ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Well, heck, sad ORU lost. Great effort.

Next up: Gonzaga va Creighton. My aunt, Agnes, passed away a couple years ago in Reno, NV after moving there in 2018 from Omaha area in 2017. She donated her body to Creighton School of Medicine.

Go Bluejays!

Edit: game playing tomorrow. Go Houston Cougars!

Last edited:
Interesting to watch Houston effectively attack this 1-3-1 zone. Kelvin Sampson obviously drilled his team all week on getting the ball to the post, with a guy there capable of making fast, good decisions.

I remember how baffled Indiana under Tom Crean was as a #1 seed in this same round.

UP%203950%20-1A%20New%20at%20Global-3%20Yard%20Rochelle%20IL%208-27-03%20%201024VS.jpg

Good Morning D

Trust all had a good night's rest after some entertaining basketball. I actually think I may enjoy watching games more with UK uninvited, less pressure and worry.

Well we are in store from some very nice weather and just look at that moon outside.

Our current temperature is 63° and the high will be 80°. Winds are out of SE at 2 mph and the old humidity is a pleasant 91%. The Visibility is 10 miles and Moon Phase: Full Moon, And this morning's moon looks something like this.

Caladesi Island off of Honeymoon Island. Time for another cup of coffee

49644687558.jpg

It's a rainy morning in the Buckeye State. Temp at about 50, which is to be the high, and the rain will end here in another hour or two.

Got a few things done yesterday. Grass is a dark, dark green....so I guess the fertilizer/pre-emergence is doing it's job.

Fired up the grill last night for the first time this Spring. Did a little BBQ and thought I'd watch a little college b'ball for the first time since @UF. Had about 3 'woke' commercials in a row (one by the NCAA)...and suddenly... the outdoor TV skipped channels to an episode of The Rifleman. Must have a small varmit that got in it over the Winter.

Everyone have a safe, happy, healthy Palm Sunday.

It is a partly sunny 54.1°F here. We had thunder storms for a good portion of the night and got 1.31 inches of rain. No wind with the rain so that is good but it was nearly continuous thunder for a good portion of the night.

I had a good talk with Ymmot yesterday afternoon. He ain't missing us at all!

Enjoy you Sunday.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F, overcast and wind gusts hitting 20 MPH. Today's high could reach 75°F. Meh.

Enjoyed the games yesterday. Happy Bears won. I work with a couple Baylor grads. Probably catch a few more games later after chores/errands.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

b63f795f472dc84636f3779cc4f35f66.jpg

Good morning D-League. Back from a long walk in the dreary rain that followed two absolutely beautiful days.

I watched more basketball yesterday than I think I have all year. It was interesting to me -- some exciting games and good players. BUt I didn't see a team I thought was clearly better that the last two pre-Covid Kentucky teams -- Herro, Johnson, PJ Washington, or Maxey, Quickley, Richards. Maybe we see what we want to see, but I'm comfortable with that observation.

What it means to me is that this year's collapse is the anomaly, not the inevitable result of a long decline. But I don't expect everyone will see it that way.

Off to a birthday weekend lunch with my wife in the historic town of Frederick, Maryland, best known in history as the setting for the Civl War era poem "Barbara Frietchie" by John Greenleaf Whittier: "Shoot if you must this old gray head, but spare my country's flag, she said."

Something tells me they aren't still teaching that one in American schools...

There was an old woman by that name who lived in the town when Confederate troops passed through, and she was known for her patriotism, but the details of the poem are likely not historically accurate...

Last edited:
It is a partly sunny 54.1°F here. We had thunder storms for a good portion of the night and got 1.31 inches of rain. No wind with the rain so that is good but it was nearly continuous thunder for a good portion of the night.
Just got a text from my son in N'ville (actually Southern 'burb). Screenshot of storms at 1:30a.m. and said that yesterday N'ville got 7 inches of rain and where he's at got 12. That's hard to believe. Don't know if he's getting that from radio/TV/weather app/etc. Since he's living temporarily in a hotel/suite till he finds a permanent residence he doesn't have his weather station set up, so I know it's not from that.
But that is a LOT of rain.

I slept in GOOD this morning. Does me no good though because I'm in the middle of an RA flare up and no amount of sleep is enough.

I watched a lot of basketball yesterday as well and something has me ticked off. The way players are allowed to palm the ball now gets on my nerves. How many times have we seen our players called for a 'walk' when they start their dribble off a pass? What does that matter if you let guys palm the ball on a crossover or take 4 steps in the lane?

The rules of basketball are fairly simple and referees are paid to enforce them. They fail. I want them to sit at a table after the game and answer questions just like the losing coach has to. Show them clips of calls they made and ask them WHY? If they had to answer to their incompetence, or bias, every game then they might start to do better.

I sure do enjoy watching Gonzaga play basketball. I haven't seen them this year until the tournament but they are exciting. The way they attack on offense and pass the ball reminds me of the old Rupp teams. Offense, a lost art to most programs but the Zags know how to do it.

And I just realized one of their best players is a freshman. Wow,

I slept in GOOD this morning. Does me no good though because I'm in the middle of an RA flare up and no amount of sleep is enough.
By RA I assume you're talking about Rheumatoid arthritis. Had a guy that worked for me years ago whose wife had it. Pretty bad. She was low to mid 30s at the time. He used to always talk about her getting a 'gold shot'. Wasn't sure if it was actually a shot with some type of gold/gold property in it or if was his term for a very, very expensive injection. Found out it was the former.

Don't think they give those anymore. ?

By RA I assume you're talking about Rheumatoid arthritis. Had a guy that worked for me years ago whose wife had it. Pretty bad. She was low to mid 30s at the time. He used to always talk about her getting a 'gold shot'. Wasn't sure if it was actually a shot with some type of gold/gold property in it or if was his term for a very, very expensive injection. Found out it was the former.

Don't think they give those anymore. ?
I don't know. I take Humira and it is worth about 10x the value of gold by weight.

I was flipping through channels, when I came across an old basketball game between Michael Jordan's Bulls and Patrick Ewing's Knicks. In the top left corner it says, "previously recorded". I would hope that part was obvious to everyone, considering Jordan and Ewing are playing.

I am looking forward to the Florida State v Michigan game. I remember when Leonard Hamilton was just a young coach recruiting Daryl Dawkins. I saw Coach Hamilton at a high school game in St Pete, FL where Dawkins was playing with his Orlando team and he said Dawkins was a man playing with children. He was right on the money with that statement.

I will pull for Coach Hamilton in honor of his great recruiting while Joe B's assistant at UK

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F, overcast and wind gusts hitting 20 MPH. Today's high could reach 75°F. Meh.

Enjoyed the games yesterday. Happy Bears won. I work with a couple Baylor grads. Probably catch a few more games later after chores/errands.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

b63f795f472dc84636f3779cc4f35f66.jpg

I am looking forward to the Florida State v Michigan game. I remember when Leonard Hamilton was just a young coach recruiting Daryl Dawkins. I saw Coach Hamilton at a high school game in St Pete, FL where Dawkins was playing with his Orlando team and he said Dawkins was a man playing with children. He was right on the money with that statement.

I will pull for Coach Hamilton in honor of his great recruiting while Joe B's assistant at UK
Hate to talk about a UL guy, but I saw Wes Unseld in the state tournie when he was a junior. He was a man among boys. Anyhow the point of the post follows. Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder, Dr Dunkenstein, etc) was playing against the Bullets in the NBA at Washington. They lost the game and Dawkins was mad. He did a number on the visitors locker room, pulling urinals and sinks off the wall. Later a sports writer asked Wes what he thought about Dawkins. Wes said, "Daryl is a nice boy. He calls me MISTER Unseld."

FS needs to tighten it up. Too many turnovers. And my goodness they have to make a few three balls. They play the physical style it takes with Mich, but if they keep this up Leonard and the squad are in trouble.
That has always been a problem with Leonard Hamilton's teams. Undisciplined and they will suddenly out of nowhere throw the ball into the 5th row.

Like you said if they keep this up they are going home on the midnight train to Tallahassee

Just got a text from my son in N'ville (actually Southern 'burb). Screenshot of storms at 1:30a.m. and said that yesterday N'ville got 7 inches of rain and where he's at got 12. That's hard to believe. Don't know if he's getting that from radio/TV/weather app/etc. Since he's living temporarily in a hotel/suite till he finds a permanent residence he doesn't have his weather station set up, so I know it's not from that.
But that is a LOT of rain.
12 inches of rain!!!! Good Lord.

Zags dominated Bluejays. Great team ball. Could easily win it all.

Next up: Leonard Hamilton and FSU take on Wolverines. Go Noles!

Speaking of basketball, here's some great news:

I've been flipping back and forth between the FSU/Michigan game and the match play championship in Austin. It must be really windy there today. Beautiful golf course.

Haha, yesterday I went into a little store to buy a cheap paint brush and when I came out the guy parked next to me in some kind of little Japanese car revved his motor a few times before he could take off. He had one of those coffee can exhaust tips on there that make that NOISE that we all hate. I took the opportunity to let him hear what a 5.7 liter hemi with straight pipe dual exhaust sounds like when he got behind me. He revved it up again and peeled out for about 2 feet. I think it was to escape the thunderous cacophony.

They pull up to Corvettes and do that crap. They aren't worth wasting the gas. Corvette owners call them Ricers.

That has always been a problem with Leonard Hamilton's teams. Undisciplined and they will suddenly out of nowhere throw the ball into the 5th row.

Like you said if they keep this up they are going home on the midnight train to Tallahassee
You nailed it Sawnee. Florida State will always have lots of athletic talent, and be capable on any given night if getting hot and blowing a team out.

But you’ll never go that far in a tournament being undisciplined, careless with the ball, selfish and disconnected from each other.

I hope all's day is well. God Bless you all on this Lord's day.

I have been able to spend the last couple days with my darling.

I had a little nugget of news happen to me late this past work week I will share tomorrow. AGAIN I state, No man can take from you what God want's you to have. God is good to me in spite of ME!

I had a good talk with Ymmot yesterday afternoon. He ain't missing us at all!

Enjoy you Sunday.

We're not missing him either. We have Bertfan31, who's a lot better poster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT