ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Yeah I don't see them beating Baylor. They barely escaped with a win over a #15 seed.

Three Pac-12 teams left in the Elite 8. Didn't see that coming.
The seeding for the number ones were solid except for one. But this committee did a horrible job seeding. Of course it was a truncated year for a lot of programs and that make it difficult but the seeding committee should be fired.

The Big Ten and ACC were over seeded as usual but the Pac 12 teams have shined.

If you guys do not mind, I will probably start jumping in from time-to-time.

I don't follow the sports side hardly at all anymore, and the Political Thread, well, you know how it is.

I like to read those threads, but I do not interact very much there.

You guys seem more my speed these days. :)
If you are old and grumpy you will fit in well! 🤣

Welcome.

I don't follow the sports side hardly at all anymore, and the Political Thread, well, you know how it is.

Drop in anytime, but first you have to give bank acc.# and SS# just for safe keeping here in the D!!!

Same reasons I post mostly here. Read a few threads on RR from time to time. During election season I was on the Political often but that mess gets old. A lot of name calling I don't need or enjoy.
I'm the type that I don't spend a whole lot of time looking at other threads....there's a ton and I don't want to spend that much time reading all or most....no desire to spend all day on the computer, laptop, tablet, phone.
Remember the first time I checked out this thread. It was like an oasis in a vast desert. Friendly people, no name calling, good interaction on all sort of things, etc.
Welcome augustaky1. Have seen many of your posts in other threads and you're a good poster.

Same reasons I post mostly here. Read a few threads on RR from time to time. During election season I was on the Political often but that mess gets old. A lot of name calling I don't need or enjoy.
I'm the type that I don't spend a whole lot of time looking at other threads....there's a ton and I don't want to spend that much time reading all or most....no desire to spend all day on the computer, laptop, tablet, phone.
Remember the first time I checked out this thread. It was like an oasis in a vast desert. Friendly people, no name calling, good interaction on all sort of things, etc.
Welcome augustaky1. Have seen many of your posts in other threads and you're a good poster.
I appreciate the kind words.

I agree with you on the name-calling and such.

I actually follow(ed) the Political Thread a lot. However, I am burned out on almost all of that stuff.

I found myself following several posters in a more general manner. The trolling gets to be too much anymore.

I have been reading this thread off-and-on for a good while. I like the geniality of the posters here.

I hope to add to the conversations positively.

I see you are from Northern Ky, what part?
Originally from Augusta, Ky. Hence the screen name.

Now I am in Erlanger.

After the Navy, I moved back to Augusta and knew I would drive to "the city" for work. A few years back, I decided I was tired of living in the flood zone and the flood insurance.

I sold the house and got an apartment close to work here in NKY while looking for property to build on.

I decided I liked being 10 minutes from work. I sold the property and bought a little ranch house that needs fixing up—tons of projects to keep me busy.

More than you asked. But I have had lots of coffee this morning.

Originally from Augusta, Ky. Hence the screen name.

Now I am in Erlanger.

After the Navy, I moved back to Augusta and knew I would drive to "the city" for work. A few years back, I decided I was tired of living in the flood zone and the flood insurance.

I sold the house and got an apartment close to work here in NKY while looking for property to build on.

I decided I liked being 10 minutes from work. I sold the property and bought a little ranch house that needs fixing up—tons of projects to keep me busy.

More than you asked. But I have had lots of coffee this morning.
I enjoy reading about the D!!! Thank you for your service!!!! I was NG 69-75!

Welcome my brother, we are just a bunch of old boys having a good time. We have a nice lady check in every once in awhile too.

Of all the forums you will find the D League the most knowledgeable about living and life. We are down to earth, have many diverse life experiences and treat each other with respect. Even when we may not agree. I doubt the D League agrees with half of the things I post but no one attacks me or makes fun of me. They might think it but they keep it inside, hit like and move on. :)

So welcome and please jump right in.

Welcome Augusta! I think you'll like it here.

I enjoy reading about the D!!! Thank you for your service!!!! I was NG 69-75!
I have found myself reading about the Paddock more-and-more and following basketball less-and-less. Finally got rid of live TV about a year ago and do not miss it one iota.

I did 15 years in the Navy and then the administration side of the Navy could not figure out how to handle my sleep apnea.

So my career ended due to not being world-wide deployable. It is a long story and it broke my heart. Truthfully.

I am a person that got far more from the Navy than I can ever repay.

I do appreciate the sentiment, but I never need to be "thanked" for my service. Everything good I have in my life is a direct result of the things I learned and was able to experience during my hitch.

Luckily, I never had to serve in combat. I was a tech weenie that got to see and do a lot of NEAT stuff.

I do appreciate everybody who stepped up and I think most of us are better for experiencing the military in whatever branch that would have been.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • 2 mugs of Dark Magic down and that is all for me.
  • Wish I had a Starnes BBQ sandwich after while.
  • Watched Alabama
  • miss all of those FTs and turn it over a lot. Almost. Gone,
  • Welcome Augusta1
  • My Granny's middle name.
  • Where oh where is Beverly?
  • No wildlife. Weird.
  • You know ........ as you were.
  • Carry on.

I have found myself reading about the Paddock more-and-more and following basketball less-and-less. Finally got rid of live TV about a year ago and do not miss it one iota.

I did 15 years in the Navy and then the administration side of the Navy could not figure out how to handle my sleep apnea.

So my career ended due to not being world-wide deployable. It is a long story and it broke my heart. Truthfully.

I am a person that got far more from the Navy than I can ever repay.

I do appreciate the sentiment, but I never need to be "thanked" for my service. Everything good I have in my life is a direct result of the things I learned and was able to experience during my hitch.

Luckily, I never had to serve in combat. I was a tech weenie that got to see and do a lot of NEAT stuff.

I do appreciate everybody who stepped up and I think most of us are better for experiencing the military in whatever branch that would have been.

I don't know...

I still go back the the Navy camouflage dress uniform.... Their seriously needs to be a Bill Engvall stupid sign made for the Navy Battle Dress Uniforms (BDU's), of the Blue variety....

Why you ask?

You fall in the water and.................................. No one can see you...... 😁

One of my second sons told me that and him being former Navy my son rags him all the time about that... had to bring it up...

Last edited:

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

My experience also. Don got this going. He is about as agreeable as a man can get.

I have met several of the D-Leaguers and they are simply top drawer people.

Any name calling here between the regulars is simply for fun. I am always impressed by just had darned bright D-Leaguers are.

Last edited:
Good morning D, we are now down to 30 degrees, but it's going to be a beautiful day.

Very emotional day at church yesterday, the two ladies talked about the cancer they have. One of the ladies ask that we specifically pray that they get a triple positive on their results, not sure what is involved with that, but I am asking the D, to pray for these two ladies PLEASE!!!!! Just pray for great results for them!!!!

We also ordained one of my best friends nd now they will be leaving our church for the church that has called him to theirs, We will miss them. Then on the 11th we are going to ordain another very close friend of mine and he will also be leaving for another church. I know they are doing what GOD has called them to do, but I will miss them!!!!!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D, thanks for your friendship, even if it is cyber!!!!
Prayers sent up for the two ladies at Your Church!

Can never really understand the SEC love when UK is not involved. Really curious if other SEC teams root for UK when we are playing big games, or do they want us to lose the same way UL fans do.

I personally don't think other SEC teams/fanbases would cheer for UK if we were playing against the Taliban. Really don't think I am pulling for Arkansas just because they are a member of the SEC. I doubt Nolan Richardson would be cheering for us. LOL

Welcome my brother, we are just a bunch of old boys having a good time. We have a nice lady check in every once in awhile too.

Of all the forums you will find the D League the most knowledgeable about living and life. We are down to earth, have many diverse life experiences and treat each other with respect. Even when we may not agree. I doubt the D League agrees with half of the things I post but no one attacks me or makes fun of me. They might think it but they keep it inside, hit like and move on. :)

NOT ME! I say what ever I want to when Mrs. M says I can!!!!!!

Welcome to the oasis.

Sawnee, we do make fun of you, but it's behind your back. Oh wait, that's Bert. Nevermind.

I just heard one of the funniest stories on a friend of mine I think have ever heard. He is a PROUD MILITARY VET!!!!

So he has been having hip problems and had to have some surgery. They are in the room, he is setting in a chair and his wife tells him, I am going to get something to drink and tells him, don't you dare move, I will be right back. She leaves, he decides he has to go to the bathroom, he don't call the nurse, gets up and falls, but doesn't get hurt. The nurse and his wife hears him fall and helps him up. His wife is fussing at him and the nurse asks him Mr.F were you embarrassed to ask us to help you? He tells her no, I was just afraid for ya'll to see how close I was to being a girl!!!!!

Thievery and pilfering from the ..... TAX PAYERS..... Nothing more, nothing less... Yeah you'd think the "government" would take care of the soldier a WHOLE lot better and FIRST before the free... giveaway's ... Just disgusting...
Helping a couple friends with their taxes (not a tax expert, Lordy, just answering some questions they have)....
but another little nugget most people don't know about is that the first $10.200 of unemployment compensation for 2020 is.....tax free.

I don't know...

I still go back the the Navy camouflage dress uniform.... Their seriously needs to be a Bill Engvall stupid sign made for the Navy Battle Dress Uniforms (BDU's), of the Blue variety....

Why you ask?

You fall in the water and.................................. No one can see you...... 😁

One of my second sons told me that and him being former Navy my son rags him all the time about that... had to bring it up...
I never wore those - mixed feelings.

The idea was great from a work perspective. No more tucking your pants in your socks for working parties, plenty of pockets, etc.

Those pockets would have been great for my light, leatherman, and a multi-meter, at least. My tweaker was always in my shirt pocket. Never went anywhere without that.

My understanding is Tweaker means something totally different today. Damn, I am old.

Hell, I even loved the idea of mixed / camouflage colors of Haze Grey, Deck Grey, White, etc.

It would definitely help and look better than paint-splattered dungarees. At least on paper, that is. :)

They missed the mark on the camouflage design - by a country mile. No, scratch that. By a nautical mile, at least.

Always good to chat with an Augusta Panther. Now for the needle:

My brother was a basketball player for Silver Grove the same year George Clooney was a senior, and the Big Trains schooled your boys...It is likely true that Clooney went on to make more money than my brother, so it all evens out...

Always good to chat with an Augusta Panther. Now for the needle:

My brother was a basketball player for Silver Grove the same year George Clooney was a senior, and the Big Trains schooled your boys...It is likely true that Clooney went on to make more money than my brother, so it all evens out...
Silver Grove was always a battle. As much before and after the games.

George was a few years ahead of me. Just a typical upperclassman, IMHO. I never hung out with him, of course, but with a town of about 1,000, it is hard not to cross paths on occasion.

He sure succeeded a lot more off the court than on.

I wonder how many eggs were thrown against the visiting team's bus over the years. :uzi:

I will concede that you guys came out on top in regards to a Dairy Bar.

Edit: I was on the team for several years. However, I was a Grade-A Pine Shiner.

In Cherry Hill? Off Commonwealth somewhere? DW grew up in CH.
In the neighborhood back behind the Super Bowl area. I used to work at a machine builder (RAJ), and this was super convenient.

I looked at several newer areas. But wanted something to fix up. Get my fat butt moving so-to-speak, and my daughter tells me I need projects. a LOT of projects.

My new gig is on Industrial, so it is still a nice, short commute.

Silver Grove was always a battle. As much before and after the games.

George was a few years ahead of me. Just a typical upperclassman, IMHO. I never hung out with him, of course, but with a town of about 1,000, it is hard not to cross paths on occasion.

He sure succeeded a lot more off the court than on.

I wonder how many eggs were thrown against the visiting team's bus over the years. :uzi:

I will concede that you guys came out on top in regards to a Dairy Bar.

Edit: I was on the team for several years. However, I was a Grade-A Pine Shiner.
My family was originally from Bracken County. My uncle was on that "famous" Bracken County team from the 1940s where Adolph Rupp offered the entire starting five scholarships. My uncle got drafted and never played varsity from UK but I believe one or two guys did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT