ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

The transfers will make this class. We still need a pg.
For good or for bad Askew is coming back. 4-star PG Nolan Hickman will be coming next year and 4-star PG TyTy Washington decommitted from Creighton and has UK in the mix. Also, 5-star Skyy Clark, who has already signed with UK could reclassify to 2021 (unlikely but possible). It's not like getting a John Wall or Tyler Ulis but it's better than nothing.

So, our UK basketball season is over? No joke, I just now learned this sad fact as I didn't watch one game during this apparently pathetic season. Looks like I didn't miss much of anything.
Smart move, you missed out on misery and the worst season for UK since 1926 or when ever it was.

Our basketball program wants to imitate Tennessee football.

Dang Sawnee. If you are going to start dropping Georg Friedrich Hegel on us, I'm going to be too intimidated to post...But I agree with the sentiment.
I thought I better get this on record before Cancel Culture puts it in the deep freeze. Hegel is on the short list of burying for eternity.

Those who were students of philosophy and free thought are not welcome in a Woke America.

So, we're in the post-season cycle. Askew back. That's mixed news at best. The kid seems to have a decent attitude but he's a .lot more than a year away from being a starter on a successful Kentucky team.

I'm excited about Oscar Tschiebwe. His muscular size and mean streak is exactly what Kentucky needed this year. I see his as 'a working class Julius Randle.' And that's good.

Daimion Collins - the great wildcard. He's got jaw dropping quick reactions and fluid skills for a guy 6'10''. But he seems way too skinny to be a game changer next year. One ray of hope - he's almost exactly to same size coming out of high school as Anthony Davis was. I thought he'd be too slight but he definitely proved me wrong.

The other two kids are decent bench players for a school like Kentucky -- not stars.

If no one comes back but Ware, Toppin, Allen and Askew, hard to see more than a bubble team in all that.

Cal better be digging up that magic wand he had from 2010-2017 or so.

Speaking of football, looks like the Cats are getting an accomplished running backs coach from Wisconsin. Hopefully he stays longer than the last one.

Always have thought that football coaches are a mysterious lot...more so than b'ball coaches.
I get that the ultimate career goal is to be a HC and/or getting to a bigger school/conference for the career advancement and income. But, I've never been able to figure out why an asst coach or position coach will make a lateral move. From one power 5 school to another. Happens all the time.
Now, I can see it if the 'handwriting is on the wall' or you don't like your boss (HC), but these coaches go from job to job to job.

Morning Legionnaires!

70's on tap today with possible thunderstorms. Need to spread "Weed & Feed" before the rain to start out the yard work year. Ankle still hurting but not as bad so, I will try to gut it out to spread the mixture.

Not unhappy the season is over since I did not watch many games this year due to the reasons stated above. I know we all have standards we live by and mine is respect to God, Family, Country, then UK. The only way I have to protest the disrespect shown our country lately is to not support the culprits monetarily or by watching. I know some will say one person does not make a difference but, it does to me because if makes me feel as if I am making a difference and I am in my life. In fact, my wife likes the fact that I have not been yelling at the tv when things are going bad during a game much this year. Not only that but, she has more time to watch what she wants. Also, If more people stop watching and buying tickets, and UK gear their pocket books will suffer and perhaps they will wise up.

All that being said, I am a UK fan for life and will never change that nor did I want them to lose any game this year. I am just glad it is over and hope that they can get their act together and teach these kids what this country is really about and that most people are not against them.

Oh and by the way Austin, not a big scallop fan so...heh, heh, heh, I won't be eating that today.

Great post and I whole-heartily agree EXCEPT...

A Scallop's almost a nightcrawler...

If I had to choose a favorite food(s) it would be grilled Scallops, a great cut of Ribeye or even New York strip steak (Has to be the right cut), grilled Shrimp, and Beef Jerky that my darling makes, not necessarily in that order but it depends on the mood at the time.

Had my second interview yesterday but I was not at all getting the warm and fuzzy feeling. I should know something by Monday. (I like the mission of this organization, I'd perform for them.)

Oh, and I do wish you all a great day. The wife and I took my Grandson to his pre-school (The daughter states that it's pre-school, I call it day care because he is not yet two.) this morning, then we went to the PX and Commissary on Fort Belvoir, we just returned home, will rest up an hour or so then go pick up the Booger Butt. He's a good one. I call him Booger Butt at times and I call his little cousin Little Booger Butt sometimes. They are both keepers.

May God guide you at all times and provide for you in his time. God's time is the best time.

BBUK, that what I was in for 6 years, 1/123D Armor Div. I have the utmost respect for you MILITARY MEN that served our country overseas!!!! Not going to say anything else because I always get my a$$ chewed out every time I do!!!

I swiped that post from a friend of mines facebook who is a retired tanker. I went to church with him in Radcliff Ky. years ago. He just sold his home in Vine Grove (The Meade County side) after his second retirement and moved to Arizona but we keep in touch. I spent 4 years in the Army but I was only supporting the warfighters.....Sir...

Well, it is the day after the worst basketball season in my lifetime and my spirits are high. We have had the best week of weather any human could ask for. Cool temperatures, plenty of golden sunshine, green grass and blooming flowers and of course our beloved coast.

Temperatures have been in the 70's on the coast and in the low 80's inlet. Today and the next week are forecast to be the same.

I don't have much to add to our miserable season other than it didn't have to be this way. A program built on solid rock has turned into one with a foundation of sand and fans are leaving by the thousands as the program crumbles. Calipari has turned out to be a divider with no loyalty from die hard fans and I am not sure a personality like his can change.

Mitch Barnhart will have to intervene and work with Calipari to right the ship or the program is toast. When Coach Rupp retired he mentioned he wanted the program to be on a solid rock and he predicted future seasons would show if it was or not. Well it was because UK has won four more NCAA titles since he left and 4 different coaches won them. Through all of the turmoil of Sutton, Tubby and Billy Clyde the fans remained solid and never wavered. But Calipari and his leadership has that in danger. We are no longer 100% behind the program. The sand foundation must be dug up and replaced by rock. If we are to stand as the Best Program and Fan Base In College Basketball. For the first time in my life, that is in real danger

Definitely need to do some serious foundation support concrete and steal injections at the least Sir.

Fans on the edge

158290180_2812846165641475_8108737998294434760_o.jpg

Whoa! I was never afraid of heights and I used to climb as high as I had to as long as I had something sturdy to hold onto. I'd have never ventured onto something like that on my worst day. That is ludicrous, beautiful BUT, ludicrous....

I swiped that post from a friend of mines facebook who is a retired tanker. I went to church with him in Radcliff Ky. years ago. He just sold his home in Vine Grove (The Meade County side) after his second retirement and moved to Arizona but we keep in touch. I spent 4 years in the Army but I was only supporting the warfighters.....Sir...
Alright, here's a favorite from my archives for you armor guys. This shot was taken by a photographer from Hearst Newspapers named Andrew Innerarity who was my pardner on a couple trips to Iraq and Afghanistan in the early 2000s. He took this shot in March, 2003 in Kuwait at Camp Pennsylvania as the 4th ID (1st Battalion, 66th armor in this case) zeroed in their main tank guns before going into Iraq, eventually through Baghdad, Taji, Balad, Tikrit and up to Mosul.

Look closely: A few yards in from of the fireball you can see the stabilizing fins of the sabot round flying off. Now that's a well-timed photo.

Last edited:
The stat that I think sums up college basketball in general, Kentucky basketball in particular, and the NBA especially:

BJ Boston wasn't able to score a single point in what is likely to be his final college game, but he's expected to decide he's totally ready for the NBA and leave after that performance.

I've tried to remain level headed and optimistic, and see this year as an outlier caused by many unusual factors. But I'll admit that blows my mind.
Sadly, UK will probably have at least 3 declare for the draft off a team that won NINE games, which is unfathomable. It use to be that if you had 3 declare for the draft, then UK was coming off a deep March run.

Shooting occurred just two streets over from us earlier today. No one shot, but a few folks shaken up. Shooters still at large. I walk through the parking lot, pictured in the video, a few times daily.

Shooting occurred just two streets over from us earlier today. No one shot, but a few folks shaken up. Shooters still at large. I walk through the parking lot, pictured in the video, a few times daily.

Observe ATX. Bless you and yours...

The Mississippi State v Alabama game today showed me just how horrible UK was this year. We are a long way from being a competitive basketball team. Even in the SEC much less as a national contender.

Not sure you can compare scores. Nine times out of ten, when someone beats Kentucky, they lose their very next game, sometimes next two games.

Observe ATX. Bless you and yours...
Thanks. I went for my late-afternoon walk at 3:35 pm today and noticed the parking lot filled with people and police. Wife called roughly 20 minutes later. She said be careful because active shooters may be in the area.

It's rough in our neck of the woods.

Thanks. I went for my late-afternoon walk at 3:35 pm today and noticed the parking lot filled with people and police. Wife called roughly 20 minutes later. She said be careful because active shooters may be in the area.

It's rough in our neck of the woods.
Man, all this is making me nervous about my daughter being there. She already had her new car (college graduation present from my wife's mother) broken into. What happened to gentle, dope-smoking, guitar-picking, half-a-hippy Austin I used to visit 20 years ago?

Man, all this is making me nervous about my daughter being there. She already had her new car (college graduation present from my wife's mother) broken into. What happened to gentle, dope-smoking, guitar-picking, half-a-hippy Austin I used to visit 20 years ago?
If she lives down within 3 miles of UTexas campus downtown, she's good. We live in a rough part of ATX, which is 8 miles north up Lamar Blvd. Lookup crime rates for zip code 78753. Chronically high up here.

Whoa! I was never afraid of heights and I used to climb as high as I had to as long as I had something sturdy to hold onto. I'd have never ventured onto something like that on my worst day. That is ludicrous, beautiful BUT, ludicrous....
There's a place in southern Illinois called Little Grand Canyon. There are several state parks in the area. One of them is called Garden of the Gods. There's a rock formations in it that is very precarious, though not as bad as the one pictured. Every year or two, you read about someone dying from a fall there.

There's a place in southern Illinois called Little Grand Canyon. There are several state parks in the area. One of them is called Garden of the Gods. There's a rock formations in it that is very precarious, though not as bad as the one pictured. Every year or two, you read about someone dying from a fall there.
When I was a teenager a guy in my high school (of about 130 people) died in a fall on a camping trip to Red River Gorge. There have been roughly 80 deaths documented there since 1960, according to the park’s website.

Last edited:
When I was a teenager a guy in my high school (of about 130 people) died in a fall on a camping trip to Red River Gorge. There have been roughly 80 deaths documented there since 1960, according to the park’s website.
My nephew fell nearly thirty feet at the gorge, luckily/miraculously he only broke his arm. dangerous place to be wandering around at night.

Alright, here's a favorite from my archives for you armor guys. This shot was taken by a photographer from Hearst Newspapers named Andrew Innerarity who was my pardner on a couple trips to Iraq and Afghanistan in the early 2000s. He took this shot in March, 2003 in Kuwait at Camp Pennsylvania as the 4th ID (1st Battalion, 66th armor in this case) zeroed in their main tank guns before going into Iraq, eventually through Baghdad, Taji, Balad, Tikrit and up to Mosul.

Look closely: A few yards in from of the fireball you can see the stabilizing fins of the sabot round flying off. Now that's a well-timed photo.

Cool but I was not Armor, just a respecter and supporter of "Armor", and the other Warfighters. I was MI, an II to be exact. I DO enjoy your perspective and also the sharing of the intricate work you did/do. Knowing what you did/do nearly confirms that not all in your line are "fake" news. (I knew that anyway but I DO enjoy that I can converse with one such as you. Thanks!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT