ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

CN%202_10_2%204044%20frbw.JPG

If you guys go back and read what he wrote, in english this time, then you will see he wasn't talking about Loretta Lynn being autotuned. He was talking about todays talentless hacks that are pretty to look at it and nothing else. Computers are used to "autotune" their voice and re-record it many times until it sounds tolerable at best.

If you guys go back and read what he wrote, in english this time, then you will see he wasn't talking about Loretta Lynn being autotuned. He was talking about todays talentless hacks that are pretty to look at it and nothing else. Computers are used to "autotune" their voice and re-record it many times until it sounds tolerable at best.
Good get.

I will have to take your word on it. ;)

Robert Wadlow, the tallest man who ever lived, visits the Sons of the Pioneers at the 1936 Texas Centennial in Dallas. That's Roy Rogers squatting at bottom right. Wadlow was 18 years old at this time and 8'5" tall. He grew six more inches, to 8'11", before dying at age 22.

E1Wl4uSX0Ac5Vtl

Amazing but... Where's Festus? (I know this may be too early for KC but Ole Festus could flat out sing a song too.)(I know, he will always be Festus to me though he was in many John Wayne Movies too.) OT: John was good friends with James Arness and Ken was right in that mix.

7b90e13a88f66dfc9bc9d6bc7b7f4a64.jpg

The Searchers theme...

Last edited:
Nah, even a Bass has better sense than to be caught by an ever-loving gizzard eater... 😁

Even WC knows that. Heck he may do a gizzard every once and a while. A man "ought not" go fishing while you have gizzard breath... jmusao
No! No gizzards for me.

Bass report: Warrior-cat 1---Largemouth Bass 0 only one strike/hook today and I landed him. Water was cold again as the weather turned colder after last weekend. Damn you global warming! Going back out tomorrow morning. Still have enough that my wife fileted and put in a brine of sorts for tomorrow's dinner. MIL and BIL coming over and both are vegans so...fish for dinner.

Last edited:
Got the front yard done so it's time for a little lunch. The Mrs. did some running and brought back Chick-fil-A.
Loved them ever since the first one I ever had when I moved to Atlanta. Was blessed to know Truett Cathy (founder) a bit (some thru business but mostly thru church dealings).

One of the things she bought was bread. We have been buying a certain type bread for about 2-3 years. When we first bought it, it was about 1.69. It was 1.79 a couple months ago. Today, at Meijers....2.29. At Krogers it's up to 2.79.......
I just don't get the Chick-Filet-A love. I can take them or leave them. Not a fan.

Vaccination passport requirements are not required down here.

She is at the top of my list. Just a beautiful woman.
She proved that afer the fires in Gatlinburg a few years back.....she was very generous with her wealth.......one of the few celebrities that put their money behind their mouth.........I am still waiting for Goofy Goldberg to move to Canada.........

Morning Legionnaires!

Going out fishing again this morning for a few hours then back to cut the grass. Really could wait for a few days to cut it but, rain in the forecast for the next 10 or so days. It will also give me an excuse to be outside for at least a couple of hours while the MIL is here.

Fell asleep on the couch and had a dream last night that I was attacked, (did not know him) and I got this guy on the ground and was punching him in the head. Woke up and i had my UK back support couch pillow (one with arms) in my hands and was punching one of the arms. About a week ago I was on the couch asleep and was in another altercation where I threw a side kick and I woke up with my leg off of the couch in a side kick position. I have done that a few times while in bed with my wife but luckily, the bed is big enough where I have missed. I have had dreams where she has actually had to wake me up from me yelling at whoever was in my dreams.

Anyone else have these type of dreams?

Morning Legionnaires!

Going out fishing again this morning for a few hours then back to cut the grass. Really could wait for a few days to cut it but, rain in the forecast for the next 10 or so days. It will also give me an excuse to be outside for at least a couple of hours while the MIL is here.

Fell asleep on the couch and had a dream last night that I was attacked, (did not know him) and I got this guy on the ground and was punching him in the head. Woke up and i had my UK couch back support pillow (one with arms) in my hands and was punching one of the arms. About a week ago I was on the couch asleep and was in another altercation where I threw a side kick and I woke up with my leg off of the couch in a side kick position. I have done that a few times while in bed with my wife but luckily, the bed is big enough where I have missed. I have had dreams where she has actually had to wake me up from me yelling at whoever was in my dreams.

No but please tell us more......... 😉

No! No gizzards for me.

Bass report: Warrior-cat 1---Largemouth Bass 0 only one strike/hook today and I landed him. Water was cold again as the weather turned colder after last weekend. Damn you global warming! Going back out tomorrow morning. Still have enough that my wife fileted and put in a brine of sorts for tomorrow's dinner. MIL and BIL coming over and both are vegans so...fish for dinner.
What kind of bait/lure are you using........I have had reasonable good fishing with a #7-#8 model A Bomber Firetiger pattern......early season........I am still waiting on my finger and boat license.......my day will come.......

Ah thank God it's Saturday morning. Finally the weekend. But...makes no difference when you're retired. Just was saying that for all you wipper snappers who still do the Monday thru Friday daily grind.

Cool, but not cold in the Buckeye State. Sunny and getting close to 70. The Mrs is doing some running so I think I've got dog sitting duties. So I can tie him up outside and trim the bushes (got a hedge row that I did half last week..need to finish. About 8 foot tall and about 6 wide, so not much fun...but look good when trimmed.)

Everybody have a good, safe, healthy 'not going to work' day.

Morning Legionnaires!

Fell asleep on the couch and had a dream last night that I was attacked, (did not know him) and I got this guy on the ground and was punching him in the head. Woke up and i had my UK back support couch pillow (one with arms) in my hands and was punching one of the arms. About a week ago I was on the couch asleep and was in another altercation where I threw a side kick and I woke up with my leg off of the couch in a side kick position. I have done that a few times while in bed with my wife but luckily, the bed is big enough where I have missed. I have had dreams where she has actually had to wake me up from me yelling at whoever was in my dreams.

I dream very little but when I do they're weird to say the least. Kind of prophetic. It's like I'm asleep....but awake. Can't even explain it. Don't really dream or 'see' anything, but have 'feelings' about someone. First one was years ago about my oldest son. Knew something was wrong but had no idea what. Called him and he was OK and ended the conversation with a 'take care...be careful'. Prayed for him every day 'cause I still had this overwhelming sense of doom/danger. About a week later he was in a car wreck. Trooper told his mother (the ex) that in that type of wreck he should/could have been killed.
Same type 'dream' with the Mrs' youngest daughter. She wasn't a bad teenager but very disrespectful to her Mom who was a 'single Mom' working her butt off for her two teen daughters to be able to give them all they could have. I actually wrote her a letter to respect her Mom, that her Mom loved her, etc, etc. Prayed multiple times a day for her due to that 'feeling' again. About a week later she was in an accident. Almost died. Spent about 6-8 weeks in the hospital.
These type dreams have happened a number of times over the years. Really, really strange. Think (maybe) it's God's way of me being an intercessor for somebody? Pray for their protection?
Since I don't talk about them until after something happens (don't know if they're true/accurate or not....why say something if nothing happens)....the Mrs asks me every once in awhile if I've had any 'dreams' lately.

Robert Wadlow, the tallest man who ever lived, visits the Sons of the Pioneers at the 1936 Texas Centennial in Dallas. That's Roy Rogers squatting at bottom right. Wadlow was 18 years old at this time and 8'5" tall. He grew six more inches, to 8'11", before dying at age 22.

E1Wl4uSX0Ac5Vtl
Sad story. i remember reading a story in Kentucky Explorer magazine about when he made an appearance in hazard, ky, representing a shoe company. even at the time of his death there was no indication that he had stopped growing.

I did not know that.

Morning folks. It was supposed to get down to 39°F but it is 45° instead with bright sun. That is good. Rain is on schedule for Sunday here.

Yard mowed yesterday. Weedwhacking not done as my hip hurt too much.

I dream when I can't sleep well. Normal stuff, but they are in color.

Preakness late afternoon.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy. Expecting 86°F for today's high. Rain chances increasing late tonight and early tomorrow morning.

Looks like I'll try more weeding later today. We've got a few between both fences I must pull by hand. If I wait too long after flowering bloom, resulting stickers are terrible. Working additional chores as well.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT