ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

How do we post pictures from our computer or phone that aren't online somewhere?

The pictures have to be online somewhere unless it is your avatar and that is actually hosted too.

The easiest way I found is to create a picture album on Facebook and mark it for yourself only. Then, right-click the picture and use the option that stated copy image address, go to the picture box in the thread and right-click and choose paste. Then click ok.

Should work for you or find another hosting site but the free ones I am not familiar with.

Edit: I have a rough time posting pictures from my phone but the principle is the same...

Last edited:
This is one of the most popular local dishes.

3FGtoXYafP7lbVTwmEjps3-4F9tTK8eT-F2-6Q0WJoHpP3ma7qOGsEEP7XyKEIyDMOe-OkkU1-opQo3vW3rO2b2k4jxydPAo7o1_qG9LmggvZxxzwPRbwqqEtSeBgYh4Wf6gOupNcrFj___X0Qa1HzqYibmA-TjgmzJeDJdnpG16Ei_17NQYCwlo9Y2ZhI5M_hClPw=s0-d-e1-ft

Good morning folks.......The Director's last day at work was Saturday............yesterday she was telling me how great it was to get away from work........this morning the alarm goes off..........she has to go to work because............."Cardinal Uniforms was going to be at work and she needed some new scrubs", WTH..................I knew this retirement thing was going to be a ruse........

Found out last night that along with a chocolate meringue pie, my wife wants me to make a Smith's Island Cake. I just said OK and went about not doing whatever I wasn't doing at the time. Looked it up later and just said "what the hell".

I bake, but I am not a baker. I've painted 3 barns, 2 houses, and a tractor with a rattle can. No one ever suggested I was an artist. No one asked me to paint their portrait.
I looked up a Smith's Island Cake...........YOU CAN DO IT!

I had already cleared my history and reset some stuff. To get this picture to show up I right clicked on the pic and selected Save Image Link. Then I had to use Ctrl + V to insert into the Insert Image box. I'm pretty sure I used to just right click to save a pic and right click to post it. Very easy.
images

Good morning! All the links I had saved are now gone. I still have a favorites list that managed to evade the purge.

Listened to the Jones show this morning up until Andy was coming on to tell me about the tornado. I don't even want to hear his voice so I told Alexa to STOP.

Just got a phone call while typing. There is an emergency at the golf course I need to handle. They need another guy for a foursome and that is right in my wheelhouse.

Carry on...

Good morning D, read John 15.

Just got off the phone with Bert, he told me to tell yawl that he still doesn't have internet, but he told me to tell yawl also that when he gets back on you better beware, he's going to harass all of you!!!!!! He said that he misses you so much that he's starting to take two shots of whisky a day now!!!!

I want to tell you, yesterday I took a stained glass shield and 5 ornaments to my sister that I donated to the Kiwanis club in Owenboro for their auction they were having. She called me this morning and told me that those 6 pieces sold for $280!!! Made me feel good about my work that I do!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!! I will try to give yawl a warning before Bert gets back on here, but if I don't yawl are on your own!!!!!! He also said he has poor Uncle Ken hanging on his tree!!!! LOL!!!

Found out last night that along with a chocolate meringue pie, my wife wants me to make a Smith's Island Cake. I just said OK and went about not doing whatever I wasn't doing at the time. Looked it up later and just said "what the hell".

I bake, but I am not a baker. I've painted 3 barns, 2 houses, and a tractor with a rattle can. No one ever suggested I was an artist. No one asked me to paint their portrait.
lol. Bert, Smith Island cake, as you may know by now, is a multi-layered Maryland favorite, first baked on Smith Island, a small place in the Chesapeake. It can be incredibly delicious, though I find it varies greatly from place to place. We always stop at a place on the Eastern Shore of Maryland on our way back from beach trips where we know the Smith Island Cake is spectacular.

My wife has made a few over the years. IT's a hell of a lot of work.

lol. Bert, Smith Island cake, as you may know by now, is a multi-layered Maryland favorite, first baked on Smith Island, a small place in the Chesapeake. It can be incredibly delicious, though I find it varies greatly from place to place. We always stop at a place on the Eastern Shore of Maryland on our way back from beach trips where we know the Smith Island Cake is spectacular.

My wife has made a few over the years. IT's a hell of a lot of work.
Yep, I read all about them. I'll be making mine like the original with yellow cake and chocolate icing. The icing is supposed to harden up the way I understand it. Recipe I saw said to boil the chocolate mix for 6 minutes and then throw a stick of butter in there and let it melt, but do not stir.

Tempering chocolate to make it do what you want is touchy feely business. I prefer to have a temperature goal that I can measure. Not to mention that I'll have to bake 3 layers at 3 different times to get 9 layers.

Before I do that though I have to make some more gingerbread cookies and a gingerbread bundt cake for her to take to work.

Tis the season...to slave in the kitchen.

Yep, I read all about them. I'll be making mine like the original with yellow cake and chocolate icing. The icing is supposed to harden up the way I understand it. Recipe I saw said to boil the chocolate mix for 6 minutes and then throw a stick of butter in there and let it melt, but do not stir.

Tempering chocolate to make it do what you want is touchy feely business. I prefer to have a temperature goal that I can measure. Not to mention that I'll have to bake 3 layers at 3 different times to get 9 layers.

Before I do that though I have to make some more gingerbread cookies and a gingerbread bundt cake for her to take to work.

Ta da...... Bundt ta da Bundt ta da Bundt Bundt Bundt ta da Bundt ta da Bundt ta da ...

I like a good Bundt....

Good morning! All the links I had saved are now gone. I still have a favorites list that managed to evade the purge.

Listened to the Jones show this morning up until Andy was coming on to tell me about the tornado. I don't even want to hear his voice so I told Alexa to STOP.

Just got a phone call while typing. There is an emergency at the golf course I need to handle. They need another guy for a foursome and that is right in my wheelhouse.

Carry on...

Sergeant Preston ... to the rescue!

698413.jpg

Good morning D, read John 15.

Just got off the phone with Bert, he told me to tell yawl that he still doesn't have internet, but he told me to tell yawl also that when he gets back on you better beware, he's going to harass all of you!!!!!! He said that he misses you so much that he's starting to take two shots of whisky a day now!!!!

I want to tell you, yesterday I took a stained glass shield and 5 ornaments to my sister that I donated to the Kiwanis club in Owenboro for their auction they were having. She called me this morning and told me that those 6 pieces sold for $280!!! Made me feel good about my work that I do!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!! I will try to give yawl a warning before Bert gets back on here, but if I don't yawl are on your own!!!!!! He also said he has poor Uncle Ken hanging on his tree!!!! LOL!!!
Two shots of whiskey a day? Good to see him finally cutting back on that stuff

You are operating at a skill level well beyond my aspirations. And yes, the classic Smith Island cake is nine layers of yellow cake and chocolate icing. Damn terrific when done right.

It's a lost art from the 70's. Hard to find a good fondue anymore as well. Or a jello mold fruit salad. The things we used to eat.

I'll take the ingredients in any shape or form (As long as prepared to be food.)(had to throw that in...) Yeah, no one takes the time any longer. We don't eat a lot of sweets but my Darling puts on the feed bag for me regularly. I am truly thankful. Kings should eat like I eat regularly...

My Darling used to make a baked cheesecake to die for but I could not control the intake....sigh...no more cheesecake...

Today? Spicy pork with onions, green onions and other spices along with rice or lettuce wrap....

04023581-3503-4067-82-A5-88-AAFC999-DB2.jpg

We had this homemade pecan bundt cake at thanksgiving. excellent.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F, cloudy with patchy, dense fog. Humid. High topping out around 79°F. Colder temperatures coming late Friday evening when the next front blows in.

Signing day is upon us. Hopefully no negative news.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

vector-graphic-national-lemon-cupcake-day-good-national-lemon-cupcake-day-celebration-vector-graphic-national-lemon-203268642.jpg

Morning Legionnaires! Stand up, Look up, Say a little prayer. Take a friend to breakfast to show that you care.

76° on tap for today but the wind will be stronger than originally advertised. 25-35 with gust up to 50mph. Not going fishing today lest I "Catch a wave and I'm sitting on the top of the world".

Nothing more to report. Stay safe out there and God Bless.

Good morning Leaguers

I am on my second cup of coffee and about to make it my third. It is so good I just might drink the whole pot. That will give my kidney a good flushing out. But it is makes me alert and gives me the kick I need so drink up.

We have a pleasant 63° and skies will be mostly sunny as we head up to 78°. Our rain chances are 15% and in spite of climate change we should not have any snow or ice today.

Today is Early Signing Day for Football. I have a good feeling.

Take care all

Good morning D-League. I’m standing in line for a Double Hit - Covid booster and flu shot. My mother-in-law, who is overall delightful, is hyper-cautious about the pandemic and flat out asked my wife if we’d get boosted before Christmas Dinner, so here I am, and I figured I’d throw in the flu shot and get it over with.

It’s my son’s 22nd birthday today. What a memory - one of the three happiest days of my life along with my daughter’s births. I spent most of 1999 in Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia so I was still in that “happy to be home” frame of mind, then he came along, big and perfect - 10 pounds, eight ounces. Life is so good sometimes, and that was such a time.

I came across this picture I am sure I previously posted to show the extreme delicacy Koreans think is your average watermelon. (This picture was taken in about 2013 or 2014.)

I cannot help think that in short order this could be the coming result of this inflationary economy we have been dragged into due to ridiculous print and spend initiatives. No excuse at all for how this country's "elected" representatives are spending OUR money.

I read this morning that Ole fairfax county is beginning a FIVE cent tax on EACH grocery type "plastic" bag. When is the populace going to stop this lunacy??? AND the Lunatics!

(Edit)
Plastic bag tax
10582891_887490651264516_7555238755676711953_o.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT