ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Presume you'll get no line progressives. I really can't tell they change top to bottom (Or is it bottom to top?) unless I deliberately hold them up & look at the difference. Being nearsighted, my bottoms are like 60% the strength of the top/distance correction.
No I just got traditional bifocals for reading. I got another pair of "distance only" for day-to-day usage. For me it's the best of both worlds. I'd rather switch between glasses than have an "all-in-one" solution. Call me crazy. Now the prescription sunglasses are amazing. Life changing. BTW, my wife got 2 pair of the digital progressives that should be ready in a few weeks. I'm interested in seeing how she adapts to them.

We've been on 3 cruises and the only one I'd ever go on again is the Alaskan.

royal-caribbean-cruises-ovation-160-1-HeroSubPage.jpg

Me supper...

200206151_4566166286730249_4606551852373557262_n.jpg

Diced up beef, pork loin, onions, garlic, home made dumplings, mushrooms, squash, and an egg with a little black pepper... I am thankful.... This was Uncle Jed edible...(In a Jethro type bowl...) I ate it...

Last edited:
198845223_4501069829912760_4686800832849850139_n.jpg

May 26, 1907 - June 11, 1979
🤠
This day 42 years ago the world lost John Wayne to cancer and today we remember his life & legacy. In honor of the Duke, what is your favorite thing about John Wayne? #JohnWayne
(photo by John Hamilton Collection)

Note to self: I graduated High School on this day 42 years ago....

Good... morning, D-L!

Just got back from a vacation and wanted to say that I missed y'all but I needed a break from the electronic devices as much as anything else. Hope y'all had a great week and are properly prepared for the weekend!

The visit by the FIL was a lot better than the last one of 1999. He brought me a new Bible, The Warriors Bible (fitting ;) ). He has one too since he is a Vietnam Vet (has a 100% disability rating). He wore his Vietnam Viet hat during his visit I guess to break the ice. He did some talking about his time on LRP's (Long Range Patrols) and eating LRPS (Long Range Patrol Supplements). I told him I was not a fan of LRP's because of them being dehydrated and requiring water to reconstitute. They were perfect however for LRPS because of being dehydrated and light.

Found out he is a very staunch conservative and hated what is going on in this country. That sparked a good conversation as well and we traded information on the state of affairs of the country. He lives in Florida and says it is much better there. He also like many of the same old movies as me and was surprised how much I know about the actors and who played in these old movies and shows. Don't think it registered that I am only 11 years younger than him.

Overall a pretty good visit. If he had of taken the time in 99 he would have found that out too. The most promising part is that he is asking his X (my MIL) to go back to live with him in Florida and his son as well. Offered to buy his son a Chevy Silverado (Which he wants) if he would. So far his son says no but, I hope he changes his mind. MIL says she will not go unless son goes and then I am not sure she will anyway. The house with all of those cats will have to be cleaned up and turned back over to the owners to either demolish and rebuild or try to salvage it. Fingers Crossed and locked in place.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 75°F and hazy. Expecting 94°F for today's high.

Lots on today's agenda. Morning walk in a few. Must take our pup for a routine check-up at the vet. After vet visit, plan on going into work and cleaning up a few things in anticipation of return to the office in a couple months.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

ce74199c3d5e92d5974eb3a6f51916d5.png

Good morning to all. Going to be a hot one in the Buckeye State topping out close to 90 with some humidity.
Did a lot of mowing yesterday and contemplating to do more today or go on to other projects. Think I'll trim a row of shrubs...that about an all day job. Suckers are huge. I keep them trimmed buy it's easy to get out of hand. So now, even though I trim 3, 4, 5 times a Summer are about 7 feet high. Takes a 6 foot ladder, or my Little Giant, to do it. Had to buy a hedge trimmer with an expanding pole a few years ago and that made it much easier. But still tiring in that with the trimmer...all the weight is at the far end of the expanding pole. But still better.
So I'll probably do that. Try to get it done before the afternoon heat really hits.

Y'all have a good Saturday.

Good Saturday Morning

This is big breakfast day at my house and has been a tradition most of my life. No cereals or muffins today. Just finished reading Jeremiah 7. This book of the Bible reminds me so much of the condition of America today. When will we ever learn?

As for our weather, it is 71° and very sunny and should reach 86° this afternoon. Looking in the future there is some activity in the Gulf that may bring us some much need heavy rain by tomorrow and Monday.

I have a little yard work that is over due so I might tackle that. It will work off my Saturday breakfast. I trust all are well and have a great weekend.

Some days I really miss the Old Home Place. No air conditioning, no heat, no window screens and no worries. Simple times. But those citrus trees produced some very fine fruit.

200034249_4142388999147478_3679307645899698992_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished reading Jeremiah 7. This book of the Bible reminds me so much of the condition of America today. When will we ever learn?
The bible I use the most (probably have 10-12 in all...some different translations) is The Nelson Study Bible NKJV.
As it breaks up passages/verses it sub titles them. At the beginning of Ch 7 it says 'Trusting in Lying Words' and since the book is prophecy and warnings to Israel of how they're off the track, and impending destruction....when I saw that sub title I thought...this chapter must have Biden and the Dems in it 😟

Good morning D-League. Cool and cloudy in the east - good walking weather. I've been tramping around since 5:30, and now having a cup of coffee and catching up.

I just talked with my mother in Kentucky and my son drove up from Lexington this morning to surprise them. It felt a little bittersweet to think of them all around that breakfast table, my 90-yr old dad and 85-year-old mom, in the house we moved into in 1965, and not be able to be part of it. But I was glad they could all be together.

Heading out to lunch in a bit with a couple friends, mostly friends of my wife back to her days at the University of Maryland, but I like them well enough. The husband of the couple was a history professor at St. Joe's in Philadelphia, and has written a couple obscure books about Lincoln. That's a period of history I'm interested in, so he generally can come up with some unusual trivia I didn't know about. Worst case scenario, I recall the place we're going to has good french onion soup.

I hope it's a good Saturday for the D-League.

198845223_4501069829912760_4686800832849850139_n.jpg

May 26, 1907 - June 11, 1979
🤠
This day 42 years ago the world lost John Wayne to cancer and today we remember his life & legacy. In honor of the Duke, what is your favorite thing about John Wayne? #JohnWayne
(photo by John Hamilton Collection)

Note to self: I graduated High School on this day 42 years ago....
Orange County John Wayne Airport statue.

Good Thursday moring

Sausage is frying and the sun is up. Our temperature is 75° and wind South South East at 4 mph with a humidity of 82%. Chances of rain are 15% and the high will reach 86° by midafternoon. That is a nice beach day or just boating around.

How many slept in the back window of the car when you were a kid. No seat belts and the cars had a lot of interior room. I had a brother and sister and when we were traveling and getting sleepy I had to go to the back window since I was the oldest. Is that child abuse today? Am I entitled to get reparations?

I trust all have a great day and are in good health.
198267237_10225966161009470_1555662037073025633_n.jpg
I did. Dad had 1940 Dodge coupe with wide shelf there. Battery was under passenger seat.

Last edited:
The visit by the FIL was a lot better than the last one of 1999. He brought me a new Bible, The Warriors Bible (fitting ;) ). He has one too since he is a Vietnam Vet (has a 100% disability rating). He wore his Vietnam Viet hat during his visit I guess to break the ice. He did some talking about his time on LRP's (Long Range Patrols) and eating LRPS (Long Range Patrol Supplements). I told him I was not a fan of LRP's because of them being dehydrated and requiring water to reconstitute. They were perfect however for LRPS because of being dehydrated and light.

Found out he is a very staunch conservative and hated what is going on in this country. That sparked a good conversation as well and we traded information on the state of affairs of the country. He lives in Florida and says it is much better there. He also like many of the same old movies as me and was surprised how much I know about the actors and who played in these old movies and shows. Don't think it registered that I am only 11 years younger than him.

Overall a pretty good visit. If he had of taken the time in 99 he would have found that out too. The most promising part is that he is asking his X (my MIL) to go back to live with him in Florida and his son as well. Offered to buy his son a Chevy Silverado (Which he wants) if he would. So far his son says no but, I hope he changes his mind. MIL says she will not go unless son goes and then I am not sure she will anyway. The house with all of those cats will have to be cleaned up and turned back over to the owners to either demolish and rebuild or try to salvage it. Fingers Crossed and locked in place.

Leave it to a refurbished (As in a reconstituted Civilian) DS to pick the path with the most resistance and succeed. A day in the life... Well Done Sir...

Oh, just finished off some biscuits and two overeasy eggs and am sipping coffee while my BOB Grandson tries to "egg" me into playing with him... (He wins...)

Oh, again...come unto me as a little child. Of such is the kingdom of heaven. God Bless you all...

Went fishing this morning and hooked 4 landed 3 but, nothing to write home about. Got hot quick so it was not a long fishing day. Yard work lingering but, think I will wait for clouds later this afternoon to keep the sun off of me. More high winds with hail and rain last night but no damage this time.

Ok here goes!!! Crock-pot lasagna

1lb ground beef- We use about 1 1/2 lbs we like it meaty! I also like to cook onions in too!
Lasagna Noodles
1 Jar spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, we use a 24oz container
1 1/2 cups, Mozzarella Cheese, we use a two cup package, we like it cheesy
Parmesan Cheese
Ok, Brown and drain the ground beef and onions
Spoon 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the crock-pot, We use a crock-pot liner, easy clean up
Mix the remaining spaghetti sauce with your ground beef and onions
Place two uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the spaghetti sauce in crock-pot
Sprinkle 1/3 of the meat mixture on top the noodles
Spread 3/4 cup of cottage cheese on the meat mixture
Sprinkle 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese over cottage cheese

Another layer noodles meat mixture, cottage cheese and Mozzarella
Add layers till finished
Add Parmesan cheese to last layer

Cook on low for 3 hours Hope you enjoy!!!! From the D League Cook Book!!!!

1lb ground beef- We use about 1 1/2 lbs we like it meaty! I also like to cook onions in too!
Lasagna Noodles
1 Jar spaghetti sauce
Parmesan Cheese
Spoon 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the crock-pot, We use a crock-pot liner, easy clean up

Add layers till finished

That is what we need. A D League cook book. We have quite a variety of food. Southern, Midwestern, Texan, Asia and who knows what else.

Now I am getting hungry and I hear somebody calling me to supper. I am not sure what is the main course but I smell apples frying. My wife is getting rid of some nice Granny Smith apples by frying them up. Good stuff.

Going to a mini family reunion today. The guy putting it on is a cousin I haven't seen since we were kids. I understand he is a retired Lt Colonel from the army.
I unintentionally lied to you guys. As I said, I hadn't seen him in years and what I found out from him today was even more exciting. He was retired army, but an NCO. He was at one time First Sgt for General David Petraeus.
Nice guy and he thinks the world of Petraeus. Special Forces guy. He knew (showed me pictures to prove it) several big shots.

Lasagna Noodles
1 Jar spaghetti sauce
Parmesan Cheese

Add layers till finished

As one of my favorite southern gentlemen would say, " Bless your pea pickin' heart".......

That is what we need. A D League cook book. We have quite a variety of food. Southern, Midwestern, Texan, Asia and who knows what else.

Now I am getting hungry and I hear somebody calling me to supper. I am not sure what is the main course but I smell apples frying. My wife is getting rid of some nice Granny Smith apples by frying them up. Good stuff.

My Darling, Grandson, and I are seated at Cracker Barrel waiting for our food. ;)

Black-eyed peas with pulled-pork sandwiches tonight. God I love black-eyed peas. Not for everyone. My MIL hates them but she hates everything. Evil woman (ELO).
When I first moved to Atlanta I found that Southerners (the good 'ol Southerners) have black eyed peas for New Years Day dinner. That, pork and 'greens' (and other things of their choice). Peas and greens are for good luck in the coming year financially....peas is coins and greens are dollars.
Had never heard of it till I moved there.

When I first moved to Atlanta I found that Southerners (the good 'ol Southerners) have black eyed peas for New Years Day dinner. That, pork and 'greens' (and other things of their choice). Peas and greens are for good luck in the coming year financially....peas is coins and greens are dollars.
Had never heard of it till I moved there.
I have had 'Hoppin' John" every New years Day of my life.

Good Sunday Morning

I trust all are well on this fine June morning. We are praying for some thunderstorms and it appears they may be in our future, possibly later this afternoon. I see them rolling in on radar. Currently we are at 81° with winds out of the west at 10 mph. Humidity is 73% and we have a UV Index 6 of 10. This afternoon's high will only get to 83° because of the clouds rolling in and thunderstorms they should be bringing.

Today we will have some homemade chicken and dumplings. A big fat hen is ready for the pot and of course for BBUK's sake the gizzard and liver are going to be right there with the chicken legs, breast, wings and thighs.

Meanwhile I finished Jeremiah 8. Have a great Lord's Day

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT