ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

133238112_3889714811091210_7293777066887064671_n.jpg

Since I posted this morning, the temp has dropped from 45 to 35! ten degrees in about an hour!
Our weather girl just said by Thursday we will be back up to normal. 80 degrees. I have a tradition of hitting the swimming pool on New Years Day. If New Years was today I would pass but maybe I can do it if we hit 80.

I don't function very well in cold weather. Never have

Folks below are Cordmakers work. I show one individual badge, then both with a tape measure to show their relative size (they are big). Also Cordmaker sent Sherry a Christmas ornament. I attach a picture of that also.

Post script: Sherry said thanks Cordmaker!
133629419_3557496164365942_3319250253965071383_o.jpg

133750281_3557496287699263_8134607608638780444_o.jpg

133637371_3557496221032603_506947334287948581_o.jpg
Great job, @cordmaker . Nice artistic touch.

Good Morning all...

I have been harping on my Darling about making some more of this...

24796529_1883233575023547_3957321229726826359_n.jpg

The Grandson is keeping her so busy I can't bug her too much but I sure am in the mood for a few bags. It is good stuff...

Oh, I DO pray your week is peaceful and loving. It does good to love life. It is a lot easier loving life when you receive and are able to give love.. God Bless you all and your families.

I am at work today and will have a couple meetings this week but will officially be back at work Tuesday next week.

Great job, @cordmaker . Nice artistic touch.
Thanks ATX, I just wanted to honor those who serve us!!!!! I am going to make a blue and white ornament, I like I said I can't sell them, but I can give them away!!! I still can't get in my mind and on paper what I can do for military vets, just want it to be simple or easy, maybe something similar to the shields with the military color in it, then put USA, USN, USAF or USM, still thinking.

I mentioned about making UK glass, I know I can make it without putting UK on it and anybody would know what it means, but has anybody ever heard of UK hiring bounty hunters going around places just looking for unlicensed UK stuff and turning them in for reward?
I believe UK logo, BBN and a couple other UK-related slogans are subject to copyright and trademark restrictions. If they see it, they will go after the creator.

You might consider using a blue outline of the state of KY.

• Good Morning, you rapscallions.
  • We had some more 20s this morning. I'm ready for Spring.
  • No deer to speak of with all of this weather.
  • 2 grays playing around.
  • Enjoyed seeing and being with #3. He's back in Europe. He had to go home via Amsterdam because of C-19.
  • I'll be glad when the Authorities get the Nashville bombing figured out.
  • Belated Merry Christmas to all of you.
There you go. Great to see your name this morning.

I was just watching the bitchfest over on rafters and here are my thoughts. Everyone has a right to gripe, since this is the worst start, ever. But, I think a lot had to do with Covid. Usually, these young kids come on campus the 1st of June. They work out with coaches, and past players. This year, they didn't get on campus until the 1st of August, and they did not have the 2 exhibition games. Plus, Brooks, our best player has been out all season. We have lost 3 games by a total of 7 pts. Anybody not think that Brooks doesn't make this team at least 7-8 pts better? If he had played, we would have been 4-3, at the worst, and that is with the Covid issues that I mentioned. Still wouldn't be great, but we would be in decent shape to make the tournament, which I doubt we do, now. I just hope Brooks decides to come back next year.
I still love my Cats. I am sorely disappointed by this team, but they are still my team.

I totally agree on you point Ben. It is going to be a long year unless some lights get turned on by these guys.

One thing about this years team is they have not had enough time to get the defense down. That will come as Cal usually improves the defense as the season progresses.

Back to RR; I have not been over there in years. The last time I posted I got a 24 hour ban for lashing out. Hell, I don't post on House of Blue because it is poison also.

Just saw where Phil Niekro passed away. Watching the Reds play back in the day, I always dreaded when they had to face him on the Braves. His knuckleball made many a batter look like a fool.
Braves have been my favorite team since 1969. I really enjoyed watching him pitch. Knuckleball is difficult enough to correctly throw with any results.

Sorry to see him pass.

Chuck Norris once threw my brother out of the ring in a tournament. My brother was in his late teens but was fighting in an upper class and I guess knocked a guy out inadvertently and Chuck did his thing. My brother is about 5'5" and always fought larger people and I guess got too aggressive. I was there and remember Chuck but he was a hairy dude back then. (I had to have been no more than eight or nine at the most.)

*I might add, Chuck was reffing the tournament...
Knew a guy when I lived in Atlanta. Was originally from Wyoming. He was into one of those martial arts, maybe aikido, because he told the story of an exhibition he went to one time with Steven Seagal. Don't know where it was at, but he said there was a guy there who thought he was a real badass and volunteered to show moves or whatever with Seagal. Guess this guy went after Seagal...ticked him off...and Seagal wound up breaking the guy's arm.

I still love my Cats. I am sorely disappointed by this team, but they are still my team.

I totally agree on you point Ben. It is going to be a long year unless some lights get turned on by these guys.

One thing about this years team is they have not had enough time to get the defense down. That will come as Cal usually improves the defense as the season progresses.

Back to RR; I have not been over there in years. The last time I posted I got a 24 hour ban for lashing out. Hell, I don't post on House of Blue because it is poison also.
We are witnessing UK basketball history. The kind of history I wish on our opponents. Coach Cal is setting records in the wrong direction.

I saw where the Cats may replace the South Carolina game with Bellarmine College. Buddy if Cal lost to them he ain't seen nothing yet.

My daughter's original package has been sitting in the Cincinnati post office for over a week now. The company that we ordered from, sent another package about a week ago because of it, and it's already here.😂
Good lord. What a fiasco. At least the seller sounds like a reputable outfit.

Gotta confess, I initially thought the Earlington basketball posts were about the '56 team..... which means I added a decade to everyone's age, sorry. Had to look it all up. Quite an impressive run back then for Hopkins Co schools, especially Earlington and Dawson Springs. Harry Todd('56 team) was guest preacher at a service I attended several yrs ago- he was very good! Looks like he passed recently on 12/10.
Think Harry is still alive. Hadn’t seen anything on his passing.

I mentioned about making UK glass, I know I can make it without putting UK on it and anybody would know what it means, but has anybody ever heard of UK hiring bounty hunters going around places just looking for unlicensed UK stuff and turning them in for reward?
According to wiki commons, a generic image of the U and the K are public domain. I'm not a lawyer and did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so don't take my word for it.

File:Kentucky Wildcats logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Braves have been my favorite team since 1969. I really enjoyed watching him pitch. Knuckleball is difficult enough to correctly throw with any results.

Sorry to see him pass.
For about a year or so, when I lived in Atlanta, I had an ex-Braves pitcher work for me. Really a nice guy and I met a number of the Braves through him (early 80s). Phil was a super nice guy.
One time Chief Noc-A-Homa (Levi Walker) stopped by our office in full costume. It was great.

Morning D-League. Hope everyone has a great day and a great LAST WEEK of 2020.
And Austin, like I did a few weeks ago with the Nat'l Brownie Day....I better not tell the Mrs that today is Nat'l Chocolate Candy Day....if you know what I mean.

According to wiki commons, a generic image of the U and the K are public domain. I'm not a lawyer and did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so don't take my word for it.

File:Kentucky Wildcats logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons
Here's more information from the UK Athletic Department.

The University's federal trademark registrations include "KENTUCKY", "UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY", "WILDCATS", "KENTUCKY WILDCATS", "UK", "GO BIG BLUE", variations of the interlocking U and K, the UK with the Memorial Hall silhouette, the Wildcat marks, and the University's shield. An "®" indication must appear on all products bearing the University's registered marks and a "TM on products containing any of the University's marks that are not yet registered. The University also has ownership of its famous color scheme, which is a UK trademark.

The University's federal trademark registrations include "KENTUCKY", "UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY", "WILDCATS", "KENTUCKY WILDCATS", "UK", "GO BIG BLUE", variations of the interlocking U and K, the UK with the Memorial Hall silhouette, the Wildcat marks, and the University's shield. An "®" indication must appear on all products bearing the University's registered marks and a "TM on products containing any of the University's marks that are not yet registered. The University also has ownership of its famous color scheme, which is a UK trademark.

They just about have it locked down.

They just about have it locked down.
Yep. I encountered that trademark/copyright mess out here with University of Texas Longhorns and Bevo back during early 2000s. We tried using "Bevo" as the name for our information system. UTexas folks caught wind of it and nearly had a freaking cow. Offenders usually receive written warning first. Afterwards, they call out the lawyers.

Best and safest is use an outline of a state map. Those depictions are true public domain.

Wonder if that covers old logos that aren't used anymore? Like the old UK with the cat. Or probably once trademarked it's trademarked forever.

Wonder if that covers old logos that aren't used anymore? Like the old UK with the cat. Or probably once trademarked it's trademarked forever.
Good question. General copyright law is 70 years after author's death. On the other hand, trademarks, which are also intellectual property, are subject to renewal, usually between every 5-6 years. There's also a 10-year rule in addition to 5-6 years. If the TM on the older logos have not been renewed, then I believe one may have a chance at use or acquisition for use.

For logos, slogans and other related IP, USPTO maintains a database with last known owner contact. I'd say with job cuts by universities, one might be surprised at what's out there. However, from what I've heard, it all depends on value.

Looks like the only way I could ever make anything with UK on it is to give it away, then accept a cash donation!!!!!

Looks like the only way I could ever make anything with UK on it is to give it away, then accept a cash donation!!!!!
Check the logo out below. It's from aseaofblue.com I highly doubt they pay royalties to UK on it because the commonwealth (state) outline is truly in public domain (fair use) and not licensed. However, you can bet that image, itself, below has a copyright.

large_A_Sea_Of_Blue_Full.76434.png

Check the logo out below. It's from aseaofblue.com I highly doubt they pay royalties to UK on it because the commonwealth (state) outline is truly in public domain (fair use) and not licensed. However, you can bet that image, itself, below has a copyright.

large_A_Sea_Of_Blue_Full.76434.png
ATX, I guess I could make a blue ornament and put white UK on it and just say that's for Uncle Ken. How bout that!

It seems each day I learn of someone passing that was a part of my interest and likes. Phil Niekro was one that I enjoyed. Old Father time does not slow down.

I watch the obituaries in my hometown regularly. It's tough watching your classmates and people you grew up with die off. Many of whom I haven't seen since high school. And nearly as bad, seeing the once-young and attractive celebrities of our time as old people.

ATX, I guess I could make a blue ornament and put white UK on it and just say that's for Uncle Ken. How bout that!
[laughing]

That's one way to put it. Just be careful. You can probably get away with small, homemade, one-time items. When you start talking logos, "UK", "Kentucky", etc., keep in mind University of Kentucky owns the brand.

My oldest daughter is 16, and I was just telling my wife the other day, that I feel like I've missed a few years with her somewhere. Seems like she should be around 12, not 16. I've come to realize, time seems to fly by faster the older you get.

I know the feeling. My oldest grandson will be 17 in about 3 weeks and I remember him staying with us about 3 nights a week, when his parents both worked midnights. We had a baby bed sitting next to our bed and he went to sleep at night watching The Incredibles. Now he is 6'2" and plays linebacker for Russell. So, if you think it goes quickly now, just wait another 15-20 years.

Well, since they have gone to that funky logo, that looks like Kansas St., I'm not sure they would go after someone unless they were marketing through retailers, or mass sales online. Any craft show you go to has UK items, such as sweatshirts, yard signs, wreaths, wood carvings, etc. and nobody says anything. UK picks their battles and small time homemade things are not it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT