ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. I’m standing in line for a Double Hit - Covid booster and flu shot. My mother-in-law, who is overall delightful, is hyper-cautious about the pandemic and flat out asked my wife if we’d get boosted before Christmas Dinner, so here I am, and I figured I’d throw in the flu shot and get it over with.

It’s my son’s 22nd birthday today. What a memory - one of the three happiest days of my life along with my daughter’s births. I spent most of 1999 in Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia so I was still in that “happy to be home” frame of mind, then he came along, big and perfect - 10 pounds, eight ounces. Life is so good sometimes, and that was such a time.

Yes Sir,
My Darling had the flu shot and sheer schedule has stopped me from stopping by Walgreen's and getting mine though I intend to do so soon.

Not so sure I will take anymore china virus shots though my Darling and I had our initial shots. It is disconcerting to where it all ends and the reasoning why at this point. Just not sure I will go forward with this until some pause happens to where a concerted effort to ensure the way forward is the correct path. Just worrisome now how this government is conducting "business"...

I only have one more work day this year and I will have better time to make better decisions but I am going to error on the side of caution this go-round. Be cautious of the intended outcomes of some who I highly doubt have our (United States Citizens) best interests at heart. jmuo

Yes Sir,
My Darling had the flu shot and sheer schedule has stopped me from stopping by Walgreen's and getting mine though I intend to do so soon.

Not so sure I will take anymore china virus shots though my Darling and I had our initial shots. It is disconcerting to where it all ends and the reasoning why at this point. Just not sure I will go forward with this until some pause happens to where a concerted effort to ensure the way forward is the correct path. Just worrisome now how this government is conducting "business"...

I only have one more work day this year and I will have better time to make better decisions but I am going to error on the side of caution this go-round. Be cautious of the intended outcomes of some who I highly doubt have our (United States Citizens) best interests at heart. jmuo
I am pretty much with you and your darling on any future Covid shots. We are very fortunate in the manner our state handled this pandemic because for the most part we continued to live our life as we had before this started. Our state has prospered and children went to school , restaurants and bars remained open and Covid cases were manageable . We have therapeutic treatment centers all over the state which has been a blessing for all and kept people out of the hospital and reduced deaths. .

Best of all there are no mandates imposed by the state. You can make the choice, I respect what ever any individual chooses to do.

That is an old old one. I first heard it when Chuck Berry was doing his thing.

I hear each of them nearly every day during this season. Christmas tunes are going here at the house a lot and anytime I'm driving the truck the radio is on 106.9 for their Christmas tunes. Prolly hear the CB version 3 to 1 over KC.

Tee time at 1030 this morning 55° right now on its way to 64°. Not optimum, but what is?

Hope we get all the players we want. Crazy to think we might have the 15th ranked class in the COUNTRY! Crazier still to realize that will be 9th best in the SEC. Oh well, it's who we are. It's what we do!

5y1b3n.jpg

Sad to see no one has posted all day. As a penalty, you may read the following story about Christmas for me.

In 1964 I was 4.5 years old that Christmas. I was reading the newspaper at that time because it was a natural progression from the funny pages. I had already picked up on the idea there was no Santa. One night close to Christmas, the family was riding through downtown Louisville and I saw a Santa on the corner and mentioned to my mother. Then I saw another, and another.

I said 1,2,3,4 Santa's! What the hey! Picked that up from grandpa who would never have cussed in front of me. I went into hardcore, industrial strength, inquisitive young kid mode until my mother told me would talk when we got home.

My little sister was only 1 at the time so my mother made it very clear to me that if I told her there was no Santa I would have hell to pay.

That Christmas eve I was up at 2 am helping my father put together a tricycle for my sister and a Huffy bicycle for me. It was sooo much cooler than any Christmas I could remember. Which was about 2. Every Christmas after that, until my sister was probably 22 and found out there was no Rudolf either, I would help wrap presents on Christmas Eve.

Anyway, despite my religious beliefs, I'm all into Christmas and what it stands for. I'll be giving a couple of gifts this year, just like every year, to random people at the golf course, or the lady at the bank, grocery store clerk, etc...people who have no idea I'm giving them a gift. I prefer that over exchanging gifts, which is just a barter if you are a cursed pragmatist such as myself..

Beware the Ides of December for there are only 10 days left til Christmas! Go out and look at the lights! Listen to Christmas music you've never heard! Eat food you only eat once a year and savor it!

Read Proverbs: chapter 21 verse 19 King James Version, and make an allowance. She wants Christmas to be cool just like you do. Make her happy and enjoy the football bowl games reward that you have coming.

Last edited:
Sad to see no one has posted all day. As a penalty, you may read the following story about Christmas for me.

In 1964 I was 4.5 years old that Christmas. I was reading the newspaper at that time because it was a natural progression from the funny pages. I had already picked up on the idea there was no Santa. One night close to Christmas, the family was riding through downtown Louisville and I saw a Santa on the corner and mentioned to my mother. Then I saw another, and another.

I said 1,2,3,4 Santa's! What the hey! Picked that up from grandpa who would never have cussed in front of me. I went into hardcore, industrial strength, inquisitive young kid mode until my mother told me would talk when we got home.

My little sister was only 1 at the time so my mother made it very clear to me that if I told her there was no Santa I would have hell to pay.

That Christmas eve I was up at 2 am helping my father put together a tricycle for my sister and a Huffy bicycle for me. It was sooo much cooler than any Christmas I could remember. Which was about 2. Every Christmas after that, until my sister was probably 22 and found out there was no Rudolf either, I would help wrap presents on Christmas Eve.

Anyway, despite my religious beliefs, I'm all into Christmas and what it stands for. I'll be giving a couple of gifts this year, just like every year, to random people at the golf course, or the lady at the bank, grocery store clerk, etc...people who have no idea I'm giving them a gift. I prefer that over exchanging gifts, which is just a barter if you are a cursed pragmatist such as myself..

Beware the Ides of December for there are only 10 days left til Christmas! Go out and look at the lights! Listen to Christmas music you've never heard! Eat food you only eat once a year and savor it!

Read Proverbs: chapter 21 verse 19 King James Version, and make an allowance. She wants Christmas to be cool just like you do. Make her happy and enjoy the football bowl games reward that you have coming.
I kept hitting refresh, because I thought my phone wasn't loading the whole page.

Last edited:
I played it cool at the course today and only drank one beer on the front and one on the back. No big deal. Had one in the parking lot for three beers in 4.5 to 5 hours. Stopped on the way home at the magice window and snatched a half pint of Jim Beam and a 20 oz Coke. Lumped together they make a perfect Beam and Coke.

OK, I've covered alcohol and golf. What else is there Beftfan? I can hear each of you. Old Age Advice!

OAA from here on out. OAA of the day...Keep moving! Want to double the benefits of moving? Move while you're outdoors! The air in your house this time of year may not be "stale". But it sure as hell isn't "fresh".

Here's some more OAA. Quit buying products that are hard to open. My wife keeps some kind of bologna in the fridge that has little tabs to open it with. I can't do it. I have a fairly strong grip, physically speaking of course, but I can't open that stuff. Lucky for us all that I. B. Sharpe invented the knife.

Tesla wanted to improve upon the knife but initial interest dulled when a wedge was inserted between his hollow ground edge and Edison's single beveled right handed blade of destruction. Eat your turkey as you will. For me, give me a Tesla cut every day of the week.

OK, I've covered alcohol and golf. What else is there Beftfan? I can hear each of you. Old Age Advice!

OAA from here on out. OAA of the day...Keep moving! Want to double the benefits of moving? Move while you're outdoors! The air in your house this time of year may not be "stale". But it sure as hell isn't "fresh".

Here's some more OAA. Quit buying products that are hard to open. My wife keeps some kind of bologna in the fridge that has little tabs to open it with. I can't do it. I have a fairly strong grip, physically speaking of course, but I can't open that stuff. Lucky for us all that I. B. Sharpe invented the knife.

Tesla wanted to improve upon the knife but initial interest dulled when a wedge was inserted between his hollow ground edge and Edison's single beveled right handed blade of destruction. Eat your turkey as you will. For me, give me a Tesla cut every day of the week.
Different Tesla but Elon Musk is approaching net worth of 300 billion. 297 billion and growing rapidly. He flew by Bezos as the richest man on Earth.

Good morning D-League. I’m standing in line for a Double Hit - Covid booster and flu shot. My mother-in-law, who is overall delightful, is hyper-cautious about the pandemic and flat out asked my wife if we’d get boosted before Christmas Dinner, so here I am, and I figured I’d throw in the flu shot and get it over with.

It’s my son’s 22nd birthday today. What a memory - one of the three happiest days of my life along with my daughter’s births. I spent most of 1999 in Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia so I was still in that “happy to be home” frame of mind, then he came along, big and perfect - 10 pounds, eight ounces. Life is so good sometimes, and that was such a time.
Happy Birthday to your son!

D League Public Service Message"""""If you are young, build your thighs and forget about your biceps. Chicks dig the thighs more than biceps anyway. It's an evolution type of thing.

If you don't believe in evolution then justify what I just said by realizing that big thighs beat out the small thighs when we were running down the hill to eff ALL the women, not just one.

Derp derp, herpty derp!

Different Tesla but Elon Musk is approaching net worth of 300 billion. 297 billion and growing rapidly. He flew by Bezos as the richest man on Earth.
Wow! He is so rich! That's just not right. He should give all his money to everyone else. That is $1000 apiece for every American who is an actual American. How would that change anything beyond a week or so? When you scale it up to the world, then if Musk gave away his fortune to everyone in the world, then it would be a windfall of about some amount of money.

Said the city of Mayfield, Kentucky was hit particularly hard. A candle manufacturing factory that was operating when the tornado hit, was nearly collapsed from it. That same tornado was on the ground for over 200 miles and was in parts of 4 states.

Thoughts and prayers to those affected by this tragic event.
I live just outside Mayfield. Just got my power back on a couple of hours ago. Lots of power poles are down in town. It will be another week or two before some get power. We live semi off grid, so we did ok. Lots of church groups helping out. Regarding the candle factory, I have had dealings with the owner and I don't care for her. Rumor I heard from an employee from there is some folks asked to go home to shelter and were told they would be fired if they did. Also there were inmates working on a work release program. A deputy who was supervising the inmates was one of the dead.

Wow! He is so rich! That's just not right. He should give all his money to everyone else. That is $1000 apiece for every American who is an actual American. How would that change anything beyond a week or so? When you scale it up to the world, then if Musk gave away his fortune to everyone in the world, then it would be a windfall of about some amount of money.
Let's ask AOC. She's the economic expert.

I live just outside Mayfield. Just got my power back on a couple of hours ago. Lots of power poles are down in town. It will be another week or two before some get power. We live semi off grid, so we did ok. Lots of church groups helping out. Regarding the candle factory, I have had dealings with the owner and I don't care for her. Rumor I heard from an employee from there is some folks asked to go home to shelter and were told they would be fired if they did. Also there were inmates working on a work release program. A deputy who was supervising the inmates was one of the dead.
Hey glad you got your power back on Bernie and so glad the people in your community are helping out those that really need the support.

Glad to know that you're all right. I saw a picture of little girl holding a doll, looking at where her house used to stand. Talk about playing on your feelings.

Speaking of the candle factory, I just read where the surviving employees are suing.

Don't believe the workers for a second. As the owners said, there was a corono protocol in place that said anyone could leave at any time and come back when they wanted.

Some people have got together to take advantage of this evil white owner of a company that provided income to the ENTIRE community.

That is my initial response. I've been in situations where the person in charge made stupid decisions. In each case I did what I thought was the best for me and my desire to live.

If you are an idiot that would let a job take place over your life, then I would say good luck to you.

James Beam and coke talk? Talking?

Some DC irony for you.... figure out what it is.....

267902180_5161606627186209_3541391619350998143_n.jpg

I used to work in that building.

Also to give you a hint, where is the walk path intended, and where are the lines to walk between drawn... Man if DC could ever connect the dots... much less the lines...

I played it cool at the course today and only drank one beer on the front and one on the back. No big deal. Had one in the parking lot for three beers in 4.5 to 5 hours. Stopped on the way home at the magice window and snatched a half pint of Jim Beam and a 20 oz Coke. Lumped together they make a perfect Beam and Coke.
Lush.

My wife bought a package of York Peppermint Patties. I threw them in the freezer. Haven't had one in years. Refreshing just like the old commercials say.
My wife pissed me off. let's call it a win for you.
James Beam and coke talk? Talking?
I thought I made that clear. If you are teaming up with my wife then bring it on! Big ones get in line, little ones come in bunches! Don't care who you think you are, better bring your lunches!

Whooo hoooo!

Played 27 holes today with the same ball. Had a couple, or a few, inopportune holes with triples and doubles, but still shot a miserable 81 with the first 18.

Some DC irony for you.... figure out what it is.....

267902180_5161606627186209_3541391619350998143_n.jpg

I used to work in that building.

Also to give you a hint, where is the walk path intended, and where are the lines to walk between drawn... Man if DC could ever connect the dots... much less the lines...
Probably should refrain here, but. BB was allowed, so! I forgot the topic. Where’s Bert?

With the weather we are having here, I have the back door and the windows open and have for most of the day and the last few days. 71° right now with light winds. Winds hit gust today of 50mph.

There was a fire earlier down the street and across from us in the fields there. The wind was gusting hard and made it difficult for the fire department to handle. Several surrounding city fire departments were involved. We got an evacuation notice on our cell phones for a three mile radius which included us. I was up the road at the lake fishing when I saw the smoke and my daughter was at home. I quickly rushed home and the smoke was heavy but the wind was coming from behind us so it was moving away from us. Me and the neighbors kept a close eye for about 2 hours before the fire moved north and out of range. Eventually the fire departments got it under control and rescinded the evac order.

My wife pissed me off. let's call it a win for you.

I thought I made that clear. If you are teaming up with my wife then bring it on! Big ones get in line, little ones come in bunches! Don't care who you think you are, better bring your lunches!

Whooo hoooo!

Played 27 holes today with the same ball. Had a couple, or a few, inopportune holes with triples and doubles, but still shot a miserable 81 with the first 18.
Don't need a lunch, I eat fist but, I am not very hungry right now.

Weebulls wabble but they don't fall down!

They also eat things that they might not think they'll like, because they AIN'T SKEERED!
With the weather we are having here, I have the back door and the windows open and have for most of the day and the last few days. 71° right now with light winds. Winds hit gust today of 50mph.
I think we saw one today around 40mph. It moved a ball on the green Nothing to stop the wind where you are.

Weebulls wabble but they don't fall down!

They also eat things that they might not think they'll like, because they AIN'T SKEERED!

I think we saw one today around 40mph. It moved a ball on the green Nothing to stop the wind where you are.
It had the fire moving fast for a while but there where so many fire trucks and brush poppers that they got it under control.

Well I don't know about giving everybody else any of his money but it would be cool if he would at least send some of it my way. I'm not even suggesting tens of thousands or a million - just wet my beak.

Good morning from ATX. We've got 71°F and cloudy. Today's high projected at around 78°F. Cold front coming in Saturday night.

My laptop just upgraded to Windows 11. So far, so good.

Shopped a little for Christmas yesterday. Purchased a new Keurig K-cup coffee maker. Wife loves coffee. One cup per day is enough for me. Jury duty was an exception. Never doze off with a judge in the room. Drank 2-3 cups/day during that week.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

boston-tea-party-1-638.jpg

I love this story. We appreciate you Bertfan31

I will copy and paste yesterday's local weather. It is the same. Still no snow in the forecast.

We have a pleasant 63° and skies will be mostly sunny as we head up to 78°. Our rain chances are 15% and in spite of climate change we should not have any snow or ice today

Yesterday was a banner day for football recruiting. Cats signed a Top 10 class and beat out some big boys for them. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State. Yes the Cats did good.

I am ready for some football.

Good morning, D-League!

57° and gusty outside this morning. Hoping to get the rest of the leaves into the composting area before the rain hits today. Plant a couple seedlings too, if I can.

Great NSD yesterday! Hoping we get a signature from KGoodwin this morning early to deter any freak outs and trolls here on the interwebs. 10th ranked class in the nation! 10th ranked class in the nation! 11 4 stars. 1 5 star. Still sounds like someone playing a sick Joke on us back about 11 or 12 years ago. UK isn't going to get those players, right?

My biggest concern today, as it was yesterday, is that people are already starting to let up in their thoughts for western Kentucky and all the assistance they will continue to need through the winter. My buddy and I had a difficult time finding a place to drop off items for the relief effort, as many had already sent their trucks out west and stopped taking more items. We all need to try to keep it on everyone's mind through winter and into spring wherever and however we can.

As soon as Christmas has passed, donating to food pantries lets up each year, and it needs to be a double effort in the opposite direction for the folks in Mayfield, Dawson Springs, etc.

Hope it's a great day for y'all today! Don't fail to thank God today for the time, blessings, and mercies we've all been given! Thankful for all of you!

Morning Legionnaires! Strike up those razors and blazers for those who are going out and be careful out there.

46° this morning with 60's as a high for today. Not much going on except the normal karate class for today and a honey do list from my wife while I am out.

Heard that Biden landed in Kentucky yesterday to survey the damage :rolleyes:. Kentuckians did not disappoint as he was greeted with some "Let's Go Brandon!" chants. Heh, heh, heh. Me like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT