ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I would have called them back when I used a dial type telephone.

Do you ever use charcoal?

Too much for me last night too. Never felt too bad though, just empty and fuzzy.

I do use charcoal. After I get a layer of charcoal, then I add my wood chips on top. I let them soak for a couple of hours so they smoke well without adding much heat, that way whatever temp my charcoal creates is what my cooking temp is. I will add a little charcoal and chips as needed. I only smoke my ribs for a couple of hours, since with the small amount of meat on them, they will only absorb so much smoke. I keep the temp at 225 degrees. After the 2 hours, I will leave them on the grill until the temp drops below 210 without adding any more charcoal. When that happens, I remove them, wrap them in HD aluminum foil, fat side up, with a few slices of bacon on top, and then put them in the oven for another hour and a half. I use no sauce and with the rub I use, they have a sweet taste but with a little bite. I like them tender, but not completely falling off the bone.

Sounds like you've got your program down pat. I've finished some things up in the oven before. Once it's wrapped in af it doesn't matter where the heat comes from.

Exactly. Once the tissue has absorbed all the smoke it can, the rest is just cooking it until it's tender. Plus, the AF captures the juices and fat off the bacon and helps steam it, keeping it from drying out.

The last few baby backs I've done I cooked in the instant pot. Only takes 30 minutes and then I put them under the broiler to get a bark on em and then put on the sauce and back under the broiler to caramelize it. Not the same as using fire, but still pretty good and better than no ribs.

https://imgbox.com/ghttps://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/pGo
The last few baby backs I've done I cooked in the instant pot. Only takes 30 minutes and then I put them under the broiler to get a bark on em and then put on the sauce and back under the broiler to caramelize it. Not the same as using fire, but still pretty good and better than no ribs.

The next time you have enough time to smoke some I'll be glad to give you my rub recipe, if you're interested.

Banned for 30 years. I loved this game.

1024px-Hasbro_Javelin_Darts.jpg

Banned for 30 years. I loved this game.

1024px-Hasbro_Javelin_Darts.jpg

I took up archery at one time. Was at a range at a park once goofing around. I started shooting straight up in in the air ... and the arrow would come down about 20 feet away. I thought, "Hmmm ... that's strange." I finally leaned back and let one go and lost sight of it. I was looking out about 20 feet out and the arrow landed about 6 inches from my shoulder. Gave up archery. I decided someone that stupid should not be handling a deadly weapon.

Morning D. Just finished digging our two cars out of the extra snow we got overnight so we can head to work.

Dealing with the inevitable back twinges a man my age gets from 2-3 bouts of shoveling.

Is there anything in life that you sort of look forward to that you get sick of as fast as snow?

Good morning from my house to yours D-League. . Currently 56°F. Expecting a high of 63°F and mostly cloudy. No rain forecast and outdoor conditions are very good today. The sun rises at 7:23 AM. I am going to replay the Mamas and Papas video ATC posted. Brings back many memories of my Army days. We had a juke box in the mess hall and the homesick troops would play that song non stop for what seemed like hours. It was a big hit back then.

I might take a few minutes today to finish up my pre-IRS filing paperwork. Should be getting the various earning statements within the next couple of weeks. I want to file early and get it over with. Oh well,

enhance

Have a great day fellow D-Leaguites.

Today I am going to do something I have been threatening to do for the past week. Remove a mattress topper. A few months ago my wife bought this four inch mattress topper made out of foam. I don't think I can sleep on foam. Since we put it on the bed I have been waking up with every bone in my body in pain and tingling and numbing of my legs and feet. I have always slept with a very firm or hard mattress. Now this foam thing swallows me up. I fight it all night long and wake up needing two pots of coffee rather than one. I will see if it helps to get this thing off of our bed. I need some relief.

Good morning from my house to yours D-League. . Currently 56°F. Expecting a high of 63°F and mostly cloudy. No rain forecast and outdoor conditions are very good today. The sun rises at 7:23 AM. I am going to replay the Mamas and Papas video ATC posted. Brings back many memories of my Army days. We had a juke box in the mess hall and the homesick troops would play that song non stop for what seemed like hours. It was a big hit back then.

I might take a few minutes today to finish up my pre-IRS filing paperwork. Should be getting the various earning statements within the next couple of weeks. I want to file early and get it over with. Oh well,

enhance

Have a great day fellow D-Leaguites.

1w74d5.jpg

Good morning D, From beautiful SWFL. Beautiful crisp morning here, high of 73 today. Wife is headed out of town tomorrow on business for 5 days. The dog and I will hold down the fort.

Already miss college football, and can hardly stand to watch the basketball cats until February. We usually play so " ugly". I grew up watching Rupp's teams play and after all these years, I'm still spoiled. When I say watching, it was usually listening to Cawood. Listening to Cawood was about the same as watching.

Going to take the dog for a long walk here in a minute, will check in later. Y'all have a great day.

Wife didn't leave for work until 0900. Guess she'll be late today.

Dishes to do today, more than normal.

Might as well wash some clothes too, and do some vacuuming, and some dusting. It's going to be a house husband kinda day.

Oh yeah, I'm baking a cake as well.

Just remembered that I have to go to Walmart today and get some cat food.

Wow! It's going to take a couple of hours to get all that done. I'll get started here in a bit.

Let's have it. I usually just throw some things together for a rub. All the usual suspects.

Here ya go: This is enough for 2 racks. Of course if you are just smoking one, you can cut everything in half. Also, depending on how hot you can handle, I usually use slightly less cayenne. Enjoy.

1/4 cup paprika
1/8 cup ground black pepper
2 TBS garlic powder
2 TBS onion powder
1 TBS cayenne pepper
1/4 cup coarse salt
1/4 cup brown sugar

Morning D
Still can’t get a picture posted here on my phone
Will fire up the laptop later and see if that works
I miss college football too, but my Saints are still playing and yesterday was a darn good game
Basketball is really not as bad as some are making out. Our expectations are way too high so anything less, like normal progression, looks worse than it is.
Have a job interview on Wednesday. At least it’s with a well known organization. Just worried it will fall through as well. We will see

Wife didn't leave for work until 0900. Guess she'll be late today.

Dishes to do today, more than normal.

Might as well wash some clothes too, and do some vacuuming, and some dusting. It's going to be a house husband kinda day.

Oh yeah, I'm baking a cake as well.

Just remembered that I have to go to Walmart today and get some cat food.

Wow! It's going to take a couple of hours to get all that done. I'll get started here in a bit.

I thought I spotted you at Walmart but I wasn't sure it was you so I didn't approach.

9833457491b0ceb22ccf74b30ef92e2d--funny-walmart-people-walmart-humor.jpg

Morning D
I miss college football too, but my Saints are still playing and yesterday was a darn good game
Basketball is really not as bad as some are making out. Our expectations are way too high so anything less, like normal progression, looks worse than it is.
Have a job interview on Wednesday. At least it’s with a well known organization. Just worried it will fall through as well. We will see

I agree. Cal has spoiled us, and yet, when we have a team that doesn't perform like his best ones, some fans think the sky is falling. Good luck with your interview.

Morning D
Don't give up Bkocats I started my life over when I was 54! I had never even filled out a resume until I applied at Dyno Nobel! I had always worked for my family installing carpet for over 35 years! I did work for one summer on I-24 in Paducah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT