ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Thank you sincerely for that invitation Bert. I'd certainly like to take you up on it someday. Silver Grove was about 900 people when I was a kid. They claim a 'Greater Metropolitan Area' stretching up on a ridge and down a dead-end gravel road by a creek, so those figures are probably inflated online. They did add one traffic light when I was about 20 and immediately what had been a safe intersection where people just stopped and looked both ways became a scene of carnage because no one could get used to the light. I'm sure they did eventually. Your property looks very fine and like a nice place to visit. I never got to spend as much time in the western part of the state as I would have liked, so maybe I'll be lucky enough to do that someday.
The back yard is better!
106342042_3045740828874814_3943908280120564650_n.jpg

You would have to stay in the upper place on the left side above the shop. We are not nice to guest! :)

You do not have to know me indirectly. I am here, too old to move around much but you are welcomed to drop off the kid at UK and come down.

Smiths Grove is a great area if you like the county. We do not even have a caution light; let alone a traffic light. To get one of them you have to go to Bowling Green. I googled Silver Grove and it is bigger than my Smiths Grove!

We are country. Oh course we are wonderful country. Below is a picture from my front yard, my house is to the immediate left and the picture is the end of my street. You can see the field in the back ground.
106421575_3045740822208148_3042549473677751058_n.jpg

Bert, you wuz country when country wudn't cool.

Bert I had been a registered Democrat all my life, but I change my party affiliation to Republican in 2019. I don't feel like I left the Dems, just that they left me. Seems like they are all nuts in every sense of the word. Western Kentucky has always for the most part been a Democratic strong hold, but not any more. Little Andy is eat up with Liberalism!
I was a lifelong Democrat.......then Bill decided to get cute with a young lady in the oval office.........the politicians all agreed he was a moral POS but said he was doing a good job and didn't vote to impeach him.......now I am an Independent.....but I vote republican.......straight ticket the last two elections.........I always thought that it was being simple pulling a single party lever.........I would die before I would vote Democrat again.......I am in the middle of a very good book by Mark Levine......American Marxism.........it's worth the read..........

I was a lifelong Democrat.......then Bill decided to get cute with a young lady in the oval office.........the politicians all agreed he was a moral POS but said he was doing a good job and didn't vote to impeach him.......now I am an Independent.....but I vote republican.......straight ticket the last two elections.........I always thought that it was being simple pulling a single party lever.........I would die before I would vote Democrat again.......I am in the middle of a very good book by Mark Levine......American Marxism.........it's worth the read..........

Just double-check your vote once you pull that straight ticket lever..... I had that happen to me once in of all places South Carolina, voted straight ticket Republican and all the democrat names populated.

Pretty much been a conservative first...Repub second kind of guy. Can remember telling Mom & Dad when I went to school to be sure to vote for Ike...which they did (not because of me). Have voted for some Dems....voted Carter (big mistake...corrected it four years later). Voted for a couple Dems when I lived in Georgia 'cause I knew them...Sam Nunn and Joe Frank Harris. But probably starting about mid-late 80s starting going pretty straight ticket. A couple Dems I liked that sounded like they believed in what I do ... but if they're voted in it just leads to a stronger Dem majority or a stronger minority...plus, especially with Dems...they get in office and then vote as the Dem leadership wants...which is not at all what I want.
And when there is a Repub I don't like/agree with/etc....I don't vote for that office. Didn't care for McCain so didn't vote for Prez in '08, haven't voted for Portman the last two cycles he's run (and won), and won't vote again for DeWine.

Spent about half the day out working in the yard. Wasn't going to but there's always a lot to do. Was getting too hot and my foot (still having problems) was aching (probably a result of a lot of walking at the lake while fishing yesterday...you know how little kids are with fishing...don't catch something, time to move on to another spot).
So, spent the afternoon indoors reading and watching a couple westerns. I know....life is tough.

Rescue From Gilligan's Island {full movie 1978}

In case any are interested in an old classic.....

I haven't watched this one but it states that it is the full movie. I saved it.

Since it's been a few years since I've watched it, I might sit down and watch it this weekend myself.
Always watched Jaws the week before our family rented a beach house in Delaware for ten days to get in the mood. We did that every summer from the year our first was born til they were both away from home.

I also enjoyed the book. A little different. A little darker. Spoiler alert…in the book the Richard Dreyfus character has an affair with the chief’s wife, then gets eaten by the shark in the end…

Pretty much been a conservative first...Repub second kind of guy. Can remember telling Mom & Dad when I went to school to be sure to vote for Ike...which they did (not because of me). Have voted for some Dems....voted Carter (big mistake...corrected it four years later). Voted for a couple Dems when I lived in Georgia 'cause I knew them...Sam Nunn and Joe Frank Harris. But probably starting about mid-late 80s starting going pretty straight ticket. A couple Dems I liked that sounded like they believed in what I do ... but if they're voted in it just leads to a stronger Dem majority or a stronger minority...plus, especially with Dems...they get in office and then vote as the Dem leadership wants...which is not at all what I want.
And when there is a Repub I don't like/agree with/etc....I don't vote for that office. Didn't care for McCain so didn't vote for Prez in '08, haven't voted for Portman the last two cycles he's run (and won), and won't vote again for DeWine.
I'm from a family that was always Democrat. Went to school with some of the Julian Carroll family. His brother was the principal at the grade school I attended. But I voted for the man, not the party. By the time Reagan came around, I registered Republican so I could vote for the more conservative candidate in a primary. Its kind of funny in that my 93 year old mother has become very conservative.

I'm from a family that was always Democrat. Went to school with some of the Julian Carroll family. His brother was the principal at the grade school I attended. But I voted for the man, not the party. By the time Reagan came around, I registered Republican so I could vote for the more conservative candidate in a primary. Its kind of funny in that my 93 year old mother has become very conservative.
Julian Carroll - that’s a name I hadn’t heard in a long time. When I was a high school junior I got picked for Boys State and went to Richmond, the Eastern campus, for some hootenanny of fake governing. Julian Carroll was Lt. governor then and he came and chatted with us in small groups. I guess he was the first “famous” person I ever met.

Well my avocado crop is pretty much wiped out by critters. Squirrels, coons, possums and groundhogs have taken their toil on my tree. An avocado is pretty much free from insects and common diseases that an orange tree would have but critters are the problem. They can wipe you out.

I counted 21 seeds on the ground this morning and so far I have lost over 100. They eat the peeling, fruit and leave the hard seed scattered on the ground. It is too late to stop them this year but next year I will be ready.

The lesson in this is you can not grow fruit trees and plants next to a swamp. A swamp is beautiful and the wildlife are plentiful but you don't farm next to one.

Are any of the seeds good to sprout and grow from?

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and clear. 82% humidity. Slight possibility for showers late day. Expecting 97°F for today's high.

We hired a crew to pressure wash and paint our house. Also need an outside panel replaced. Washing complete. Painting should commence shortly.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-lasagna-day-1.jpg

Best Actor Oscar goes to....

225120348_369596624724519_746761474089370637_n.jpg

James Cagney- Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)

One of my all time favorite movies. I own it and normally watch it at least once a year. (Gary Cooper presenting.)

Gary Cooper won the year before for.................. "Sergeant York" (I own that one too.)

Last edited:
Good morning D League. Hazy and warming up in the east.

Off to a bad start in neighborhood relations today. I grabbed a t-shirt randomly knowing it’d be sweaty after my morning walk and go right into the dirty clothes.

As I left the house I bumped into the 30-something neighbor couple heading out for a jog. They seemed a little off but I didn’t think much if it.

Then I looked at my t-shirt. I’d grabbed one I got in Crawford Texas back in 2003 that says - TEXAS - it’s bigger than FRANCE. Then it has a map showing that. And then I recall the wife of the couple grew up in Paris. France, not Texas.

Ah well. Hope the D-League avoids insulting the neighbors today.

A little warm and humid on the porch this morning. Storms rolling in so it might be a wet morning/afternoon.
The Mrs and her daughter and the kids are heading out later this morning for a long weekend at a small resort in east/central Ohio. Place has treehouses you stay in (may just be cabins on poles like you see in the Smokies), but they'll have fun. Not too far at all from the 'amish country' here in Ohio so I'm sure the Mrs will want to go to a couple little towns and shop. Already told her that if they do....to stop off at my favorite all-time restaurant with the best/largest donuts I've ever had...take a cooler and bring a few home.

Me? I'll enjoy the peace and quiet. Nothing else on the docket.

Y'all have a good day. Matthew has stayed where they're going......

Good morning D League. Hazy and warming up in the east.

Off to a bad start in neighborhood relations today. I grabbed a t-shirt randomly knowing it’d be sweaty after my morning walk and go right into the dirty clothes.

As I left the house I bumped into the 30-something neighbor couple heading out for a jog. They seemed a little off but I didn’t think much if it.

Then I looked at my t-shirt. I’d grabbed one I got in Crawford Texas back in 2003 that says - TEXAS - it’s bigger than FRANCE. Then it has a map showing that. And then I recall the wife of the couple grew up in Paris. France, not Texas.

Ah well. Hope the D-League avoids insulting the neighbors today.

As my Dad used to say a lot. Tell them to "rub your mad spot".

Good morning D-League.

Read Hosea 111 and 12

It's currently 74° and the sun he is a rising. This afternoon we have a 25% chance of rain and a high of 84°. Not bad for late July.

The sign below reminds me of a time I drove into New York City on the George Washington bridge. They were filling in a pothole and a couple of men were shoveling tar and another dozen or so were standing around watching. SMH

I trust all have a great day.

227036276_10225911291630861_1930893250456944206_n.jpg

Good morning D-League.

Read Hosea 111 and 12

It's currently 74° and the sun he is a rising. This afternoon we have a 25% chance of rain and a high of 84°. Not bad for late July.

The sign below reminds me of a time I drove into New York City on the George Washington bridge. They were filling in a pothole and a couple of men were shoveling tar and another dozen or so were standing around watching. SMH

I trust all have a great day.

227036276_10225911291630861_1930893250456944206_n.jpg

Yes Sir,
I sit in many meetings regularly. In some meetings I listen to some gripe about how hard they've been working. Using that term "Working Hard"....

I have stated it to the groups many times when they get to that point. "Yeah, you work as hard as you can work and still sit in a chair."

A couple laugh but it goes off like the Calipari yelping dog statement to that Jerry character.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT