ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Went to Moore OK just southeast of OKC this morning with my friend who is Thai because he needed a ride to his medical appointment. His vehicle is in the shop so...
We stopped off for lunch at a Thai restaurant there and it was the best Thai food I have eaten yet. We usually try Thai restaurants when we are out and about and he knows the better ones. My daughter has gone with us a couple of times and wishes she had went today (still asleep when he ask) because she loves the food. I brought her some back and she will eat it but wants to go next time. On the way back I took a different route through Norman OK and a shorter way back avoiding the major toll roads and getting us back about 5 minutes or so slower than the time it took to get there but, saving about $6.00 on tolls. Had I known what portion of Moore he was going to I would have taken that route there saving $12.00 on tolls. As we took the shorter but slower route he says "Man you white guys sure know how to get around".

Had me laughing on that one.

An apparently rare bird - a white guy who doesn't hate on and beat up Asians. I didn't know we were attacking Asians until the MSM recently starting telling us we were doing this.

On the topic of Submarine warfare off the US coast, I have this map framed down in my "satellite office" in the basement (main office is upstairs). And yes, I know it is too small to see anything.

But on the map I could document 14 American and British ships sunk off Delaware in World War 1 - then about 20 in WW 2...It hadn't even occurred to me that there was sub warfare of that intensity off US coasts during the First World War.

This map is pretty cool, by the way. National Geographic documented every shipwreck in the Chesapeake and up the DelMarVa coast back to the Spanish days of the 1500s -- nearly 5,000 in all. That's a lot of human drama.

I know we have some who enjoy Bluegrass Music in the D League. I grew up on it and it never grew old to me. When I lived in Cumming, Georgia about every Friday night we would gather at an old music store on Highway 9 and listen to Frances Mooney and her guests and friends. Some of the all time best dropped by over the years. Tom T Hall, Dixie Hall to name a few. Frances Mooney has been playing music for over 50 years and is in the Country Music Hall of Fame. Back in the 70's she left Georgia and went to Kentucky and was a high profile singer and bass player with The Bluegrass Generation out of Louisville, She was a big part of the Kentucky bluegrass scene in the mid-70s during the early days of Ricky Skaggs and Vince Gill. Both actually contributed to a few of the early Bluegrass Generation album

She is still going strong and I am glad I met her and enjoy her fellowship and especially her music. Some of you may have crossed paths too.

5duyee.jpg

Grass mowed. Hot out there.

Wife and I just watched "Stripes", much of which was filmed in KY. I first viewed the film a little under 40 years ago at the theater on Fort Campbell with buddies in my outfit. Brought back many memories. Great flick.

Hope y'all enjoying your day.
It was a great flick. Only people familiar with the area knew that you can't get to the airport by driving across the bridge to Indiana.

Happy Father's day to you all tomorrow. My Oldest girl took me and my Darling out to supper today but it was about 2pm. (That's a good thing.) My youngest took us out last week. They are keepers (Sometimes, but I love them.)

203336334_4588390591174485_1076085875568980191_n.jpg

I cut this Prime Rib first just so you know how it should be cooked... That sauce got removed. Never use the sauce, if you have to use it, chuck the meat... jmuo

That is the Potomac River behind my daughters near DC in Alexandria, VA. We went to the Chart House........

204033358_4588390601174484_749171672502809746_n.jpg

Yeah just a slight, slight drizzle of freshness, that meat was nearly still moving five or so minutes ago...

Darn you brother SC...Sir............ We started talking about darned GIZZARDS while driving to the Asian Supermarket after our early supper. (My daughters drove themselves and left us be...)...My darling stated she liked chicken gizzards........sigh....

Got to the darned market and was just minding my own darned business. Just filled up a deliciously large bag full of Gala Apples (They were huge). I walked over to the steamed bread freezer case to see if there were any deals. (I enjoy steamed bread.)...No deals but I have some in my freezer at home so no biggie... I was minding my "own" darned business when I looked down AND.....................

203472908_4588390637841147_530260064751143812_n.jpg

My Darling told me, "Oh, I didn't know you liked gizzards and after all these years together I thought you hated them. I will make us some fresh ones so you can enjoy them better than those..."

I owe you SC Sir, I owe you..... 😥 😥 😥 😥 😭😭😭🤮🤮🤮😭😭😭

Last edited:
That's my way of thinking. The Mrs is a total opposite....she says buy/do it now because (especially with Biden) it's not going to get cheaper.

But, again, the Mrs is right....once the price goes up they're not coming down.

With Biden, no. Maybe in 3 yrs though we'll have someone that isn't going to sell us out to foreign interests. Don't know who that might be, but there's that possibility

Years ago I collected a bunch of pallets for woodworking. Heck...free lumber. Mostly oak.
Have you ever tried to get those suckers apart? I guess it's the kind of nails they use but I would think it would be easier wrestling with a bear. Got a few apart....and gave up.
The nails and the wood. Did the EXACT SAME THING to make some nice planters for someone from a bunch of pallets. Called em and told them to come get the damn things. Got half of 2 halfway apart. Destroyed the wood getting one completely apart. Would've been better off cutting them apart with a circular/recip saw but would still mar the wood in the cutting.

My wife bought some kind of frozen patties yesterday and I cooked them on the Blackstone but none of us cared for them. They had a weird tasting seasoning to them.
Havent had many I disliked, but when I do it's always the pre-seasoned stuff.

Knew a guy that worked at a grocery store tell me they used seasoning on meat they had resurrected and repackaged. So I never bought the pre-seasoned stuff again.

Several years later I saw a dateline or some other "entertainted" news "reveal" how stores were taking expired meat, washing it with a strong saline or chlorine solution (bleaching basically), and putting it back out for a few days to sell it.

I told him about it and he laughed. Said laighed and said they were amateurs because they didn't mark it up with seasoning on it.

Copy-of-FATHERS-DAY-FLYER-Made-with-PosterMyWall-800x800.jpg

I heard a commentary and the woman mentioned fatherless homes in America are approaching 50% and growing each year. The Nuclear Family is fading away.

I lost my dad in 1990 but there is never a day something doesn't remind me of him. It was probably the saddest day of my life until my mother died in 2007. So if you still have him try to make each second a good memory.

Morning D

Read Jeremiah 16 KJV with my coffee.

We are expecting a nice day with temperatures currently 76° and reaching 86° by mid afternoon. There is that chance of a mid afternoon or evening shower. I am headed down to Indian Rocks Beach after morning worship to eat at one of my favorites restaurants. The family asked me what I wanted for Father's Day and I just said, some fresh grouper. So off we go.

Local law enforcement will be sending teams over to Texas and Arizona to help with the border crisis. Maybe a few more states will also get involved to stop this onslaught of humanity. It is important.

Trust all are well and have a great day.

Good Morning folks. It is an already warm 69.1°F and sunny.

BBUK congrats on those two pretty girls.

On fathers day: I lost my dad in November of 1975. It has been a long time. He was 44 when I was born. I was the accident in the second family for him. His first wife and son died of TB back in the 1930's.

My dad just before he died:
84054904_2816895561759343_2047057666122973184_n.jpg

Good morning D, First Happy Father's Day to the D, Read 16 with my coffee too!

Lost my DAD in 94, retired from the railroad in 93, found out he had cancer 6 weeks after he retired, passed away 1 year later!

I hope the d, has a great day!

Had a good day yesterday, got a popcorn popper and a cart to put my stained glass supplies on for Father's Day

Good morning and Happy Father's Day from ATX. Currently 76°F and partly cloudy. Today's high is expected around 95°F.

My father passed away in 1986 at age 48 from lung cancer.

Usual Sunday for me. Planning on a walk followed by some chores. Grocery shopping around noon. Late lunch at 2 pm or so.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Untitled-design-11.jpeg

Hello All and God Bless you Dad's and your Dad's/ Dad's memories too.

I lost my Dad in 2002. He was 73. I am the baby of my family. My brother is nearly 10 years older than me and my sister over 7 years older than me.

In talking to my children in the past and recently when they are complaining to me and my Darling about one thing or the other, I mention to them, I am thankful you have a Mom and Dad to listen to you and try to help you but I also want you to think about those whose parents are already gone. Who do they go to when they need fatherly or motherly advice. I asked them all three at one time or another, "Who do me and your Mom go to when we have troubles?" "Think about that. It's not easy for us either. Be thankful and cherish what you have, as long as you have it."

We can be thankful but we should also be mindful of our blessings too, no matter how hard we think we have it. Be thankful!

Oh, may God's fatherly love become apparent to you and be real to you. God's love is there for the asking. God doesn't move. Draw near to God the Father and he will comfort you and care for you in all circumstances. God Bless you all...

153547264_4259915770688637_3533844545508455151_n.jpg

Last edited:
Brave's fans will like this but you have to watch this one till the end. 😅

Good morning from ATX. Currently 80°F and cloudy. Today's high is predicted reaching 95°F or so.

Watch a littleed NBA yesterday. Clippers vs Suns. Wife is a huge Devin Booker fan. He tore 'em up with 40 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists. Cousins and Rondo played well for the Clippers.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

peaches-n-cream-day.jpg

Morning D, Read 17 this morning.

For the gardeners and canners in the D, how do you freeze squash? I remember my MOM doing it, but don't remember how she froze squash. Thanks
I don't know what is the proper way to do it, but I just stick it in a little salt water bath, shake the water off of it, put it in a food saver bag, place it in the freezer until it is frozen and then remove the air from the bag and place it back in the freezer.

Good morning D-League. Another Monday. 211 work Mondays - not counting 3-Day weekends and a couple weeks vacation every year -- until I hit 70 and for sure retire. I may do it sooner, but that's the outer limit.

This one is off to an annoying start with a lot of work headaches piled up when everyone unexpectedly was told to take the fake holiday off Friday. Ah well.

I hope you all are doing fine.

Hello all,
I got an unexpected day off today due to Friday being declared a holiday. (Friday was my regular day off. I get the next regular work day off in that case.) I like four day weekends. Heavily engaged in work though I did get to sleep in a couple extra hours. I am thankful.

Oh, I hope the work start of this week is good to you who did start work this week. For those who are in their "own" zone, I hope you are engaged in areas that make and keep you happy. God Bless you all...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT