ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Last night on the post game Matt was alluding to Stoops going to LSU. He's just mentioned it again and just said that things will move fast after the Louisville game. He claims that his source tells him lots of things about LSU.

As we discussed yesterday, I just can't see him leaving the best deal any coach has in America. Win 7 games and get another 5 million.

Yes he's still having problems. He's making the adjustment from Apple computers to Microsoft for one thing. His other problem was he couldn't sign in with his old name and information. It would only let him come back as a new member.

I'm going to call and walk him through but we'll need some assistance from Jerry or John to get him his old name and stats back. I told him that once we get on there we can set his default page to the D league so each time he turns on his computer it will start with the D. We can do that, right?
Yes, you should be able to set his home page as the D-League.

Last night on the post game Matt was alluding to Stoops going to LSU. He's just mentioned it again and just said that things will move fast after the Louisville game. He claims that his source tells him lots of things about LSU.

As we discussed yesterday, I just can't see him leaving the best deal any coach has in America. Win 7 games and get another 5 million.
If he goes to LSU, he'll be gone in 2 years max.

If he goes to LSU, he'll be gone in 2 years max.
He'll lose all the shiny pieces off what they have left if he goes there. Prolly have a lot of players want to come here for whoever we get.

I can't picture him going because I just can't rationalize it. Mark Stoops has the same chance to win a National Championship at Kentucky as he does at LSU. We're talking loonngg shot odds here at either place in the near future unless he can talk Saban into being an assistant. It might be a fun fantasy for him but what he has here is real and spectacular.

He'll lose all the shiny pieces off what they have left if he goes there. Prolly have a lot of players want to come here for whoever we get.

I can't picture him going because I just can't rationalize it. Mark Stoops has the same chance to win a National Championship at Kentucky as he does at LSU. We're talking loonngg shot odds here at either place in the near future unless he can talk Saban into being an assistant. It might be a fun fantasy for him but what he has here is real and spectacular.
Coaching in the SEC East would definitely be easier than the West.

I just don't buy what Jones is selling. Stoops will have to change his coaching philosophy. No more playing down to your opposition, no more trying to run out the clock at the start of the second half with a 17 point lead.

I still think this is all agent driven to get Stoops a better contract that he already has or a new training facility and $1 million minimum for each assistant.

I would think Dave Aranda has as good a resume as Stoops and is under consideration. LSU may be in competition with USC for him though. Kiffen and Lincoln Riley also have interest from LSU.

If I am wrong and Stoops bales and takes his crew out of Lexington it is going to be more difficult to replace him because so many premier jobs are open. USC, UF, LSU are just a few

Last edited:
Coaching in the SEC East would definitely be easier than the West.
Yet another reason it doesn't make any sense. See below.
I just don't buy what Jones is selling. Stoops will have to change his coaching philosophy. No more playing down to your opposition, no more trying to run out the clock at the start of the second half with a 17 point lead.

I still think this is all agent driven to get Stoops a better contract that he already has or a new training facility and $1 million minimum for each assistant.

I would think Dave Aranda has as good a resume as Stoops and is under consideration. LSU may be in competition with USC for though Kiffen and Lincoln Riley also have interest from LSU.

If I am wrong and Stoops bales and takes his crew out of Lexington it is going to be more difficult to replace him because so many premier jobs are open. USC, UF, LSU are just a few
I think you're right about agent angle. Matt also mentioned that last night in regards to the training facility. Evidently there are some bad feelings about that between Stoops and Barnhartt.

If they announce a new facility right after the Louisville game...we still won't know the whole story.

I had my annual physical today and the results were good. I am operating good on the one kidney and the doc was amazed at my recovery from spine surgery.

I thought it nice that the doctor was not wearing a mask and he is no fan of Fauci. The last time I saw him he said he may give up practicing medicine because of all of the red tape and government influence. He owns two cattle ranches so he is not in need of money. The one in Georgia has about 150 acres set aside for a hunt club. He makes as much from the hunt club as he does practicing medicine.

I requested he hang around until I am in the history books and finalized.

thanksgiving-funny.jpg

• Hello for the last 2 months. Computer trouble.​
  • Lola and I saw a fully grown doe. She did not like our looks and disappeared back into the woods​
  • Were oh where is Rooster? Hope he is not having health problems.​
  • Many thanks to all of those people that helped me get set up again. You know who you are.​

Welcome to the D, young fella. There's a bunch of old farts on here but I think you might like it.

• Lola and I saw a fully grown doe. She did not like our looks and disappeared back into the woods​
  • Many thanks to all of those people that helped me get set up again. You know who you are.​
Hello my friend.

You have been missed.

I am sorry that I took a lot of Bertfan and Austin's time. But they are my friends and I am very selfish of their time and I would not willingly give it up to you. :)

Good to have you back, after all this is your thread. The best thread in the business.

Wow, Don you were truly missed and welcome home. I am glad and know all of the D League is as well that you are back with us.

I would like to thank all of the folks who helped Don get back on track. We can all sleep better tonight knowing Don is back in town so to speak.

iu

Hey buddy! So glad to see you finally get back. Seems like it's been longer than it has been.

Speaking of has been...where has Ben been?

Wow, Don you were truly missed and welcome home. I am glad and know all of the D League is as well that you are back with us.

I would like to thank all of the folks who helped Don get back on track. We can all sleep better tonight knowing Don is back in town so to speak.

iu

If Don had just called one of his grand or great-grandkids over to look at his computer the first day, he would not have been off more than a day or so.

ab1e7a80f484aaee25b4ba6990e60128.jpg

Great to have you back good sir!

I find this hard to believe, Ripley's stuff:

"The heaviest turkey ever recorded was living large at 86 pounds for a stag named Tyson. The giant gobbler was reared by Philip Cook of Leacroft Turkeys Ltd, in Peterborough, United Kingdom, and won the “Heaviest Turkey” competition in London in 1989. It has held the record ever since."

Welcome back, Donfather. Planned on calling today if you still experienced trouble. Happy you're back.

Anyone here remember Cas Walker? He was a colorful character who had a chain of supermarkets in East Tennessee/SE Ky back in the day. He had a popular TV program on out of Knoxville and Dolly Parton got her start on his show. Here he tells how he is going to handle thieves that come to his stores. It's a riot.

We discussed Cas Walker again today. Apparently my ex-wife's grandma knew him from WAY back in the day. Her, her husband and my former brother in-law drove down from Shawanee to one of his Knoxville stores once a month or so just to visit him and shop there. She'd call him before her visit. Heh, Former bro in-law told me his grandma would say, "there's my old boyfriend".

Apparently, old Cas was still a popular write-in candidate for Knoxville mayor until the mid 2000s. Ha ha.

We discussed Cas Walker again today. Apparently my ex-wife's grandma knew him from WAY back in the day. Her, her husband and my former brother in-law drove down from Shawanee to one of his Knoxville stores once a month or so just to visit him and shop there. She'd call him before her visit. Heh, Former bro in-law told me his grandma would say, "there's my old boyfriend".

Apparently, old Cas was still a popular write-in candidate for Knoxville mayor until the mid 2000s. Ha ha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT