ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

12-19-08a-csxt-2799.jpg

Heellllooooooo everybody.
Not a fan of roller-coasters...will ride one if forced, but never volunteer.
What a great week to be a Cat fan....let's be honest, aren't most weeks though.
Back to the grind...probably won't take a day off 'til SEC tournament week.
Hot tub seems to be working out OK. She loves it. Her birthday is Jan 11....I might even let her plug it in and heat it up for her birthday!:)
Keep that Big Blue train rollin'!!!
9942_Big-blue-train-and-a-wonderful-nature-landscape.jpg

Afternoon D
Feel awesome about our Cats
However I seem to have caught a stomach virus/flu Was up most of the night. This is no fun at all
Ready for basketball on Saturday, although I will probably see what other games are being played between now and then
Y’all be good. I’m under some strict orders right now to get some rest
Sorry BKO. I hope you feel better soon especially now that you're starting a new job.

I'm also looking forward to Saturday's game and also back to the "2 a week" game schedule. It's been too long.

Afternoon D
Feel awesome about our Cats
However I seem to have caught a stomach virus/flu Was up most of the night. This is no fun at all
Ready for basketball on Saturday, although I will probably see what other games are being played between now and then
Y’all be good. I’m under some strict orders right now to get some rest

Beverly take care of yourself! We understand I had a virus the whole time (10days) my Daughter and Grandson were in for the Holidays.

If Kash had been about 6 inches to the right yesterday he would have dumped McSoretoe in the end zone for a safety we would have talked about for years. Soo close! Still a great play that led directly to a touchdown by Bowden.

I really don't think we'll have a fall off next year and could quite possibly be better.

If Kash had been about 6 inches to the right yesterday he would have dumped McSoretoe in the end zone for a safety we would have talked about for years. Soo close! Still a great play that led directly to a touchdown by Bowden.

I really don't think we'll have a fall off next year and could quite possibly be better.

Gosh I hope so.

We'll have to wait and see. Have to replace a lot of the defense, especially the secondary.

We'll have to wait and see. Have to replace a lot of the defense, especially the secondary.

We've been recruiting well and have seen some young guys step up this year already. I agree with the secondary being questionable but I wouldn't consider them our biggest asset this year. All they need to do is maintain a close facsimile.

I guess the new year brought a change to my cable tv. I went to channel 862 earlier to listen to classic rock while I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen and it said it wasn't there any longer. Had to go to channel 1928 to get what I wanted. It's a new format and I like it better already. They give trivia information about the band or the song while it's playing. The old one just showed unrelated pictures. The same ones. Over. And. Over.

How does Stoops go into the home of an elite tight end and tell his mother "look how we used CJ Conrad! He had 8 touches as a junior and 10 as a senior"!

I agree. I have said this all along. CJ has been in the top two tight ends at UK, ever, and he caught one pass for 21 yds on Saturday. Then they never go back to him. With Wilson throwing mostly short passes, anyway, CJ should have been a major weapon. Just one more thing that I don't understand about Gran.

I agree. I have said this all along. CJ has been in the top two tight ends at UK, ever, and he caught one pass for 21 yds on Saturday. Then they never go back to him. With Wilson throwing mostly short passes, anyway, CJ should have been a major weapon. Just one more thing that I don't understand about Gran.

That never made good sense to me.

Tight ends are like the knights on a chessboard. Maybe not the most powerful pieces in terms of mobility, but they can be used for several different things at the same time. Used properly they are devastating. We left a lot of devastation on the field this year by not utilizing our knight CJ.

Tight ends are like the knights on a chessboard. Maybe not the most powerful pieces in terms of mobility, but they can be used for several different things at the same time. Used properly they are devastating. We left a lot of devastation on the field this year by not utilizing our knight CJ.
So, I'm guessing the wide receivers are bishops and Bennie Snell is both rooks. Terry Wilson has room to grow as the Kentucky Queen.

Ymmot I'm so glad you are such a great football fan. I think we will have a favorable schedule
in 2019. I agree we need to open up the offense more. It looks like the win has made us into a stronger position in recruiting. Mark get the best we can. Go Cats!

Ymmot I'm so glad you are such a great football fan. I think we will have a favorable schedule
in 2019. I agree we need to open up the offense more. It looks like the win has made us into a stronger position in recruiting. Mark get the best we can. Go Cats!

I hope so. Facilities upgrades and 10 win seasons will help with recruiting at most places. I hope it does here too.

You know, if it only helps with in state recruiting then it will be a success. Don't ya think?

Good morning all. Taking kid #5 up to Sanibel today, she wants to go on a Dolphin tour. I’m not crazy about it, but that’s Ok.

I always joke that my two favorite days for visitors are the day they get here and the day they leave. Lol

Still can’t believe we had a football team that won 10 games this year, unbelievable. Now it’s time for the basketball cats to continue on their journey to number 9.

Hope everyone ailing starts feeling better, that’s all I got for now. Will check in later

Good morning D-League. We survived one of the traditionally most depressing days of the year - Jan. 2 - and are now just two days until a weekend.

I can't think of much good to say about early January. But there are some good football games ahead if you follow the NFL. That's about all I got. Off to work.

Good morning D-League.
  • Current temperature is 62 degrees with a high of 82. Plenty of sunshine
  • Dropped the out of town guests off at the airport yesterday afternoon and got a text they are all home safe and sound but cold. Freezing rain and no sunshine. My first cousins son had the time of his life and I would not be surprised if he ends up in Florida. Graduated in December and doing a job search with some major sports franchises including several here in Florida.
  • Well today I concentrate on taking the rest of the Christmas items down that are in the yard. Lights, nativity scene and etc.
  • I am having UK football withdrawal.pains. I want another game Saturday but I will put that on hold until the Spring game. Meanwhile we will see who brings home the National Championship and watch the UK basketball Cats in SEC play. I expect an improvement game to game and we will be hard to beat in about 3 months.
  • Still puzzled by the way Eddie Gran used C.J. Conrad in the offense. He could have been a lethal weapon if the ball had been put in his hands more. But we won 10 and won a New Year's Day bowl game. So I am rejoicing.
  • All have a great day and if you have to go back to work, keep the faith.

Good morning D leaguers.
2nd cup o coffee.
Looks as if the weather is gonna be mild the next 5-6 days at least. Any day with a high in 40's during Jan-Feb is a good day. I still wouldn't mind some Sawnee Cat weather though.
Good luck with that flu ATX..... ymmot, I knew he wouldn't listen to us.
All have a great day and if you have to go back to work, keep the fifth (under the desk).

Just got up which is not normal for me. Stayed up later than I usually do waiting for the snow that was supposed to come down a 10:00 last night. Like to be out in it sometimes when it comes down. Well, it came early this morning and is still coming down. Will be in it shortly as soon as my daughter gets up. Another snowman must be built. Cant let a snow come and go without one. Don't get much snow here and when we do, we take advantage of it. That is three snows so far this year, normal is about maybe 2 and only a light blanketing. Today's so far is the most I have seen here accumulation wise since I was a Drill Instructor in 88.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT