ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning, D, read Acts5 and Luke 2.

I want to wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS to the D!!!
Thanks for the friendship, the humor, the expert advice and most of all thank you to the VETERANS WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY SO WE COULD CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOR THIS MORNING!!!

Thank you, Bert, for listening to me when my heart is breaking and making me laugh when I am hurting so bad!!!!

Have a great day my friends and prayers for the D!!!!

I went and placed a #bekind and #JP'S story on his tree yesterday, the picture I saw was made when it was dark, come to find out it was a road cone with solar lights wrapped around it, it didn't matter, because JP would have loved it!!!! Someone ask me if I thought someone would steal the ornament, we decided if they do it's ok.

Merry Christmas D-League.

We capped the season last night with supper at the District Chop House, a steak house near the National Archives, then walked down to see the National Christmas Tree on the Mall behind the White House.

Waiting for the kids to get up to open some presents. When they were 10 that was 6am. Now that they are 20-something Thats around 9am.

I hope it’s a great day for everyone.

Merry Christmas! So far it hasn't been too merry. We had an unexpected plumbing problem in the middle of our party for my wife's side of the family last night. Unlikely that I'll find a plumber today but I can wait until tomorrow and completely replace the problem myself. Can only turn on the water as we need it until then (showers, brushing teeth, etc.).

Oh well. Compared to the folks hit by the tornado this is a piece of cake.

Enjoy the day my friends! It'll be a busy one for us.

Opening presents for us is always late afternoon or evening here. We wait until the in-laws get here which is always later than the time my wife tells them the food will be ready. Noon today is when she told them so that will be about 1300 or 1400 arrival for them. Eh, more time for me to relax and then go fishing. 😁 I told my daughter that last night and she said: "No dad, that would not be right, it's Christmas". Curses!

Enjoy the day folks and remember who the season is for.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!

Merry Christmas D-League. It's currently 64° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring rain showers and a high of 67°.

Everyone stay safe on this Christmas Day.

148322-We-Wish-You-A-Merry-Christmas.gif

Merry Christmas! So far it hasn't been too merry. We had an unexpected plumbing problem in the middle of our party for my wife's side of the family last night. Unlikely that I'll find a plumber today but I can wait until tomorrow and completely replace the problem myself. Can only turn on the water as we need it until then (showers, brushing teeth, etc.).

Oh well. Compared to the folks hit by the tornado this is a piece of cake.

Enjoy the day my friends! It'll be a busy one for us.
I have some pex plastic, some copper, fittings, if'n I can help.......let me know.......I ain't a plumber......just handy.....and only a few miles away....

Last edited:
Good morning, D, read Acts5 and Luke 2.

I want to wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS to the D!!!
Thanks for the friendship, the humor, the expert advice and most of all thank you to the VETERANS WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY SO WE COULD CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOR THIS MORNING!!!

Thank you, Bert, for listening to me when my heart is breaking and making me laugh when I am hurting so bad!!!!

Have a great day my friends and prayers for the D!!!!

I went and placed a #bekind and #JP'S story on his tree yesterday, the picture I saw was made when it was dark, come to find out it was a road cone with solar lights wrapped around it, it didn't matter, because JP would have loved it!!!! Someone ask me if I thought someone would steal the ornament, we decided if they do it's ok.
You are welcomed Cord.

My wife just showed me a tray of Kentucky style bourbon balls she secretly made for me. Said there where 37 of them so, I quickly snatched one up and ate it. She said that they were supposed to be for later, but I told her the number was uneven and I needed to correct that.

My wife just showed me a tray of Kentucky style bourbon balls she secretly made for me. Said there where 37 of them so, I quickly snatched one up and ate it. She said that they were supposed to be for later, but I told her the number was uneven and I needed to correct that.
Yep, since 37 is a prime number, no way to divide them into equal size groups other than of 1 & 37. Net, you should eat the other 36 to return it to just one group.

Just because it is Christmas.....you can't slack off.........you have to have symmetry...............it is very important to me also..........you might also want to count heads and maybe allocate 2 per person and remove the rest as overage.....it does have bourbon in them...........you wouldn't want any of your guest to over imbibe as it were.......hell.......one each might be enough for them......put the rest away as personal stock........

Well, Vieques Island of PR is an interesting place. As someone said earlier, not a lot to do besides go to multiple beautiful beaches. No resorts/golf. Plenty of fishing. Can bike around outside the one significant town, Isabel Segunda. Roads are narrow & often winding, up not much traffic at all. Like 8-10K natives. Hillier than I expected but makes for great ocean views - which we had. Weather was excellent: 82-85 each day with just a couple of morning showers. Water plenty warm but not bathtub warm. Our five nights was enough.

Went on a bioluminescence kayak tour one evening. Interesting, Microrganisms give off light - in this case, bluish white when moved in the water. Could scoop up a handful of water and have dozens of specks bigger than a pinhead lit up for a second. Paddles also lit up when lifted from water.

I have some pex plastic, some copper, fittings, if'n I can help.......let me know.......I ain't a plumber......just handy.....and only a few miles away....
That's mighty kind of you awf but I've been tinkering with it and it's semi-fixed. It'll still need a proper fix and shouldn't be too tough. Knock on wood. Thanks for the offer!

Quoted this to say 37 was a prime number for you to have one.
Yep, since 37 is a prime number, no way to divide them into equal size groups other than of 1 & 37. Net, you should eat the other 36 to return it to just one group.
Thanks man. Merry Christmas, joke stealer.

Stepped outside to play with the dogs in the back yard and to give them some treats, and the weather is just beautiful, 72° with no wind. I started salivating to go and fish since yesterday was such a bust with winds blowing 25-30mph with gust up to 40mph. I came back in and told my wife I just might go for a few hours. She then drops the bomb and tells me her mother and brother just left their apartment and are on their way. It takes them about 30 minutes to get here. Looks like they will be on time for a change.

Cursed again.

Merry Christmas D League.

Been up since about 6:00 AM, gift giving is complete, breakfast was nice and traditional. The ladies are in the kitchen preparing our evening Christmas Meal. Grandkids are in the pool and calling freinds back up North in Kentucky on their phones talking about swimming on Christmas Day. My son and 1 grandson are headed out to crack stone crabs. So life is better than great. We are all blessed.

I wish health and happiness to all for the coming New Year. Reading the Christmas Story from Luke was specials this year because the grandkids presented it for all.

269899153_4335488653227803_6947578541093522466_n.jpg

Kids are out of the pool now, My grand daughter is working out for her Air Force Academy physical test next week that will be in Louisville. U.S. Congressman Andy Barr has nominated her for the Air Force Adcademy IN Colorado Springs, so the final step is taking the PT test. She is an athlete but can probably use some work on her upper body strength. Her dad is working with her right now.

The other kids (still kids in my eyes) are enjoying Christmas Day. So from all of us in the City of Mermaids enjoy the rest of the Holidays.

GO CATS BEAT I-O-WAY

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teQrmTP-S7jdCkzKafV-eJ3TUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

Saw where JD Crowe has passed. I booked him and the New South for the Paramount Arts Center in Ashland, back around 1978 or 79. Keith Whitley was his lead vocalist at the time. Legend in Bluegrass and a real gentleman. RIP. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
Hope you had a great Christmas too Ben!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We've had a very relaxed day here. Opened gifts early and then got started in the kitchen. We took it easy this year and didn't cook enough food for 10 people.

Best part of the day was how easy it was to peel the hard boiled eggs. Got lucky this time and all came off with both halves of the shells still connected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT