ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning Legionnaires! Strike up those razors and blazers for those who are going out and be careful out there.

46° this morning with 60's as a high for today. Not much going on except the normal karate class for today and a honey do list from my wife while I am out.

Heard that Biden landed in Kentucky yesterday to survey the damage :rolleyes:. Kentuckians did not disappoint as he was greeted with some "Let's Go Brandon!" chants. Heh, heh, heh. Me like.
They knew he was only there for the photo op. One woman went as far as to call him a pedophile. Sadly, he did little to disprove that claim.

Morning Legionnaires! Strike up those razors and blazers for those who are going out and be careful out there.

46° this morning with 60's as a high for today. Not much going on except the normal karate class for today and a honey do list from my wife while I am out.

Heard that Biden landed in Kentucky yesterday to survey the damage :rolleyes:. Kentuckians did not disappoint as he was greeted with some "Let's Go Brandon!" chants. Heh, heh, heh. Me like.
Jan has a house in town that has damage (nobody was living in it at the time). We've been going over daily trying to salvage what we can. Lots of church groups volunteering help. Had to cut up a bunch of downed trees just to get to where we could reach the house safely. All the streets were closed during bitem's visit and we were needing to get there to cover windows and spots on the roof before the rains hit. Cost us valuable daylight time. We would've added to the chant had we been close enough. They were giving out free generators and cell phones. Some were getting multiples and turning around and selling them.

Sitting here at 0200 seeing what these storms are going to do. Just made it through our first tornado warning of the night. My phone went off, Alexa went off, the tv went off, and the siren for the town went off. They said it was radar verified but counties are huge compared to a tornado. I went outside to see what was up and there were no tornadic clouds in my area.

We have another set coming through within the hour.

Good morning D Leaguers

Waiting on the sun to come up and have the smell of bacon frying on my outdoor grill. A couple of night ago a black bear came out of the wildlife preserve and scared a bunch of people. The whole community kept their outdoor lights on all night last night. LOL

I sure hope the tornadoes leave you folks alone. That is the last thing we need right before Christmas. of course they are never needed. Prayers your way.

Temperatures here are currently 65° with fog. The sun will take care of that this morning. Our high will shoot up to 79° by noon. Little to no chance of rain and pleasant, for us, humidity. A nice day for sure. Take care all,

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teQIItH64VexF1HKaZ7cxNGYaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

Prayers for everyone in Southwestern Kentucky. A horrible night. I checked in on my son and he was down in Garrard County at the home of a girlfriend. Safe enough I suppose but the winds were howling and they kept getting Tornado Warnings on their phone. I know those things cover hundreds of miles but still unsettling.

I hope all your families are safe.

I turned on the news and it is not a pretty sight. God be with those who have lost loved ones and heavy property damage. They are reporting at least 50 dead in Kentucky. I have no words to explain my feelings, I just pray for those who experienced this.

I have never been in a tornado but I sure have seen the results of them during my working career.
Hey D-League I am still alive. Sorry about that because you all can't be free now. I am now back on the D-League!

We were not touched. Parts of Bowling Green were blown down. Our utilities were wrecked. Some of the new metal transmission lines were blown to bits. Mother nature is powerful.

We were without power for 36 hours; without cell service for 24 hours and without land line, cable and internet for 6 days. All my friends in Smiths Grove showed up. One of my friends came over ever 12 hours to run my freezer and refrigerators, the churches cleaned debris and took care of all that they could without help from any governmental agency. Southern culture is remarkable and I am proud to be part of it.

Now I must figure out how to replay the kindness that has been shown to me.

This afternoon Sherry was "redecorating" the Christmas tree and our Cable DVR Box showed the time four hours and thirty minutes ahead of the real time. Then all of a sudden at 10:52 am the phone rang and it was Sawnee Cat. We knew then we have phone, cable and internet. What a wonderful sign. Sawnee did not know why I was so happy! I am now in touch with humanity.

My friends at the D-League are wonderful. Cordmaker, Bertfan, Sawnee, Austin, et.al. it does not get better than the D-League.

All you guys are first class.

Good morning folks.......The Director's last day at work was Saturday............yesterday she was telling me how great it was to get away from work........this morning the alarm goes off..........she has to go to work because............."Cardinal Uniforms was going to be at work and she needed some new scrubs", WTH..................I knew this retirement thing was going to be a ruse........
Please wish the Director a good retirement.

I retired January 2000. I have worked my butt off since then!

I had already cleared my history and reset some stuff. To get this picture to show up I right clicked on the pic and selected Save Image Link. Then I had to use Ctrl + V to insert into the Insert Image box. I'm pretty sure I used to just right click to save a pic and right click to post it. Very easy.
images
This crap is above my pay grade!

I only have one more work day this year and I will have better time to make better decisions but I am going to error on the side of caution this go-round. Be cautious of the intended outcomes of some who I highly doubt have our (United States Citizens) best interests at heart. jmuo

Does that mean you will be in a good mood? :)

I just spoke with Bert H and he is doing well. He is back on the internet and TV is working. Bert is in good spirits and is thankful of friends in times like these.

They don't make them any better than Bert H. We should see him on the forum soon.,
Sawnee you are a fine person. I am glad you are my friend.

However, it takes a long time to go through the D-League to get up to date. I have been reading and liking and loving and laughing for a long time.

I think the world of you guys.

I've said it before, if you are winning at UK then you are winning in the SEC. Maybe all this could have happened sooner if we would have just taken the chance and made the investments. We'll never have the instate talent that some schools enjoy because we only have 4.5 million population. Now that we're recruiting nationally with the big dogs it's going to continue to steamroll.

Next order of business for our rise to the top is to beat Iowa. A curbstomping would go nicely with this new class.

I've said it before, if you are winning at UK then you are winning in the SEC. Maybe all this could have happened sooner if we would have just taken the chance and made the investments. We'll never have the instate talent that some schools enjoy because we only have 4.5 million population. Now that we're recruiting nationally with the big dogs it's going to continue to steamroll.

Next order of business for our rise to the top is to beat Iowa. A curbstomping would go nicely with this new class.
Exactly right. Investments in the program are madatory if you want to compete in the SEC. Most all of the other SEC schools spend money and the benefits are higher profits. These investments pay for themselves.

A couple of heavy weights in the league are down now and are rebuilding. We should be able to hold our own against them and heck, I have already circled the Gators on my calendar for next season. The thought of getting better and better gets my adrenelin flowing. A Bowl Victory would be a wonderful way to start 2022. Why not?

Last edited:
Exactly right. Investments in the program are madatory if you want to compete in the SEC. Most alll of the other SEC schools spend money and the benefits are higher profits. These investments pay for themselves.

A couple of heavy weights in the league are down now and are rebuilding. We should be able to hold our own against them and heck, I have already circled the Gators on my calendar for next season. The thought of getting better and better gets my adrenelin flowing. A Bowl Victory was be a wonderful way to start 2022. Why not?
I remember well when I moved to Florida in 1976 that the Cats had more wins over Florida. The last 45 years have favored Florida.

Exactly right. Investments in the program are madatory if you want to compete in the SEC. Most all of the other SEC schools spend money and the benefits are higher profits. These investments pay for themselves.

A couple of heavy weights in the league are down now and are rebuilding. We should be able to hold our own against them and heck, I have already circled the Gators on my calendar for next season. The thought of getting better and better gets my adrenelin flowing. A Bowl Victory would be a wonderful way to start 2022. Why not?

I had given up on UK football for years. "Never gonna happen," sez I.

Then I heard that still, quiet voice. "Endeavor to persevere."

3e2316bfdf5f78586d7b1b6b35fc917a.jpg

I just heard the Ohio State game may be cancelled due to COVID. What?
I just heard they are going to mess with the Super Bowl out in LA. They've already said masks will be mandatory in the stadium and they will probably restrict attendance as well. Not going to mean much to me because that's the only game I watch and mostly to see the commercials.

Hey D-League I am still alive. Sorry about that because you all can't be free now. I am now back on the D-League!

We were not touched. Parts of Bowling Green were blown down. Our utilities were wrecked. Some of the new metal transmission lines were blown to bits. Mother nature is powerful.

We were without power for 36 hours; without cell service for 24 hours and without land line, cable and internet for 6 days. All my friends in Smiths Grove showed up. One of my friends came over ever 12 hours to run my freezer and refrigerators, the churches cleaned debris and took care of all that they could without help from any governmental agency. Southern culture is remarkable and I am proud to be part of it.

Now I must figure out how to replay the kindness that has been shown to me.

This afternoon Sherry was "redecorating" the Christmas tree and our Cable DVR Box showed the time four hours and thirty minutes ahead of the real time. Then all of a sudden at 10:52 am the phone rang and it was Sawnee Cat. We knew then we have phone, cable and internet. What a wonderful sign. Sawnee did not know why I was so happy! I am now in touch with humanity.

My friends at the D-League are wonderful. Cordmaker, Bertfan, Sawnee, Austin, et.al. it does not get better than the D-League.

All you guys are first class.
Welcome back good sir! So glad to hear that you and your family are safe. The place hasn't been the same without you.

OK, I've covered alcohol and golf. What else is there Beftfan? I can hear each of you. Old Age Advice!

OAA from here on out. OAA of the day...Keep moving! Want to double the benefits of moving? Move while you're outdoors! The air in your house this time of year may not be "stale". But it sure as hell isn't "fresh".

Here's some more OAA. Quit buying products that are hard to open. My wife keeps some kind of bologna in the fridge that has little tabs to open it with. I can't do it. I have a fairly strong grip, physically speaking of course, but I can't open that stuff. Lucky for us all that I. B. Sharpe invented the knife.

Tesla wanted to improve upon the knife but initial interest dulled when a wedge was inserted between his hollow ground edge and Edison's single beveled right handed blade of destruction. Eat your turkey as you will. For me, give me a Tesla cut every day of the week.
Must be Fisher's Bologna.......hardest damn stuff in the world to open........and it is a one time deal........you can't even re-seal it.......you have to be one of those rock climbers that just hang on by their finger tips.......I'm not ........
it is the only bad thing about the product.......I spoke to Carl Fisher who was 1/2 owner of the company about it.......he said that decision was so far below his pay grade that it was probably best if I just cut it open with scissors like he did......

Last edited:
Yep. Cancelled. Bummer but if they are the ones cancelling the game then I think we should win by forfeit.
The only reason that they cancelled it was because I could record it.

Damn.

Last Saturday's game against ND was the first game that I had missed, live on radio or TV in 56 years! The last game that I missed before that was in December 1965 when I had a test that I could not lie out of!

Damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT