ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My wife and I visited Petra in 2011. It was one of the most fabulous trips of our lifetime. It was amazing to look at the carvings in those mountains and to see the "dwellings" carved out half way up a mountain of rock. Oh and the camel ride was nice too.

I would recommend you go if you have he opportunity.
I echo that Sawnee. Thanks for posting that shot, 41102. I got to Petra in 1990 and in 1992. In the fall of 1990, Saddam's invasion of Kuwait had nearly wiped out tourism to Jordan, so I got to roam around without much of a crowd. Here's a head-on shot of the main temple I took with my little 'happy snap' camera. The camels in front are the ones that give the rides Sawnee mentioned, as I recall.

We actually rode horses through the narrow ravine with towering rock walls that twist and turn until you get to the entrance of the temple complex.

I echo that Sawnee. Thanks for posting that shot, 41102. I got to Petra in 1990 and in 1992. In the fall of 1990, Saddam's invasion of Kuwait had nearly wiped out tourism to Jordan, so I got to roam around without much of a crowd. Here's a head-on shot of the main temple I took with my little 'happy snap' camera. The camels in front are the ones that give the rides Sawnee mentioned, as I recall.

We actually rode horses through the narrow ravine with towering rock walls that twist and turn until you get to the entrance of the temple complex.
I saw a documentary on this place, but I don't remember showing anybody going inside, can you go inside of it?

Good morning D-League. It's currently 64° and clear here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will be mostly cloudy with a high of 83°.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

big-5ef5f4889cb8a180441a7688e95d9ab8.jpg
A place I've wanted to go for a long time, but more & more doubtful I'll make it.

I hadn't seen that camel statue before.

Good morning D, beautiful day here but it's going to change tomorrow!!! Read 22.

Saw where a A&M fan killed a Alabama fan after an argument, Wow!

I am doing better, amazing what two weeks has done for me in therapy! Even got another good nights sleep!

Looking forward to Saturday's game.

Exercises done, folded clothes and getting ready to do the dishes, then walk a little bit, then done for the day!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!

One of the D was talking about Hummingbird plants, I started getting seeds off of it yesterday, there is going to be thousands of them, I give them away to people who want them!!! Ours had worlds of blooms on it, then the seed pods show up and in each pod there is 4-6 seeds in each one. We will have to keep them trimmed out next year or it will take over our deck!!!!

Sure, the passage going inside is breath taking. It is a nice spectacular walk or you can hop on a donkey or camel. It truly is a Wonder of the World.
The last part of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is filmed at Petra -- the part where they find the "Holy Grail" etc.

In the last minute, Jones and his dad (Sean Connery) ride back through the narrow passage that you ride into the temple complex that during my visits you reached via horseback.

It's a classic "ride off into the sunset" ending.

The last part of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is filmed at Petra -- the part where they find the "Holy Grail" etc.

In the last minute, Jones and his dad (Sean Connery) ride back through the narrow passage that you ride into the temple complex that during my visits you reached via horseback.

It's a classic "ride off into the sunset" ending.
I have 3 Fedoras of that style. One light brown, one dark brown, and one black. One of my favorite actors and characters.

SC, inside the buildings or Temples?
Entrance into Petra is through a gorge almost a mile long. One you are inside it is a City of Stone. To get an in depth visit it will take at least a day. The best thing to do to describe the city is through YouTube. i don't have the words. If you have time take a look and enjoy.

Good morning D, beautiful day here but it's going to change tomorrow!!! Read 22.

Saw where a A&M fan killed a Alabama fan after an argument, Wow!

I am doing better, amazing what two weeks has done for me in therapy! Even got another good nights sleep!

Looking forward to Saturday's game.

Exercises done, folded clothes and getting ready to do the dishes, then walk a little bit, then done for the day!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!

One of the D was talking about Hummingbird plants, I started getting seeds off of it yesterday, there is going to be thousands of them, I give them away to people who want them!!! Ours had worlds of blooms on it, then the seed pods show up and in each pod there is 4-6 seeds in each one. We will have to keep them trimmed out next year or it will take over our deck!!!!
0817c2ff7825a22c97df07126f6f3b78.jpg

Just came back from the nursery to pick up some banana and bell pepper plants. Funny thing the lady said they had a run on vegetable plants due to the world panic for supplies. She then said not to worry because she gets all of her plants from a local grower that ships everywhere. He will take care of the local nursery so we should not have any problems. The stock clerk at Public told me the same thing.

I read Matthew 21

Last edited:
It happens every time. I married after the NCAA tournament was over for a reason. Football season was a long way off.
My daughter's original wedding time would have been during the UK vs UL football game. We dropped it back 4 hours!

Me and my daughter. The guy on the left is Norman Lopez (a darned Florida fan), the guy on the right is my brother in law who was a guitar picking son of a gun.

17990461_1291055131010068_5894536347490121620_o.jpg

Last edited:
It happens every time. I married after the NCAA tournament was over for a reason. Football season was a long way off.
Yep. Luckily, I married in May, no sports happening that I was interested in, back then. But my timing for having children was off. 30 and 35 years ago, my biggest passion was bow hunting for deer. Anyone who has ever deer hunted in Kentucky knows that is the time to be out hunting for big bucks. My son was born November 2nd 1990. My daughter was born November 2nd, 1995. Twins, 5 years apart. Best part is, my wife and I did the math and figured out they were both most likely conceived in Nashville. We used to take yearly trips to Opryland in the winter, and it was usually late January-early February when we did it. Uncanny.

Yep. Luckily, I married in May, no sports happening that I was interested in, back then. But my timing for having children was off. 30 and 35 years ago, my biggest passion was bow hunting for deer. Anyone who has ever deer hunted in Kentucky knows that is the time to be out hunting for big bucks. My son was born November 2nd 1990. My daughter was born November 2nd, 1995. Twins, 5 years apart. Best part is, my wife and I did the math and figured out they were both most likely conceived in Nashville. We used to take yearly trips to Opryland in the winter, and it was usually late January-early February when we did it. Uncanny.
My daughter was born March 20, 1997 -- the night Kentucky played St. Joseph's in the second round of what turned out to be a run to the Final Game. Luckily, the labor was protracted, there was a TV in the delivery room, and I got to watch the entire game.

My daughter was born March 20, 1997 -- the night Kentucky played St. Joseph's in the second round of what turned out to be a run to the Final Game. Luckily, the labor was protracted, there was a TV in the delivery room, and I got to watch the entire game.
You were lucky lol. My wife was in labor for about 36 hours with my son. When it came time for my daughter, I was expecting the same, so I laid down to sleep while the nurses kept watch ( we had a room with 2 beds). Suddenly, a nurse awakened me and said “you better get up if you wanna see your daughter born”! I barely made it in time. She came out like a bullet. I felt so embarrassed, but thankful I got to see her born. Nothing like it.

My wife and I visited Petra in 2011. It was one of the most fabulous trips of our lifetime. It was amazing to look at the carvings in those mountains and to see the "dwellings" carved out half way up a mountain of rock. Oh and the camel ride was nice too.

I would recommend you go if you have he opportunity.
I've wanted to see it ever since I saw Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. I couldn't believe it was an actual place.

Had a full day today and I'm glad to be home. We shot a 13 under par 59 today. Pretty good for some old men with no A player.

The closer it gets to Saturday the stronger my feeling becomes that we can win this game. I'm still not on the side that expects to win, but I'm going with the Clemson game to show me Ga is not invincible.

I'm saying there's a chance...

Had a full day today and I'm glad to be home. We shot a 13 under par 59 today. Pretty good for some old men with no A player.

The closer it gets to Saturday the stronger my feeling becomes that we can win this game. I'm still not on the side that expects to win, but I'm going with the Clemson game to show me Ga is not invincible.

If the defense plays like it has the last couple of games and the Cats win the turnover battle, they'll be there at the end.

Wait. We? 59? Are we talking 9 holes or 18? Think I’m..... bout t0. . Don’t you dare man! I don’t care how long you been playin! Tell me it ain’t so.😲

Wait. We? 59? Are we talking 9 holes or 18? Think I’m..... bout t0. . Don’t you dare man! I don’t care how long you been playin! Tell me it ain’t so.😲
It was a scramble and there were 4 of us. It is officially scheduled for Saturday at 1300. No bueno! I wasn't the only one who balked at the timing. About 6 teams played today. UL fans and other derelicts will play on Saturday while history happens.

It was a scramble and there were 4 of us. It is officially scheduled for Saturday at 1300. No bueno! I wasn't the only one who balked at the timing. About 6 teams played today. UL fans and other derelicts will play on Saturday while history happens.
Thanks. And I apologize.But 59 sends me into a frenzy. Actually, so does 79. But don’t forget,if you hear of a 70 year old breaking par, it’s gonna be me. In 9 years. Gotta have faith! I’ll do it or die trying.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and partly cloudy. Today's high may reach 85°F. Cold front in-bound. 50s possible by early tomorrow morning.

Flooding hit a campground south of us in San Marcos yesterday morning. Out of 50 RVs, something like 15-17 RVs got swept away. Thankfully everybody escaped. What a mess.

Pup woke me twice again early this morning. She finally settled down around 2 am.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

I-Love-Lucy-Day-Cheese-Curd-Day.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Drop in temp today from 80's yesterday to mid 60's today with high winds and no, I did not eat beans last night.

Went fishing yesterday afternoon and the bad year continues. 4 hours of nothing.

Never had a cheese curd. Ask my wife and she knows what they are but has never eaten one either.

Never liked Lucy.

Good morning D, been up since 3, not hurting just couldn't sleep, read 23.

ATX, saw on the news where yawl had lots of rain, flooding!!! Raining here this morning, looks like bad weather moving in on us today!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!

Getting antsy about tomorrow!! GBB!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT