ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hey folks. I hope you are all doing well. I got sidelined for a few days by a moderator. Don't ask me why because I honestly don't know, but I can tell you it wasn't for any attacks on other posters.

I considered giving this board a permanent rest, but I'd miss all you D-League Cats.
Can't imagine a ban on MD. What is this world coming to?

I was about to give up on CatsIllustrated because of Rafters back in 2015 (?) but Austin suggested that I check out the D-League. RR is really not kind to new posters. I only joined because The Lexington Herald discontinued their forum. Talk about a hot mess. No moderators. The UL trolls ran unchecked BUT I still made some great friends that I haven't heard from since. Miss those guys but the D is every bit what the Herald used to be, minus the trolls.

Can't imagine a ban on MD. What is this world coming to?

I was about to give up on CatsIllustrated because of Rafters back in 2015 (?) but Austin suggested that I check out the D-League. RR is really not kind to new posters. I only joined because The Lexington Herald discontinued their forum. Talk about a hot mess. No moderators. The UL trolls ran unchecked BUT I still made some great friends that I haven't heard from since. Miss those guys but the D is every bit what the Herald used to be, minus the trolls.

I offered to mod but I guess they are looking for a different sort. (Hard to blame Justin...)

My Tanker Buddy is on a roll!

211977343_4626471344042424_7243168244479071270_n.jpg

I haven't been on here much because I was going to get banned by what I was wanting to post in several forums last week. I've managed to not post there, but my frustration everywhere else was affecting me here and at home.

Way too much stuff I have to bite my tongue about these days. Far too few are the people that are using reason and able and willing to research things. I've spent so much time studying so that I might know that what I'm discussing with people us accurate, only to find they're preprogrammed to FREAK when anything different than what they hear on tv is mentioned.

I get it. I do. People only want to know what they need to get by or to keep living as they want to live. If something doesn't affect them directly right now, they don't want to think about the ramifications of this or that. Trouble is that shtuff comes around to everyone eventually, if it isn't nipped in the bud at the start.

I'm generalizing too much cause I don't want to get into it in depth and really worry or piss anyone off. That's never my reason for what I'm posting. When the sardonic posting starts though, I know where I'm heading and it's better if I take a break. So I have.

This forum has been sunshine and fresh air through a window compared to everywhere else, and I want y'all to know I appreciate you for it. I may not fit in real well, but I'll do my best to be a better neighbor when I get back to regular posting.

Have a good night everyone

Austin never been from BG to Clarksville but have driven from Clarksville to Paris many times. Nice drive with good roads if I remember correct. If it’s still there, outside Dover was a good restaurant on the right. Safe travels.
I just got back an hour ago. Correct, outstanding roads between Clarksville and Paris. Also good betwen BG to Russellville. 37 years ago, everything was two-lane. Now 4-lane. One can make great time.

Good morning D-League. Muggy and overcast in the east. A high of 93 is predicted. But still cool enough for a pleasant hike.

Just saw a big ol snapping turtle the size of a hubcap. Huge head. Those things have been around since before the dinosaurs, wreaking havoc.

Hope it’s a good day for all you folks.

It is 70.3°F and the sun is out. No rain yesterday, so the drying out process starts.

Good to see Austin got back home safely.

On getting banned: I got banned back a few years ago for defending my position on RR. It was a one day deal but no one would ever tell me why I got the ban. Some of those dudes on RR are down and out nasty and never get a time out. It really pissed me off.

Have a great day D-League.

Good morning D, read Jeremiah 47 and Daniel 10 at 3:30 this morning, rough night!!!!

Beautiful day here in the Berg, got to mow today, more rain tomorrow!

Getting some new furniture delivered today, then we are going to go look for a new TV, has the D, got any recommendations? I have had good luck with Vizio.

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and cloudy. Clearing later bringing a 91°F high. Local news said Austin received mensurable precipitation every day so far this month. 30% chance for us between noon and 5 pm. Today may break the no rain streak.

Everybody happy to see me, especially our pup. I plan on turning in rental car soon after fill-up. Must run a few errands later.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

109339099_1331384390404280_1619172861414035311_n.jpg

Good morning D, read Jeremiah 47 and Daniel 10 at 3:30 this morning, rough night!!!!

Getting some new furniture delivered today, then we are going to go look for a new TV, has the D, got any recommendations? I have had good luck with Vizio.

We've owned a couple Vizio TVs for years which has been very solid. We also own a Samsung. No issues.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and cloudy. Clearing later bringing a 91°F high. Local news said Austin received mensurable precipitation every day so far this month. 30% chance for us between noon and 5 pm. Today may break the no rain streak.

Everybody happy to see me, especially our pup. I plan on turning in rental car soon after fill-up. Must run a few errands later.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

109339099_1331384390404280_1619172861414035311_n.jpg

ATX picking up his rental car...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

I see Ole ATX now..... This is how he was driving..

car-driving-5.gif

giphy.gif

Harrogate Boys after a few...

190828-rhino-flipping-car-2x1-cs-939a.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, I "seen" them brothers down in the Gap, and around Harrogate and Shawanee...

15-Wayne-World-Car-Head-Banging.gif

The clerk on the return...

200.gif

IGJalx.gif

Yeah, or a reasonable facsimile thereof....

Glad you made it safely!

I get hooked on one brand. I bought my first Sony in 1976. It never quit working and when my son moved out of the house I gave it to him.

I have three Sony's and they are good. My son has a Vizio and he loves it. I have a couple Toshiba's and they are also good.

I have never owned a Samsung but my daughter has a big one and it is good also.

I think the bottom line is that there are a lot of really good TV's on the market and the prices keep going down.

It is 70.3°F and the sun is out. No rain yesterday, so the drying out process starts.

Good to see Austin got back home safely.

On getting banned: I got banned back a few years ago for defending my position on RR. It was a one day deal but no one would ever tell me why I got the ban. Some of those dudes on RR are down and out nasty and never get a time out. It really pissed me off.

Have a great day D-League.

I got a time out on RR long ago for jokingly suggesting that UK should play a basketball game barefooted.

It took over a week for a package sent to me from louisville via cincinnati to arrive. it was at the uspo in cinci for four days. i live 25 miles north of cincinnati.
@cordmaker last year a few weeks before Christmas sent me a Priority Mail package from Central City to Smiths Grove. It is a whopping 79.4 miles. It took two weeks or so.

The next Priority Mail package he sent to me got here in two days, like it was supposed to.

My experience with TVs has been one out of every 4 has issues. A friend who worked at a bib box store said it's 1 in 100 or so that they sell.

I have liked the Sony TVs we've had. Sony also replaced a tv pretty much out of the warranty period because of a problem with their hardware/circuit boards. Sent us a replacement same size but 5 years newer. Shocked me tbh.

Vizio and Acer monitors are good. Havent had a vizio tv.

If I were getting one now I'd likely get an OLED or something similar. More cost, but the picture is phenomenal. Pieratts is where we get our appliances now.

Here's a perfect example of our "efficient" mail service. Keep in mind we're only 30 minutes from Ashland.

5gjymq.jpg

They all suck. Lbh. I've got a friend that lost a bunch of money on international packages that went through Dhl. Lazy driver dropped them at Amazon facility. They told DHL to hold them at the distribution center and they'd come get them, but DHL never forwarded the message nor attached it to the tracking numbers.

A guy I know got a ticket in another state. Their electronic payment system wouldnt work and they wouldn't accept a check by mail at the time. By the time he got the ticket resent so he could read it, he had to pay an extra fee. Signed up for traffic school through their site (IL), and was waiting for them to contact him, as they wouldn't speak to him until they received his paperwork. WHICH WAS SNAIL MAILED....

The traffic school manager didn't receive his documentation until 40days after he paid the fees electronically. He's now out the extra money for traffic school, has to pay an extra fine or two for not completing it in time, and his KY license may be suspended any day now. He has no remedy now because of the mail delay.

I've got prime. Ordered prime delivery over the past year or so that I've had it. Never arrives when it's supposed to. Last time I ordered something from them they offered a standard shipping that would make the package get here in a day. What ThE HECK do I have PRIME for then? Their 2 day delivery was 1 week. Standard mail was next day....

I got a time out on RR long ago for jokingly suggesting that UK should play a basketball game barefooted.
I think you got me beat Chief.

I was banned for posting in the thread about the US losing to Nigeria. I made a joke that the Team could ask LeBron to join, but he was probably already committed to China.
(If you read this, then it is gone and you don't see me for a while, you'll know why.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT