ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Attended EHS and was at the State Tournament. Announcers said before the last shot “Do not rush the floor.” Yeah we didn’t pay attention to that. What a team and what a Coach Bob Fox was.

It was a great tournament. With all the consolidations of schools, we will never see a small school, like Earlington, win a State Tournament again.

I was just watching the bitchfest over on rafters and here are my thoughts. Everyone has a right to gripe, since this is the worst start, ever. But, I think a lot had to do with Covid. Usually, these young kids come on campus the 1st of June. They work out with coaches, and past players. This year, they didn't get on campus until the 1st of August, and they did not have the 2 exhibition games. Plus, Brooks, our best player has been out all season. We have lost 3 games by a total of 7 pts. Anybody not think that Brooks doesn't make this team at least 7-8 pts better? If he had played, we would have been 4-3, at the worst, and that is with the Covid issues that I mentioned. Still wouldn't be great, but we would be in decent shape to make the tournament, which I doubt we do, now. I just hope Brooks decides to come back next year.

Don’t remember if we played, but do know we played Central City.
I live in CC, but I went to a lot of the CC games, had more friends here in CC where I lived! It's kind of strange, I was looking thru some old stuff of mine not long ago and came across the bracket from the state tourney that I had filled out wit EHS winning it, gave to Alan.

Lovely sunset today near Milton, KY.

EqSFNeLW4AE02ON

Yesterday marked the 16th anniversary of the Indian Ocean earthquake/tsunami. 228,000 deaths. Some of the video was, and still is, tough to watch. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Time is flying.

My oldest daughter is 16, and I was just telling my wife the other day, that I feel like I've missed a few years with her somewhere. Seems like she should be around 12, not 16. I've come to realize, time seems to fly by faster the older you get.

I graduated in 69 too, Muhlenberg Central.

Sir, I enjoy reading your and the others posts. My brother graduated in 69 but attended Kennedy high School in Taylor Michigan. He was into taekwondo. Still keeps in shape that way. A friend of his I remember died recently. I won't go into details but I'd have never thought him that way.

Last edited:
I enjoy reading your and the others posts. My brother graduated in 69 but attended Kennedy high School in Taylor Michigan. He was into taekwondo. Still keeps in shape that way. A friend of his I remember died recently. I won't go into details but I'd have never thought him that way.
My son was into taekwondo also, may help him now that he is a police officer. I saw him one day in our hallway kick the cord hanging down from the fold up ladder into the attic!!!!

My son was into taekwondo also, may help him now that he is a police officer. I saw him one day in our hallway kick the cord hanging down from the fold up ladder into the attic!!!!

Chuck Norris once threw my brother out of the ring in a tournament. My brother was in his late teens but was fighting in an upper class and I guess knocked a guy out inadvertently and Chuck did his thing. My brother is about 5'5" and always fought larger people and I guess got too aggressive. I was there and remember Chuck but he was a hairy dude back then. (I had to have been no more than eight or nine at the most.)

*I might add, Chuck was reffing the tournament...

Last edited:
Read briskly through the posts of today. Will go and reread and like tomorrow. But just wanted to post about my day selfishly. Just had a great day with my son. Don’t get to spend much time with him anymore, he is thirty, single, and really invested in his career. He has been “home “ since Christmas Eve, and it’s been great.I’ve recently taken up golf, after a 20 year absence, and he decided to give it a try. Well, we played 18 holes today and it was one of the most enjoyable days of my life. Had a ball. Our golfing sucked, but we really enjoyed the day together. He is going back to his job tomorrow, but I will cherish this day for a long time. Sorry for the long post, and be well D.

Read briskly through the posts of today. Will go and reread and like tomorrow. But just wanted to post about my day selfishly. Just had a great day with my son. Don’t get to spend much time with him anymore, he is thirty, single, and really invested in his career. He has been “home “ since Christmas Eve, and it’s been great.I’ve recently taken up golf, after a 20 year absence, and he decided to give it a try. Well, we played 18 holes today and it was one of the most enjoyable days of my life. Had a ball. Our golfing sucked, but we really enjoyed the day together. He is going back to his job tomorrow, but I will cherish this day for a long time. Sorry for the long post, and be well D.
Not a long post, great reading about our families!!!!!

Would enjoy hearing more.

I don't see my son much but we talk or text about every day. He normally calls me as he is driving to work. I am at work or nearly at work when he calls. This covid junk has kept us from traveling much but no matter what I plan to travel this year if the Lord doesn't take me home... Hop in the car and go...

Would enjoy hearing more.

I don't see my son much but we talk or text about every day. He normally calls me as he is driving to work. I am at work or nearly at work when he calls. This covid junk has kept us from traveling much but no matter what I plan to travel this year if the Lord doesn't take me home... Hop in the car and go...
It’s a hard time during this mess. Today just reminded me how special family is. Hit me up side the actually . Love my kids.

Good morning D, not to bad here this morning 45 degrees.

Not a lot going on today, got to put up a handicap bar in the bath, then I am going to start on some ornaments, going to stock pile some, give some more away for next year!! Had a first yesterday on one of my shields I am making. I waited 4 days like I was suppose to on the paint, then bake it, but no where in those rules did it say drop and break it!! I am making it for the Trooper of the Year for Post 2. In days past I would have really got mad, but I think the age thing has changed me, I just set down and painted another one and learn from my mistake, take better care of it!!!!

Back to Exodus in our Bible reading.

I hope the D, has a great day and prayers for Bev and the rest of the D!!!!

Morning D League. You know how they say a man with a new toy is dangerous? Well, my daughter taught me how to post photos here, so I'm going to be a nuisance for a while, probably.

About two weeks ago we were talking about camels here. This is the photo I would have posted then, of two bedouin dudes updating their act in southern Iraq, 2003. I took this from a moving vehicle, so just got lucky it is fairly well framed.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Monday Monday. It is still a little cool down here with 48° presently on its way to 72° by mid afternoon. We have 0% chance of rain through out the day with full sunshine and a UV Index of 0. Not a bad day.

We had a very enjoyable day trip down to Lake Wales. What a beautiful spot that is. The overlook is spectacular from Bok Tower. The tower is a masterpiece of architecture and the gardens spectacular.

Have a great week D

Morning D League. You know how they say a man with a new toy is dangerous? Well, my daughter taught me how to post photos here, so I'm going to be a nuisance for a while, probably.

About two weeks ago we were talking about camels here. This is the photo I would have posted then, of two bedouin dudes updating their act in southern Iraq, 2003.
Love those photos. That is one thing that makes the D League special.

Gotta confess, I initially thought the Earlington basketball posts were about the '56 team..... which means I added a decade to everyone's age, sorry. Had to look it all up. Quite an impressive run back then for Hopkins Co schools, especially Earlington and Dawson Springs. Harry Todd('56 team) was guest preacher at a service I attended several yrs ago- he was very good! Looks like he passed recently on 12/10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT