ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Morning, I will take it as my duty to serve as a modern day Boston Tea party participant and throw a few of the above items my way to keep others from paying taxes on them. I will seek, search, and destroy some of the above TODAY as you all are my witness(es)....
Thank you very much but sometimes a man has to carry his own burden..........I will have to shoulder the taxes on the above items on my own and..........come what may...........I have been looking at new belts anyway.....

I am getting a bunch as well. I just went and looked and there is more than one place you have to tell them not to send an email. Tricky lot they are.

That's the first thing I thought of.

I'll be there!
The Director and myself just set the alarm for 7 PM sharp Cord........we share your sorrow.............hopefully time will dull the pain.........

Can I ask a favor of the D? I know some of you like to take a drink ever once in a while, Tonight at about 7 would you make a toast to JP for me, I'm going too!!!!
I sure will Cord. My mother use to read this scripture to us when we got a little low and needed some reassurance. God will never fail you.

"I will sing of your strength;
I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
For you have been to me a fortress
and a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
for you, O God, are my fortress,

the God who shows me steadfast love." Ps.59:16-17

I sure will Cord. My mother use to read this scripture to us when we got a little low and needed some reassurance. God will never fail you.

"I will sing of your strength;
I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning.
For you have been to me a fortress
and a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength, I will sing praises to you,
for you, O God, are my fortress,

the God who shows me steadfast love." Ps.59:16-17
Thanks SC!!!

As I was enjoying the Alan Parson's song the Director informed me that she desired a stereo system.......we have a new turn table in the box still........I need to get what ever I need to complete a stereo........amplifier, receiver and speakers..........I can sit and discuss playing music for days.......when it comes to stereo equipment the knowledge that I have.........wouldn't blow a thimble off of my head if it was gunpowder........I have seen discusions on here that appear to be about stereo equipment but looks like mostly a foreign language to me............will $1K buy me a nice set up or do I need to dig another jar up.......also........................................................................................I NEED HELP! Can someone give me some recommendations on what to buy...........willing to buy lunch to discuss if you are in the Louisville area........
If all you're wanting to do is put together a system for playing vinyl/cds then a stereo receiver and a good set of speakers is all you need. Stereo receivers are getting tougher to find because most are A/V. Not a bad choice if you plan on adding a home theater down the road. Also, the receiver will need a phono input because you'll have to buy a separate phono amp if it doesn't. A high quality vintage receiver from Pioneer or Marantz would be an excellent choice. They were made for audio and the phono stage is much better than cheap receivers made today. Magnetic Tape in Louisville would be a great place to look. I haven't been there since they've moved to their new location (Bertfan has) but they used to have a really good selection.

Another option is to go the separates route (amp plus preamp) or buy an integrated amp (amp and preamp in one unit). Both can be really expensive. A receiver has an amp, preamp and AM/FM tuner all in one package.

I'd put more emphasis on getting a good pair of speakers, preferable floorstanding as opposed to bookshelf. It depends on how much room you have. Speakers will make the greatest impact on sound.

If you're planning on playing digital music from a computer, laptop, etc. then I would highly recommend a digital to analog converter (DAC). A CD player can also be connected to the same DAC and you'd get better sound out of your CDs.

1 grand will buy you a fabulous stereo depending on what you want now and in the future. Outlaw Audio has an outstanding stereo receiver that is future proof but it costs $1,000 by itself. Personally, I think the vintage route is the way to go.

I have the Alan Parsons music library........I was quite the fan back in...........well a long time ago.....he was with Pink Floyd before he started recording his own music....I think he was a producer or sound manager.........I haven't had enough coffee for all of my memory banks to be awake yet......The Raven......great music......
I still have AP's Tales Of Mystery And Imagination album. I bought it the week it came out probably for $3.99. It seems all new releases back then were $3.99. Most likely purchased at Newberry's, Ayr-Way or Karma Records.

If all you're wanting to do is put together a system for playing vinyl/cds then a stereo receiver and a good set of speakers is all you need. Stereo receivers are getting tougher to find because most are A/V. Not a bad choice if you plan on adding a home theater down the road. Also, the receiver will need a phono input because you'll have to buy a separate phono amp if it doesn't. A high quality vintage receiver from Pioneer or Marantz would be an excellent choice. They were made for audio and the phono stage is much better than cheap receivers made today. Magnetic Tape in Louisville would be a great place to look. I haven't been there since they've moved to their new location (Bertfan has) but they used to have a really good selection.

Another option is to go the separates route (amp plus preamp) or buy an integrated amp (amp and preamp in one unit). Both can be really expensive. A receiver has an amp, preamp and AM/FM tuner all in one package.

I'd put more emphasis on getting a good pair of speakers, preferable floorstanding as opposed to bookshelf. It depends on how much room you have. Speakers will make the greatest impact on sound.

If you're planning on playing digital music from a computer, laptop, etc. then I would highly recommend a digital to analog converter (DAC). A CD player can also be connected to the same DAC and you'd get better sound out of your CDs.

1 grand will buy you a fabulous stereo depending on what you want now and in the future. Outlaw Audio has an outstanding stereo receiver that is future proof but it costs $1,000 by itself. Personally, I think the vintage route is the way to go.
To follow-up. Here's the speakers I'd suggest. Wilson Audio's WAMM Master Chronosonic. $700,000/pr.

https://cdn.hiconsumption.com/wp-co...io-WAMM-Master-Chronosonic-Speaker-0-Hero.jpg

I NEED HELP! Can someone give me some recommendations on what to buy
82 is right. Speakers!Speakers!Speakers! SVS subs are a hoot

owl_headbop.gif

Found out that JP's favorite song was Copperhead road, it's always been mine ever sense it came out!!!

Didn't watch the game last night, it will probably be on again.

Making some chicken stock this morning while Mrs. M is baby setting the grandsons this morning at their house.

Feels like I am moving in slow motion!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!
Blue White game on Youtube
Can I ask a favor of the D? I know some of you like to take a drink ever once in a while, Tonight at about 7 would you make a toast to JP for me, I'm going too!!!!
I'm in. Just 1 though I ain't playing around.

oldgrandad.jpg

I still have AP's Tales Of Mystery And Imagination album. I bought it the week it came out probably for $3.99. It seems all new releases back then were $3.99. Most likely purchased at Newberry's, Ayr-Way or Karma Records.
Once cassette tapes came out I would tape the album the first time it was on the turn table.......put it back in the cover.......and never play it again......I have a bunch of albums that were only played once......I guess we have decided to play them..........The Director was in electronics school when we first met.......she is going to put together a 5 channel color organ to connect the Christmas tree with the stereo.......she made a three channel color organ that we used for several years.........we like to see the lights blink to the music...........we almost always have music on around here.............we have a Bose wireless system.......she ran across the boxes of LP's a few days ago while cleaning...........and now we are on the quest for a stereo........

Maybe. Ware looked a lot better last night, quicker and stronger. Collins is thin but very athletic and showed a shooter’s touch.

Are the Cats thinner at the 5 than the Final Four team of 2011 that had Jorts backed only by Eloy Vargas? Or even the 2012 champs who only had Vargas behind AD?

I hope Oscar has AD’s flair for avoiding fouls and we don’t need to find out often.
I was impressed with ware but, I am worried about strength. We will see vs Duke for sure. Scrimmage games while fun to watch are not as intense and tough as the real thing.

Watching Cincy play Navy and if that's the number 2 team next week, then it's all fake. I'm looking at their defensive line and our offensive guys would dwarf them.
I am watching Wake Forest vs Army and it is 56-42 Wake. If not for the 2 interceptions Army threw (not a passing team) it is probably an even game. Wake's receivers just too fast for Army's defense. They have only been stopped once the whole game. Army's running game has kept them in it. We would eat WF up.

Once cassette tapes came out I would tape the album the first time it was on the turn table.......put it back in the cover.......and never play it again......I have a bunch of albums that were only played once......I guess we have decided to play them..........The Director was in electronics school when we first met.......she is going to put together a 5 channel color organ to connect the Christmas tree with the stereo.......she made a three channel color organ that we used for several years.........we like to see the lights blink to the music...........we almost always have music on around here.............we have a Bose wireless system.......she ran across the boxes of LP's a few days ago while cleaning...........and now we are on the quest for a stereo........
Trust your ears. Design a surround for a music stage and the movies will be fine in your surround as that's a center and sub focus on the visual. Show the Director the SVS site for ideas. That's what I did anyway. My "Social" director needed one for her movies. Now there's melodic hump in the thump for anything from pipe organs to canon thunder.

Trust your ears. Design a surround for a music stage and the movies will be fine in your surround as that's a center and sub focus on the visual. Show the Director the SVS site for ideas. That's what I did anyway. My "Social" director needed one for her movies. Now there's melodic hump in the thump for anything from pipe organs to canon thunder.
I’m jealous of you guys with good hearing, until Dickie V is on.

I did the same thing.

You are sick awf; you did what I did.

You are sick. :)

I talked to a guy at SVS about using their Prime Elevation speakers for an Atmos set-up. He was very helpful and said the speakers could work but my basement ceiling has 2 levels due to ductwork. Flat works best plus the walls aren't at an optimal height. The best scenario for height speakers are in-ceiling mounts but it would be nearly impossible to fish speaker wire without doing some serious damage. Running exposed wire across the ceiling and down the walls would look like s--t. Dolby enabled Atmos speakers that point up at the ceiling and bounce the sound down are probably a gimmick from what I've read plus I don't want my theater to look like Stonehenge. Even though my A/V processor supports up to 11 channels I'd still have to buy another amp to power the extra speakers. $$$$$$. Oh well. This technology will have to wait.

Last edited:
I did the same thing.

You are sick awf; you did what I did.

You are sick. :)
Thank you...........I am sick and I don't want help.......OC........on the other end of that.........I have 45 rpm records that I about wore out learning to play music when I was a kid......I found a Columbia Record Club record player in the trash ............I got a lot of mileage out of that and my Roses guitar........had to put a new needle on it about every two to three weeks..... a needle for it was $.69 at Shively Records......

Thank you...........I am sick and I don't want help.......OC........on the other end of that.........I have 45 rpm records that I about wore out learning to play music when I was a kid......I found a Columbia Record Club record player in the trash ............I got a lot of mileage out of that and my Roses guitar........had to put a new needle on it about every two to three weeks..... a needle for it was $.69 at Shively Records......
“Every night I run a needle through walking the floor”. Miss the Voice.

Now you’ve just pissed him off. Ohio??
Woops........I probably mixed him up with someone else.......sorry if I offended anyone......for penance I will have several shots......it looks like the house is serving Eagle Rare tonight............I will say an "I am Sorry" with each shot.........I will report in the morning on how many I'm Sorry's I was able to offer up........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT