ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Here is to James Paul:
248586907_4426573640791519_1752845883366480710_n.jpg

248406389_4426574740791409_1811979457871101344_n.jpg
The first names of my two best friends in High School. James Edward Moon and Paul Edward Fox.

Well D, a great big heart felt thanks to you all!!!!! You were the start of the toast and now there have been HUNDRES of toasts to JP!!!!! GOD bless you guys!!! My son called me tonight and broke down, he just said I was ok until I heard your voice! We talked for a while and he seemed better when I hung up with him, going to see him tomorrow!!! Good night D, love you guys and thanks again!!!!!

THE ATLANTA BRAVES ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! First time since 1999.

Yes!

If you're happy ATXC, I'm happy. I liked the Braves. I played pretty high up (What I thought was pretty high up.) Legion ball and beyond a bit. I just can't get back into sports like I was. Man the kneeling took it out of me. (I was a guy who knew ball players names and their wive's and kid's names. I was into the game.) Hurts that I can't. I tried... I hope it changes... Be Good

Morning Legionnaires!

Woke up at 0405 this morning. Weather going to be 85° or higher today with the next two days being about the same. The temp around here is generally a couple of degrees higher than predicted as we get to the day. Want my fall weather to come in. Love the cooler weather.

Was combing the internet for dental insurance for family this morning since wife will probably lose her job Dec 9th. We have dental through her company. The One thing I have seen so far is that all of these companies are vague on what is covered and the cost until you actually sign in to their web site. They just give the bare minimum info. I will have to do a lot of digging to find the one I want. Many I have realized at their lowest coverage have very low coverage as far as how much they pay as a percentage. The one we have now with her company covers normal procedures at 80% with other more complicated procedures at 50% and implants (will have a few done eventually) at 50%. Any suggestions? Most here probably don't have insurance through companies because of being retired so...

If you're happy ATXC, I'm happy. I liked the Braves. I played pretty high up (What I thought was pretty high up.) Legion ball and beyond a bit. I just can't get back into sports like I was. Man the kneeling took it out of me. (I was a guy who knew ball players names and their wive's and kid's names. I was into the game.) Hurts that I can't. I tried... I hope it changes... Be Good
Will Major League Baseball allow Atlanta to play in Atlanta or will they have to move the series to Colorado.

Good Sunday Morning

Waking up to a nice morning and a pleasant temperature of 68°. We have a 4% chance of rain and should get up to a nice 82°.

Yesterday I cleaned out sand from my sprinkler system that happened when we put in the new submersible pump. I have 10 zones in my yard and a total of 41 sprinkler heads. Getting down on my hands and knees did a number on me and I was one sore boy when I woke up this morning. It is going to take more than one pot of coffee this morning to loosen me up. I wish I could inject WD 40 in those joints. It sure does help my door jams around the house and garage. Speaking of WD40 on the can it says not for sale or use in California. Really? They probably ban Duck Tape out there too.

I am so thankful for the outpouring of love for our valued friend and poster Cord. My prayers continue for him and his beautiful family. The death of a young man causes a wound time will not erase but God will bring peace and comfort. But some things in life we as humans can not understand.

Read Mark Chapter 1

245470250_2091964687636643_7406558448423418892_n.jpg

I’m of the mindset, “God has a plan, then shit happens”. Can’t hold God responsible for everything that happens, then blame him for everything that does. He made Biden a possibility at birth. Never said he would cast his vote. Even God has his limitations.
I speak to some of my Christian friends who feel that God will never allow America to fall. I tell them God is NOT an American citizen and does not have an American flag draped on his throne.

America is going to fall and there is nothing we can do about. All you have to do is talk to the man on the street and you realize America's best days are far behind. America started falling shortly after WWII and it has accelerated over the past 50 years. I don't even waste my breath praying for America anymore. I just protect myself, my family and my friends.

Good morning! I was at 1 game of the World Series in Atlanta in 1999. Had gone to the UK vs UGA football game earlier that day in Athens. I was working in Valdosta at the time and both games were impromptu events. Had a Georgia Peach with me who turned out to be a lot of fun.

I'll have to say it was a good day!

I don't know what I'll end up doing today but I'd wager a little that I'm doing it right now.

I'll leave you with words from Clark Griswald - later dudes!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 71°F and cloudy. Today's high predicted at around 88°F.

Yeah, watched Braves close out Dodgers last night. They earned a spot in the World Series against Houston Astros. Love it. ATL been knocking on the door past four seasons. Fun fact: Current Astros manager Dusty Baker played 8 seasons for the Braves between 1968-1975. He was on-deck when Hank Aaron hit 715.

Also watched UK beat Hogs in volleyball 3-2 in another nail-biter last night. Go Cats!

Usual chores planned for this morning. Heading to Bill Miller's before my walk for some breakfast tacos.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Bologna-Day-dates.jpg

This would make a good 1000 pc puzzle.......I like to do puzzles instead of watching the TV.......
A few years ago my daughter gave us a puzzle of our neighborhood. I think it may have been a square mile with the house near the center. It was a fairly easy puzzle to solve because most of it was blue for the lake and green for the swamp. Or rather wildlife preserve as the young folks say.

Morning D-Leaguers. 63.5°F on the back porch and we are supposed to get to 79°. Therefore I may not have made a mistake of putting on shorts and short sleeved golf shirt this morning.

I sure enjoyed Penn State going down. Plus some of the high ranked teams simply can't be justified. The polling is the worst in years.

I've now read several stories about the Alec Baldwin incident. All blame is being deflected away from him and perhaps legally he bears no responsibility. I'll say this though, no one ever hands me a gun without me checking it to make sure myself it's unloaded.

Since I have watched every episode of Columbo, I feel qualified to say that I think a member of Local 44 may have slipped a live round into the gun after it was inspected by the Associate Director. The members of that union had walked off the set hours earlier due to safety concerns about prop firearms.

We'll see where the evidence takes us.

Congratulations to the Atlanta Braves.

My reason for rooting for them: The elimination of the Dodgers assures that the Big Red Machine teams of 75-76 will be the only National League team to win back-to-back in a century.

Last NL team other than the Reds to do it: 1921-22 New York Giants.

I was lucky enough to be a 14-19 year old in the Cincy market in the Machine years. Probably averaged 25 home games a year at Riverfront.

Greatest NL team of all time.

I've now read several stories about the Alec Baldwin incident. All blame is being deflected away from him and perhaps legally he bears no responsibility. I'll say this though, no one ever hands me a gun without me checking it to make sure myself it's unloaded.

Since I have watched every episode of Columbo, I feel qualified to say that I think a member of Local 44 may have slipped a live round into the gun after it was inspected by the Associate Director. The members of that union had walked off the set hours earlier due to safety concerns about prop firearms.

Alec Baldwin's new job:

#2 on this list is treat all firearms as loaded and deadly.

Morning Legionnaires!

Woke up at 0405 this morning. Weather going to be 85° or higher today with the next two days being about the same. The temp around here is generally a couple of degrees higher than predicted as we get to the day. Want my fall weather to come in. Love the cooler weather.

Was combing the internet for dental insurance for family this morning since wife will probably lose her job Dec 9th. We have dental through her company. The One thing I have seen so far is that all of these companies are vague on what is covered and the cost until you actually sign in to their web site. They just give the bare minimum info. I will have to do a lot of digging to find the one I want. Many I have realized at their lowest coverage have very low coverage as far as how much they pay as a percentage. The one we have now with her company covers normal procedures at 80% with other more complicated procedures at 50% and implants (will have a few done eventually) at 50%. Any suggestions? Most here probably don't have insurance through companies because of being retired so...

Many of the dental insurances require a two year waiting period before things like implants can be covered. They may have changed it but my Darling and I don't have dental insurance due to those waiting periods. We pay as we go on the dental. (Just us)

Congratulations to the Atlanta Braves.

My reason for rooting for them: The elimination of the Dodgers assures that the Big Red Machine teams of 75-76 will be the only National League team to win back-to-back in a century.

Last NL team other than the Reds to do it: 1921-22 New York Giants.

I was lucky enough to be a 14-19 year old in the Cincy market in the Machine years. Probably averaged 25 home games a year at Riverfront.

Greatest NL team of all time.

Yeah I was a serious Red's fan back then. I left the Red's when Marg Schott left. (I think 1999 or so.)(The Red's succumbed...)

#2 on this list is treat all firearms as loaded and deadly...
Number 2 should be number 1 and there wouldn't really be a need for the rest of it.

This is a western movie and I'm pretty sure they're using revolvers. It's not like he checked the clip and forgot about the shell in the chamber. If this was an honest mistake, then Baldwin bears just as much responsibility as the next guy. Is he such a bad shot that he followed protocol of aiming off to the side and still hit her? Or did he aim the gun right at her and pull the trigger?

Apparently this was a rehearsal and there shouldn't have even been a blank in the gun according to the rules of moviedom.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Many of the dental insurances require a two year waiting period before things like implants can be covered. They may have changed it but my Darling and I don't have dental insurance due to those waiting periods. We pay as we go on the dental. (Just us)
Yep, same here. The Railroad offered dental insurance but it paid for little. I still just pay and I go and it is arguably cheaper that way.

Number 2 should be number 1 and there wouldn't really be a need for the rest of it.

This is a western movie and I'm pretty sure they're using revolvers. It's not like he checked the clip and forgot about the shell in the chamber. If this was an honest mistake, then Baldwin bears just as much responsibility as the next guy. Is he such a bad shot that he followed protocol of aiming off to the side and still hit her? Or did he aim the gun right at her and pull the trigger?

Apparently this was a rehearsal and there shouldn't have even been a blank in the gun according to the rules of moviedom.

Nothing to see here, move along...
I saw a picture of what was said to be the weapon used. It was a revolver. The AEA article says the actor should be trained in the use of any firearm used in the movie and if training is not offered to demand it. BTW Baldwin was also the producer of the movie. I guess he would have had to demand of himself that someone train him.

I saw a picture of what was said to be the weapon used. It was a revolver. The AEA article says the actor should be trained in the use of any firearm used in the movie and if training is not offered to demand it. BTW Baldwin was also the producer of the movie. I guess he would have had to demand of himself that someone train him.
I am an old revolver man because I don't trust what I can't see. When I pick up my revolvers, all are single action, I rotate the cylinder to make sure I have all loaded as sometimes I will leave an empty chamber under the hammer.

I ain't very smart but I can tell instantly if my gun has a blank or a live round in it just by looking. Also I can tell by the weight.

Apparently Baldwin knows nuttin' about guns. Typical liberal gun hating sob.

He's been in enough movies where guns were involved to know better than to do what he did. There is a chain of fault here and he is the weakest link. He was her last chance between life and death and Alec Baldwin dropped the ball.

How are guns handled on a film set?​

Protocols are necessarily strict, says Delouche, comparing the double and triple checks with the way airplane safety systems operate.

"We treat blank weapons as if they were real weapons. In many cases, they are real weapons that have been modified," he explained.

"The weapons are kept in a safe. Once they are on the set, we organize the blank ammunition, which is marked and color-coded to differentiate it.

"First, we show the crew and actors that the gun is empty before loading it.

"When we put blanks in a gun we announce it, several times."

What happens when a gun needs to be fired?​

"We have very strict safety distances: you can't have someone less than 20 feet -- or about six meters -- in front of a weapon when it is fired.

"Even with blanks, there can be small debris that is projected. It's better to never aim at someone directly, so we work with the cinematographer to frame the shot and give the illusion that the person is in the line of fire.

"If we need to be closer we put up Plexiglas walls. We cover the operators and stagehands with fire blankets. They also have anti-noise helmets and safety glasses to protect against splinters."

How can accidents happen?​

It remains unclear what happened on the set of "Rust."

According to Delouche accidents are extremely rare, considering how many Hollywood productions feature characters wielding guns.

They can occur, however, if live ammunition is being used on set for some reason.

"But real ammunition has absolutely no place on a set because dummy bullets are also used and they could be confused," he said.

"A possibility is that a dummy bullet becomes separated from its casing and then enters the chamber of the gun.

"If a blank is put in behind that dummy, it effectively becomes a live round.

"This is what cost Brandon Lee his life (in 1993 on the set of "The Crow"). There was never a check by the prop maker, which would have prevented the accident."

"For an accident to happen, there is always a chain of errors that precede it."

Watching the Bengals play Ravens at their house and so far holding their own. Only problem is Ravens bring it every time on defense. Bengals D coach needs to figure that out. Burrows slightly off with accuracy because of being rushed every time. 3-3 in the second.

Sorry peoples, I didn't realize there was a 9 page thread about the shooting.
No problem. We could have 90 pages and I still would not understand how this could happen. Only a liberal who is probably afraid or at least with no knowledge of fire arms could do something like this.

How is it they had live rounds on the movie set. And what kind of training does this clown Baldwin have with firearms. Probably none. If he was ever in the military I am sure he was a BOLO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT