ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning the day after a UK win. Current temperature is 57 and the high is projected at 68. Mostly sunny. No chance of rain.

Last night was not one of our better efforts but it par for the course this time of year, Few UK teams set the world on fire in January. Coach Hall use to call it the January slump. Looking at the season on a positive note the Cats have a lot of room for improvement. We should do that in the next couple of games.

This is a good day to work outside. Take care all

Happy Hump Day

I just figured up I have approximately 732 more Hump days to go before retirement....looking forward to it.
A & M looked pretty paltry last night...but all we need are W's. All the coaches on RR will let us know what needs to be done besides winning.
Everyone have a _______ day.

edit: Re-did my math....subtracted vacation days & possible holidays. Brought my Hump days down to 642...approximately.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League! Here in the Berg it is cold(32 and windy) but the sunshine is beautiful! I will just have to bundle up for my walk this morning! Wish they would have kept pouring it on! GhostVol Don't want to make you mad but I hope we get up for the TENN.game Because I know UT will be! I forgot to mention that there is a meteor shower going on right now I think the best time will be till the 11th of this month! Everybody have a great day!

I just figured up I have approximately 732 more Hump days to go before retirement....looking forward to it.
A & M looked pretty paltry last night...but all we need are W's. All the coaches on RR will let us know what needs to be done besides winning.

edit: Re-did my math....subtracted vacation days & possible holidays. Brought my Hump days down to 642...approximately.
Trust me it will get here before you know it. That ole clock on the wall keeps ticking.

2819a.jpg

Good morning all. Enjoyed the game, but they had me a little concerned at 0-10 and then when they cut the lead, late. But, as BKO said, a win is a win. If you don't like the weather in KY, just wait a little while and it will change. 70 degrees on Monday, mid 60's yesterday, and now the high of 41 was this morning with temps dropping to 33 this pm. Then really getting cold the rest of the week. Won't see 40 again till next Tuesday. Gosh, I hate cold weather. I used to say I hate winter, but it's really the cold I hate. Winter in a warm climate is fine.

Happy Hump Day.
HappyHump
0078C75A00000258-3492468-image-m-30_1458001978113.jpg

I'm in the negative category.:sunglasses:

Trust me it will get here before you know it. That ole clock on the wall keeps ticking.

Winter in a warm climate is fine.
Here in Az the climate is also is altitudinal. The Subtropical Sonoran uplands and lower below 3,000' winter season is marked by frost events around the solstice. Birds are breeding here and starting to move. I LMAO at a Goldfinch fight yesterday. Patience as time flies by. Spring is upon us.

Last edited:
Rooster, it is so much easier to think so, when I'm not chilling these old bones.

Same here Ben. 41 with 15mph wind out of the N-NW. Cramping my Marlboro Reds as my front porch is open to that wind.

Several weeks before The Dance. It will be interesting to see what the Conference schedule does to this team. I could only speculate. FCC.

Last year I was at Orange Beach for the last couple of rounds after the Cats was out. Talked to a Michigan fan quite a bit. Told him I was glad he had one of our former players. I wished him good luck against Villinova but also told him that Villinova was a machine that was running over their opponents.

We already played two teams that could do that this year. They are neighbors. Both with different styles. We could do the same. We have multiple players that can score 25 plus. Surely the conference games will mature us to some degree. And Cal is smart, very smart. Stopping for now. Little bit has an ear infection. Must minister. FCC.

I keep noticing how much the three pointer changes the game. Last year either North or South Dakota score 51 points in a half. Saw it in the stats one time last year. Made me pause and think. I bet half of those points was threes. Even the NBA is throwing up more threes than ever. I know most here remember Phil Ford and the four corner stuff. If they had a 10 point lead, the game was basically over. Got a dominating, hall of fame center? ucla did with walton and alcindor. Four years each if I remember right. Old school.

Somebody is going to win 6. That's for sure. FCC.

Looking at the season on a positive note the Cats have a lot of room for improvement. We should do that in the next couple of games.
I tell people it's like we are on a fast moving train . . . and we are not making any stops!
We have multiple players that can score 25 plus -.Somebody is going to win 6.
We're seeing it right before our eyes. We beat a mediocre SEC team, so what. Here's what. We won with the bench guard play AND Nick dominating inside. I'm not as worried about RT, PJ & KJ. It's a team game and when we can win without our best players.
ukwords.jpg

ZrRvtMtw_o.gif

Last edited:
I just put 12oz of sockeye salmon in the sous vide. Bout an hour from now I'll have a tasty treat for brunch. I'll pan sear it before I eat it.

Not worried about the team. Glad I didn't get a bet down at -12.5 like a lot of people did. I'm not going to bet on this team for awhile. They haven't found any kind of consistency yet.

No one has forgotten how to play basketball and no one has forgotten how to coach. The biggest problem we have is people who've forgotten how to be "fans".

I had a catastrophic event last night at 11 pm CST. My modem and everything else on Spectrum went out. It took three hours for the dude to fix it.

Ends up we have a lot of common friends. That is the nice thing about living in the country. I love Smiths Grove, where men are men and sheep run scared. (Sorry BKO you are not sheep.)

It is hard not to have internet. Sherry & I just experienced 14 hours and now we are way, way behind now.

I had a catastrophic event last night at 11 pm CST. My modem and everything else on Spectrum went out. It took three hours for the dude to fix it.

Ends up we have a lot of common friends. That is the nice thing about living in the country. I love Smiths Grove, where men are men and sheep run scared. (Sorry BKO you are not sheep.)

It is hard not to have internet. Sherry & I just experienced 14 hours and now we are way, way behind now.
We also have Spectrum. Knock on wood, great luck over the past 18 months. Had a rough spell there for many mornings when I had to reboot the modem often back in 2016-2017. We've been Time Warner / Road Runner / Spectrum customers for 19 years.

We also have Spectrum. Knock on wood, great luck over the past 18 months. Had a rough spell there for many mornings when I had to reboot the modem often back in 2016-2017. We've been Time Warner / Road Runner / Spectrum customers for 19 years.
I got a new modem, phone modem and some equipment outside. Every thing was great and then bam. All gone.

I give them $255 dollars a month so they respond well.

Sous-vide (/suːˈviːd/; French for "under vacuum")[1] is a method of cooking in which food is placed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and cooked in a water bath for longer than normal cooking times (usually 1 to 7 hours, up to 48 or more in some cases) at an accurately regulated temperature. The temperature is much lower than normally used for cooking, typically around 55 to 60 °C (131 to 140 °F) for meat, higher for vegetables. The intent is to cook the item evenly, ensuring that the inside is properly cooked without overcooking the outside, and to retain moisture.

Cooked the salmon at 105° for 45 minutes and then seared it in clarified butter with salt, chives, and a little touch of Old Bay. Only ate 2 and kept `1 for later. You probably had sous vide steak the last time you went to a steakhouse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT