ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Supper or Dinner? I pissed a guy off here once when I ask what he was having for lunch. "We don't eat lunch here, it's called dinner" I said: "That's what I eat at night. He said that was wrong and that is called supper. Dinner is the midday meal. He really got mad at me for telling him that supper and dinner were one and the same.
Clumper
We took a lot of time for Dinner. My dad would also take a nap before going back out. He said he avoided the hottest time of the day.
Smart
Regardless of what you think of Stoops you have to, at the very least, think he hasn't lost his damn mind.
Sometimes I wonder.
  • Hello for the last 2 months. Computer trouble.​
  • Lola and I saw a fully grown doe. She did not like our looks and disappeared back into the woods​
  • Were oh where is Rooster? Hope he is not having health problems.​
  • Many thanks to all of those people that helped me get set up again. You know who you are.​
  1. Me 2, Aug thru- Sept, Built another but parts hard to find.
  2. Being on the menu, ungulates don't trust wolves or apes
  3. I'm fine but the world seems a bit disheveled.
  4. Choo! Choo!

4900.1286078409.jpg

• Hello for the last 2 months. Computer trouble.​
  • Lola and I saw a fully grown doe. She did not like our looks and disappeared back into the woods​
  • Were oh where is Rooster? Hope he is not having health problems.​
  • Many thanks to all of those people that helped me get set up again. You know who you are.​
Welcome back Don. Glad to see you're back.

Good Day Before Thanksgiving morning D-League.

"If I ever needed a cup of coffee before, I sure do need it now"

We have a crisp 42° with clear skies down here in Dixie Land. We will warm up to a blistering 69°. The skies will be sunny and humidity low. Not a bad day. I still have not turned on the heat in the house and it is a comfortable in the low 70's. We never turn it on before January and even then the house is insulated so good most afternoons we do not need it. With the cost of fuel around the country I am thankful.

A little bad news to report. Nancy Pelosi has bought a house ( a $25 million dollar mansion) in Jupiter and plans on retiring to Florida after she destroyed California. She bashes us on the House floor and then is ready to move down here. What a hypocrite.

She wants to retire in Florida to enjoy low taxes, mask free hair salons, and Republican freedom policies, while literally destroying all these good things for the American people.

What a way to mess up Thanksgiving.

FE2LJ6kXwAAryT3.jpg

Good Day Before Thanksgiving morning D-League.

"If I ever needed a cup of coffee before, I sure do need it now"

We have a crisp 42° with clear skies down here in Dixie Land. We will warm up to a blistering 69°. The skies will be sunny and humidity low. Not a bad day. I still have not turned on the heat in the house and it is a comfortable in the low 70's. We never turn it on before January and even then the house is insulated so good most afternoons we do not need it. With the cost of fuel around the country I am thankful.

A little bad news to report. Nancy Pelosi has bought a house ( a $25 million dollar mansion) in Jupiter and plans on retiring to Florida after she destroyed California. She bashes us on the House floor and then is ready to move down here. What a hypocrite.

She wants to retire in Florida to enjoy low taxes, mask free hair salons, and Republican freedom policies, while literally destroying all these good things for the American people.

What a way to mess up Thanksgiving.

FE2LJ6kXwAAryT3.jpg
With her mug you would think wearing mask would be something she would want to do forever.

Wake up Legionnaires! It's time to roll out of them racks and form up for chow!

Just had to do it folks. Nothing more except enjoy yourselves the next few days.
Everyone except me and the cats are still down for the count at this time and they are chasing each other around the place.

God Bless you all over this holiday and if you are traveling stay safe. The nation needs people like you D leaguers.

Wake up Legionnaires! It's time to roll out of them racks and form up for chow!

Just had to do it folks. Nothing more except enjoy yourselves the next few days.
Everyone except me and the cats are still down for the count at this time and they are chasing each other around the place.

God Bless you all over this holiday and if you are traveling stay safe. The nation needs people like you D leaguers.
It was a happy day until we found out Nancy Pelosi is moving down here to retire. I think when O.J. Simpson moved here from California he was more welcome than Nancy will be. What a hypocrite she is.

Jupiter is quite a distance from me so I guess I can be happy about that.

It was a happy day until we found out Nancy Pelosi is moving down here to retire. I think when O.J. Simpson moved here from California he was more welcome than Nancy will be. What a hypocrite she is.

I wish we could actually send her to Jupiter. Put her in some type of sleep module and wake her up after landing on Jupiter with just a day's supply of food and no make up with all of the inner walls mirrored. Heh, heh, heh, She would die of fright.

Last edited:
I wish we could actually send he to Jupiter. Put her in some type of sleep module and wake her up after landing on Jupiter with just a day's supply of food and no make up with all of the inner walls mirrored. Heh, heh, heh, She would die of fright.

She'll need to wear a mask in Florida. No way people down there will forgive the witch. I really can't imagine seeing her out in public gatherings.
I can imagine her cooking crabs in a cauldron and not the ones from the sea.

It is hilarious that Pelosi settles in a Red State after being the chief architect of turning her political district into what one writer has called San FranSicko. I guess she didn't want to pay extortionist state taxes, have to pick her way through platoons of homeless bums on the way to the nails clinic, and watch the unending waves of illegals encroach on her doorstep.

I hope the RNC makes a political ad out of that to run in closely contested House races - "Do you want to vote to keep as Speaker a woman who is fleeing her District for a state governed by Republicans, or vote to put the party in power that Nancy Pelosi wants running her adopted home?"

It is hilarious that Pelosi settles in a Red State after being the chief architect of turning her political district into what one writer has called San FranSicko. I guess she didn't want to pay extortionist state taxes, have to pick her way through platoons of homeless bums on the way to the nails clinic, and watch the unending waves of illegals encroach on her doorstep.

I hope the RNC makes a political ad out of that to run in closely contested House races - "Do you want to vote to keep as Speaker a woman who is fleeing her District for a state governed by Republicans, or vote to put the party in power that Nancy Pelosi wants running her adopted home?"
Ron DeSantis will have a field day with this news. How many times has Pelosi attacked him on the floor of the House. More than I care to count and yet here she is. The Trump boat parade will be so long she won't be able to see the Atlantic Ocean form sun up to sun down.

Good morning from Shawanee, TN. Currently 25°F and clear. No wind. Frost on my windshield. Warming to 53°F later today.

Just returned from Middlesboro. Visited a relative for about 30 minutes. Nice seeing him again. Stopped by Wendy's near Middlesboro Mall for take-out breakfast. $1 sausage or bacon biscuits are a good deal. Great coffee.

Plan on visiting granddaughter after while.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

il_340x270.3396822144_98sa.jpg

May all of you good people of the D-League have a good thanksgiving.

I will not be on much as the whole family, along with some others, will keep me busy.

I look forward to beating the crap out of North Florida in basketball and Louisville in football. I hope the Cats bring their A game.

I will not be on much as the whole family, along with some others, will keep me busy.

I look forward to beating the crap out of North Florida in basketball and Louisville in football. I hope the Cats bring their A game.
Great visiting with you and Sherry this past Saturday. Wishing y'all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Keep you busy? How hard could it be to say "Sherry get..." or "Sherry where..."? I assume you'll be into the 101 for Thanksgiving. I'll have a snort in your honor tomorrow. Love ya buddy, wish I could come down!
giphy.gif

2BVHEWGMZII6HOUABBJHLYZ5WY.jpg

Fear the Fowl!
Well ain't he just the cock of the walk?

Good morning D-League. It was 23 degrees on my walk today. Whew.

I hope you all will indulge me one quick photo from my trip home to Kentucky - my 90-year-old father Kenneth and my 8-month-old grandson Charlie in the living room of my childhood home.
Good Morning America has made a living by telling us stories much less interesting than yours! No offense to any others here because this is a group of people who have been places and done things, but your story just keeps getting deeper and deeper. I'm a fan dude!

When you are in a "combat zone", are you protected the same as medical personnel? I'm under the assumption that the rules protect medics.

In around 1970 or so, when I was living in Louisville next to Iroquois Park, we got a phone call at about 0100 from a neighbor telling us he had seen people in our garage. There was an alley between his house and ours. My father went out to check what was up and found someone had stacked up his tools and all manner of stuff next to the door.

He called the police and they told him the guys would be coming back to collect their loot and they were on their way. My father took a 22 rifle out to the garage and hid behind the car and waited. The guys came back and the guy across the way yelled at them before my dad could get a good shot.

By the time he got out from behind the car they were headed down the alley. He got a couple of shots on them from behind. Then the next few shots were as they were going up the next street.

The cops found the truck an hour or so later and came to see my father. There were 6 bullet holes in the truck. The cop asked my father if he had shot at the truck while he was shaking his head NO. My father said he did not shoot at the truck. The cop said good, but if you ever have to shoot at a truck use a shotgun because it can't be traced.

That cop was a good guy. My father acted stupidly, but I bet those guys didn't frequent our neighborhood after that.

Good Morning America has made a living by telling us stories much less interesting than yours! No offense to any others here because this is a group of people who have been places and done things, but your story just keeps getting deeper and deeper. I'm a fan dude!

When you are in a "combat zone", are you protected the same as medical personnel? I'm under the assumption that the rules protect medics.
That is not my question to answer, but I have two cents worth to pitch in. Incoming don't know who or what you are. The good, bad and ugly are the same.

Prologue: I don't usually tell that story because it portrays my father as a nut. But I just thought of something.

That dude from the movie Network who says he's "mad as hell and he's not going to take this anymore"

And Judge Roy Bean, the law west of the Pecos you know, who said "son, I'm not hanging you cause you stole that horse. I'm hanging you so that horses won't be stolen".

Dad was always a fighter and he was larger than life for me.

My wife and I have a tradition of splurging on our New Year's Eve meal. Usually king crab legs, lobster, caviar, champagne, etc.. Just a one-time a year thing. I started early this year trying to find the best deals. Colossal red king crab legs from our local fish monger has gone up from $45/lb. to $73/lb. !!! Evidently Alaska has cancelled the 2021-2022 season due to an unexplained low stock. First time that's happened in 25 years and next year doesn't look any better. I thought about dungeness or blue crab (love them both) but my wife loves king crabs. I've got time to convince her otherwise.

Thanks for those kind words Bert. Much appreciated. I'll try to answer your question without getting too in the weeds.

When we're embedded with the military in an official capacity, like Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom or Afghanistan, we're given a list of "battle rattle" and other gear required. Beyond that, I tried to dress in a way that I wouldn't look like a soldier to our troops but not stand out to any enemies (see first photo below - Tikrit, Iraq, March, 2003)

Beyond that, we were issued dog tags and a Pentagon ID giving us Geneva Convention protections if captured - in theory (see second photo below.) As we saw with Staff Sgt. Keith Maupin in Iraq and my journalist comrade Danny Pearl in Pakistan, that wasn't worth much. And if wounded or injured - i was banged up, concussed and broke a hand in an M-113 collision in Mosul - the Army medics took excellent care of us.

But being embedded was not nearly as dangerous as times we got to places like Somalia, Bosnia, Haiti, Rwanda or Afghanistan BEFORE any military, and essentially had to fend for ourselves in the middle of civil, tribal or clan wars. In those cases you had to trust your instincts and experience to stay as safe as possible. But you couldn't avoid traveling or meeting people and still do your job. Road ambushes and kidnappings were the big dangers, and I lost friends and colleagues to both of those.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT