ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

IMG_4318.JPG

Hello,

Any news on several posters I have not seen post in several days. (Seems it's been a week or more now.) That is not common, I know people have their lives too but what I am seeing has never been normal here since I have been posting... (I showered and washed my hands before posting to be sure it wasn't BO PO (Post Odor.))

Oh, May God's protection be your armor and shield in all your journey's. God Bless you all...​
Summer dog is always slow. Personally, the new normal of continuous chaos, not being conducive to the complacent joys of entertainment jerking folks around doesn't help either.
2262859_1a974453.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Here is my favorite, Southwest Chicken

2- Cups crushed Cheez-it crackers- more about this later
2- Tablespoons of Taco Seasoning- more later
6- Boneless chicken breast- We cut the chicken in chunks, like it better this way and cooks quicker
1/2 cup melted butter
Favorite shredded cheese

Combine crushed crackers and taco seasoning in a gallon storage bag
Melt butter in a pot and keep warm
Place pieces of chicken in the melted butter
Place butter coated chicken in the cracker and Taco mixture in bag and shake to coat good
Place chicken in a baking pan, we line it in foil and spray with Pam
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, we always check just to make sure it's done
About 5 minutes before you think it's done, remove and put your favorite cheese on chicken, cook for 5 minutes

Now about the Cheez-it crackers, we have used the regular Cheez-it and the Bacon cheddar flavored both are good. Don't know about the jalapeno flavored ones, because I don't like spicy stuff.

The taco seasoning, if you like it spicier add more than 2 tablespoons

One thing I have found out when making this is, keeping the butter warm, because if you melt the butter in a bowl, the cool chicken make the butter gel up and it's hard to coat the chicken real good, so keeping the butter warm let's you coat it better

Also I use more than 2 cups of Cheez-it crackers, because when I get done with coating all the chicken, I put what's left of the cracker and taco mixture on the chicken, because it is really good, kind of like what's let from fish and chips. Any questions just ask me! Enjoy- Cord!!

Morning Legionnaires!

Headed for the Medicine Park creek walk in that rustic old town with in laws. Temp today will approach 100° but, that area has some trees along the walkway over the shops that will afford some cover. Getting out early too (around 10am) and will eat lunch there before heading back to my house for whatever they want to do until evening where me, my wife and daughter will head to Red Lobster. Not sure they want to go but, FIL will have to pay if he goes. We have been paying for everything so far and he has made it clear he wants to pay for something so, the anniversary dinner should make up for most of it.

It has been a staycation for me and the family since the FIL has come. Originally my wife was hesitant to take the week off thinking it would be a waste but said yesterday that she has actually enjoyed the resting days in between the days her father comes over. No fishing for me this week :( because the days they come over are between the days that I teach my one and only Karate student so, no time. I would have normally canceled a week like this with family visiting but, she is preparing for her first ever tournament happening next Saturday so...I must help her prepare.

Hope the day finds all well android for the hurting, God's hands be on you.
Happy 21st Anniversary Warrior.

tenor.gif

A brand-new new soccer stadium opened here in Austin located just 2 miles from our place. Facility opens tonight with a game between Nigeria and US National Women's Team. Our new team plays this coming Saturday. Drove by earlier for food pick-up at Catfish Parlor. Traffic = crazy.
Have you ever watched the World Cup?

People haven't seen passionate fans, until they watch a soccer game. I'm going to try and watch some Euro Cup this weekend.
I attended a few Bundesliga games in the 80s. Those fans are extremely passionate. Brits were the biggest hooligans in Europe back then. They started fires and basically terrorized foreign towns during and after matches. Rode a bus with some some British guys out of London who planned on attending a football match in Antwerp back during summer, 2010. Dudes acted nuts. Even other Brits apologized for those fans after they got off our bus.

I attended a few Bundesliga games in the 80s. Those fans are extremely passionate. Brits were the biggest hooligans in Europe back then. They started fires and basically terrorized foreign towns during and after matches. Rode a bus with some some British guys out of London who planned on attending a football match in Antwerp back during summer, 2010. Dudes acted nuts. Even other Brits apologized for those fans after they got off our bus.
I've always heard that the British had the craziest fans. Some of the chants they use during Premier League games are actually quite funny.

Merry Christmas everyone...

(So what, I like Christmas...)

Fanatical futbol fans? I was in Bogota on assignment in 1994 when the US upset the Colombians in the World Cup after a Colombian player made an own goal. As you may remember, they killed that guy when he got back home.

I was out to dinner at a sports bar with a Colombian woman who was working in the US embassy in Bogota the night that game was played. I started cheering for the US - and I noticed some ugly looks. Suddenly the woman I was with said, “we gotta go” and hustled me out of the place. When we were back at her place she said she overheard guys saying they should kill the gringo. Probably just big talkers. But better safe than sorry I suppose.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and clear. Our high should top out around 98°F.

Air conditioning service required yesterday. $486 for adding a pound of refrigerant resulted in little difference as far as our interior temps are concerned. We've got an air duct leak somewhere.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design14.jpg

Spent a lot of time in Antwerp and Brussels. Was working with Belgian soldiers when I was in the 4th USAFAD in the mid 80's. Many times we went to the field we would convoy to Belgium to do it. A week to 2 weeks at a time and they would allow their soldiers take a couple of days off (sometimes more) during the week to let the Belgian soldiers go home to visit family. We were invited many times and my moto was "when in Rome". We never had an officer on my team because of a shortage of officers then so, I was the A side and my assistant team chief was the B side so, I made all of the decisions whether to stay encamped or let my guys go with the Belgian soldiers to their homes. Only rule was if they got in trouble and it got back to the unit it was because they snuck out. Had good guys and never had a problem. I was the only one who almost got in trouble but, that is a story for another day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and clear. Our high should top out around 98°F.

Air conditioning service required yesterday. $486 for adding a pound of refrigerant resulted in little difference as far as our interior temps are concerned. We've got an air duct leak somewhere.

befunky-design14.jpg
Did my air conditioning service last month. $750.00.

Apple strudel day eh? My wife just ordered apple fritters from Walmart for me to pick up when I go out to train my student. That will have to do.

Another cool morning in the Buckeye State...but heading up to the mid-80s. I would take this kind of weather year round.

On the docket...same as about any other day this time of year....outside and/or yard work. Haven't been over for a few days to check the garden so I'll take a stroll to see how it's doing. Working on a small project on one of the porches, and of course I could get out a mower and do a little manicuring. So...I'll just roll with the day and do whatever comes up/what I feel like. Dog sitting day as well while the Mrs goes over to a friends and takes a dip in the pool.

Y'all have a good Thursday.

Good morning D, beautiful day here in the Berg, going to have to mow today, heavy dews at night sure makes the grass grow!!!!!

Love the Celtic Women, was reading that the lady that plays the Violin has left the group for a solo career, don't know if true, but she sure is good!!! Started that video last night and Mrs. M said, you watching the Celtic Women, I just said yep!!!! Their music is awesome, but they are doing all that dancing in heels! Easy to look at too!!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!!

Trying to decide whether to post an all in one meal or a dessert.

Still no computer. They replaced the hard drive and it worked once when I got it home, and then did the same thing as before. Back in again and this is the final time. They said if they can’t get it repaired this time they will refund my money and call it a day. Leaving on vacation early Saturday so I don’t really need one for awhile, anyway. Guess I will order another while I am away so that it gets delivered right after I return. I like Dell. Any suggestions?

Sorry SC I hit the wrong number, read 10 yesterday 11 this morning. It's like he is talking to us today, same stuff going on!!!
Thanks cordmaker,

Finished with breakfast and read Jeremiah 11 and 12 and for good measure 13. I enjoy Jeremiah and it is an example of "if you don't know and teach history you will repeat it." In this case it is the Word of God because the world today seems to be repeating what happen in ancient Israel.

Still no computer. They replaced the hard drive and it worked once when I got it home, and then did the same thing as before. Back in again and this is the final time. They said if they can’t get it repaired this time they will refund my money and call it a day. Leaving on vacation early Saturday so I don’t really need one for awhile, anyway. Guess I will order another while I am away so that it gets delivered right after I return. I like Dell. Any suggestions?

I like Dell too Sir BUT, I just received a new Dell work laptop a month and a half ago. It sure runs hot. (It is a high-end laptop too.) I noticed some other Dell computers running a lot hotter than comparable HP laptops the past couple years.(Hot used to be bad for computers.) (I like HP servers better than Dell but I have always preferred Dell laptops but now I am not so sure. I bought an HP laptop about a year ago and it has worked well. I ended up giving it to my oldest daughter to use in some work she needed it for but she abused it while I observed. I just gave it to her to keep. I liked that laptop too but it was really used when she wanted to return it.

I am looking at another HP but the one I bought and gave to my daughter doesn't seem to be available anymore at the price I got it.

If you are a Sam's or Costco customer it may be worth it to look online first as they should be having some decent deals right about now. That is how I bought the last one. Got it for about half off.

Oh, God Bless you all and may this day provide your needs. May your needs be few and your abundance plentiful....

befunky-design14.jpg

Am eating an apple and I like strudel. As close as I can get today but it was a good apple. cafe' pour some more... (Or cafe por favor)

Last edited:
I like Dell too Sir BUT, I just received a new Dell work laptop a month and a half ago. It sure runs hot. (It is a high-end laptop too.) I noticed some other Dell computers running a lot hotter than comparable HP laptops the past couple years.(Hot used to be bad for computers.) (I like HP servers better than Dell but I have always preferred Dell laptops but now I am not so sure. I bought an HP laptop about a year ago and it has worked well. I ended up giving it to my oldest daughter to use in some work she needed it for but she abused it while I observed. I just gave it to her to keep. I liked that laptop too but it was really used when she wanted to return it.

I am looking at another HP but the one I bought and gave to my daughter doesn't seem to be available anymore at the price I got it.

If you are a Sam's or Costco customer it may be worth it to look online first as they should be having some decent deals right about now. That is how I bought the last one. Got it for about half off.

Oh, God Bless you all and may this day provide your needs. May your needs be few and your abundance plentiful....
I had bad luck with the only HP I had. This Dell has been a great unit. I brought it home with me when I retired and it is about 10 years old. I may buy another just like it. It is pretty high-end with a price of around $1400 for a new one , but I can get a refurbished, with a year warranty, for about $500. This is probably what I do.

Good Thursday morning

We have a pleasant 71° and sunny, the high is forecast to reach 83°. Possible thunderstorms which we welcome.

Are any of you interpreters of dreams? I had a strange one last night. I was out back and was attacked by a very large panther. I managed to get him under me and pinned to the ground but I knew it was a matter of seconds before he would be in command of this scuffle. So in my mind and dream and thought I have to hit him in the nose NOW. So I swung my right fist and busted him in the nose and then I hit him just as hard with my left fist.

But in real life I swung and hit a very hard wooden night stand by my bed and it made such a loud noise that I woke up my wife. Now I have two bruised hands. So what is the message in this dream? Any clues? Old men will dream dreams and young men will have visions or is it the other way around?

He looked like this and he wanted me for supper

iu

U need a solid-state drive computer. Faster, more reliable. And yes, u'll pay a premium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT