ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Some people who learned something...

My Dad used to say; "Let me learn you something.."

These people learned!!! THANK YOU!!!

Much love... There IS still hope!!!

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F, clear and calm. 76% humidity. Today's high may reach 95°F. Tropical depression in the Gulf apparently looks like it will hit Louisiana instead of TX. Bah!

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

62452346_2325827890832494_3646037483201757184_n.jpg

Nice morning in the Buckeye State....but not as cool as the last few. But they say it won't last. Good chance of showers later today and t'storms. High in the upper 80s. And more rain the next few days. So bring on the rain for the garden and the flower gardens. Spent all day yesterday mowing the yard...didn't get to the fields....so the grass is ready for some rain.

MIL's 87th b'day is today so we're having a b'day lunch for her. It used to be where we would invite some of her friends...but they are all gone now except two. One in a nursing home and another who's in pretty bad shape and doesn't get out of the house. She lost her best friend of 50+ years last week. It's hard getting old.

Don't do sushi.

Good morning D-League. Its currently 59° here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring sunny skies and a high around 90°.

Everyone stay safe out there today.
f07db26e76d5f130bd54382b878589f2.jpg
Are those brushes underneath the trollies to sweep the excrement off the streets? 😉
'
Y'all have a good Friday.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F, clear and calm. 76% humidity. Today's high may reach 95°F. Tropical depression in the Gulf apparently looks like it will hit Louisiana instead of TX. Bah!

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

62452346_2325827890832494_3646037483201757184_n.jpg
There's a Warrior-Cat depression hitting about now because the national day today deals with something I don't eat.

Good Friday morning

Local Weather Report: We have 72° with partly cloudy skies with a 17% chance of rain this afternoon. Our high will be 85°. We have a Tropical Depression forming in the Gulf that has a chance of hitting my brother's place in North Florida. I wish we could change directions and send it my way. 20 or 25 inches would be welcome. But our time will come.

Finished Jeremiah Chapter 14. We have not quite reached draught conditions as the Jews did but we could use some rain. It will come

0_550x550_Back_Color-White.jpg

Good Friday morning

Local Weather Report: We have 72° with partly cloudy skies with a 17% chance of rain this afternoon. Our high will be 85°. We have a Tropical Depression forming in the Gulf that has a chance of hitting my brother's place in North Florida. I wish we could change directions and send it my way. 20 or 25 inches would be welcome. But our time will come.

Finished Jeremiah Chapter 14. We have not quite reached draught conditions as the Jews did but we could use some rain. It will come

Especially if I am pulling the trigger.

Any of the D, use frozen hamburger patties? I like fresh ground round or chuck, but yesterday we decided we wanted a burger, didn't have any fresh, so I grilled some from Kroger, Private select Chuck and Brisket, best frozen hamburger I have ever had!!!
My wife bought some kind of frozen patties yesterday and I cooked them on the Blackstone but none of us cared for them. They had a weird tasting seasoning to them.

We're having a Taco Salad for lunch (MIL's favorite). It's a little different and had never had it before I met the Mrs...and have never had it quite like this anywhere else.

So here goes...from memory.

Brown ground beef. When brown put in taco seasoning (follow instructions on package as to amount of water, etc).
Dice onions, Shred lettuce.
When hamburger/taco mix is cooking put in can of red kidney beans (or how much you want) just so they can warm up. Don't put in when mix is boiling per instructions on package...don't want them mushy, just warmed up.
Pour hamburger/taco/bean mix in large bowl.
Mix in cheese (we use cheddar...guess you could use others like Mexican, 3 cheese, etc) One 8 oz package I believe.
Mix in salsa (amount to taste...she normally does small jar)
Mix in Western dressing...again to taste....maybe small jar, or bit less (Western is hard to find in some areas of the country)
Mix in onions and lettuce
Add crushed Doritos....again to taste. Sometimes I like mine plain and will add chips myself so they won't get a bit mushy sitting in the large bowl. And sometimes we'll put crushed tortilla chips instead of Doritos, but prefer Doritos.

The Doritos and Western dressing makes it different....and good.

Good Friday morning

I wish I could have found that mug for my 90-year old father for Father's Day. Watching Gunsmoke is his favorite activity.

And who can blame him? Good writing, for the most part. An appealing cast. Terrific guest stars. A setting in an exciting time and place, and a recognizable moral code to everyone's behavior. Odd that has become such a difficult formula for today's television shows to reproduce.

I wish I could have found that mug for my 90-year old father for Father's Day. Watching Gunsmoke is his favorite activity.

And who can blame him? Good writing, for the most part. An appealing cast. Terrific guest stars. A setting in an exciting time and place, and a recognizable moral code to everyone's behavior. Odd that has become such a difficult formula for today's television shows to reproduce.
I have said for a while that reality TV and social media was the downfall of society. Now people say and do anything to be famous and TV producers will try to make a show of it.

Good late morning to you all... I slept in until 8:30. Up now and getting ready to hit Fort Belvoir. (At least the commissary and PX and probably Burger King.)

Oh, May God's love shine on you brighter than any sun known to man. May Heavenly Sunlight shine on all your days today. God Bless you all...

We're having a Taco Salad for lunch (MIL's favorite). It's a little different and had never had it before I met the Mrs...and have never had it quite like this anywhere else.

So here goes...from memory.

Brown ground beef. When brown put in taco seasoning (follow instructions on package as to amount of water, etc).
Dice onions, Shred lettuce.
When hamburger/taco mix is cooking put in can of red kidney beans (or how much you want) just so they can warm up. Don't put in when mix is boiling per instructions on package...don't want them mushy, just warmed up.
Pour hamburger/taco/bean mix in large bowl.
Mix in cheese (we use cheddar...guess you could use others like Mexican, 3 cheese, etc) One 8 oz package I believe.
Mix in salsa (amount to taste...she normally does small jar)
Mix in Western dressing...again to taste....maybe small jar, or bit less (Western is hard to find in some areas of the country)
Mix in onions and lettuce
Add crushed Doritos....again to taste. Sometimes I like mine plain and will add chips myself so they won't get a bit mushy sitting in the large bowl. And sometimes we'll put crushed tortilla chips instead of Doritos, but prefer Doritos.

The Doritos and Western dressing makes it different....and good.
Mrs. M's favorite dressing, get it at Kroger

My wife bought some kind of frozen patties yesterday and I cooked them on the Blackstone but none of us cared for them. They had a weird tasting seasoning to them.
We have bought the 80/20 frozen angus burgers at Sam's Club for years........best "frozen" burger for my money......when it comes to fresh patties we seldom use beef.......duck or rabbit are used most often........

I am sure every D, has fixed this one

1- Large ground round or ground chuck patty
1-onion
1-large tater
1-green pepper
mushrooms

Pat out hamburger and place it on a large piece of foil
Put your favorite seasoning, BBQ sauce on patty
Slice up the taters, onions put it on the patty
Add your peppers and mushrooms
Fix the foil where you have a tight seal around the meal
Cook on 350 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours
When done open up one end of the foil and drain the grease out of it and serve!!!
Enjoy- Cord!!!!

Sometimes we have to write our initials on the foil when we have family over so we know who's is who's!!!!

About time... All I can think of is Sushi Gizzards.... Dang I'm sick ...

(May have to go ahead and eat a gizzard to quit thinking about them...)
Well if you were in shouting distance you could join me. It is Father's Day Sunday so my wife will be "air frying" up a mess of chicken gizzards, maybe throw in a few turkey gizzards too.

We have never air fried gizzards so I am anxious to see how they turn out. You can't mess up a gizzard.

Good morning D, really humid out this morning, think I will practice being retired today!!!!

Dishes done, pimento cheese made, may clean house some we'll see.

Going to put a couple recipes on here today if that's ok

I hope the D, has a great day, stay safe, drink plenty and Prayers for the D!!!!!
Keep them coming, Cord. They are great reading and I can't wait to try a few that I have not had before.

I met my brother for lunch down in Brooksville and we had the Shrimp and Grits. I have had shrimp & grits all over the South and everyone seems to have their own recipe. This one is a little different. They use tomato gravy and bacon and make a grit cake.

This is not your typical touristy place to eat. It is down home food that goes back generations. It is off the beaten path.

https://www.floridacrackerkitchen.com/

World Famous 10,000 Island Shrimp & Grits​

Our version, crispy grit cakes with fresh shrimp, sauteed with Granny’s Tomato Gravy & bacon.

img-breakfast-shrimp-grits.jpg

Went to Moore OK just southeast of OKC this morning with my friend who is Thai because he needed a ride to his medical appointment. His vehicle is in the shop so...
We stopped off for lunch at a Thai restaurant there and it was the best Thai food I have eaten yet. We usually try Thai restaurants when we are out and about and he knows the better ones. My daughter has gone with us a couple of times and wishes she had went today (still asleep when he ask) because she loves the food. I brought her some back and she will eat it but wants to go next time. On the way back I took a different route through Norman OK and a shorter way back avoiding the major toll roads and getting us back about 5 minutes or so slower than the time it took to get there but, saving about $6.00 on tolls. Had I known what portion of Moore he was going to I would have taken that route there saving $12.00 on tolls. As we took the shorter but slower route he says "Man you white guys sure know how to get around".

Had me laughing on that one.

Went to Moore OK just southeast of OKC this morning with my friend who is Thai because he needed a ride to his medical appointment. His vehicle is in the shop so...
We stopped off for lunch at a Thai restaurant there and it was the best Thai food I have eaten yet. We usually try Thai restaurants when we are out and about and he knows the better ones. My daughter has gone with us a couple of times and wishes she had went today (still asleep when he ask) because she loves the food. I brought her some back and she will eat it but wants to go next time. On the way back I took a different route through Norman OK and a shorter way back avoiding the major toll roads and getting us back about 5 minutes or so slower than the time it took to get there but, saving about $6.00 on tolls. Had I known what portion of Moore he was going to I would have taken that route there saving $12.00 on tolls. As we took the shorter but slower route he says "Man you white guys sure know how to get around".

Had me laughing on that one.
You have to save every penny you can in this economy of Joe Biden. Today I saw something that blew me away. A Marathon station had their signs out and unleaded (87) was being sold for two different prices. 1) cash-$2.96 a gallon and 2) credit $3.96 a gallon. A dollar more for credit. This was the highest price I have seen in years and fortunately none of the other stations approached that. Most were in the $2.25-$2.40 range.

Then we visited a local store that sells solid wood Adirondack lawn chairs. When Trump was President they ran about $225 a chair but now are $375. Same chair. They are made locally and the reason for the increase is the cost of lumber. It was the same for other products. They sell an iron fire pit and it had almost doubled in price. The merchant told me he wouldn't even pay those prices but with the cost of raw materials through the roof he had no choice but to price them like that. I am afraid it is going to get much worse when the inventories of the merchants starts running out. Their new inventory will be out of sight.
Laguna-Poly-Outdoor-Patio-Adirondack-Eco-Friendly-Chair.jpg

You have to save every penny you can in this economy of Joe Biden. Today I saw something that blew me away. A Marathon station had their signs out and unleaded (87) was being sold for two different prices. 1) cash-$2.96 a gallon and 2) credit $3.96 a gallon. A dollar more for credit. This was the highest price I have seen in years and fortunately none of the other stations approached that. Most were in the $2.25-$2.40 range.

Then we visited a local store that sells solid wood Adirondack lawn chairs. When Trump was President they ran about $225 a chair but now are $375. Same chair. They are made locally and the reason for the increase is the cost of lumber. It was the same for other products. They sell an iron fire pit and it had almost doubled in price. The merchant told me he wouldn't even pay those prices but with the cost of raw materials through the roof he had no choice but to price them like that. I am afraid it is going to get much worse when the inventories of the merchants starts running out. Their new inventory will be out of sight.
Laguna-Poly-Outdoor-Patio-Adirondack-Eco-Friendly-Chair.jpg
That's the reason why we're holding off on our kitchen remodel. At least that's the excuse I'm using on my wife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT