ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Morning D Leaguers

We are starting the day with plenty of sunshine and a temperature of 66°. Our high will hit 83° by 3:00 PM. No chance of rain until this evening when it will be 72%.

My TV watching for quite some time now does not include any network TV. I actually got rid of cable and stream. Sometime back we started watcing Britbox and enjoy it. Last night we saw the last episode of Morse which was a popular detective show over there for years. I will miss the old guy and hated to see him take his last breath on the final episode.

I trust all have a nice day and if you are ailing I pray you get better.
I don't know if Britbox carries Doc Martin but if they do then I'd highly recommend watching. We watch it every Thursday night on KET/PBS. Comedy/drama. Worth it just for the scenery.

All Cobras to me....
I apologize. When I see "smiling", a human trait, I anthropomorphize.
58ff2d69dd7841e702dacb19bdeeb478.jpg

Fully aware the mammalian submissive grin is not to be confused with any reptilian display.
dog-smile-flickr-335sm11712.jpg
Beware-of-Smiling-Crocodiles-1024x636.jpg

First Masters in my lifetime that I haven't really watched. Watched a little yesterday and none today (but to be fair haven't felt good today and took about a 3 hour nap...something I never do). Afraid the overall wokeness of all sports and the networks have done me in.

Got hooked on the Masters in about '59, '60, ? Was raining and they spent the whole time interviewing the golfers as the rain was coming down. And showing shots of the course (I'm sure back then it was only the last 3 holes or so and a total of 5-6 cameras. That was my first introduction to the Masters and I was hooked by the peacefulness and beauty of the course. Years later I was able to be at the club a number of times....never for the tournament....and it's more beautiful in person.
Never watched a Masters or any other golf ever.

All Cobras to me....
e.
The snake I posted is a corn snake or rat snake to some. It is harmless to man. They have very small teeth and a bite would be a scratch at worst. They prey on mice or rats so you would not want to kill one.

There was a report of a cobra in central Florida. That was a pet and escaped . I don"t know what happened to it Another snake may have ate it.

e.
The snake I posted is a corn cobra or cobra snake to some. It is poisonous to BBUK. They have Gorilla teeth and a bite would kill or cause sudden paralysis. They prey on anyone or anything so you would want to kill everyone you come across.

There was a report of a cobra in central Florida, BBUK killed it. That was a pet and BBUK killed it anyway. I don"t know what happened to it but I know BBUK didn't eat it.

fify (Or a reasonable facsimile thereof...)

Last edited:
Back from the first practice of the year. Mainly hitting and a little outfield. My hitting was normal mostly line drives when I connected good. Few pop ups and did put a couple on the fence at 300 feet and a couple of one hoppers to the fence so, I still have enough power to go out on occasion. However, I have never hit for power. I have always been a base hitter going deep only when the situation needed to advance runners or score a run and have on occasion hit one or two out a year on average.

While out there I ran into a guy who used to play with us about 10 years back who retired very early from it because of work. He came out to see how we were doing and talked for a while. Ask me if I still taught Karate and I said yes so he ask If I could teach his son (8) and cost was not an issue. I told him I taught from 2pm- 3pm or 3:30 depending on how I felt for the day and that his boy would still be in school. Apparently not, he is home schooled and has wanted to take martial arts for the last year or 2 so, and that time would not be a problem. His aunt would bring him and take him home. Well, I just picked up our third student. Trying to keep it a small group to help student to teacher ratio down.
Was doing it as a favor to an old friends daughter then, my instructor brought his girlfriend and now another one and I told them it is not about the money and the cost to them is a poultry $10.00 a week. Just need money for my gas to get there. I live out of town and drive about 34 miles round trip.

My Dad used to catch rattlesnakes for the Holiness Church when he was young...in Middlesboro.

I crawled under houses for a living for 20+ years in Kentucky. I have a love/hate relationship with snakes. I have many, many escapes where snakes are concerned. I respect them but I do not like them. I am not afraid of anything I know of except losing my family. I am not afraid of snakes but, I do not like them.

That stated, I don't like snakes. Ask me why, and I will state, I don't like snakes. (It may be the slithering sneaking, and deception associated with snakes. Who knows, but I don't like snakes.

Go ahead, ask me, if I like snakes... ;)

My Dad used to catch rattlesnakes for the Holiness Church when he was young...in Middlesboro.

I crawled under houses for a living for 20+ years in Kentucky. I have a love/hate relationship with snakes. I have many, many escapes where snakes are concerned. I respect them but I do not like them. I am not afraid of anything I know of except losing my family. I am not afraid of snakes but, I do not like them.

That stated, I don't like snakes. Ask me why, and I will state, I don't like snakes. (It may be the slithering sneaking, and deception associated with snakes. Who knows, but I don't like snakes.

I'm going out on a limb here but from what I'm reading you don't like snakes?

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F, cloudy and humid. Clearing later with increasing chances for rain tonight through Friday. Could see 88°F for our high.

Never watched a Masters or any other golf ever.

Meh, I'll watch golf every now and then when nothing else is on. I've shot a few rounds over the past 40 years, but last time was more than 20 years ago at Fort Hood.

-------------------------

Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

dd13e960e1032b11dbe20a01ca7d527e.png

Back from the first practice of the year. Mainly hitting and a little outfield. My hitting was normal mostly line drives when I connected good. Few pop ups and did put a couple on the fence at 300 feet and a couple of one hoppers to the fence so, I still have enough power to go out on occasion. However, I have never hit for power. I have always been a base hitter going deep only when the situation needed to advance runners or score a run and have on occasion hit one or two out a year on average.

While out there I ran into a guy who used to play with us about 10 years back who retired very early from it because of work. He came out to see how we were doing and talked for a while. Ask me if I still taught Karate and I said yes so he ask If I could teach his son (8) and cost was not an issue. I told him I taught from 2pm- 3pm or 3:30 depending on how I felt for the day and that his boy would still be in school. Apparently not, he is home schooled and has wanted to take martial arts for the last year or 2 so, and that time would not be a problem. His aunt would bring him and take him home. Well, I just picked up our third student. Trying to keep it a small group to help student to teacher ratio down.
Was doing it as a favor to an old friends daughter then, my instructor brought his girlfriend and now another one and I told them it is not about the money and the cost to them is a poultry $10.00 a week. Just need money for my gas to get there. I live out of town and drive about 34 miles round trip.
I remember those days. Have a great season and have a lot of fun. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F, cloudy and humid. Clearing later with increasing chances for rain tonight through Friday. Could see 88°F for our high.

Meh, I'll watch golf every now and then when nothing else is on. I've shot a few rounds over the past 40 years, but last time was more than 20 years ago at Fort Hood.

-------------------------

Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

dd13e960e1032b11dbe20a01ca7d527e.png
Got old army buddies trying to get me to go golfing with them. Even offered an old set of clubs if I would go. I told them that is an old mans sport and I am still playing softball. Maybe when I grow up. Went about 20 years ago with some friends and tried my hand with the driver. Hooked the first one, sliced the second one, drove the cart the rest of the day as they played.

Good Monday Morning D League

Getting ready for the sun to shine. The clouds have rolled away and the moisture from the sky stopped. We will have a bright, bright sunshiney day. It is currently 66°, Winds are NNW at 5 mph and Humidity 86%. Our high should reach 75° with lots of sun and a 1% chance of rain.

I am listening to the radio and a local gun shop owner is making fun of Joe Biden and his gun grabbers. He made a statement that is probably one reason we have so many crazy people with guns. He has sold 30,000 weapons and each time a customer has to fill out the form for the government. Not one time has the ATF been to his shop to question him about someone who lied on that form. It is supposedly against the law but it is a law never enforced at his place. Bottom line, enforce the laws we have because people are breaking them. Does the public know Joe Biden's son, Hunter, lied on his form we he purchased a gun. No one said a word did they? And nothing happened to him. Enforce the laws we have.

Oh well have a great day. I am off to get my wife's Q5 serviced. It is the one or two times a year she let's me drive it. LOL. Which is fine because I am a pick up boy.

enhance

Had that same hat one yesterday and a similar shirt as in it was a stay dry type and red.
I was a long legged short stop and played a little center field. Not too bad at the bat but I was never the ball player my daddy was. I could match him in speed and throwing the ball but he had a lot more power. I guess he got it from loading coal when he was a young man.

Have fun and keep plenty of ointment on hand.

tube-with-ointment-picture-id818410534

Do you like snakes?

Bom dia,

• It looks like today's weather might be a bit better than yesterday.
  • My daughter and her friend made it over yesterday. It was a wonderful visit.
    • I was pleased with the steaks, sweet potatoes, and asparagus. I think they were as well. They scarfed it down pretty quickly and then asked for take-home before they left.
    • Grilled peaches, eh. They could have cooked longer, but even then, I feel they sound better than it turns out. Give me grilled pineapple all day instead.
  • Did I mention that I complain about arrhythmia? Arrhythmia sucks, just saying. lol
  • Working at home this week. Studying for an IO-Link course, I am scheduled to teach next week. If you are into industrial automation, IO-Link is cool.
  • I hope everyone has a great start to the week.
"Let's have 11 cheers for binary!"

IO-Link Consortium - Light read if you are bored.

Edit: I mentioned being a technical trainer. Which I am. However, I found that the job I have now is not to the depth of engineering. It is more product training type of thing on a wide array of technologies. This is fine, as I am still learning the industrial automation and sensor technology worlds. I guess my point is, I would not consider myself to be at the Field Service Engineer level and want to avoid over-selling my skill level at this point.

Last edited:
I was a long legged short stop and played a little center field. Not too bad at the bat but I was never the ball player my daddy was. I could match him in speed and throwing the ball but he had a lot more power. I guess he got it from loading coal when he was a young man.

Have fun and keep plenty of ointment on hand.

tube-with-ointment-picture-id818410534
I never had a lot of running speed but, good quick twitch muscles so, infield was my game. A lot of third and second base for baseball and softball. However, once people figured I could pitch with a good high arch in slow pitch softball, that is where I stayed. Most do not want to pitch because the pitcher is only 50 ft. away from the batter and that ball comes back in a hurry. As I said, good quick twitch muscles helped a lot. That and Karate helped too. I developed some good hand speed and it pretty much kept me safe but, I have been hit a few times over the years. A few years back, the local district said they were going to make it mandatory to wear mask on the mound so, I bought one as most other pitchers did only to have them decide against making it mandatory. Half of us wear them anyway because at my age, my reflexes have slowed somewhat and my eyesight while still good, does not always pick the ball up off of the bat as quickly.

I don't know if Britbox carries Doc Martin but if they do then I'd highly recommend watching. We watch it every Thursday night on KET/PBS. Comedy/drama. Worth it just for the scenery.

Yes, excellent. First season goes back about 15 years now (They shoot every other year as I understand.).

Yes. Only 8 episodes per season too. Next season will sadly be the last.
Didn't know they were still making that show. We watched it on Netflix 4 or 5 years ago. Is a good show.....the Mrs. loved it. I'll have to tell her to scout around since there's some seasons/shows she hasn't seen.

I attended a couple Holiness services in Middlesboro area. Never could get too far into it. Loved the energy. Snakes were no problem. Just a bad fit for me.

Morning D, beautiful day here in the Berg, cool right now but warming up!!!!

I saw snakes were discussed, my son raised 2 while he was at home in a box in his room, both corn snakes. One was black and white, sold it for big bucks!!!! Me I hate them!!!! After he married and had a daughter, he caught a Green snake and gave it to her, she kept it for a long time she named it Verde!!!

Another emotional day at church yesterday, ordained another one of my best friends, that's 2 in two weeks! while I am sad to lose my friends to another church, how can I be sad for them doing what GOD has called them to do!!!

Had a dream last night about trout fishing, I caught one so big that when I got it to the boat. one eye was on one side of the boat and the other eye on the other side!

Had bacon and mater sandwiches for supper last night, had a Campari tomato, sweetest tomato I have ever had, got them at Kroger.

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!! I saw where the D, had some birthdays, so happy belated birthday wishes to you!!!!

Beware of a wolf in sheep clothing!!!!! Just saying!!!!!

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Here's my softball story:

I was a decent ballplayer in my youth, who didn't really pursue it past my 20s. But in my 30s, I got in a Media Co-Ed Softball league in DC. Now, you can imagine how mediocre a co-ed league of media types was, but I was a single guy and it could be fun...Anyway, the person running the league took it very, very seriously, giving year-end awards, etc. One year I was named "All-League Shortstop." That's in the co-ed media league, remember. A reporter buddy, who had actually been in the Dodgers system way back, heard about that from someone, and never stopped ridiculing my "award."

The next spring, we all went to the annual black-tie dinner in DC, the White House Correspondents Dinner (the one Trump, to his credit, pretty much killed by ignoring it. It was pretty much what the critics say - a place where reporters sucked up to celebrities and politicians. But it was a good place to meet women in my single days.) My friend was high enough on the food chain to invite a celebrity, and so had brought along Hall of Fame legend Brooks Robinson to attend -- a guy who had been an idol of mine.

After the dinner, we were all about half drunk, Brooks included, and my friend called me over to meet my hero. "Brooks, I'd like you to meet my friend. He was all co-ed media league shortstop last year." And without missing a beat Brooks Robinson, one of the greatest infielders in history, says, "Wow, that's really impressive."

The whole group of people standing there had a huge laugh at my expense. (Brooks turned out to be a decent guy. The whole thing was a set up. But it certainly put my softball 'career' in the proper perspective.)

I was a decent ballplayer in my youth, who didn't really pursue it past my 20s. But in my 30s, I got in a Media Co-Ed Softball league in DC. Now, you can imagine how mediocre a co-ed league of media types was, but I was a single guy and it could be fun...Anyway, the person running the league took it very, very seriously, giving year-end awards, etc. One year I was named "All-League Shortstop." That's in the co-ed media league, remember. A reporter buddy, who had actually been in the Dodgers system way back, heard about that from someone, and never stopped ridiculing my "award."

The next spring, we all went to the annual black-tie dinner in DC, the White House Correspondents Dinner (the one Trump, to his credit, pretty much killed by ignoring it. It was pretty much what the critics say - a place where reporters sucked up to celebrities and politicians. But it was a good place to meet women in my single days.) My friend was high enough on the food chain to invite a celebrity, and so had brought along Hall of Fame legend Brooks Robinson to attend -- a guy who had been an idol of mine.

After the dinner, we were all about half drunk, Brooks included, and my friend called me over to meet my hero. "Brooks, I'd like you to meet my friend. He was all co-ed media league shortstop last year." And without missing a beat Brooks Robinson, one of the greatest infielders in history, says, "Wow, that's really impressive."

The whole group of people standing there had a huge laugh at my expense. (Brooks turned out to be a decent guy. The whole thing was a set up. But it certainly put my softball 'career' in the proper perspective.)
This is the early front runner for the story of the week.

Edit: This would be another HUGE feather in your cap should you win. Hell, I will even print a certificate.

"The D-League Fraa-Gee-Lay Award"

@cordmaker .... did you slow cooker chicken/noodle dish yesterday with a little twist. The Mrs. wanted to see what it would taste like with dressing instead of noodles. So she cooked the chicken in the crock per your recipe....and when done put it, since it's kind of a gravy, over chicken dressing (the easy box kind). Gotta tell ya....was good.

WoW.... What a life you have had... Is your award akin to the bread award(s) that Kansas hangs their hat on? (I had to state it...) ;)

Also Brooks was one of my playing idols along with Aurelio Rodriguez (Of the Tigers) back in the day. I always watched those two especially when the Orioles played the Tigers. I was at a Tiger game in the old Tiger Stadium when the Tigers were playing the Orioles. I had seats in the second row on the third base side. I got to see both up close playing the hot corner like no other combination did in my memory. I watched Brooks fielding and he NEVER made an error. His hands were so quick and his anticipation was so great. he knew what would happen before it happened. His arm was good too but that is where Aurelio had the advantage. (It was Aurelio who broke Brooks consecutive Gold Glove awards.)(Again, Aurelio did not have the longevity or greatness Brooks had but he was a good, good ball player.)

I will never forget Aurelio warming up at third and making throws to first. (I was playing some decent ball at the time but was still in my mid to early teens. Aurelio would throw from about two feet off the ground and the ball never left it's plane going to first. He also used a new glove while practicing and wore his old glove while playing. Brooks was a better hitter and fielder and of course was inducted into the hall of fame but they were two great players (Aurelio's career was nothing like Brooks though in comparison.) I remember vividly. Thanks

Oh, I hope this beautiful day here spreads to all of you in spirit. May God's joy fill your hearts to where you can love the unlovable and befriend the unfriendly. God Bless you all!

WoW.... What a life you have had... Is your award akin to the bread award(s) that Kansas hangs their hat on? (I had to state it...) ;)

Also Brooks was one of my playing idols along with Aurelio Rodriguez (Of the Tigers) back in the day. I always watched those two especially when the Orioles played the Tigers. I was at a Tiger game in the old Tiger Stadium when the Tigers were playing the Orioles. I had seats in the second row on the third base side. I got to see both up close playing the hot corner like no other combination did in my memory. I watched Brooks fielding and he NEVER made an error. His hands were so quick and his anticipation was so great. he knew what would happen before it happened. His arm was good too but that is where Aurelio had the advantage. (It was Aurelio who broke Brooks consecutive Gold Glove awards.)(Again, Aurelio did not have the longevity or greatness Brooks had but he was a good, good ball player.)

I will never forget Aurelio warming up at third and making throws to first. (I was playing some decent ball at the time but was still in my mid to early teens. Aurelio would throw from about two feet off the ground and the ball never left it's plane going to first. He also used a new glove while practicing and wore his old glove while playing. Brooks was a better hitter and fielder and of course was inducted into the hall of fame but they were two great players (Aurelio's career was nothing like Brooks though in comparison.) I remember vividly. Thanks

Oh, I hope this beautiful day here spreads to all of you in spirit. May God's joy fill your hearts to where you can love the unlovable and befriend the unfriendly. God Bless you all!
BBUK - Yes, my co-ed softball league award is very much in the tradition of the Helms bread company banners Kansas and UNC embrace. The difference - I tried to hide it from my buddies. They hang them in their arenas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT