ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Glad you made it home safe! I wish I could have been there. As far as I'm concerned this is the biggest win of my life watching UK football. I was at the Bama game and it was my tops until this one.

Hard to imagine the gains we made today. Both in the eyes of the media and in the eyes of potential recruits. Kentucky is one of the cool kids now. Hang on...
I'd say it's right up there with Benny's record setting game in the 2019 Citrus Bowl against Penn State.

You're a lucky man to experience one of the greatest wins in program history. It must have really been hot too. The temp on the field was anywhere from 102-110.
I had no idea it was that hot. We had nice seats under cover out of the sun. Nice breeze. I am going to celebrate in the pool tonight with a few cool ones.

It was a a great crowd and I can tell you the Iowa fans left that stadium with a lot of respect for UK. They were pretty confident before the game but were shaking their head as they filed out of the stadium. The Cats showed them something and one of them told me so this is the SEC, Then "you guys play in a tough league".

Yep we do

I'd say it's right up there with Bennie's record setting game in the 2019 Citrus Bowl against Penn State.
I agree with that view as well. We've had many big wins over the years that felt just as good. I'm talking about big wins that make a difference. Stoops already had us rolling downhill, this bowl win will give us an extra boost. Sure some of the lower SEC teams lost their bowl games, but the cream of the crop rolled on. Some of that cream is us.

There was some hitting going on in that game today too. Hard knocks. I doubt if Corker can walk right now. He got folded up a few times by Iowa RB's. I don't know if Vito Tisdale made it back after the hit he laid on the runner.

I would like to see a keyboard warrior tell one of those guys that the war they just went through was meaningless. Should be fun to watch.

Glad you made it home safe! I wish I could have been there. As far as I'm concerned this is the biggest win of my life watching UK football. I was at the Bama game and it was my tops until this one.

Hard to imagine the gains we made today. Both in the eyes of the media and in the eyes of potential recruits. Kentucky is one of the cool kids now. Hang on...
Best bowl win that I’ve seen in my lifetime hands down
HA (I know HA again and again.)

That sounded like something you'd buy if you wanted to dust someone off after a loss but just me... ;)
some people.......... and gizzards.

There was some hitting going on in that game today too. Hard knocks. I doubt if Corker can walk right now. He got folded up a few times by Iowa RB's. I don't know if Vito Tisdale made it back after the hit he laid on the runner.

I would like to see a keyboard warrior tell one of those guys that the war they just went through was meaningless. Should be fun to watch.
Levis will also be sore tomorrow if he isn't already. He took some monster hits.

Morning guys. It is a rainy 51.1°F here on our way to an unseasonable 70°. We have now received .31" of frizzle in the last two days.

I am lazy. Christmas company and the rest of the comings and goings has worn my old butt out. I did little yesterday. Today's chore is to eat or fix what may spoil. Hard work.

My cousin who we see three or four times a week, lives in Chalybeate, about 7 miles north of me on top of the Dripping Springs Escarpment, the geological feature the created all the caves in this area. The escarpment is about 200 feet higher than the pennyroyal plateau that Smiths Grove in located on.

Anyway he had to pay to have tornado debris in his yard removed. One piece was a 16' garage door section with the actual handle to open it still attached. His nephew owns the farm behind and across the road from him and he is going to have to have a big clean up of his fields before he can plant his spring crop. There are pieces of wood with nails and screws in them along with insulation and roofing.

I assume the tornado, even though it did not got on top of the escarpment, dumped the debris in the Chalybeate area. They did not even lose their electricity there. Mother nature does some strange things. There is no telling how high some of the debris was taken into the cloud.

You all have a good day.
I saw where a lady in Indiana, across from Louisville, had discovered a picture from a house in Mayfield. My niece’s nephew visited the area and a truck was picked up and dropped across a pretty good sized lake. He said that gas lines were ripped out of the ground.

HA (I know HA again and again.)

That sounded like something you'd buy if you wanted to dust someone off after a loss but just me... ;)
After a great victory and victorious day some people drink find champagne and eat caviar but I am a simple man. Just buy me a sack of gizzards, give me a bottle of hot sauce and I am a man with a satisfied mind.

2022 has started off to be a very fine year.

Anyway an update. My Darling had some kind of trauma to her eye. She woke up a couple days ago with blood in her eye. (Inside her eyeball. Not much on the medical terms.) Had some sharp headache pains for about a week prior. I was able to make her an appointment at our local doctor. He wasn't too concerned.(That was Thursday.) When we woke up this morning the same eye had blood in it on the other side. We took a trip to the Urgent care facility near us. With some other neurological issues a concern and after explaining what got her to today this doctor ordered a CT scan. All came back with no issues.

Hopefully it was what was initially thought of as a neck muscle strain and the doctor said even a hard sneeze could cause the blood in my Darlings eye.

I think it may have been helped along a couple weeks ago when my youngest granddaughter (23 months old) headbutted my wife on the side of her head at that eye (My Darling at the time stated it was the worst pain she had ever felt. She's had some pain in her life too.)(My granddaughter was just horsing around as was my grandson.) and then about a week after that my grandson headbutted her too in about the same area but it didn't seem to hurt as much at that time.

All my children being in the medical field started getting involved. (The too many cooks analogy, though they were concerned and are competent in their fields.) I didn't even tell my children until my Darling was in getting her CT scan today.

We were at Uncle Julio's in Woodbridge, VA eating when the Cats were finishing off, what was that teams name? ;)

Anyway, we have a few different follow ups to schedule but the clear CT scan gave my Darling some comfort as she was concerned about having a more serious issue. Thanks for letting me vent/ ramble a little.

After a great victory and victorious day some people drink find champagne and eat caviar but I am a simple man. Just buy me a sack of gizzards, give me a bottle of hot sauce and I am a man with a satisfied mind.

I can identify with that, but not with gizzards. Give me some squirrel brains and hog jaw bacon.

sanford-and.gif

😁 😇✌️

Anyway an update. My Darling had some kind of trauma to her eye. She woke up a couple days ago with blood in her eye. (Inside her eyeball. Not much on the medical terms.) Had some sharp headache pains for about a week prior. I was able to make her an appointment at our local doctor. He wasn't too concerned.(That was Thursday.) When we woke up this morning the same eye had blood in it on the other side. We took a trip to the Urgent care facility near us. With some other neurological issues a concern and after explaining what got her to today this doctor ordered a CT scan. All came back with no issues.

Hopefully it was what was initially thought of as a neck muscle strain and the doctor said even a hard sneeze could cause the blood in my Darlings eye.

I think it may have been helped along a couple weeks ago when my youngest granddaughter (23 months old) headbutted my wife on the side of her head at that eye (My Darling at the time stated it was the worst pain she had ever felt. She's had some pain in her life too.)(My granddaughter was just horsing around as was my grandson.) and then about a week after that my grandson headbutted her too in about the same area but it didn't seem to hurt as much at that time.

All my children being in the medical field started getting involved. (The too many cooks analogy, though they were concerned and are competent in their fields.) I didn't even tell my children until my Darling was in getting her CT scan today.

We were at Uncle Julio's in Woodbridge, VA eating when the Cats were finishing off, what was that teams name? ;)

Anyway, we have a few different follow ups to schedule but the clear CT scan gave my Darling some comfort as she was concerned about having a more serious issue. Thanks for letting me vent/ ramble a little.
Hope everything is ok with her man, and thanks for the post. I know what CT scans and worry are all about. Happy New Year!

I have no idea how much I pay for cable and internet. It seems like I heard it's over $100 a month. On streaming we have Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, MotorTrend, Britbox, and probably some other stuff I don't know about.

We rarely go out so we spend money on stay at home stuff.
Same here.

My spectrum bill is $300 a month. That is cable, everything they offer, phone and internet (600 Mbps). On top of that I have ESPN+, Netflex, Prime and Britbox.

Sherry and I like TV and I am not going to nic pic over price for something that I can't live without. It pisses me off when I go to a guide and it says I can't watch it. So I buy everything so I will not be pissed. Plus it keep Sherry happy.

One more thing: a cable box is far more responsive than a streaming service.

Prayers your way for a special healing of the Mrs.

Best of luck. I'm not one to go to doctors, more so since covid. Jan kept telling me my right eye was bloodshot, but it didn,t hurt and I figured it was no big deal, so I ignored it. Several. Months later I decided I needed new glasses, so I went to get a new prescription. She wanted to do a test where I pushed A button when I saw A speck of light. Turns out the pressure in my right eye was to high and that had killed nerve endings in the eye. I have a huge spot in my right eye where I have lost sight. The left eye had been compensating for it and I hadn't really caught it other than thinking I needed stronger glasses.

Good morning! I've got no problems with 2022 so far, but I've only been awake for half an hour. Give me time.

I have no idea for a score today. I saw Iowa play one time and they got smoked by the Michigan team that got smoked by Georgia. Transitive property says we smoke Iowa. Reality says we sneak by.

24-21

On On U of K, we are right for the fight today!
Wow: the final score was 20-17. Pretty damned accurate!

Gene Watson...

Been reminiscing on a lot of the old country classics lately, had not remembered that one. Hard to believe He’s that old. But hard to believe I’m catching up!

I had a couple of ribeyes and a huge tater ready to go for the after game. Best steak I've cooked all year.

Hey folks. Went to Shelbyville and Taylorsville to be with my kids the last two days.

I got home and there was no damage that I can see in the dark. I am a lucky man in so many ways.

I simply enjoyed the SEC the last two days.

When are they going to quit over rating the Big Ten?

On over rating:

Why did number 5 Notre Dame lose to Okla State?

Next year Notre Dame, Michigan, Washington, Ohio State and many other will again be over rated and then lose. It is stupid.

Why was Iowa ranked 15 and UK 22?
Bert, as I was walking out of the stadium an Iowa fan said (paraphrase), you have a good team and the SEC is a pretty good league isn't it. They were very confident they were going to smoke us and losing was not on their mind. They were from the Big Ten. LOL

I don't know about the rest of college football but Iowa fans sure respect us after today's game.

Hey ;)

Last edited:
I had the honor of sitting in on a few Bill Gaither concerts when I was younger in Michigan in my teens. I am touched by the Grace God has shown that Man to allow him to write so many songs glorifying God... His songs are comforting... (God has touched me and had his hand in my life too but in different ways so many times.) I am thankful...

14° degree right now with 20-30mph winds and gust up to 40mph. The monster saw snow for the first time since we got a light blanket of it tonight. She is out there right now playing in it. She has the coat for it. The others are inside not wanting to go out. They have seen it before and are house mutts mostly so...

Morning Legionnaires! Off dem backs and out of dem racks! We have a New Years revolution to get started on! Yeah, I know, but with the way this country is going we need a revolution to establish a resolution. Some of us will continue to run that through our supreme leader and savior the Lord Jesus Christ. Payers for all hurting or not because we all need it.

15° this morning with winds continuing 15-20mph with gust up to 30mph or more. 36° on tap for the day. Snow on the ground but only in a light blanket. All dogs went out already to do their business and came back in with in a couple of minutes except the monster. She stayed out for a bit before deciding she was still sleepy and came back in and now everyone is zonked out but me.

After a slow start for bowl games the SEC finally showed that at least the upper echelon belonged in the bowl games they were slotted for. I was really worried about our game with the lack of getting into the end zone at the end of the first half and our slow start to the second half. Thought we played too conservatively until they caught up and then we were back to the style of play we have seen many times this year. Yes, injuries and covid did have an effect on players being out so... The good thing though, they did not quit. Winners win ugly as well as commandingly.

WELL DONE CATS!.

Last edited:
Good Sunday morning D-League.

I am going to watch the game again on YouTube and feel good all over again. It was a great day to be a UK football fan, especially being at the game with fellow UK fans who turned out in large numbers to root for the Cats. I can get use to going to Bowl Games every year. It keeps me young.

It's currently 73° and the sun will take us up to 79° by midafternoon.
Here are a few minutes of highlights that will give you a good feeling of the state of UK football. Not mentioned enough was UK had 7 starters on defense who were out of the game or limited. And they still were able to come back and get the win.

Last edited:
Good morning! Final total ending up being 4.1 inches of rain here. That'll happen from time to time.

We might receive a dividend check sooner than we thought off of our bowl win. Still a few transfers out there in Portalville who may give us another look.

Schedule is tougher next year than it was this year, but that's OK, we will be tougher next year as well. With 7 starters out on defense, it was the 2nd and 3rd stringers out there making stops and winning the game. That's very valuable experience going forward for the younger guys.

Just 35 weeks to go until kickoff 2022!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT