ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Question, this wouldn't happen would it? Nah, no way they'd do that! No way...

225849104_10158303218212224_5689541824905749144_n.jpg

The Director is a respiratory therapist and works for Kindred Hospital......she tells me she is more worried about the new fungus among us.........it can be deadly and so far.....it seems to be immune to present drugs.....

Any links to papers on that? Want to read up on it this weekend, if I can. (Yeah, I'm a nerd when it comes to health stuff.

That's what they all say until they get swooped up into that spacecraft and get an anal probe along with all the other stuff that human anatomy examination entails.
Chief, if I didn’t know better I’d think you’ve been brainwashed by CatinIL. Those illegal aliens from another galaxy just want to enjoy the American dream —not abduct us and take our stuff.

The Director is a respiratory therapist and works for Kindred Hospital......she tells me she is more worried about the new fungus among us.........it can be deadly and so far.....it seems to be immune to present drugs.....

Any links to papers on that? Want to read up on it this weekend, if I can. (Yeah, I'm a nerd when it comes to health stuff.) What is the name of the fungus of which she speaks?
Anybody ever have a cat that would play fetch?

Yes. Best and last cat I ever had.

I was a lifelong Democrat.......then Bill decided to get cute with a young lady in the oval office.........the politicians all agreed he was a moral POS but said he was doing a good job and didn't vote to impeach him.......now I am an Independent.....but I vote republican.......straight ticket the last two elections.........I always thought that it was being simple pulling a single party lever.........I would die before I would vote Democrat again.......I am in the middle of a very good book by Mark Levine......American Marxism.........it's worth the read..........

Gonna buy that tomorrow. My reward for getting this flip finished.

Always watched Jaws the week before our family rented a beach house in Delaware for ten days to get in the mood. We did that every summer from the year our first was born til they were both away from home.

I also enjoyed the book. A little different. A little darker. Spoiler alert…in the book the Richard Dreyfus character has an affair with the chief’s wife, then gets eaten by the shark in the end…

Which end got eaten? That can make all the difference

Here's the t-shirt BBUK. I don't see how a jeune femme parisienne could be offended. It's just a geography lesson, and has nothing to do with the French refusing to help fight global Islamic terrorism...

The French are offended just having to look at or talk to other people. Rarely have I met a non-judgmental, non-arrogant french person. You invent some toast and fries and next thing you know, your head won't fit through the door

Good morning D-League. I’m out walking ahead of the sunrise today, enjoying the cool and quiet.

Busy day ahead but very glad it’s Friday. Our daughter is coming home from her two-year adventure in Austin this weekend, and will be staying with us for awhile. Looking forward to that.

I hope everyone has a good weekend planned.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F and clear. Got a few sprinkles yesterday. Possible scattered showers over the next 7 days. We may top out at 96°F today.

Plan on taking my 2-mile hike around 6 am CST. Gotta troll the political thread first.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design22.jpg

Cooler this morning in the Buckeye State with a high later on of about 80..with 50% humidity...so looks like a nice one coming up.
Hoping to get all of the yard mowed today. Doubt I get to either of the fields today which is OK. This time of year with the heat and lack of rain the grass doesn't so fast.
So I'll be busy today.
Y'all have a good day.

Good morning D-League. and now for the weather report.

It's currently 75° and the sun is up. Our high will be 84°. Yesterday we had 2" of rain at my house, it was a steady soaking kind of rain that started early and let up in the late afternoon to give us about 4 hours of bright sunshine. Today we have a 40% chance of more rain. We can use it to get that water table up that is a raging river 250' below my house.

I read Hosea 12

I found a picture of Austin pretending to be looking for coins on the beach. I think he had his mind on something else. Y'all take care.

225713166_10158618260693495_2801978186784667424_n.jpg

The French are offended just having to look at or talk to other people. Rarely have I met a non-judgmental, non-arrogant french person. You invent some toast and fries and next thing you know, your head won't fit through the door
I have had some experience with them and can concur. Unfortunately, my wife is half French. Her father was brought to NY from France as a child by his parents and they stayed. I tease her a lot about being French because of my experiences with them. She puts up with it and tells me it is not her fault. She speaks a little of what she learned from her grandparents but, has lost most of what she knew due to no practice.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F and clear. Got a few sprinkles yesterday. Possible scattered showers over the next 7 days. We may top out at 96°F today.

Plan on taking my 2-mile hike around 6 am CST. Gotta troll the political thread first.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design22.jpg
I don't do cheesecake.

Cooler this morning in the Buckeye State with a high later on of about 80..with 50% humidity...so looks like a nice one coming up.
Hoping to get all of the yard mowed today. Doubt I get to either of the fields today which is OK. This time of year with the heat and lack of rain the grass doesn't so fast.
So I'll be busy today.
Y'all have a good day.
Yeah, have to do my husbandly duties today like, take out the garbage, clean and dust the house, vacuum the carpet, and cut the grass. Man, retirement is not supposed to be this busy. ;)

It is 81.7°F and cloudy in Smiths Grove now and we are supposed to get to 89°. Still only a 20% chance of rain. We are dry and could use some rain.

I got some of my TV/Entertainment/surround/DVR's thing rewired yesterday and today. It is a nightmare to get into. I still don't have it completed. I have two HDMI connectors in one of my "electronic" boxes and I can't fine them today for love nor money but I had them yesterday. Geeze it is bad to be old and dumb.

You all have a good day. If you can't get frustrated enough come on to my house and I will pull the entertainment center back out and frustrate you to your hearts content.

Chief, if I didn’t know better I’d think you’ve been brainwashed by CatinIL. Those illegal aliens from another galaxy just want to enjoy the American dream —not abduct us and take our stuff.

All I know is that just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they are not all out to get you.

Sure, CatinIL may appear to be a wacko NOW but the day will come when all the scientists will be seeking him out for information about the aliens. And I won't blame him at all when he refuses to come up from his underground shelter to talk with them.

All I know is that just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they are not all out to get you.

Sure, CatinIL may appear to be a wacko NOW but the day will come when all the scientists will be seeking him out for information about the aliens. And I won't blame him at all when he refuses to come up from his underground shelter to talk with them.
I think CatinIL is ahead of the curve, if anything.

I was watching the 2-3 year old TV series version of "The War of the Worlds" last night, and it's a cautionary tale about fooling around with aliens.

If you haven't seen it, the plot line is that we send out a message to space like a bunch of Cosmic Hippies, including songs of love and peace, and the aliens home in on our signal to come down and kick our ass. After hearing the lame songs we sent, I didn't blame them at all...

Last edited:
I think CatinIL is ahead of the curve, if anything.

I was watching the 2-3 year old TV series version of "The War of the Worlds" last night, and it's a cautionary tale about fooling around with aliens.

If you haven't seen it, the plot line is that we send out a message to space like a bunch of Cosmic Hippies, including songs of love and peace, and the aliens hone in on our signal to come down and kick our ass. After hearing the lame songs we sent, I didn't blame them at all...

Thus the need to broadcast a hefty portion of rap "music."

"Yo, my bro, keep slidin' on past
'Cause you slow down, bitch put a cap in yo a$$"
You feel me?
You feel me?
Befo' you say hey, my ho's big ol' AK
Gonna put a stop to all yo cracker sass."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT