ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D Leaguers. Sitting on the lanai watching my daughter's cat go crazy over the squirrels running up and down the palms. I know she would love to be on the other side of the screen.

Ace, I know the feeling about out of towners. You have to be careful who you say, "y'all come see us, ya hear.

Another nice day in store for us us on the Nature Coast. About 60 now headed to high 70's with fresh breeze. Perfect football weather. Go Cats beat UL.

Morning D. Wet & warm this morning.
3 days of work this week then off for 4 more days.
Hot tub went from 50° to 72° overnight...it'll take it a while to get up to 100.
Not much going on today. Coffee on tap.
98babc0dd47be105412d210fb3368d0a.jpg

48.4°F and rainy again.

Christmas is over. Kids are gone and soon the vacuum will be running and the last load of dishes cleaning.

I must get a memory card for my new camera. They offer so many with so many difference capacities I suppose that is why they don’t include them. It really hacked me off when I could not fine one in the box.

I look forward to the Louisville game. We need to guard the three against them as they try to rain them in. I think that the Cats will be a load for UL down low. It would sure be a good warm for the New Year.

Just woke up and coffee was waiting on me. Nice little perc of having my wife home.

Heading out the door in a few to go get Dad. Going to Frankfort today and all points in between.

He's off the insulin and I'm off my diet so today will be a good day for us to throw down on some good country cookin. Should be able to find the kind of place I'm thinking of on hwy 60 between Middletown and Frankfort.

See you fine folks this evening. Welcome again to our new posters.

Just woke up and coffee was waiting on me. Nice little perc of having my wife home.

Heading out the door in a few to go get Dad. Going to Frankfort today and all points in between.

He's off the insulin and I'm off my diet so today will be a good day for us to throw down on some good country cookin. Should be able to find the kind of place I'm thinking of on hwy 60 between Middletown and Frankfort.

Shelby or Franlklin County should have something. I spend enough time in those counties I should be able to tell ya something but I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe take Tommy to "Our Best" in Smithfield. I think it's Selby Co. North on 55 from hwy 60. Great down home cookin.

This may be the first year since I was an itty bitty boy that I won't be welcoming in the New Year. Snow bird folks have an early flight to Florida. I'll be getting up around 3 AM, maybe 3:15. Just in time to be on the road with all the drunks when the bars close at 4. Not complaining. It's a small sacrifice that I'm glad to accept. The midnight "ball fall" never changes anyway.

Have a safe trip. Winter in Florida is worth getting up early for.

Good morning D Leaguers. Sitting on the lanai watching my daughter's cat go crazy over the squirrels running up and down the palms. I know she would love to be on the other side of the screen.

Ace, I know the feeling about out of towners. You have to be careful who you say, "y'all come see us, ya hear.

Another nice day in store for us us on the Nature Coast. About 60 now headed to high 70's with fresh breeze. Perfect football weather. Go Cats beat UL.

Hopefully, Cousin Eddie isn't related to you.

48.4°F and rainy again.

Christmas is over. Kids are gone and soon the vacuum will be running and the last load of dishes cleaning.

I must get a memory card for my new camera. They offer so many with so many difference capacities I suppose that is why they don’t include them. It really hacked me off when I could not fine one in the box.

I look forward to the Louisville game. We need to guard the three against them as they try to rain them in. I think that the Cats will be a load for UL down low. It would sure be a good warm for the New Year.

When I took the 2 youngest of the Grandkids to the Mall, to see Santa, I told him that all their Grandpa wanted were wins over UNCheat and U of L. He delivered on the first one, now I am hoping he comes through on the 2nd. If he doesn't, I may give the Grinch his address.

Shelby or Franlklin County should have something. I spend enough time in those counties I should be able to tell ya something but I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe take Tommy to "Our Best" in Smithfield. I think it's Selby Co. North on 55 from hwy 60. Great down home cookin.

Thanks fellas. We made it to the piddler mall in Frankfort but he wasn't feeling good and didn't want anything to eat. I took him back early and he was going to get back in bed. Hopefully he'll be feeling better on Sunday and we'll go to the flea market at the fairgrounds.

I ate some Christmas dinner leftovers when I got home.

Lot of weather going on today. Sun even shined in my eyes for awhile. Of course because I listened to the weathermen, I didn't have any sunglasses with me. I got my squint on.

Thanks fellas. We made it to the piddler mall in Frankfort but he wasn't feeling good and didn't want anything to eat. I took him back early and he was going to get back in bed. Hopefully he'll be feeling better on Sunday and we'll go to the flea market at the fairgrounds.

I ate some Christmas dinner leftovers when I got home.

Lot of weather going on today. Sun even shined in my eyes for awhile. Of course because I listened to the weathermen, I didn't have any sunglasses with me. I got my squint on.

I hope a win over the Crows on Saturday makes him feel better.

@ymmot31

Next time you do that...travel a bit further to Shelby County and eat at Brenda's in Simpsonville. Good old fashioned country cooking with charm. There is no menu. You eat whatever Brenda decides to cook that day. If you don't like that fact...she will cuss you out and tell you to leave. Truth. She just as soon cuss you out as to tell you "hello". Oh yeah, there's also a bullet hole in the front door. That's the charming part.

But you will love the food. I recommend going there for breakfast but lunch is good too. If you go for breakfast get there early because it will be packed with everyone from million dollar saddlebred horse farm owners to construction workers. And Brenda is great once you concede that she calls the shots in her joint. She tells it like it is and doesn't mind stepping on toes...including her nephew who is the Mayor. She has kicked him out on more than one occasion just because she didn't like something the local government was doing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT