ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 70° and overcast, with thunderstorms and a high of 80° expected later today.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

e22788e712610b9b80659ac1ddfaf18f.jpg

Hope everyone has a good day and stays dry. My computer went down a few days ago and it looks like the motherboard is the culprit. So, I will probably have to purchase another laptop and I’ll not post much. This is from my phone, and I hate it.
Having a power button failure with mine so, I have kept it on 24/7 for the last week or so. Bought a new one the other day and will eventually start using it after transferring all data from this one.

Last edited:
Good Thursday moring

Sausage is frying and the sun is up. Our temperature is 75° and wind South South East at 4 mph with a humidity of 82%. Chances of rain are 15% and the high will reach 86° by midafternoon. That is a nice beach day or just boating around.

How many slept in the back window of the car when you were a kid. No seat belts and the cars had a lot of interior room. I had a brother and sister and when we were traveling and getting sleepy I had to go to the back window since I was the oldest. Is that child abuse today? Am I entitled to get reparations?

I trust all have a great day and are in good health.
198267237_10225966161009470_1555662037073025633_n.jpg

I fixed a Cornish Hen last night, not sure which way to fix it, but I used our Dutch Oven, melted butter in it, then cut up 2 onions, then put whole carrots on top of the onions, brown sugar, then put the Hen on top of that and cooked for 1-1/2 hours. Mrs. M thought it was delicious and wants to cook it again soon.
Any of the D, fixed it like this?
I have not, but I have always wanted to.

How many slept in the back window of the car when you were a kid. No seat belts and the cars had a lot of interior room. I had a brother and sister and when we were traveling and getting sleepy I had to go to the back window since I was the oldest. Is that child abuse today? Am I entitled to get reparations?
I did that too.

Morning all. Had an early eye doc appointment, so a late start to the day. Plus with all the eye drops in the old eyeballs no outside work today, because....can't see 😄 So today's a lay on the couch and watch TV/movie day. Probably watch a few westerns. Got Geronimo:American Legend on now.

Good Thursday moring

Sausage is frying and the sun is up. Our temperature is 75° and wind South South East at 4 mph with a humidity of 82%. Chances of rain are 15% and the high will reach 86° by midafternoon. That is a nice beach day or just boating around.

I trust all have a great day and are in good health.
198267237_10225966161009470_1555662037073025633_n.jpg
Yep...did that too. Things have gotten so goofy....my stepdaughter and her 2 rug rats are coming in later in the Summer for about a month (joy joy). They live in Seatlle and she's left leaning of course. Her youngest is about 8 now....and she wants to make sure that we have the car booster seat ready for when they're here. Its not a full baby car seat...but close. Just goofy....but of course some of these states now have laws where the kids have to be in a car seat until they're 25. 😉

We had a number of posts a few weeks ago about Lake Mead. Saw this just now....

Good morning D-League.

I just finished Jeremiah Chapter 6.

The temperature at present is 71° with Winds West at 9 mph. West winds give us Gulf Breezes. Chances of rain are about 11% by mid afternoon. The high should hit 84°. We will have plenty of sunshine.

We have been enjoying fresh corn on the cob (roasting ears at my house). Local farms have an abundant crop of Silver Queen which is one of my favorite varieties. I trust all have a great day and watch out for bicycles.

199555493_10225578487830974_7967582804137738381_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking morning in the Buckeye State. Mild with a bit lower humidity. Last day (in the forecast) for chance of showers/t-storms...but we got none yesterday when they were saying we were to get t-storms in the afternoon. But forecast for next couple of days is hot. Maybe 90 tomorrow.

Need to do a little mowing today. Hope the back holds up....been hurting every since I last got on the yard tractor.
Eye exam today. Getting my first bifocals. Ugh! Looking forward to my first prescription sunglasses though. Should make walking the canine more enjoyable.
I wear glasses on and off. Have script but normally don't wear them in the house or out working in the yard....but to read and drive. I had bifocals and hated them. Got rid of them and got no-line bifocals. Hated them. Got rid of them and got progressives (I think). Like them. Much easier to focus, refocus, etc.
Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F partly cloudy and hazy. 94°F looks like our high today.

Happy Friday, y'all!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

061119_-_National_German_Chocolate_Cake_Day_-_Social_1000x.png
Love, love german chocolate cake. My mom made the best (IMO...I'm biased).
Have never tried the boxed german chocolate mix, but have made just a boxed chocolate and iced it with the caramel pecan icing that Duncan Hines, etc have in their little premixed icing containers. Turns out pretty good.

Y'all have a good Friday.

Good morning D-League. Waking up early with these longest days of the year. I've already knocked off a long walk and a productive morning of work.
I feel like I'm ready to go back to bad.
Unfortunately, still a couple years from having that option.

Rainy and humid here. But at least it is Friday.
I hope it is a good day for everyone.

Good morning D, Read chapter 6 this morning!!! Who is coming from the north?

Supper was excellent, 3 cheese scrambled eggs, Velveeta, white American and mild cheddar in them!!!

Got a call from my son this morning, drunk driver decided to drive thru our church yard last night!!

Glad I mowed yesterday, had a slight window of opportunity to get er done before the next rain and made it by 10 minutes!!

I hope the D has a great day, Prayers for the D!!!!!

Good morning D-League.

I just finished Jeremiah Chapter 6.

The temperature at present is 71° with Winds West at 9 mph. West winds give us Gulf Breezes. Chances of rain are about 11% by mid afternoon. The high should hit 84°. We will have plenty of sunshine.

We have been enjoying fresh corn on the cobb (roasting ears at my house). Local farms have an abundant crop of Silver Queen which is one of my favorite varieties. I trust all have a great day and watch out for bicycles.

199555493_10225578487830974_7967582804137738381_n.jpg
Tires can be used as flotation devices so...

FIL will be coming over today for dinner. He got in town Tuesday and went to visit my MIL and BIL (his son) and my wife's cousins before coming here. Last and only time we met was November 1999 for Thanksgiving where our only conversation was "Hi, good to meet you" and that was it. He did not like me and did not want his daughter to marry me. :(;):rolleyes::cool: Gonna party like it's 1999. False.

FIL will be coming over today for dinner. He got in town Tuesday and went to visit my MIL and BIL (his son) and my wife's cousins before coming here. Last and only time we met was November 1999 for Thanksgiving where our only conversation was "Hi, good to meet you" and that was it. He did not like me and did not want his daughter to marry me. :(;):rolleyes::cool: Gonna party like it's 1999. False.
So, maybe I missed it. Did you decide to let him stay with you (although uninvited)?

Never get tired of watching High Plains drifter!!!!
See where Pale Rider is on Tubi....I think. And Beguiled.
Watched Josie Wales for the first time in a long time a week or so ago on Nexflix I think.
If I get lucky and it rains this afternoon (doesn't look like it but one can wish) maybe I'll dial one of them up. Haven't seen Beguiled for years. OK but not my favorite.

Eye exam today. Getting my first bifocals. Ugh! Looking forward to my first prescription sunglasses though. Should make walking the canine more enjoyable.
Presume you'll get no line progressives. I really can't tell they change top to bottom (Or is it bottom to top?) unless I deliberately hold them up & look at the difference. Being nearsighted, my bottoms are like 60% the strength of the top/distance correction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT