ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

@Ben101er hate to hear that about your golf. I know how much it means to me and I don't want to think of the day I quit. My grandfather played for over 50 years and started shooting his age when he was in his 60's. He changed his swing for a while after suffering with back issues and then just said he was done.

Well, you will have to come down and play in my farewell tour. :)

If you are seeing an ENT, you probably don't need this info, but fwiw I'll pass it on as it had an effect on me. They kept me taking stuff like Claritin D to avoid sinus infections as the infection could get in the ear. I haven't looked lately, but at the time sinus meds all had negative impact on the prostate and now I have an enlarged prostate. All the sinus meds say take with water. I figured out the water was doing as much good as the meds, so I quit taking the meds. My ENT gave me a list of things to eat and what to avoid and I'm pretty strict in following it. The list looks a lot like one a heart dr would give you.
Thanks. I'll pass on the info since I'll be seeing the old man tomorrow for Mother's Day.

If you are seeing an ENT, you probably don't need this info, but fwiw I'll pass it on as it had an effect on me. They kept me taking stuff like Claritin D to avoid sinus infections as the infection could get in the ear. I haven't looked lately, but at the time sinus meds all had negative impact on the prostate and now I have an enlarged prostate. All the sinus meds say take with water. I figured out the water was doing as much good as the meds, so I quit taking the meds. My ENT gave me a list of things to eat and what to avoid and I'm pretty strict in following it. The list looks a lot like one a heart dr would give you.
FWIW, at your advanced age, prostate likely enlarged w/o the sinus meds.

022.JPG

Happy Mother's Day to all who are mothers.

This should be a beautiful day weather wise. Lots of sunshine. One of my cousins pastors a church in Indian Rocks and we are heading down to visit and enjoy fellowship with friends and family.

We lost my mother in 2007 at age 95 but her memory will remain for an eternity. She was a good woman, excellent wife and mother. So I consider I was blessed. I trust all have a great day

5cd4a53e3aca8.image.jpg

Morning D, wind is howling here in the Berg!!!!! Storms moving in!!!

Happy Mother's Day to BEV!! I use to be called Mr. Mom, raised 3 youngins for 12 years by myself, it was a struggle!!! Full custody!!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!!
Oh, by the way, Mrs. M made a Pecan Pie yesterday, we had no sugar in the house, don't ever remember that, but she used honey, plus she threw in some chocolate chips, better this morning than last night!!!!

The May Monsoon continues as the rains come down. High of only 45...May?

Happy Mothers Day to all the D wives who are mothers and to all of D league's mothers.

We lost my mother in 2007 at age 95 but her memory will remain for an eternity. She was a good woman, excellent wife and mother. So I consider I was blessed.
As was I. Lost my Mom 5 years ago at the age of 93. I believe God gave her a gift of passing on her 93rd birthday.
Great Mom (as was Dad). Solid christians, conservative, taught us kids to work hard...be kind and considerate to others...be generous in our giving...and so much more.

Morning D-Leaguers. It is a windy, cloudy 66.9°F. My dad would say it is blowing up a storm.

I scrubbed the crown molding in the living area. I climbed that big ladder so many times yesterday (10' ceiling) that my hips hurts like crazy today, but the molding is good and white again. I may have to hire it done the next time.

You all have a good Mothers Day.

Morning D-Leaguers. It is a windy, cloudy 66.9°F. My dad would say it is blowing up a storm.

I scrubbed the crown molding in the living area. I climbed that big ladder so many times yesterday (10' ceiling) that my hips hurts like crazy today, but the molding is good and white again. I may have to hire it done the next time.

Bert, why on earth would you be climbing ladders again? You should have said something to me the last time I was there and I would have been happy to ask Austin to do it for you. Think man!

Bert, why on earth would you be climbing ladders again? You should have said something to me the last time I was there and I would have been happy to ask Austin to do it for you. Think man!
🤣 It would really have been easy for Austin to do it; hell he never sat down anyway!

I can't just stop doing things. Plus I held on really tight.

Sea bass is so gooood! Never ate one but I hear freshwater bass are not good eats. Hard to beat a perch though. Ate a bunch of walleye when I lived in Michigan and liked that too.
Large Mouth Bass needs a little more preparation in the manner of a soaking in some mix like my wife does or just make sure you take the younger ones instead of the older ones. 1-2 pounders preferably.

I made that assumption too and now understand I'm a victim of anglo-saxon toxic masculinity caused anthropocentric speciesism that's made me an inhumane heartless cannibal. A clueless interpretation by folks exhibiting characteristics of serious narcissistic personality disorders with zero comprehension of diet, fire, proteins, or man.
Generic_PDP_06_900x.jpg
AFE760DA-5803-4BEE-93DA025EEFFA78D7_source.jpg
Whaaaat?

Sea bass is the king of good eating IMO. It's right up there with crab and lobster. Expensive but well worth it.
Caught some off the coast of Denmark back in the mid 80's when I was stationed in northern Germany. We were on a 4 day weekend trip sponsored by the military and the ships crew fileted them for us and we took mess back with us along with sea trout, flounder and a few other species. Good eating.

Maybe Austin can give me some relief......I put crown in every room except the laundry and pantry.......the master
bath is the one I need help on.....it takes forever to clean the dentil mold......
thumbnail

I just got back from spending the night at my folks house. There's nothing scarier than seeing my Dad's name on caller ID at 2:30 in the morning. Another dizzy spell from vertigo/inner ear. It just lays him out cold. He has medicine for dizziness and nausea but he can only take them when a spell comes on. Problem is that he vomits them out most of the time so they're worthless. My poor mother can barely walk so it's particularly stressful for her. I wish I could do more but sometimes I feel helpless.

A former co-worker of a friend of mine was having issues with extreme vertigo years ago. It was so bad he couldn't do anything, and if my friend hadn't shown up at his house to pick up something he'd borrowed, he didn't know if he'd be with us still. The guy couldn't dial his phone, couldnt eat and had been sleeping by his downstairs bathroom for 2 days. He'd had some trouble with it before but not so severe.

They couldn't tell if it was inner ear or what, but he eventually tried prescription motion sickness pills because a friend had suggested it. They worked! He uses over the counter stuff now that it's under control.

Chiropractic and deep tissue massage of upper back and neck area has helped some friends who've had less extreme but still nauseating bouts with vertigo, after little else had helped. In spite of all medicine does seem to know, there's still tons more they have no clue about.

Maybe Austin can give me some relief......I put crown in every room except the laundry and pantry.......the master
bath is the one I need help on.....it takes forever to clean the dentil mold......
thumbnail
I doubt Austin can help you. He doesn't dabble in that Canadian blended stuff. Straight Kentucky bourbon whiskey for him. Or a beer we can't pronounce.

I doubt Austin can help you. He doesn't dabble in that Canadian blended stuff. Straight Kentucky bourbon whiskey for him. Or a beer we can't pronounce.

Sounds like a great marketing idea for some new bourbon distiller out there. Call it "Handymans Special." Once drunk in sufficient quantities can help you clean crown moulding, bathroom tile, eliminate bacon grease, polish off leftovers, ..... People would buy anything these days if the marketing sounds good or they hear it often enough

my picture shows up on the draft but when it post.......just a little square with red x......have my privileges been neutered
A couple factors at play here.

As @Girthang alludes, some sites will not allow backlinks. As @warrior-cat hints, other sites will not display for various reasons, even the picture itself might throw an error. Browser rendering even factors into overall display.

Which site are you attempting to link your pictures?

Once again,
81QJ.gif

Happy Mother's Day to BEV!!
Ditto!!!!

Good morning D-League. I hope all the wifes and daughters and mothers are having a great Mother's Day. Thought I'd put up a classic Bill Monroe song, covered by Ernest Tubb, in case you want to dance with that special mother in your life.
Understood, married to that one and I ❤ that song. I've a few very precious Maryland great-grandmothers in the tree. Elizabeth Hussey b. 1667 and Charity Middleton b. 1717.
I scrubbed the crown molding in the living area. I climbed that big ladder so many times yesterday (10' ceiling)

Here's some Mothers Day blues fiddle

Thank you, I was out of control.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
So Medina Spirit has failed the post race drug test. No wonder it took them a week to get the results since they said he had 21 picograms of it in his system. 21 TRILLIONTHS of a gram in his system!

Seriously, the entire industry needed that $1k horse to no longer be big news. Can't have any horse under 500k winning a derby. It's just a bad look

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT