ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from the Nature Coast. It is a clear 46 degrees with an afternoon high of 68. Sunshine and a little breeze off of the Gulf.

Drinking a strong black of hot coffee and feeling good.. My check engine light came on and that is one thing I hate to see. So I guess I will take care of that today.

Tonight is the big game and I am still trying to figure out why it is being played in a remote area of California where nobody cares about college football. Strange. I trust the Cats are ready to go tomorrow night. I expect a win.

Trust all have a great day and be thankful of who we are and what we have. All is well.

Good morning D League. After my weekend of driving to Kentucky and back I need a weekend off, but that ain't happening.

Looks like dreary January weather here. At least the shut down is still on and the subway won't be crowded. That's about all I got now. I hope it's a good day for everyone.

enhance

Kinda boring around here this morning so getting to go walk before the rain starts. I have a couple of hacks I use,first one is we used to have a problem with dogs getting in the trash so I started using a spray bottle of ammonia spraying some in the trash bag and some on the outside of it and we haven't had any problem in a long time. Second one is after cooking a roast or any other that has a lot of grease left I put it in an old can usually a peanut can or jar put it in the freezer then out it goes in the trash on trash day.

Another 10.5 hours last night. Woke up just in time to catch the opening of the Jones show.

I want some coffee but I have to get out from under this blanket to make it. Can you see my dilemma?

I do see your dilemma. Hmmmm. Not sure, but you need one of those creepy things that you can yell at and then it will fix your coffee. #youmaybescrewed. FCC.

Afternoon D
Eating a salad & a protein bar for lunch...figure I'll make up for it tonight during the game.
Guess I'm rooting for Bama, gotta stick with the SEC....but I wouldn't be disappointed if Clemson won.
My guess is they'll be meeting again next year...best of 5.
Cats drop to 18 in latest AP poll... probably hover around 15 (+/-3) for rest of the year.
Oh well...back to work.

Went out to get coffee at the golf course and to check on how much money I won up there in this weekends ball games. Took longer to pour the coffee than it did to count the money. At least I can take solace knowing that someone I know will enjoy my money instead of me giving it to the Vegas money machine.

Alabama. What else can you say?

I've got a sink full of dishes soaking.

Took a slow drive in the country with my window down. Very peaceful out in the country this time of year but it is just butt ugly. Leaves hide a lot of shortcomings.

Neal Brown to WV. He's already started hitting the Kentucky recruiting trail. Last thing we need is someone else poaching our instate talent.

Had a guy ask me at the golf course if Kentucky was looking for Cal's replacement. WTH! Bet that dude frequents Rafters.

Here's something you may not have known. Gene Simmons of Kiss fame, discovered Van Halen in an LA bar in 1977 and personally financed their first recording session. He wanted to call the band "Daddy Longlegs" and had a picture of a spider with a top hat as their logo.

Just ate breakfast. Sausage egg and cheese again but this time with some sort of hot sauce I pulled out of the fridge. Whoa! Didn't realize how potent it was and may have put too much on. Eyes are still watering, nose is running. Has a good taste though for a habanero based sauce. I'll do the same thing again.

Nope, he's a diehard, just unable to handle adversity as adroitly as myself, :smiley:
If Calipari's post-2010 run is his definition of adversity, you should educate him on the era in which I passed from infant to young adulthood - 1958-1977, in which the legendary Adolph Rupp and near-legend Joe B. Hall managed to win zero titles and go to two Final Fours.

I was finishing college before I saw my first championship in 1978 and pushing 40 before I saw a second championship in 1996...That's why I get so aggravated at the Rafter's crowd sometimes...If the lunatics don't cause him to say the hell with it, Cal will get another title or two. He's owed some good luck by the Basketball Gods.

I was 18 before I saw my first and 36 when I saw the second. The 11 years before Cal got here were some of the worst any of us have experienced. It's not Cal's fault when players miss shots. Give us half the shots we missed from 3 feet and in and we win that game comfortably. It was an anomaly and I'm treating it as such.

I can still feel the hot sauce up around my sternum.

First world problem: I have a perfectly good SVS subwoofer that I'm not using because along with my front channel speakers, there's too much bass.

Just told my wife this past weekend that we were only listening to two speakers for the last couple of weeks. She wouldn't believe me because the sound was coming from all around and the voices on tv seemed like they were coming from the screen.

Earlier I was out riding around with my sunglasses on and my window down. It's nasty out there right now and looking to get worse. I think I'll stay inside and see what tomorrow offers up.

Speaking of tomorrow, Dad and I are supposed to go see Clint Eastwood in The Mule. Hope it's a good one that he likes.

I'm going against the grain and picking Clemson tonight. Not that I want them to win but I've just got this feeling about tonight. Kind of like the same feeling I had Saturday when I predicted UK to beat Bama by 10.

Speaking of which, every time I see a player go ballistic with their 3-pointers against UK I think that it's time to move the line back to NBA length. Too short. But then I see the Cats struggle from the arc (and it happens often) and then I'm convinced "nah, best to just leave it be".

I'm going against the grain and picking Clemson tonight. Not that I want them to win but I've just got this feeling about tonight. Kind of like the same feeling I had Saturday when I predicted UK to beat Bama by 10.

Speaking of which, every time I see a player go ballistic with their 3-pointers against UK I think that it's time to move the line back to NBA length. Too short. But then I see the Cats struggle from the arc (and it happens often) and then I'm convinced "nah, best to just leave it be".
Alabama all the way here. Don't want the ACC, or any of their scurvy members and fans to get the idea that they are on the same level as SEC football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT