ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Ok this is my last one for this week and I have no idea where my MOM came up with the name for this one!!!! Another all in one meal

Shipwreck

6 - Potatoes cubed up
1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck or beef- brown and drain
1 - Small onion- cook in beef
1 - Can chili beans
1 - Can tomato soup
1 - Beef cube
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup instant rice

Layer the bottom of a baking dish with the potatoes- spray dish with Pam first
Chop up the onion and layer on potato's- if you don't cook in the beef
Pour chili beans next over potatoes
Dissolve the beef cube in the 1/2 cup of water- save this for a minute
Put hamburger over beans
Dilute the tomato soup with the beef broth
Put the 1/2 cup of rice over the beef
Pour the diluted tomato soup over all of it
Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes - I always start checking on it after about 30 minutes

Enjoy- Cord!!

That's the reason why we're holding off on our kitchen remodel. At least that's the excuse I'm using on my wife.
I have one bathroom that needs a total remodel, another bathroom that needs an update in the flooring and a third bathroom that needs new shower doors and commode. I waited one year too long to have it done.

I decided to save money and pay cash and now I have enough cash to have done it all a year ago but now I need to add 20 or 25%. So I put it on a very long hold unless something happens. Do people understand what is going on?

Well if you were in shouting distance you could join me. It is Father's Day Sunday so my wife will be "air frying" up a mess of chicken gizzards, maybe throw in a few turkey gizzards too.

We have never air fried gizzards so I am anxious to see how they turn out. You can't mess up a gizzard.
I do not doubt that for a second Sir.

But, get the brother on here to send you some Groundhog gizzards and call it a day. 🤣 (Heck, they be fresh too...)

Built my Darling a small grape arbor a couple years ago.

We have squatters, I can't kick them out due to the renter's China Virus embargo.

Seems to be a mother and her two eggs. (Can't be sure it is a mother, it may be a father or an "It" of some sort.)( I must caveat my statement so I do not open myself up for a lawsuit of some sort. I know PETA is itching to sue.)

Also, I'm not prejudiced, the bird just happens to look white. It is a black bird, or red bird, or a blue bird, with the identity gender confusion I have to be careful to not miss-identify...

196071969_4585141634832714_4111620311952973177_n.jpg

Good Friday morning

Local Weather Report: We have 72° with partly cloudy skies with a 17% chance of rain this afternoon. Our high will be 85°. We have a Tropical Depression forming in the Gulf that has a chance of hitting my brother's place in North Florida. I wish we could change directions and send it my way. 20 or 25 inches would be welcome. But our time will come.

Finished Jeremiah Chapter 14. We have not quite reached draught conditions as the Jews did but we could use some rain. It will come

0_550x550_Back_Color-White.jpg
Now you need a coffee pot like this to go with it:

enamelcoffeepots1.jpg

That's the reason why we're holding off on our kitchen remodel. At least that's the excuse I'm using on my wife.
That's my way of thinking. The Mrs is a total opposite....she says buy/do it now because (especially with Biden) it's not going to get cheaper.
I have one bathroom that needs a total remodel, another bathroom that needs an update in the flooring and a third bathroom that needs new shower doors and commode. I waited one year too long to have it done.

I decided to save money and pay cash and now I have enough cash to have done it all a year ago but now I need to add 20 or 25%. So I put it on a very long hold unless something happens. Do people understand what is going on?
Back in the Fall of '19 we were looking at campers. We liked a few but couldn't agree on which one. She wanted a slide out...me, not so much....something else that could go wrong/leak/etc. Plus I was trying to figure out if I wanted to just go ahead and pay cash for it (we're debt free and will stay that way), or finance it (if some don't know, you can finance a camper for, I think 12 years, so payments are nothing). So I decided to hold off, think about it during the Winter, and get back to it in the Spring. Then Covid hit. Price of campers have gone up from 25-30% to close to double.
So I decided to pass and just stay with what I've got. But, again, the Mrs is right....once the price goes up they're not coming down.

Heck,
I was throwing away an old pallet I had in my garage and brought it out in my driveway and a dud stopped and offered me $50.00 for it.....I put it on ebay!!!
Years ago I collected a bunch of pallets for woodworking. Heck...free lumber. Mostly oak.
Have you ever tried to get those suckers apart? I guess it's the kind of nails they use but I would think it would be easier wrestling with a bear. Got a few apart....and gave up.

@AustinTXCat ... not quite in Austin, but coming your way. Haven't ate there for years (none up this way) but when I lived in Georgia I loved their chicken.

Looks like some good 'ol boys just off the ranch are operating them 😊

'Its latest deals feature experienced quick-service operators. Sajib Singha and Asish Baidya of SAT Restaurant Group have partnered on a number of quick-service deals while Khalid Siddiqui of LASH has been a franchisee of Yum Brands and Dairy Queen.'

I met my brother for lunch down in Brooksville and we had the Shrimp and Grits. I have had shrimp & grits all over the South and everyone seems to have their own recipe. This one is a little different. They use tomato gravy and bacon and make a grit cake.

This is not your typical touristy place to eat. It is down home food that goes back generations. It is off the beaten path.

https://www.floridacrackerkitchen.com/

World Famous 10,000 Island Shrimp & Grits​

Our version, crispy grit cakes with fresh shrimp, sauteed with Granny’s Tomato Gravy & bacon.

img-breakfast-shrimp-grits.jpg
Dang that looks good.

Having made my living on the railroad in Sales and Marketing and having studied economics at Louisville, North Florida and Johns Hopkins I think I understand economics.

The answer is:

We have the dumbest bastard as President in our history.

He is a retard, pure and simple.

@AustinTXCat ... not quite in Austin, but coming your way. Haven't ate there for years (none up this way) but when I lived in Georgia I loved their chicken.

Looks like some good 'ol boys just off the ranch are operating them 😊

'Its latest deals feature experienced quick-service operators. Sajib Singha and Asish Baidya of SAT Restaurant Group have partnered on a number of quick-service deals while Khalid Siddiqui of LASH has been a franchisee of Yum Brands and Dairy Queen.'
Great news. Thanks. I love Bojangles. Always visit Knoxville location at least once when back home.

Having made my living on the railroad in Sales and Marketing and having studied economics at Louisville, North Florida and Johns Hopkins I think I understand economics.

The answer is:

We have the dumbest bastard as President in our history.

He is a retard, pure and simple.
He needs to be in a nursing home, not the White House.

Good Saturday Morning

The weather report for today shows a current temperature of 74° with the Wind South East at 6 mph. Our chance of rain this afternoon will be 17% with a humidity of 86%. We will have plenty of sunshine as we get up to 86°. It looks as if Claudette has missed us and wasn't strong enough to send storms out our way. Maybe next time.

Not much going on today. My brother is in the area visiting my niece and he will drop by on his way back home to pick up a nice Webber grill I am giving to my nephew. The Ole Boy has been a good one over the years but I am down sizing on a daily basis and he can put it to good use. I have cooked every thing imaginable on that grill and always cranked her up during a football game or basketball game. I am glad it is staying in the family.

Y'all have a great day.

enhance

Last edited:
Listening to the radio and Fish and Wildlife will be releasing 20,000 small spotted Seatrout into the Gulf this weekend. They will be about 7-10 inches but get a lot bigger. They are a very good eating fish. One of my favorites.

I always like stories like this because it means the waters are healthy and productive. A few years ago they seeded huge oyster beds and they should be producing in a couple of years. It take about 5 years to get them good and settled and ready to harvest.

trout-small.jpg

A good wet Saturday morning to all from the Buckeye State. Storms everywhere yesterday afternoon/night. Blessed by the Lord that my little 'neck of the woods' was spared any damaging hail, winds, etc. Couple tornadoes around and I saw where one town had hail 2.5 inches in diameter. That will do some damage.

Had a great Father's Day weekend surprise last night that the Mrs has known about for a few weeks. My oldest son popped in from Nashville. On vacation this next week so he's up for a week. So, imagine we'll be busy just running here and there....other than today....lots of rain everywhere including the entire state of Indiana.

Y'all have a good Saturday.

Morning folks. It is a sunny morning here with a temp of 71.8°F and supposed to get to 91 this afternoon. It got really warm yesterday also, but I re-mowed the yard to get it back down to 3.5". We could use some of Ohio Colonels rain.

Arizona company today. I don't know exactly what time but probably this afternoon. Maybe 91° will feel cool for them based on what they are getting.

Happy Saturday D-League. I hope everyone is having a good morning. Took a long hike this morning, taking a break before doing a few chores around the house.

I read Oscar Tschiebwe is in Lexington, completing the team until Davion does or doesn't decide to return. Apparently he had some hair-raising story of getting out of the Congo involving a volcano and other impediments.

Been listening to a lot of early George Jones lately. Here's one for the D-League:

This is a Submarine Watching Tower that was constructed during WWII used to sight and observe Nazi submarines off of the coast. It is the last one still standing in Florida. I believe a total of 1,500 were constructed up and down the Eastern Seaboard but we only have this one still standing down here. It is located near Ormond Beach on the Atlantic side.

I wonder if the WOKE folks will want it torn down.

199709812_10158753965883577_3410921255422244110_n.jpg

This is a Submarine Watching Tower that was constructed during WWII used to sight and observe Nazi submarines off of the coast. It is the last one still standing in Florida. I believe a total of 1,500 were constructed up and down the Eastern Seaboard but we only have this one still standing down here. It is located near Ormond Beach on the Atlantic side.

Very cool Sawnee. They have those at the stretch of Delaware Beach we vacation at every summer. The U-Boats apparently sank ships close enough off shore there that the locals could see the burning freighters. Must have made it all seem real.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F. Today's high predicted for around 96°F.

Wife just mentioned breakfast, so I may make a run here in a few. Plan on mowing grass before outside temps get too hot.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-martini-day.jpg
The closest I will come to indulging in that will be eating the olive!!!!!

Good late morning all,
A busy day in the hood. Going to go eat early for fathers day with my eldest paying this time. Ate with my youngest paying last Saturday. I need to drink some coffee though.

Oh, God bless your endeavors today to where you reap the benefit of an everlasting life. God Bless you all.

We had a bunch of them in Kentucky, but the mountains got in the way of seeing the subs. o_O

Well if you were in shouting distance you could join me. It is Father's Day Sunday so my wife will be "air frying" up a mess of chicken gizzards, maybe throw in a few turkey gizzards too.

We have never air fried gizzards so I am anxious to see how they turn out. You can't mess up a gizzard.
The Director cooks them in a pressure cooker for a few minutes before she fries them..........they are as tender as a MIL's heart........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT