ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I love WWII history.

Germany was cruel. They were unrelentingly cruel!

They killed just for the pleasure of killing. How do you teach people to be that cruel? I don't know, but Hitler taught them to be that. German folks are good and nice, but the indoctrination was total.

I know many German extracted folks that are wonderful people (I am Austrian Jew in part), but how do you "teach" cruelty? The Germans did. It is called fascism. A social program that teaches the "state" is superior and knows all. If you question it we will kill you.

One point that I want to make: my father in law was in the U.S. Navy in WWII. He dropped out of high school after his 17th birthday to join the war. He is one of my heroes. He survived the war and came home scared, really scared, but not by the Germans but by the Japanese.

He did not hate the Germans. He hated the Japanese. The reason is the German U-boat Captains would put up floatation gear after sicking of a ship. The Japanese were far more cruel. They would do ever thing to kill you. In the Navy in WWII the biggest loss of life was to the Japanese Kamikazes. They were total bastards. The only goal that they had was to kill.

He ended up wanting to kill any Japanese that he could meet. It was total hate. He never got to kill a Jap after the war but he really wanted to.
I also love WWII history Bert. One of my favorite stories is about Operation Titanic. The Allies were dropping Oscars/Rupert dummies on the Germans, making them think the D-Day invasion was elsewhere. Imagine the shock on Germans faces when they realized the truth.

I thought I would share my favorite dessert recipe with everyone:

BANANA SPLIT PIE​
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Philadelphia cream cheese
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. confectioners sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 lg. can crushed pineapple, drained
4 bananas
1 lg. container Cool Whip
1/2 c. cherries
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Melt butter; add sugar, blend with graham cracker crumbs. Put in a 13x9 pan for crust. Blend cream cheese, and milk until thick. Pour over cracker crumbs. Slice bananas and spread over filling. Spread pineapple over bananas. Spread Cool Whip. Sprinkle nuts and cherries on top. Refrigerate before serving.
NOTE: Strawberries can be added if desired; also filling can be alternated between fruit layers.

German folks are wonderful. How did Hitler corrupt a large country?

That is the question.
That's a question many have asked for over 75 years. Simple answer is Hitler was a helluva con man who arrived at the right time and place in history. German people are industrious and disciplined. Hitler realized he could use his oratory skills for manipulative purposes.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and mostly cloudy. Clearing later today bringing a 95°F high. Heat dome setting in, but moving out this weekend. Chance for more rain next week with cooler than average weather.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National_grande.jpg

Good morning D League

Strong cup of coffee and Jeremiah 19 and 20 to start the day.

Later this morning I am headed to Anna Maria Island for a few days and will meet up with family. I always enjoy Anna Maria, they have one of the nicer beaches on the Gulf Coast. The weather should be similar to ours with temperatures at 72° and a nice breeze. I expect the high in the mid 80's with some afternoon showers. They come and go real fast.

I trust all have a nice day and are doing well.

iu

I shouldn't be but people I hold dear are, 39 people. Had a Facebook account since 2004 or so. I know them all.

Oh, God's grace to all of you this day. I hope more blessings follow you tomorrow. God Bless you all...
I was wrong BBUK, I can see it. I clicked on it and watched it. I just figured if I had to log in I couldn't.

I thought I would share my favorite dessert recipe with everyone:

BANANA SPLIT PIE​
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. Philadelphia cream cheese
2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. confectioners sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 lg. can crushed pineapple, drained
4 bananas
1 lg. container Cool Whip
1/2 c. cherries
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Melt butter; add sugar, blend with graham cracker crumbs. Put in a 13x9 pan for crust. Blend cream cheese, and milk until thick. Pour over cracker crumbs. Slice bananas and spread over filling. Spread pineapple over bananas. Spread Cool Whip. Sprinkle nuts and cherries on top. Refrigerate before serving.
NOTE: Strawberries can be added if desired; also filling can be alternated between fruit layers.
I showed this to Mrs. M, she started reading it and said I like it already and we will be making it!!!!!!

Morning Legionnaires!

Had three games (softball) last night and did not get home until about 11:15. We won 2 and lost the last one by 2. Was down by 16 early and came back and had a chance to win it with 2 on 2 outs and a power hitter up at the plate. POP UP! Got down early with the other pitcher so, in the third we switched with me on the mound and even though it is slow pitch, a different delivery and style (I spin the ball a lot) can help keep batters from getting their normal hits. It worked but, that mountain was a little to high too climb in the end.

Was going to go fishing this morning but, too tired and too sore to move around that much. Only got up because wife is up preparing for work. Will take a nap after she leaves.

Pecan Sandies...Dang it Austin! I was just talking about eating better in another thread. 😣 ;)

That is the question.
When I was growing we studied World History and of course American history and I asked myself that question many times. How could he kill 6 million Jews without a total rebellion in his country. Why did the Jews get on railroad cars without a fight to the death? I would say it would never happen to me or my people.

Then as I grew older I see all of the changes in our society. If you point them out to people, most will laugh. If we learn one thing from COVID it should be the vast majority of the American people will obey their government. If the government says stay home from work or school. People will. There is a reason schools do not teach history anymore. There is a reason a simple cry of racism can change entire communities and states. It is a word that can manipulate most of our population. And it is used every day to manipulate.

The things happening in our country today are the same things that happened in other societies that have been moved to the ash heap and destroyed. Taking down statutes, banning flags, changing flags and using the educational system to promote "social justice". We now have people who are demanding the American flag be changed. We laugh but we also laughed when people talked about same sex marriage. The Founding Fathers are ridiculed as white men who also happen to be racist and of European descent. Evil.

The American culture continues to spiral out of control but we now have a generation who never heard of Hitler and the Holocaust or if they have heard of it, they deny it happened. These people will be the leaders in the future. Without a knowledge of history the mistakes of the past will be repeated. I am old enough to realize that in the future the current American flag will be taken to the county dump. Christians in America will be treated like Jews in Germany. It is coming. I may not live to see it but my grandchildren probably will because it is coming. History repeats and nations come and go. And it happens before you realize it.

It is sad that so many lives were wasted over stupid ideologies. Fascism, Shintoism, and communism came into conflict and neither knew when to quit. Even though the USSR was allied with the U.S. and Western European powers they were the same cut of cloth as the fascist and the Japanese.

Thank God the U.S. was strong enough to whip those three bastard ideologies. They all sucked. Harry Truman figured it all out. We MUST never forget the price paid. My family paid a remarkably high price for World War II.

I had a cousin who was in the 101st Airborne division and helped liberate Dachau. 25 years later (1970) he could not talk about what he saw. Shit like that should never happen. When an old D-Day veteran with 3 purple hearts can’t talk about something it must have been horrible.
Since we're talking WWII history, I can't forget that the USSR did by far the most to blunt the Nazis by absorbing their blows & overwhelmingly degrading their human & military resources. Yes, we kept them supplied but they suffered the huge majority of losses using those supplies.

Good morning D League

Strong cup of coffee and Jeremiah 19 and 20 to start the day.

Later this morning I am headed to Anna Maria Island for a few days and will meet up with family. I always enjoy Anna Maria, they have one of the nicer beaches on the Gulf Coast. The weather should be similar to ours with temperatures at 72° and a nice breeze. I expect the high in the mid 80's with some afternoon showers. They come and go real fast.

I trust all have a nice day and are doing well.

iu
CSX had its deep sea fishing facility at Boca Grande. It was always a pleasure to go there and kick up you heels why everyone else was trying to catch fish!

It is a crisp 62.4°F here at the moment with bright sunshine. It was 55° when I got up. That is nice for late June. It is supposed to get to 82° later for the high. It is just refreshing to walk around and enjoy a break in summer temps.

You D-League folks have a great time.

Since we're talking WWII history, I can't forget that the USSR did by far the most to blunt the Nazis by absorbing their blows & overwhelmingly degrading their human & military resources. Yes, we kept them supplied but they suffered the huge majority of losses using those supplies.
Not to disagree with you, but Stalin threw his men away. Penal troops to clear minefields by forcing them to walk through them. He caused millions of his countrymen to die needlessly and I think the son of a bitch liked it. The Soviet troops were incredibly cruel to the Germans also with total disregard for life.

It was a horrible thing what Hitler and Stalin did; two insane dictators.

Not to disagree with you, but Stalin threw his men away. Penal troops to clear minefields by forcing them to walk through them. He caused millions of his countrymen to die needlessly and I think the son of a bitch liked it. The Soviet troops were incredibly cruel to the Germans also with total disregard for life.

General George Patton hated the Soviets and Communism and was totally against FDR getting in bed with them. He spoke out and the first thing you know he was dead. Funny how these things work out.

Both things can be true. Stalin was a psychopath as much as Hitler, and wasted the lives of millions of his troops and citizens.

And it is also true that between 80 and 90 percent of ALL German losses in the war were on the Eastern Front. One example: We think of D-Day as a massive operation, and so it was. But the same month, June 1944, the Soviet Army launched Operation Bagration on the Eastern Front with 2.5 million troops, that ultimately caused far more German dead than Normandy, and had more of an impact on ending the war.

Stalingrad, in late 1942, effectively ended the German chance to win the war and cost the Wehrmacht 600,000 killed and captured. America was barely beginning to fight a relatively small campaign in North Africa by that time (November, 1942.)

General George Patton hated the Soviets and Communism and was totally against FDR getting in bed with them. He spoke out and the first thing you know he was dead. Funny how these things work out.

Exactly how Communism works...Kind of wondering when that started....(Been a long slow methodical process converting this once great country to Communistic principals.

Oh, God is still in control. God Bless you all and may your days be engulfed in God's love and kept from evil and their traps.

So you are aware, some ARE fighting back... Just need more people to do this same type of thing...

Exactly how Communism works...Kind of wondering when that started....(Been a long slow methodical process converting this once great country to Communistic principals.

Oh, God is still in control. God Bless you all and may your days be engulfed in God's love and kept from evil and their traps.
States have to take back public education. Our children will know the truth with this newest action by the governor and legislature.

TALLAHASSEE — Saying he wants Florida to be the “number-one state for civic literacy,” Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday signed bills aimed at boosting civics education in public schools and gauging “intellectual freedom” on college campuses.

During a bill-signing event at a Fort Myers middle-school library, DeSantis capped some of his priorities from the legislative session that ended April 30 — emphasizing patriotism in civics instruction and fighting “indoctrination” in education.

“Ultimately, these kids will probably all do different pathways in life,” DeSantis said, flanked by students and Republican bill sponsors. “All of those people are going to be citizens, they’re all going to be part of making sure that our country is able to preserve the freedoms that we possess.”

Last edited:
I am taking care of my sisters garden while she is on vacation, so I check on it this morning and she has lots of tater bugs. As I was picking them off it reminded me of when we were young, our DAD would give us a coffee can with some gas in it and send us to the tater patch to pick them off! He raised Kennebec taters.
When I was a kid, dad raised a HUGE garden, enough for us, the neighbors and other assorted kin. I got the privilege of tending the garden. I hate gardens. I like grocery stores.

Hey folks...taking a little break. Even though my son is here, the grass keeps growing, etc. So while he relaxes in the house, the old man is out mowing the back yard. Tilled a new section of the garden the other day so while I had the garden tractor out I put the wagon/trailer on it so I could dispose of a bunch of sod/weeds/dirt. The Mrs is wanting to plant another section of sweet corn so she can (hopefully) get two harvests. Don't know if its too late for a second batch of corn here in Ohio or not.

Later this morning I am headed to Anna Maria Island for a few days
Found out yesterday that one of my nephews just bought a house there last week. Sounds like it's right on the beach with a pool. Guess they're planning on renting it out when they're not using it.

Congress should be asking themselves what it is they are doing that they think their countrymen want to "hang them."

They know they're doing it wrong or they wouldn't be askeert in the first place. The only time Mitch doesn't look like a turtle in the headlights is when the cameras are off and he and PNancy are high fiving.

That is the question.

Hitler had the media co-opted. He had backers in the US and all around the world. Most people then, JUST LIKE today, just want to be left alone to do what they want to do when they wa t to do it. When good people don't want to and can't advance into politics that creates a vacuum, and those suckers are robbing the people blind

Cruel, yes. War is cruel. If you don't have minesweeping equipment & you have to clear the field to survive as an army & country, what are the most expEndable resources you have to do it?

Yes, he killed millions with collectivization. And he saved Britain & USA maybe a million troops with the war he fought. He's no hero. His people were.

Last edited:
Cruel, yes. War is cruel. If you don't have minesweeping equipment & you have to clear the field to survive as an army & country, what are the most expandable resources you have to do it?

Yes, he killed millions with collectivization. And he saved Britain & USA maybe a million troops with the war he fought. He's no hero. His people were.
I was stationed at one cold weather base where we had K-9 patrols. Once it got below a certain temp, the dogs were not allowed to patrol, but the men were. LOL. Men were less valuable than dogs.

Both things can be true. Stalin was a psychopath as much as Hitler, and wasted the lives of millions of his troops and citizens.

And it is also true that between 80 and 90 percent of ALL German losses in the war were on the Eastern Front. One example: We think of D-Day as a massive operation, and so it was. But the same month, June 1944, the Soviet Army launched Operation Bagration on the Eastern Front with 2.5 million troops, that ultimately caused far more German dead than Normandy, and had more of an impact on ending the war.

Stalingrad, in late 1942, effectively ended the German chance to win the war and cost the Wehrmacht 600,000 killed and captured. America was barely beginning to fight a relatively small campaign in North Africa by that time (November, 1942.)

We can't pick and choose which means more. If it weren't for BOTH launching offensives against Germany at the same time and continuing that offensive strategy, neither on their own would have been as successful against Germany.

The reason why the US didn't kill as many is that they didn't use their troops like cannon fodder in order to overwhelm the opponent. Russia did that very thing. How many losses did they sustain per fascist soldier killed?

How many people would have died in WWII if the rich didn't supply and fund Hitler's growth and blitzkrieg? How many fewer if they refused to fund both sides of "the war effort" while citizens donated their raw materials?

I'm thankful for the efforts of patriots preserving our way of life in my family and yours.

I also wondered as a young man if we would have by now gone the way of Germany if Hitler and Stalin hadn't existed or we didn't know about them, and the answer is becoming evident in our country today. We're on that path now. Those who aren't tolerant preach "tolerance" while those who have tolerated for too long are now the victims of fascism and intolerance. It's easier to fight an enemy you recognize because they are obviously dressed in a uniform. Much harder to fight those you thought you were helping live their lives.

I am taking care of my sisters garden while she is on vacation, so I check on it this morning and she has lots of tater bugs. As I was picking them off it reminded me of when we were young, our DAD would give us a coffee can with some gas in it and send us to the tater patch to pick them off! He raised Kennebec taters.
I tried the lime dust like someone on here (I think girt) and the bugs were gone.....

The U.S. getting in bed with the Soviets was a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" At the time, the Soviets were the lesser of two evils.

We can't pick and choose which means more. If it weren't for BOTH launching offensives against Germany at the same time and continuing that offensive strategy, neither on their own would have been as successful against Germany.

The reason why the US didn't kill as many is that they didn't use their troops like cannon fodder in order to overwhelm the opponent. Russia did that very thing. How many losses did they sustain per fascist soldier killed?
And the Germans weren't sieging & starving NYC & DC

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and mostly cloudy. Today's high expected around 96°F.

According to the news, a 12-story tower with more than 100 apartments partially collapsed in Miami early this morning. More than rescue 80 units have responded. Wow. Hope casualties are few, if any.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design20.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT