ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Touchdown Kentucky.

giphy.gif

Dang, I ain't smart enough to read half of the stuff in it, much less pronounce it.

You are trying to hurt my feelings!
I a m with you Bert.......I will stick to my ground peppers that I dehydrated.............for a side note.......I worked a bunch of years for a guy that was married to one of the Bloemer Chili daughters.....whose name was Chili....the Bloemers were part of the Delmonico clan..............

If the Cats made that damn extra point it would have been the most points put up against the Dawgs all year.
I didn't take that too well considering they had already blocked a field goal. We did get in the end zone twice though. No one else has.

I have no idea where we'll be ranked now but if it's lower than 15 it will be more bogus than that first down they gifted Georgia.

Good morning D League.

Kept going over the game in my mind last night while pretending to watch The Shining with my wife (her favorite Halloween movie.)

Georgia is the superior team and deserved to win. But it aggravates me that the play that decisively changed the momentum, gave the Bulldogs their first score and set the tone was that “forward fumble” that the Kentucky kid (and one other) avoided like it was a live grenade.

Ah well. Florida and Tennessee lost and that’s decent consolation.

Hope all is well with you all.

Good morning D-League.

It got down to 57° last night as a little cool spell came from somewhere. But the sun is up now and by mid afternoon we will reach 76°. That is around our normal average for the year. The yearly average temperature is 72 degrees. So all in all a nice day is in store, weather wise.

OK, let's put Georgia behind us and give them credit for putting one on us. They were bigger, faster and more gifted than our players. They select from the Top 10 high school players and we get the best we can get. We have a few that could play for Georgia but not enough to beat them. But their day is coming.

Now let's focus on the next game up. Take Care Of Business and get the W and then get rid for the next team. If the Cats play to their potential they can finish 11-1. That my friend is a great season, i don't care who you are.

I am in the mood for a good sermon on this Sunday and I hear church bells ringing in my head. I trust all have a great day. Keep the Faith and let's finish off Mississippi State in a couple of weeks.

Somewhere off of the California coast is somebody's wife and children's Christmas present. It is in a box, stranded and silent. I hope it gets to them before Easter.

245114931_397833542003518_8445683395991391637_n.jpg

Good morning!

I told a friend on Friday that we would have to outplay Georgia by a wide enough margin that the refs couldn't take it away from us. The SEC was not going to let lowly Kentucky go down there and knock off the number 1 team in the country, especially since Bama lost the week before.

Sports are crooked across the board from high schools through the pros. How do you know this bertfan? Because HUMANS are involved, that's how. Anyone who believes that ONE referee in the NBA is the only ref to bet on the outcome of a game they are working, deserves to lose their money.

Even the announcers were favoring Georgia.

Not saying we were robbed of the game. Nope. Just saying a few calls went the wrong way at the wrong time. Not picking up the fumbled ball is a boneheaded decision that deserves to be ridiculed, but what if he HAD picked up the ball? No doubt in my mind it would have been ruled an incomplete pass and they would have still retained possession.

We didn't play well enough to win the game against a team that is bigger, stronger, faster, and more -disciplined. Can't deny that. But I have to believe if we would have taken a 17-14 lead into the 4th quarter we would have seen some screwy things happen to get the game where it needed to be.

Let's win out and see what happens.

Good morning!

I told a friend on Friday that we would have to outplay Georgia by a wide enough margin that the refs couldn't take it away from us. The SEC was not going to let lowly Kentucky go down there and knock off the number 1 team in the country, especially since Bama lost the week before.

Sports are crooked across the board from high schools through the pros. How do you know this bertfan? Because HUMANS are involved, that's how. Anyone who believes that ONE referee in the NBA is the only ref to bet on the outcome of a game they are working, deserves to lose their money.

Even the announcers were favoring Georgia.

Not saying we were robbed of the game. Nope. Just saying a few calls went the wrong way at the wrong time. Not picking up the fumbled ball is a boneheaded decision that deserves to be ridiculed, but what if he HAD picked up the ball? No doubt in my mind it would have been ruled an incomplete pass and they would have still retained possession.

We didn't play well enough to win the game against a team that is bigger, stronger, faster, and more -disciplined. Can't deny that. But I have to believe if we would have taken a 17-14 lead into the 4th quarter we would have seen some screwy things happen to get the game where it needed to be.

Let's win out and see what happens.
There is no doubt, and history has shown this over the years, you have to beat the referees to knock off a Georgia or Alabama or any top tier SEC program to come out a winner. That is a given. The SEC wants one of its favorite teams to go unblemished into the playoffs. Georgia is the team this year now that Bama went down.

Mark Stoops did something in the game that made me very very proud. He called a timeout with only seconds left in the game to try to score. I cheered when he did that. I know the sports writers and the sports world thought that was low class since the game was won by the Dawgs. But was it? Our Cats are trying to improve and one way you improve is to play the complete game. The world had us about 23 points underdogs so why wouldn't a team try to beat those odds when only a few yards from the goal line. So props to you Coach Stoops and I hope that one act caused millions of people betting on the game a ton of money. Fight until the bitter end.

Good morning, D-L!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Disappointed we didn't play better last night, but glad we had that long drive at the end. Wish we'd have done that from the first drive. Things would've been much different. Maybe next year in Lexington!

May God bless and keep safe & healthy all of those in the D-L that love Him!

Good morning D-League.

It got down to 57° last night as a little cool spell came from somewhere. But the sun is up now and by mid afternoon we will reach 76°. That is around our normal average for the year. The yearly average temperature is 72 degrees. So all in all a nice day is in store, weather wise.

OK, let's put Georgia behind us and give them credit for putting one on us. They were bigger, faster and more gifted than our players. They select from the Top 10 high school players and we get the best we can get. We have a few that could play for Georgia but not enough to beat them. But their day is coming.

Well said

Now let's focus on the next game up. Take Care Of Business and get the W and then get rid for the next team. If the Cats play to their potential they can finish 11-1. That my friend is a great season, i don't care who you are.

YES SIR! Right there with you!

I am in the mood for a good sermon on this Sunday and I hear church bells ringing in my head. I trust all have a great day. Keep the Faith and let's finish off Mississippi State in a couple of weeks.

Nothing better than a good teaching from His Word to get your head and heart right again, and ready for the fight ahead!

Somewhere off of the California coast is somebody's wife and children's Christmas present. It is in a box, stranded and silent. I hope it gets to them before Easter.

245114931_397833542003518_8445683395991391637_n.jpg

Waiting for word from China to unload those containers and take over Cali. That parcel is way past due. The party bought and paid for that state decades ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT