ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Charlie Chaplin and Albert Einstein.... The gist of their conversation...

Einstein said to Chaplin: “What I most admire about your art, is your universality. You don’t say a word, yet the world understands you!”.

“It’s true”, replied Chaplin. “But your fame is even greater: the world admires you, when nobody understands what you say."

spxddxhss74ngqhc.jpg

My take, be who you are and strive to be your best....(Not that my take matters...)

Both were actors on their own stages

Howdy D-League.

Just checking in. Cold again in the east, but apparently not for long. Glad everyone got through the tragic weekend with no direct tragedies.

Back to work after a busy weekend. Luckily I was too wrapped up in family to watch any sports because the only outcome in football or basketball to my liking was Washington losing. Ah well. Move on to the next one.

I would that immigrants (Legal immigrants) had this zeal toward country...

Following WWII, hundreds of Jewish refugees and Holocaust survivors were welcomes to the United States to give them the chance of starting a new and better life after the horrors they had endured. Here, a group of refugees are arriving in New York City. They are all pressed against the rails so that they can get a better look at the Statue of Liberty.

boxkg5ikarab8kwe.jpg

There are still a LOT of legal immigrants that feel that way about the US. Don't know about the illegal ones. Those immigrants from Cali, IL, and NY that are infiltrating the rest of the US need to be stopped, however, before they destroy the country.

Good morning! Knocked out another 10 hours of snooze last night. Didn't see it coming.

Jones show going because...I don't know.

I was actually considering calling our insurance agent last week to check if we had earthquake coverage. Moved my expensive bourbon to lower shelves because I had some kind of irrational fear of an earthquake last week. Guess it wasn't so irrational.

Is it weird to have a 3.0 on the edge of a fault line and not have a follow up on down the line? I can't remember much about my earthquake studies from being out on the left coast in volcano country. Just remember the quakes themselves.
3.0 earthquakes are usually not even noticed by most people and they occur every day in the US. I lived in Cali for a couple of years on the coast in Pismo Beach and most days you could feel the ground move. I remember feeling the Coalinga earthquake, that was a 6.2. I've felt a couple of them over the years here in Kentucky.
Top pic looks photoshopped. Shadows don't match up between the objects in the photo. Maybe it isn't, but most likely it is.
I was going to post that last night but it was late. The shadow doesn't match and if you look close you can see the edge of her original picture.

Neither Edison nor Tesla invented the light bulb. Edison bought the patent from some other bright dude. Tesla wanted to use Edison's light bulb for a world fair and Edison said no. Tesla just modified the bulb from a screw type base to a base with nibs on it to hold it in place.

Had this discussion in the office one night a long time ago.

Contrary to popular belief, the light bulb wasn’t actually Edison’s invention. Light bulbs had already been invented before he was even born; what he did was buy the patent and improve the design so that light bulbs could be brought to the masses. The incandescent light bulb would be revolutionary, but only if Edison could solve one giant problem — bringing electricity to the homes of America. No matter how revolutionary his design improvements to the light bulbs were, no one can use a light bulb if there is no way to plug it in.

As we all know, or should know, Edison was in favor of DC power for the masses. Now that we can see how civilization progressed, DC for the masses was indeed a stupid idea since we would have had to have power plants on every other block. Tesla is the reason we live a life of ease with AC electricity.

Extra Extra, read all about it!

Go read about radio. Marconi is in there but there were other people involved as well, and Marconi was not the first person to build a radio transmitter and receiver.

Read about the steam engine. James Watt did not invent that either.

You're safe to read about the cotton gin. Eli Whitney did invent that.

Lots of things we were taught in school just are not true. I bet they still teach the same things.

Go read about radio. Marconi is in there but there were other people involved as well, and Marconi was not the first person to build a radio transmitter and receiver.

OK, but they knew how to do something productive with the idea that the inventor hadn't figured out.

Lots of things we were taught in school just are not true. I bet they still teach the same things.

3.0 earthquakes are usually not even noticed by most people and they occur every day in the US. I lived in Cali for a couple of years on the coast in Pismo Beach and most days you could feel the ground move. I remember feeling the Coalinga earthquake, that was a 6.2. I've felt a couple of them over the years here in Kentucky.

The ones I've felt were a good bit over 5.0. I lived near a quarry for 15 years. House shook all the time. I don't consider anything an actual earthquake until the bourbon bottles are ringing together.

We're not commenting on the same aspect of things, but I have read about those. We actually studied all of that, as I had really good teachers in my history classes. Textbooks were just the basis for a lesson plan back then, not the bible of history as they are today

Good afternoon D, read John 14

I need help from the MILITARY VETS. I have been ask to make a GOLD STAR for a GOLD STAR MOTHER, her son was in the ARMY. I DO NOT want to dishonor this MOTHER or SON in any way. What I am thinking is using black in the center, then make all the points a gold colored glass or do I make the entire star out of gold? Just need your opinion. Thanks D!

Found out last night that along with a chocolate meringue pie, my wife wants me to make a Smith's Island Cake. I just said OK and went about not doing whatever I wasn't doing at the time. Looked it up later and just said "what the hell".

I bake, but I am not a baker. I've painted 3 barns, 2 houses, and a tractor with a rattle can. No one ever suggested I was an artist. No one asked me to paint their portrait.

The ones that I just saw were solid gold. I'm having trouble posting pictures. Why can't I just copy and paste like I used to?
If you want to insert a photograph or picture, pull up the picture and right clink on it. Select copy image address, then go back to the thread reply and go to the top of the page and find the little box on the right. Click on it and you will see insert image . Right click and hit paste. For a link there is an icon for insert link. Copy and past a link.
As i was typing this I used the picture below as a SAMPLE

You will get the hang of it in no time. Easy as pie.

267775385_2134917983341313_8532266536639838249_n.jpg

If you want to insert a photograph or picture, pull up the picture and right clink on it. Select copy image address, then go back to the thread reply and go to the top of the page and find the little box on the right. Click on it and you will see insert image . Right click and hit paste. For a link there is an icon for insert link. Copy and past a link.

LOL, I've posted a bunch of pictures here. I posted one yesterday somehow. I used to able to copy image and then just hit paste in the reply box. That's not working. I've copied image, copied image link and who knows what else. No picture. Prolly some computer setting I have jacked up.

LOL, I've posted a bunch of pictures here. I posted one yesterday somehow. I used to able to copy image and then just hit paste in the reply box. That's not working. I've copied image, copied image link and who knows what else. No picture. Prolly some computer setting I have jacked up.
This may be a question for Austin. It is out of my league.

The simple start is to do the below:

5e3dd6b30ce3d14b26281512

if that doesn't work, let me know.

Edit: You could try using Chrome and see if that doesn't help too...
I started to do that but I thought there were other changes I've made that I would have to do all over again. I can't use Chrome for this and won't discuss why.

Thanks though. It worked earlier so maybe is a sequence I can still do.

I started to do that but I thought there were other changes I've made that I would have to do all over again. I can't use Chrome for this and won't discuss why.

Thanks though. It worked earlier so maybe is a sequence I can still do.

I hope it works out. Another area if that doesn't work may be any anti-virus you are using if any. You can also reset those settings to their default. (I have had that become an issue in the past when I played with those settings in another era. ;))

Found out last night that along with a chocolate meringue pie, my wife wants me to make a Smith's Island Cake. I just said OK and went about not doing whatever I wasn't doing at the time. Looked it up later and just said "what the hell".

I bake, but I am not a baker. I've painted 3 barns, 2 houses, and a tractor with a rattle can. No one ever suggested I was an artist. No one asked me to paint their portrait.
I would as long as you don't want me to pose nude.

I need help from the MILITARY VETS. I have been ask to make a GOLD STAR for a GOLD STAR MOTHER, her son was in the ARMY. I DO NOT want to dishonor this MOTHER or SON in any way. What I am thinking is using black in the center, then make all the points a gold colored glass or do I make the entire star out of gold? Just need your opinion. Thanks D!
There are several ways but the most popular is below which is also in my avatar but, there is nothing wrong with the second picture. Hope this helps, second would probably be easier to make.

OIP.EKU-KLKRNvjgOswWZgEAmgHaG7

OIP.JiSSwHdci7HdDDnsjZ1_TQHaHM

Form the entire star rather than just points out of gold.

Good morning

The local weather report shows a temperature of 63° and fog. We will reach 76° by midafternoon and have a 25% chance of rain.

I smell Purnell's Old Folks sausage frying which means today should be a good one. My wife has a little tweeking to do on the Christmas lights outside so I put that on my to do list. While I am out there I will take the hose and apply some lawn bug spray to keep down the noseeums. They are a pest.

I ordered some Maryland crab cakes for Christmas dinner appetizers. They do it as good as anybody. Take care all,

Single-Crab-Cake-705x705.jpg

Morning Legionnaires! Make your way to your locker and get dressed for PT. (all of you that do that sort of thing).

78° on tap for the day and 70's until Sat.

Honey do list on tap after training my two students this afternoon. Wife has me picking up a lot of pre-Christmas needs for her. Was going to go fishing afterwards but... tomorrow more of the same weather so I will go then probably. Winds are supposed to be up around 25-30mph which makes it a little more difficult.

@AustinTXCat: Bouillabaisse huh? Well, when I told my wife she says that is soup/stew. I said: "I know that, I watched Under Seige" She then looked at me and laughed.

The other day at karate class the owner of the building and an old softball buddy of mine complained about the little plastic end of his shoelace being missing. I said: "You mean the Aglet" He said: "What?" I said: "The Aglet, that is what they are called". He asked: "How do you know that?" I told him I saw it on an episode of Phineas and Ferb. He had no clue of what I was talking about so I told him it was a cartoon I used to watch with my daughter. Very informational cartoon.

Prayers for those who are suffering and safe wishes for those traveling about today.

May God Bless.

How do we post pictures from our computer or phone that aren't online somewhere?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT