ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Sunrise at Churchill Downs yesterday morning. Derby Day happens 19 days from today.

Eyu56JLWEAEnveH
Yeah but it won't be the same. 40-50% capacity for the stands and they're delaying any general admission tickets until it's closer to the day. Plus masks are required. Damn virus!

fify (Or a reasonable facsimile thereof...)
My heart rate went up to 150 just seeing the picture of the monster, man eating snake..........I might have to re-think being a D-leaguer if there are going to be pictures like that on here.........are there no community standards here or what...........I thought I was in a safe place here.......wonderful pics of trains, food.....sometimes members.........then WHAM!..............MONSTER SNAKE..........should have been on it's own thread..........lucky for me I had a little bourbon on the shelf to calm myself down with...........scary stuff........

My heart rate went up to 150 just seeing the picture of the monster, man eating snake..........I might have to re-think being a D-leaguer if there are going to be pictures like that on here.........are there no community standards here or what...........I thought I was in a safe place here.......wonderful pics of trains, food.....sometimes members.........then WHAM!..............MONSTER SNAKE..........should have been on it's own thread..........lucky for me I had a little bourbon on the shelf to calm myself down with...........scary stuff........

Last night was a three Yuengling night...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F, cloudy and humid. Clearing later with increasing chances for rain tonight through Friday. Could see 88°F for our high.

Meh, I'll watch golf every now and then when nothing else is on. I've shot a few rounds over the past 40 years, but last time was more than 20 years ago at Fort Hood.

-------------------------

Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

dd13e960e1032b11dbe20a01ca7d527e.png

My darling made me one those this morning with egg, some smoked turkey, and some shredded sharp cheddar on Rye bread....

I ate it!

@cordmaker .... did you slow cooker chicken/noodle dish yesterday with a little twist. The Mrs. wanted to see what it would taste like with dressing instead of noodles. So she cooked the chicken in the crock per your recipe....and when done put it, since it's kind of a gravy, over chicken dressing (the easy box kind). Gotta tell ya....was good.
Glad yawl liked it, at least I know I am good for something!!! We made something else yesterday that was good. We took some chicken breasts put it in the middle of a 9x13 on top of some thinly sliced onions, then on each side of the chicken we put taters and green beans, butter on top and some spices, really good!!! One dish meal with leftovers!!!!

mornin fellers...hope all is good
yard work later today
prolly smoke / grill some boloney later for a sammich or two
hope to get some green onions in the ground this week
not much else happening

have a super good day
Throw some BBQ sauce on that Portland round steak......them onions are a little late......if'n it turns hot......

• Good Morning, you softball-playing Rapscallions and Lurkers.
  • Good stories.
  • I have some, but not as good as yalls.
  • Once I was walking the pasture with Grandaddy and Buck, his German Shepherd-Collie jumped a snake (a Copperhead) and ran it to its hole under a stump. Buck started digging and then yipped. Got bitten on his muzzle. He swelled up and was sick for a few days, but he did not die.
  • Watched The Masters until it was over and got out of the easy chair and fell into the couch. Didn't break anything. Banged up, buy okay. My only fall in a few months. Be careful old fellows.
  • Another wonderful day.
  • Nothing going on.
  • As you were.
  • Carry on.
  • Wellness to everyone.

mornin fellers...hope all is good
yard work later today
prolly smoke / grill some boloney later for a sammich or two
hope to get some green onions in the ground this week
not much else happening

have a super good day
I had never heard of/thought of smoked bologna until a couple years ago when I saw this video of Cowboy Kent Rollins (out warrior-cat's way in OK)....

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F, cloudy and humid. Clearing later with increasing chances for rain tonight through Friday. Could see 88°F for our high.

Meh, I'll watch golf every now and then when nothing else is on. I've shot a few rounds over the past 40 years, but last time was more than 20 years ago at Fort Hood.

-------------------------

Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

dd13e960e1032b11dbe20a01ca7d527e.png
Mmmmm

I am thinking grilled cheese and onion.

Good afternoon!

Had me a busy day so far. 2 loads of laundry, washed dishes, mowed front and back, watched Cowboy Kent smoke a balonie.

I made a grilled ham a cheese sammich yesterday as a golf watching snack. I use mayo instead of butter for the grilling. Just a very thin layer all over each side of the bread. Grills up nice but doesn't taste like mayo when you eat it.

I smoked some spam one time, I think it was bbq flavored, and I didn't care for it at all. I've never smoked balonie.

Heard on the radio awhile ago that flu cases dropped last winter to 1822 from 38,000,000 the year before. Hmmmm....Must be like if you get some good hearty grass it will choke out the weeds in your yard. Corono done choked out the flu. Maybe next it will cure the common cold! Thanks China!

The late coach Jack Day of the Central City Golden Tide told me one day on the golf course, quit playing you are bad, no just kidding, He said Cord you try to do something positive every day and so far putting my feet on the floor every morning is about the best positive thing I do every day. Today I took down an old paper box for the lady down the street that she ask if I would do it for her. Can't turn her down, she was MOM'S best friend, plus she is the lady that gave the like new self-propelled push mower a couple weeks ago. Good deeds equals good paybacks!!!!

Good afternoon!

Had me a busy day so far. 2 loads of laundry, washed dishes, mowed front and back, watched Cowboy Kent smoke a balonie.

I made a grilled ham a cheese sammich yesterday as a golf watching snack. I use mayo instead of butter for the grilling. Just a very thin layer all over each side of the bread. Grills up nice but doesn't taste like mayo when you eat it.

I smoked some spam one time, I think it was bbq flavored, and I didn't care for it at all. I've never smoked balonie.

Heard on the radio awhile ago that flu cases dropped last winter to 1822 from 38,000,000 the year before. Hmmmm....Must be like if you get some good hearty grass it will choke out the weeds in your yard. Corono done choked out the flu. Maybe next it will cure the common cold! Thanks China!

More dough in the China Virus versus the Flu but glad to see the Flu is subsiding...

Glad I don't live in Minneapolis. Another once good city....down the tubes.
Heard where Foot Locker gave $200 million to BLM (I guess) for combating racial injustice. Guess what......one of the first stores burned down last night was.....wait for it....Foot Locker.

BUT, might have been two store's if not for that "donation".

Last edited:
Love them both but have never thought to put them together - except with a burger/tomato/lettuce/ketchup too. Will have to try. Thanks.
Years ago, when stationed in Portugal working for NATO, I had some dear friends with the Royal Air Force. I seem to recall them calling them something like Cheese and Onion Pasties.

I just did a quick search, and everything that came up looks a good deal fancier than the sandwiches we would have.

Anyway, I like them. I hope you do as well.

Damn virus!

Much better than fellow when used all properlike.

On the driver's exam they should ask people if they know their left from their right, considering how many drive in the left lane.

72bc316b42f61ce4ef3eb7784d01c347.jpg
That would work really well in combination with a right lane ≈ 10 miles/hr slower commercial vehicle speed limits maintaining that steady fluidity required for efficient transport effectively eliminating the do-gooder whose anointed themselves as keeper of the speed and over-bearing truckers. Now I'm thinking too much. Anyway, both act to create chaos.

Another peav is transportation infrastructure funding. The solution is simpler. A progressive vehicle weight tax for interstate commerce. Creates national standards at the same time. State system need not be a federal concern where major issues involve the ingenuity of man to utilize obstruction for corruption.

Much better than fellow when used all properlike.

That would work really well in combination with a right lane ≈ 10 miles/hr slower commercial vehicle speed limits maintaining that steady fluidity required for efficient transport effectively eliminating the do-gooder whose anointed themselves as keeper of the speed and over-bearing truckers. Now I'm thinking too much. Anyway, both act to create chaos.

Another peav is transportation infrastructure funding. The solution is simpler. A progressive vehicle weight tax for interstate commerce. Creates national standards at the same time. State system need not be a federal concern where major issues involve the ingenuity of man to utilize obstruction for corruption.
Railway transportation infrastructure is my bailiwick.

The Eastern Railroads get zero subsidies, no state, no local and no federal. Underline: zero subsidies. Plus the Federal government makes U.S. railroads operate AmTrac at losses.

Trucks destroy roadway, railroads destroy rails; however, they, trucks, do pay some pretty high fuel taxes to fund the roads. The only difference is that the local, state and federal taxes pay for road repair.

Railroads pay for the rails that they damage, no local, state or federal taxes pay for a damned thing on the railroads. On top of that local and state governments charge the railroads property tax on every damned mile of rail. At CSX the property taxes were massive. We had to stay in court all the time to make damned sure that we were paying double or triple other businesses.

Now let us discuss electric cars and how much they should pay for road damage.

Since we are talking about our baseball/softball exploits. I hit the ball as hard as anyone, but I loved to swing the bat to much. I didn't have the patience to wait for a good pitch to hit. Obviously, that was a problem. After I hurt my leg in a wreck, I couldn't get my whole body into a swing anymore, so I became to much of an arm hitter.

When I was a kid on up into my teens, I used to practice ground balls daily by throwing golf balls at a rock wall. Never had a ball come at me in a game as hard as those golf balls, so I learned not be afraid of the ball, soft hands, how to gauge hops, and a quick release. My folks got me started in school a year early and I was small for my age at the time which made me the smallest kid in class for most of my school life till I hit a late growing spurt. This caused a confidence problem, but I have never been lacking for confidence with my glove. The last year I played at 38, I was ashamed of my bat, but with a bum leg and bad shoulder on my throwing arm, a guy who coached college baseball for 20 years said I was the best third baseman he'd ever seen.

I was primarily a pitcher in high school from 8 - 12th grade. First 8th grader to play varsity. Had a good strong arm with good control and my last year before every game, whether or not I was pitching, the umpire would come to me personally and tell me if I hit anyone with the ball I was out of the game.

People would come to our games to see me hit batters and then pick them off at first. I had fans!

Usually the ones I hit were the ones who ran their mouths while they were in the on deck circle. I didn't say anything to the pitcher when I was there and I demanded the same respect.

What got me in trouble though was coaches noticing that I hit guys with the ball when I was playing 3rd, or short, or 2nd. I'd wait until they got close to the base and then hit them with the ball. Hard. Talk shit all you want, if I got a chance I was going to take it.

Forgot to mention that we rarely had a chance to win in my last 3 years so I had to get my fun fix in other ways.

Those were the days my friends.

I started playing high school baseball in the 8th grade too, I got to play because they needed a catcher, They asked if I could catch, I said yes, never had caught in game before, but I got 5 years of baseball in!!!!
When I got my letterman jacket those bastards took it away from me and had it changed because I had 5 stripes for baseball. They said I could only have 4. It was explained to me at the time that I could only have 4 years eligibility for varsity.

I was primarily a pitcher in high school from 8 - 12th grade. First 8th grader to play varsity. Had a good strong arm with good control and my last year before every game, whether or not I was pitching, the umpire would come to me personally and tell me if I hit anyone with the ball I was out of the game.

People would come to our games to see me hit batters and then pick them off at first. I had fans!

Usually the ones I hit were the ones who ran their mouths while they were in the on deck circle. I didn't say anything to the pitcher when I was there and I demanded the same respect.

What got me in trouble though was coaches noticing that I hit guys with the ball when I was playing 3rd, or short, or 2nd. I'd wait until they got close to the base and then hit them with the ball. Hard. Talk shit all you want, if I got a chance I was going to take it.

Forgot to mention that we rarely had a chance to win in my last 3 years so I had to get my fun fix in other ways.

Those were the days my friends.
You dirty low down good for nothing belly dragging inbred Cardinal fan. I was always fair, square and smiling.
MpX9XG8g_o.jpg

Last edited:
I never played much organized ball past the 6th grade until I joined the military. My step father would pick me and my brother up after school if close enough to go work drywall with him until dark (Self contractor) for pennies on the dollar (Child labor). If not close enough we still could not play because of the fact that he might be. When we moved to the 52 acre farm my sophomore year of high school, he had chores for us to do around the farm if he could not pick us up for work. Hated it. I was a pretty good infielder and a decent hitter. May have not gone pro but, I am sure I probably could have played college if allowed to play. Always hated that I did not get that chance. With Army teams unit level and post I have won many championships with teams I played on and made the all star team in the unit European championships (We won it) in 93. Have been on several teams here and have won about 11 State championships at various different levels. Love the game and it is reason I am still playing (at it) now. My wife ask when I am going to stop playing and told her when they stop calling me to come out or I hurt too much afterwards. Back hurt a little last night but, felt better this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT