ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

So UK is going to require masks in Rupp Arena during basketball games.

What a dumb stupid university I graduated from. I am about ready to send back my diploma because I sure don't need it anymore and it is an embarrassment to tell people I graduated from WOKE UK.

Get a life Kentucky. Let's start living and letting live. Wear one if you like but don't make it mandatory

Good morning! Knocked out 12 hours of sleep last night and only had one wake up. One wake up is all you need if you've done the proper planning.

Got a phone call from @_Rooster yesterday. Didn't get to talk as long as I would have liked to because when I talk to Rooster, I learn things. I like to learn.

@UK82 Rooster tried to call you but the number didn't work. Call him if you have his number still.

No golf for me until next Tuesday. Might watch some on tv but I'm making no guarantees.

I'll probably watch the boys tonight but like 82 said, I miss Midnight Madness. Or maybe I just miss the times.

Stay dry out there today!

Just saw where Sulu is taking pot shots at Captain Kirk for going into space. Called him "self centered". I bet Kirk has never sought out an opportunity to tell the world what he thinks of Sulu.

After this reply to hearing the news, I would think Sulu might want to keep Kirk out of his mouth. Probably not though.

Upon hearing George's take, the newly-minted astronaut said, "There's a psychosis there … There must be something else inside George that is festering, and it makes him unhappy that he takes it out on me … Why would he go out of his way to denigrate me? It's sad, I feel nothing but pity for him."

Just saw where Sulu is taking pot shots at Captain Kirk for going into space. Called him "self centered". I bet Kirk has never sought out an opportunity to tell the world what he thinks of Sulu.

After this reply to hearing the news, I would think Sulu might want to keep Kirk out of his mouth. Probably not though.

Upon hearing George's take, the newly-minted astronaut said, "There's a psychosis there … There must be something else inside George that is festering, and it makes him unhappy that he takes it out on me … Why would he go out of his way to denigrate me? It's sad, I feel nothing but pity for him."

May be how he got where he was and is though... Just saying...

Sulu (George Takei) has made a post-Star Trek career, especially in the blogging era, of being a professional victim:
1. He's a victim as an Asian in America.
2. He was victimized and marginalized in Hollywood because he is gay.
3. He was a victim as a kid in the WW2 era because he is Japanese-American and in the post-Pearl Harbor days his family wasn't treated as American.
4. Somehow, Shatner made him a victim by hogging the limelight from Star Trek.

For a victim, this country did alright by him. He's got a net worth of $14 million, according to Wikipedia. He got to be on television in a hit show, and make personal appearances for 50 years off a Sci-Fi character who was the fifth or sixth most important member of the cast. Some victim.

George...just shut up...
iu

Sulu (George Takei) has made a post-Star Trek career, especially in the blogging era, of being a professional victim:
3. He was a victim as a kid in the WW2 era because he is Japanese-American and in the post-Pearl Harbor days his family wasn't treated as American.

For a victim, this country did alright by him. He's got a net worth of $14 million, according to Wikipedia. He got to be on television in a hit show, and make personal appearances for 50 years off a Sci-Fi character who was the fifth or sixth most important member of the cast. Some victim.

Ha, I made my comment before I knew he was gay.... Can't call me a homophobe.

Well I just came inside to take a break and drink some ice tea. That sun today will take the vinegar out of you. I have been working in the yard and sweating like a man needs to sweat.

I poured my tea and a buddy called and said he want to borrow some Boston Blackie DVD's from me. At one point in my life Boston Blackie was my favorite TV show. And that was before daddy bought a TV.

Last edited:
You were lucky lol. My wife was in labor for about 36 hours with my son. When it came time for my daughter, I was expecting the same, so I laid down to sleep while the nurses kept watch ( we had a room with 2 beds). Suddenly, a nurse awakened me and said “you better get up if you wanna see your daughter born”! I barely made it in time. She came out like a bullet. I felt so embarrassed, but thankful I got to see her born. Nothing like it.

The first birth I watched was in a movie being shown at a drive-in theater in Middlesboro. It was advertised as the real deal (ie, for educational purposes) and, for the first time, we would get to see a woman's vagina (a real mystery to most of us). It was eerily quiet, as if we were all in shock, when the baby popped out. When the afterbirth came out, someone shouted at the top of their lungs, "It's chow time!"

May be how he got where he was and is though... Just saying...
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Well I just came inside to take a break and drink some ice tea. That sun today will take the vinegar out of you. I have been working in the yard and sweating like a man needs to sweat.

I poured my tea and a buddy called and said he want to borrow some Boston Blackie DVD's from me. At one point in my life Boston Blackie was my favorite TV show. And that was before daddy bought a TV.
Do you have any Ricky Ricardo jackets, or autographed pictures of Andy Devine?

Good Friday Morning

Big weekend ahead in Athens, GA. I feel good. Powerful teams have been upset in the past so why not now, Kentucky. Why not now.

It is 68° with scattered clouds on the Gulf Coast. . This afternoon will see a high of 85° I was up early to see my cousins off to Ohio. They flew down last night to pick up some guns and ammo and will drive back today It should take about 14 hours to get back to Ohio. It was a quick fun trip for them.

Since they are not on the coast we decided to go over to the beach and check out the sunset. I took this picture as the sun went down over a small mangrove island off shore. We saw quite a few manatees and two dolphins close to shore. The manatees will be getting more and more plentiful as the Gulf waters cool down. This is an area of great concentration in the winter for manatees. The ripple in the foreground of the photo was a manatee that had come up for air.

We had a real nice meal last night and got up early to cook a mess of sausage, biscuits and fruit to get them on their way. We love to have family come down. Especially if they live way up North. They really enjoy the difference between the Midwest and Gulf Coast.

We will have a good day in store as we wait on the sun to come up. Take care all. Matthew 23

245917016_1790079538047796_4248841736350149978_n.jpg

What town do you live in?

So UK is going to require masks in Rupp Arena during basketball games.

What a dumb stupid university I graduated from. I am about ready to send back my diploma because I sure don't need it anymore and it is an embarrassment to tell people I graduated from WOKE UK.

Get a life Kentucky. Let's start living and letting live. Wear one if you like but don't make it mandatory

Masks should not be required at riots or athletic events.

*Not once in my life has anyone ever asked for proof that I have a HS diploma, a bachelors degree nor asked about my GPA.

Last edited:
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Do you have any Ricky Ricardo jackets, or autographed pictures of Andy Devine?
Will an autographed baseball of Mickey Mantle suffice?

I did see Ricky in person in Miami in the late 1950's when he was still hooked up with Lucy and Andy "Jingles" was a favorite of mine when he played the side kick of Wild Bill. I also liked Andy when he supported Barry Goldwater in the 1964 presidential race.

Last edited:
Evening closeout song at Deggars,
The first birth I watched was in a movie being shown at a drive-in theater in Middlesboro. It was advertised as the real deal (ie, for educational purposes) and, for the first time, we would get to see a woman's vagina (a real mystery to most of us). It was eerily quiet, as if we were all in shock, when the baby popped out. When the afterbirth came out, someone shouted at the top of their lungs, "It's chow time!"
[laughing]

Are you talking about the old Rosa Drive-in up 25E? One can only imagine.

What town do you live in?
I don't live in a town per se, but I live just down from Chassahowitzk Wildlife Management area and close to "The City of Mermaids" Weekl Wachee. As of the 2010 census, the "former city" had a total population of 12. I live next to the 12,000-acre Weeki Wachee Preserve.

Weeki Wachee is a "former city". Last year it lost it's cityhood because with only 12 people it couldn't run a government so they disbanded the town. That is what they said but I think the real reason was those old swamp dwellers did not want to pay any property taxes. So they took away their little town Nobody was unhappy about that, least not the swamp folks.

Weeki Wachee Springs are hiring mermaids if you know anyone interested. Now you have to be female because they have not been WOKE yet. No funny business but you can swim with the sea cows or as the young folks call them, "manatees"

10615253273_025dc1daf4_k.jpg

Topnotch. Thanks.

Evening closeout song at Deggars,

[laughing]

Are you talking about the old Rosa Drive-in up 25E? One can only imagine.

Yup. I probably made my way in in the trunk of a car.

We are talking about 60 years ago. I seem to remember another drive-in that was on the west side of 25E just barely outside of town. But I can find no information about it. Were the Reda and Rosa drive-ins the same one but just changed names?

I don't live in a town per se, but I live just down from Chassahowitzk Wildlife Management area and close to "The City of Mermaids" Weekl Wachee. As of the 2010 census, the "former city" had a total population of 12. I live next to the 12,000-acre Weeki Wachee Preserve.

Weeki Wachee is a "former city". Last year it lost it's cityhood because with only 12 people it couldn't run a government so they disbanded the town. That is what they said but I think the real reason was those old swamp dwellers did not want to pay any property taxes. So they took away their little town Nobody was unhappy about that, least not the swamp folks.

Weeki Wachee Springs are hiring mermaids if you know anyone interested. Now you have to be female because they have not been WOKE yet. No funny business but you can swim with the sea cows or as the young folks call them, "manatees"

10615253273_025dc1daf4_k.jpg

A population of 12? You possibly could have been elected mayor. We in the D know that ANYONE can get elected as a mayor.

Yup. I probably made my way in in the trunk of a car.

We are talking about 60 years ago. I seem to remember another drive-in that was on the west side of 25E just barely outside of town. But I can find no information about it. Were the Reda and Rosa drive-ins the same one but just changed names?
I believe Reda closed back during the 50s. Heard of drive-in, but never visited. It sat on the left side of US 25E as someone said. Rosa was located on the right side of US 25E where the Pilot gas station now sits and closed during early 80s.

I believe Reda closed back during the 50s. Heard of drive-in, but never visited. It sat on the left side of US 25E as someone said. Rosa was located on the right side of US 25E where the Pilot gas station now sits and closed during early 80s.

I'm pretty sure I saw that movie at the Reda then.

I took my new girlfriend on an early first date to the Rosa. I remember I couldn't get to first base. You old guys know what this means.

Last edited:
Will an autographed baseball of Mickey Mantle suffice?

I did see Ricky in person in Miami in the late 1950's when he was still hooked up with Lucy and Andy "Jingles" was a favorite of mine when he played the side kick of Wild Bill. I also liked Andy when he supported Barry Goldwater in the 1964 presidential race.
I was making a reference to a Jimmy Buffett song,,"pencil thin mustache".

Got a pot o chili going. First of the season but definitely one of many to come. While I was at the store I decided to get the fixins to make some salsa as well. Got that in the fridge chillin for madness.

I was making a reference to a Jimmy Buffett song,,"pencil thin mustache".

Got a pot o chili going. First of the season but definitely one of many to come. While I was at the store I decided to get the fixins to make some salsa as well. Got that in the fridge chillin for madness.
Wife is off work today, and me too since the weather is questionable for me. But she is making pork roast for supper. She said leftovers were for me to make a pot of soup for the weekend. It’s that time of year. I can handle that.

Good morning! Knocked out 12 hours of sleep last night and only had one wake up. One wake up is all you need if you've done the proper planning.

Got a phone call from @_Rooster yesterday. Didn't get to talk as long as I would have liked to because when I talk to Rooster, I learn things. I like to learn.

@UK82 Rooster tried to call you but the number didn't work. Call him if you have his number still.

No golf for me until next Tuesday. Might watch some on tv but I'm making no guarantees.

I'll probably watch the boys tonight but like 82 said, I miss Midnight Madness. Or maybe I just miss the times.

Stay dry out there today!
Unfortunately I don't have Rooster's # either. Not sure why my number didn't work. Rooster must have typed it in wrong because he was pretty drunk at the time. JUST KIDDING ROOSTER! It was an alcohol free lunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT