ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I haven't been over at the crazy place ( RR ) much for a while.....I am guessing that they are starting to build up the expectations for this team.......they will get themselves worked up like a mob does.......then If.......and I say if the team doesn't perform the way they expect.......all hell will break lose.......a loss is a personal affront to some of those folks for sure........I call it the, "no life syndrome".........I much prefer the civility and dare I say.....fellowship feel of the D League.......
I go over there occasionally and mostly read. Rarely post anymore.

Unlike others, I can't get excited no matter who we sign or who comes back. I'm afraid Calipari and his SJW and the way he treated/talked to fans this past year has ruined Kentucky basketball for me. Thought I'd never think it...let alone say it.

I go over there occasionally and mostly read. Rarely post anymore.

Unlike others, I can't get excited no matter who we sign or who comes back. I'm afraid Calipari and his SJW and the way he treated/talked to fans this past year has ruined Kentucky basketball for me. Thought I'd never think it...let alone say it.

Just about with you Sir. Just about with you... I never thought it would be hard to get excited about UK. I am trying way too hard...

Speaking of trains, here's a colorized photo of a young man (Bill) and his sister boarding a Texas and Pacific coach car in Abilene to take a trip by themselves to Camden, Ark. in 1949. The conductor agreed to help Bill and his sister with their train change in Dallas and pass them on to another conductor.

E1NWA31WYAAhiW-

Didn't even know there was a Hank III. Met Jr. a couple times....nice guy.

Sorry, but that's terrible.
Oh, I agree, definitely hillbilly Halloween. A big time rockabilly fan. The psychobilly edge of evil doesn't always work although on that rare occasion hits that cowboy edge better than anyone else. I like music that takes me somewhere else. This definitely does just that. Sparky's voice is unbelievable. Seems a rather trashy fellow.

Oh, I agree, definitely hillbilly Halloween. A big time rockabilly fan. The psychobilly edge of evil doesn't always work although on that rare occasion hits that cowboy edge better than anyone else. I like music that takes me somewhere else. This definitely does just that. Sparky's voice is unbelievable. Seems a rather trashy fellow.
That was a good song. It is not my type of music but I liked it.

Not for everybody for sure. Halloween comes to mind. As an adult without virgin ears I'm generally good with all three. When I'm entertained but insulted . . . "CLICK".
Really like that Hank III song Rooster. And I dig Straight to Hell, especially where he starts off with the wonderful Louvin Brothers harmonizing on 'Satan is Real' ...But yeah, not for everybody...

Good stuff. I like a man's song. Johnny did it about as good as anybody. Especially with Luther Perkins on the lead guitar. Delia's Gone, one more round.

More on Delia's Gone

On Christmas Eve 1900, Cooney Houston shot and killed Delia Green. If that isn’t tragic enough, they were both 14 years old. Their sad story would have been long forgotten, even in Yamacraw – the black neighborhood in the western end of Savannah, Georgia, where the killing took place – if it hadn’t been for a song. The ballad of Delia’s murder traveled from Georgia to the Bahamas, then back to the States during the folk boom of the 1950s. Though the facts have been altered along the way, Delia’s story has been sung by generations of folk singers, and has been recorded by musical icons such as Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash.

How about this memory...

I remember watching that on Tv, a little bloop single off Eric Show. The crowd must have gave Pete a 10 minute ovation. I still say Pete and Shoeless Joe deserve to be in the HOF.

Rooster - Funny you should ask. The answer is yes. The reason I know that? One day at random I typed in my grandfather Joseph Roy Hedges and grandmother Maude McKibben into Google, and it turned out a cousin of mine -- son of my grandfather's brother -- had researched the entire family and put the result of his genealogy search on the internet. You can find it there still on the off chance anyone cares, with my grandparents in Generation 8 -- the last one recorded here. I guess that makes me Generation 10.
Here's the link: https://www.genealogy.com/ftm/h/e/d/Scott-T-Hedges/GENE1-0005.html

Here's a bit of what it says for that generation of Joseph and Sara Biggs you asked about:
JOSEPH5 HEDGES (CHARLES4, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, SAMUEL1) was born January 07, 1742/43 in Frederick County, Maryland, and died 1805 in Paris, Bourbon County, Kentucky.He married SARA BIGGS 1770 in Annapolis, MD., daughter of JOHN BIGGS and MARY STILLE.
Notes for JOSEPH HEDGES:
Book: "Forebears of the Four Dunbars" By Carl & Lorene Dunbar
Also, this rendering is found in "History of Kentucky and Kentuckians" by E. Polk Johnson.
Among the men who peopled the frontier, contributed to the development of the middle west, furnished its social background was Joseph Hedges of Bourbon County, Kentucky, farmer, Revolutionary soldier, and pioneer.He was born in 1743 in Frederick county, Maryland and was the son of Charles Hedges, Sr. and Mary Stille.In 1770 he married Sarah Biggs of the same county and engaged in farming at "Standing Stone"in Maryland, on a tract of four hundred and thirty four acres owned jointly with his brother Absalom. During the steady prgression from discontent of a colony to the freedom and independency of a nation, with splendid patriotism he renounced his allegiance to George III and served his country from September, 1777 to December 1789 in the companies of Captains Ward and Comb Regiment on Foot. Continental Troops commanded by Colonel Oliver Spencer.After the Revolutionary, in common with many of the settlers on the Atlantic coast he determined to emigrate to the wilderness of Kentucky, obtaining patents September 1, 1791 for Hedges' Silence, Hedges' range, Shintaler Gut, and resurveys on Fleming's Purchase and Pilgrims Harbor for the purpose of conveying these farms to the purchasers. Early in 1792 he started on the long journey, accompanied by his family and slaves, his brother Shadrach and sister, also several Maryland families - the Trotman's and others all traveling in Conestoga wagons. Almost twelve miles above Wheeling they visited Mr. Hedges' brother Charles who settled at Beech Bottom Fort in Ohio County, Virginia in 1776. While so journeying here they constructed flat boats to complete their journey down the Ohio river, taking their wagons apart to carry them. Upon reaching Wheeling, Shadrach Hedges, having been wounded by an Indian, abandoned the trip and his sister returned to Maryland with him. They drifted down to Limestone (now Maysville), Kentucky, three hundred and nine miles from Wheeling with no special incident to mark thir transit other than the falling overboard of Mr. Hedges little daughter Jemina and her rescue by her small brother James who cought her by her floating skirts and pulled her into the boat.
Nice transparentcy. Stmbled across the Hedges family stuff via the fold3 Revolutionary War records building my own. Good stuff.

Well, I got a call this morning from a friend of mine asking me if I could find a plastic gas line for them because the gas company WOULD NOT come out and find it for them so they could run a new water line. It has to do with that community getting free gas for letting them cross their property some 30 years ago. I told him detectors don't pick up plastic, but he said that the line has a wire tracer on it. I knew I wouldn't find it but I went anyway to get out of the house. I was wrong, I ran the line from the gas transition place to where they needed to cross for the water line going in. The first place I dug we found the line about 18" in the ground, second one was about 12" down, the found the telephone lines. All in all, I would say I had a pretty good day!!!! Never thought I would find it!!!!!!

Nice transparentcy. Stmbled across the Hedges family stuff via the fold3 Revolutionary War records building my own. Good stuff.
That's really interesting Rooster. Thanks for calling that to my attention. There's a real irony in all this. My immediate family wasn't into researching our family history, but I did hear vague stories growing up about them having a role in founding Limestone (Maysville) back in the 1770s, then moving to Bourbon County and a few other things.

But it was after I was living in Maryland that I stumbled across that detailed history online traced from my grandfather all the way back into the 1600s -- and found that more than 300 years ago the family lived in the part of Maryland that I had coincidentally returned to.

Also, I used to drive up into the Shenandoah Valley in what is now WVA, and noted there was a small town called Hedgesville - but only after finding those records did I realize that was also a stop on my family's way to Kentucky - from Maryland, to Western Virginia to Kentucky.

That's really interesting Rooster. Thanks for calling that to my attention. There's a real irony in all this. My immediate family wasn't into researching our family history, but I did hear vague stories growing up about them having a role in founding Limestone (Maysville) back in the 1770s, then moving to Bourbon County and a few other things.

But it was after I was living in Maryland that I stumbled across that detailed history online traced from my grandfather all the way back into the 1600s -- and found that more than 300 years ago the family lived in the part of Maryland that I had coincidentally returned to.

Also, I used to drive up into the Shenandoah Valley in what is now WVA, and noted there was a small town called Hedgesville - but only after finding those records did I realize that was also a stop on my family's way to Kentucky - from Maryland, to Western Virginia to Kentucky.
Limestone (iron free water key for making & Bourbon) tells a story.

Last edited:
I haven't been over at the crazy place ( RR ) much for a while.....I am guessing that they are starting to build up the expectations for this team.......they will get themselves worked up like a mob does.......then If.......and I say if the team doesn't perform the way they expect.......all hell will break lose.......a loss is a personal affront to some of those folks for sure........I call it the, "no life syndrome".........I much prefer the civility and dare I say.....fellowship feel of the D League.......
I don't even have half a clue who is on the team for this up coming year. Will wait to see how Big Blue Madness pans out before getting interested. If they start with the SJW crap right off of the bat, I'm done for this year.

That is a Yuengling kind of song... Glad I had one close by... nursing it now. Probably a TWO Yuengling day...

ci-yuengling-lager-4aa51b783d262ff2.png

Alright, you stop with the Yuenglings until I have tasted one (looks good) and Austin, my wife is a little ticked off at you and your national food days. I went out and bought an apple pie today. Daughter was excited though, she ate a slice as soon as I put it on the table. ;) 😵

Alright, you stop with the Yuenglings until I have tasted one (looks good) and Austin, my wife is a little ticked off at you and your national food days. I went out and bought an apple pie today. Daughter was excited though, she ate a slice as soon as I put it on the table. ;) 😵
Happy to hear.

Good old D-League suggestive powers. Works great for tasty dishes.

If I could ever get close enough to you I'd ensure you liked Yuengling(s)..(I did drink the second one by the way. Thought about a third as it was early but tomorrows Friday.) I have a serious craving now for apple pie but couldn't make it away from my house today. Made a decision to have one in my house by tomorrow and dent it hard!!! A day late and a dollar short but I don't care. I needs some pie of the apple variety.

I remember watching that on Tv, a little bloop single off Eric Show. The crowd must have gave Pete a 10 minute ovation. I still say Pete and Shoeless Joe deserve to be in the HOF.

Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe should have been in the HOF for what they did before the scandals. The HOBS wants history to remember baseball as perfect and glorious when really it's just a game that reflects the country in which it was played. I ceased caring who was in that place decades ago.

People tall about PC culture and revisionist history, but want to act like it's some sacred shrine. That revisionism and PC stuff was around early enough for the HOBS to snub Rose and others. It was a bad lesson well learned.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and partly cloudy. Calm with 91% humidity. More rain coming tomorrow through next week. We still need it.

Guy on bail for murder down in Houston got caught with a live Bengal tiger. Video clip shows a cop with gun drawn backing away from the animal. Dude on bail appeared yesterday at court with his attorney, but no one knows where tiger went. Crazy. Only in Houston.

Taking truck in early this morning for service before they come out next week and inspect for the extended warranty.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

National-Buttermilk-Biscuit-Day.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and partly cloudy. Calm with 91% humidity. More rain coming tomorrow through next week. We still need it.

Guy on bail for murder down in Houston got caught with a live Bengal tiger. Video clip shows a cop with gun drawn backing away from the animal. Dude on bail appeared yesterday at court with his attorney, but no one knows where tiger went. Crazy. Only in Houston.

Taking truck in early this morning for service before they come out next week and inspect for the extended warranty.

Happy Friday!

Tiger went in his tank... I watched too many commercials as a kid

Rough day yesterday, but today looks promising! Tech is killing me. Trying to backup 2 computers and upgrade the same. After 20 hours the first backup is 66% complete. Neither computer may make it through my day today

Have a great Friday and don't let the man (gates or jobs) keep you down!

Gonna go do the enjoyable ask bustin work while the computer fights the backup better than gates fights antivirus measures!

Happy Friday!

I can make me some of those from scratch...AND I am going to!!! Was going to do that tomorrow but I will do it now and take my lunch time a little early! I will take a couple pics...

Oh, May your recipe today include a good helping of obedience to God. He will guide you, ... Let him do that, he is good at it. (The hardest part for a man is to allow anything else to guide or lead you. Trust God in that he will never fail you if you trust him.) God Bless you all...

Edit; They are in the oven!

186122813_4478128355534043_1993061397330794912_n.jpg

I added a big hand full of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese! The rest is buttermilk biscuit basics! My youngest daughter will soon be here from getting off work to pick up my Grandson and take him to pre-school. I thought she may enjoy these. I was going to make some gravy but she can't resist and I don't need it. (I want it, but don't need it. Had a little bacon grease saved too.)

Last edited:
Good morning D, we are at a balmy 38 this morning!!!! Climate, Global change!!!!

Man, sunshine, fresh air and exercise, sure made this ole (Yeller) fellow sleep good!!! My friend told me I saved them a couple hundred dollars, $959.48 to go!!!

Mowing day for me too, forecast has rain chances all the wat to next Saturday!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!

Happy Friday!

There you go again. I have plenty of honey so, those biscuits will do well to stay out of my way.

Good morning to all you civil people and Happy Friday.

I got a hundred dollars smokin' in my billfold
I know I oughta save it, but it's burnin' a hole
Right through my pocket and into my skin
Come Monday morning, I'll be broke again

It's finally Friday
I'm free again
I got my motor running for a wild weekend
It's finally Friday
I'm outta control
Forget the workin' blues
And let the good times roll

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • All posts read and liked. (I was behind a couple of days.)
  • We had 50º in the woods this morning.
  • I need 60ºs badly. I'm pretty tired of cold weather. (7 months now.)
  • 2 mugs of Green Mountain Dark Magic consumed. That's all for me per day.
  • Quit the cokes.
  • #3 will be in sometime in late June. Missing him a lot
  • Committee of Vultures: Thank you.
  • Nothing happening.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
  • Condolences to Ben101.
  • Get well soon if you are sickly.

Good morning D League

Our cool temperatures continue with a current temperature of 58°. The weather girl on the radio says we should reach 83° by early afternoon, winds will be NNE at 11 mph and humidity 42%. The skies are clear with lots of sunshine and a UV Index 6 of 10.

When I see biscuits I always think of Kinky Freidman, Get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the bed. I like mine with pure cane sugar syrup. Ahhh.... Wichita

Good morning! Alexa says it will be 70° today. That's plenty and I don't really need any more than that.

Speaking of not needing any more, how many problems are there that face the world that cannot be traced back directly to greed at some point?

Tee time is around 1100 this morning. I say around because I didn't really make a tee time with the golf course, just the dude I'm going to play with.

I guess I'll find out about the gas situation next week. I shouldn't need any until then. Haven't heard my wife complain about it yet so it can't be too bad here. Trust me on this.

Have a good day and remember this...9 more shopping days until my birthday. I've never been 61 before but I feel like I'll catch on quickly.

Rough day yesterday, but today looks promising! Tech is killing me. Trying to backup 2 computers and upgrade the same. After 20 hours the first backup is 66% complete. Neither computer may make it through my day today

Have a great Friday and don't let the man (gates or jobs) keep you down!

Gonna go do the enjoyable ask bustin work while the computer fights the backup better than gates fights antivirus measures!

My Dad always told me... "Be smarter than what you are working on..." ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT