ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I think you got me beat Chief.

I was banned for posting in the thread about the US losing to Nigeria. I made a joke that the Team could ask LeBron to join, but he was probably already committed to China.
(If you read this, then it is gone and you don't see me for a while, you'll know why.)
I got a warning once, so I contacted the mod to ask what I did wrong. He got back to me and told me he had mistakenly sent it to me, and that it was meant for the poster above me. Maybe that is the case with you, because I don't see anything wrong with what you said. If that's a bannable offense, then they won't have many people left to post.

I got a warning once, so I contacted the mod to ask what I did wrong. He got back to me and told me he had mistakenly sent it to me, and that it was meant for the poster above me. Maybe that is the case with you, because I don't see anything wrong with what you said. If that's a bannable offense, then they won't have many people left to post.
The mods don't apply a lot of logic.

Mods, ban this guy. Why? Well ... just because.
Thank you for helping me to get my wings!

life.png

They used to have some good football teams back in the day. I remember them taking East Carter (my old school) to the woodshed one year.
I moved to ohio when in grade school but i did go watch them win their first state championship in louisville vs franklin simpson. i believe the current coach was the qb on that team. linebacker john rader went on to play at uk with tim couch.

You are guilty...fess up...

All of my grandchildren live out of state, three in Kentucky. One of them is currently away on the Kentucky Governor Scholars Program and we just got a card from her today. They are assigned to one of three colleges. Bellarmine in Louisville, Centre in Danville and Morehead State. A couple of years ago her brother got Morehead and she was assigned to Bellarmine. Their young sister is aiming for Centre. LOL

She made us proud because very few young folks bother to write letters anymore. She built a telescope for astronomy class and is anxious to show it to us. God has been good to our family and given them the opportunity to excel. That is all we can ask in life. The opportunity and if we have that it is up to the individual to make the best of it. Good parenting usually assures that.

It is still pouring the rain in Dixie Land
My Grandson is at Morehead for governors scholar right now too!

If any are interested in the Arizona vote audit. It is a long hearing but if you go to about the 1:10:00 or so mark you can hear some explanations of what is going on. I have listened to this all as I was doing work. You might be interested as this voter fraud has never really been explained in the media.

Also at about the 1:19:00 mark is getting real interesting.

Last edited:
Good morning all. Haven't been around here for 3 or 4 days, but I've read some and posted a few times on the Political Thread.
Was straightening up some things down in the basement Monday, when a slab of granite that was sitting up along a wall (was a piece of the foundation that had been busted out years years ago for one of the crawl space entrances) fell over onto my foot. About a 12x18 piece that's about 4 inches thick. OUCH! Thought for sure my foot was broke but it wasn't. Mrs went on and on about going to Dr, Hospital, Urgent Care, etc....but I'm stubborn about that. If I feel there's a need I'll go...if not I won't. So I wanted to wait a bit before I went. I could wiggle my toes, etc so I felt that nothing was broken, even though the pain was unreal. Knowing a lot of people in the healthcare business....she got a lot of advise on the phone on what to do (nothing I wasn't already doing....cold foot bath and then hot, etc)
So basically I've been in bed for about 3 days with my foot propped up. Didn't even feel like getting on the computer, tablet, phone. First couple of days were awful, but yesterday was much, much better. Today feels like yesterday but at least I'm able to get around. Couple of days I thing I'll be OK....just won't be running any marathons for a while.
Moral of the story....don't let a big rock fall on your foot. Pretty much to the point huh?

Y'all have a good Friday to end the work week.

If any are interested in the Arizona vote audit. It is a long hearing but if you go to about the 1:10:00 or so mark you can hear some explanations of what is going on. I have listened to this all as I was doing work. You might be interested as this voter fraud has never really been explained in the media.

Also at about the 1:19:00 mark is getting real interesting.

I don't watch network or cable news, other than a little NewsMax that the Mrs has on quite a bit during the day. But I never really sit there and watch. Get my news from various sites on the internet, etc.

With that being said, I've only seen the hearing and the results of (not all are out yet) reported in one place. The Victory Channel (religous channel owned by Copeland ministries. They have a noon and 5p.m. newscast). It's not even on NewMax or FoxNews websites this morning that I can find.

Even if they find blatant cheating in audits of 6 or 7 states no one will know because it won't be reported.

As we get older, we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other seniors who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither. Many are inspirational to all of us seniors. Harold Schlumberg is such a great person and very knowledgeable...

QUOTE FROM HAROLD

"I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired?' Well, I stay active and happy I'm fortunate to have a PHD in chemical engineering and one of the things I enjoy most is converting Beer, Manhattans, and Scotch into urine.

Then, I take a jog out to the shed and piss on pictures of Maxine Waters, Hillary
Clinton, Nancy Pelosi on her broom, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders and Diane Feinstein!

I do this several times every day. I really enjoy it and get my exercise too!"

Harold is an inspiration to all of us.

Good morning D-League. Very glad it is Friday. Sunny and hot in the east. Projected to hit 93 today. Got a long walk in early when it was still pretty cool outside. May try to get up into the Blue Ridge mountains where it'll be a little cooler this weekend.

I hope you all have a great day.

Forgive me if I find this "hillary"larious... rotflcgu!!! 🤭 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

where is this country going to by silencing....................................... The Media!!!....

305f2344b2b38aed807ed2679a42e9ff.jpg

tenor.gif

;) sorry that caught me extremely funny somewhat knowing who you are and what you do...

You "is" human after all....

Forgive me, I've been there exactly with the thought process you are having now...

You've been around this joint just slightly less than I have. Seniority should mean something... but...

You have to laugh.... I point blank asked Jason to make me a moderator. He never so much as blinked or responded.

The D-League saved me...
If it wasn't for the D-League........I wouldn't be on this web site very often........I can't take RR..........the pay page is just RR a few days earlier..........I have been weaning myself off of the political thread..........

Good morning D-League. Very glad it is Friday. Sunny and hot in the east. Projected to hit 93 today. Got a long walk in early when it was still pretty cool outside. May try to get up into the Blue Ridge mountains where it'll be a little cooler this weekend.

I hope you all have a great day.
I know of a great stretch of the Cane River over in Yancey county that sure would be nice today........just me, my fishing rod and a couple of lures...........

^ Learned that a 99-years old WWII vet acquaintance of mine passed away Monday. Fewer & fewer of these great patriots remain with us. I personally know only one now. He's 98 or so.
My wife still has an uncle that is still alive. He will be 96 next month. He was in the Army Air Corps and bombed the Japanese. He always complained about the long trips to and from the targets.

Good morning all. Haven't been around here for 3 or 4 days, but I've read some and posted a few times on the Political Thread.
Was straightening up some things down in the basement Monday, when a slab of granite that was sitting up along a wall (was a piece of the foundation that had been busted out years years ago for one of the crawl space entrances) fell over onto my foot. About a 12x18 piece that's about 4 inches thick. OUCH! Thought for sure my foot was broke but it wasn't. Mrs went on and on about going to Dr, Hospital, Urgent Care, etc....but I'm stubborn about that. If I feel there's a need I'll go...if not I won't. So I wanted to wait a bit before I went. I could wiggle my toes, etc so I felt that nothing was broken, even though the pain was unreal. Knowing a lot of people in the healthcare business....she got a lot of advise on the phone on what to do (nothing I wasn't already doing....cold foot bath and then hot, etc)
So basically I've been in bed for about 3 days with my foot propped up. Didn't even feel like getting on the computer, tablet, phone. First couple of days were awful, but yesterday was much, much better. Today feels like yesterday but at least I'm able to get around. Couple of days I thing I'll be OK....just won't be running any marathons for a while.
Moral of the story....don't let a big rock fall on your foot. Pretty much to the point huh?

"...don't let a big rock fall on your foot"

Where else except in the D are you gonna find such helpful advice as this? GYERO? NOB? Rafters? I say no. Still saving lives after all these years.

^ Learned that a 99-years old WWII vet acquaintance of mine passed away Monday. Fewer & fewer of these great patriots remain with us. I personally know only one now. He's 98 or so.
I always try and say "Thank you for your service" when I see a veteran. I very rarely see a WW2 Veteran...Great Generation!

Most veterans I see now are Vietnam Veterans and I always tell them thank you for your service and putting up with the stuff you had to deal with in VN but here in the US as well.

Same for me on not being on here for a few days. Was not up to conversing. Lost the one of the best dogs we have had to cancer. We had to put her down Monday because it had come back with a vengeance after having the first tumors removed mid June. She was only 6 years old and was the family care taker for the other dogs. Put down an older dog just about a month and a half ago. The 6 year old was my companion when I went out the front door to get mail, take out the garbage or anything else. She was always cheerful and playful no matter what the time. Still hard to type this, she was my baby.

As we get older, we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other seniors who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither. Many are inspirational to all of us seniors. Harold Schlumberg is such a great person and very knowledgeable...

QUOTE FROM HAROLD

"I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired?' Well, I stay active and happy I'm fortunate to have a PHD in chemical engineering and one of the things I enjoy most is converting Beer, Manhattans, and Scotch into urine.

Then, I take a jog out to the shed and piss on pictures of Maxine Waters, Hillary
Clinton, Nancy Pelosi on her broom, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders and Diane Feinstein!

I do this several times every day. I really enjoy it and get my exercise too!"

Harold is an inspiration to all of us.
I literally just laughed out loud! [laughing][laughing][laughing]

Evening D, What a supper, Chuck roast with mushrooms, carrots and onions cooked in it, also green beans and red taters fresh from the garden, grilled squash, tomatoes and Rhodes rolls!!!! Then we topped it off with homemade peanut butter ice cream with chopped up peanut butter cups!!!! IAOTFACGU!!!!!

Should have put some sliced Gala apples in that peanut butter ice cream Sir!!! What's good for the goose.. is..

Oh, I DO hope all had a great day. Be thankful in all circumstances. (I have had to cling to this prayer as I have had some serious let down's recently.) I do KNOW, God is STILL in control, I have never waivered in this time of tribulation. (Note: I am not comparing anything of mine to anything or things of others by stating this. We all have our crosses to bear.) God Bless you all!

Last edited:
Good morning D League. Up early assembling some porch furniture my wife bought. Nothing difficult but for a guy like me knuckle-busting stuff.

Almost finished. Then I’m driving up to that corner where Maryland, Virginia and WVA come together, where the Appalachian trail crosses the Shenandoah River, to hike a bit.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning from a wet and soggy Buckeye State. Had over an inch of rain....but looks like its over now.
Not much on the docket for today. Foot aches too much to do much, but may ride around on the garden tractor if it dries out. Some of the grass could use a mowing.
Step-daughter and her 2 rug rats coming in this week for a month. Oh the joy of it. Hate to say it .... worst kids I've been around. Parents are like many/most parents of today. No discipline. 'Time out' in the corner while the kid laughs and yells and screams at their Mom and then after a minute takes off and does what they want. Swear...I've never seen kids like these. But.....keep my mouth shut.

Y'all have a good Saturday.

Good morning D League. Up early assembling some porch furniture my wife bought. Nothing difficult but for a guy like me knuckle-busting stuff.

Almost finished. Then I’m driving up to that corner where Maryland, Virginia and WVA come together, where the Appalachian trail crosses the Shenandoah River, to hike a bit.

Hope you all have a good day.
Have a buddy of mine who hiked the whole trail about 10 years ago. Can't remember how long it took him....couple months I believe.
My daughter lives pretty close to where it starts (or ends...depending) in N. Georgia. When I lived outside Atlanta we'd go up there every once in awhile to hike. Beautiful and peaceful.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 75° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring more of the same, thunderstorms and a high of 78°. Starting to feel like we live in a rain forest.

Everyone have a great Saturday and stay safe out there today.

4200c780f37eb398c70173f3de51d9aa.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT