ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Just got 4 presents wrapped for my wife. 2 more to wrap and 1 more to buy. Guess I'll pick that up tomorrow.

I am not a very good wrapper of presents. Sometimes if the box is juuust large enough, and juuust the right shape, I can make the ends look fairly decent. For the most part though, they look like a ham handed man with little regard for aesthetics made a halfhearted attempt.

#notanelf
Too big to be an elf so, if you have pointy ears, that would make you either Romulan (liberal) or Vulcan (conservative).

Last edited:
rock.jpg
Looks like he got a few of them thrown with some velocity.

Good morning from the breezy Gulf Coast. Currently 60°F and cloudy. Expecting a high of 63°F with more rain. The weather girl (looking good) says the rain will clear up and no more until after Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, bring it on. I am finished with all the pre-Christmas things and now I will relax and listen to some good ole Christmas music from years past. I love the old stuff classics with a full orchestra.

Have a great day and I hope you remain dry and well. We want everybody in good health for Christmas

I'm a born and raised Louisville guy too. I used to go to the games when I was a young pup but thankfully I chose the right team. I really think that the rivalry was worse when we didn't play each other every year.
Born and spent most of my childhood in Louisville. lived all over the city moving around from place to place. Lynn Street, Fisher Street, Jtown, and the last location (6 years worth) until turning 16 and moving to a 52 acre farm in Vertrees August 1973 was 1630 Fernwood in the Deerpark area. Have always been a UK fan and used to root for UL (when not playing us) until growing up and seeing how really obnoxious their fan base is.

I was born and raised in Louisville, and I used to pull for them, not like UK, but they were on TV there, back in the days when few games were broadcast. At the time, Peck Hickman was coaching and they were in the Missouri Valley Conference. The whole mindset of their fan base changed when Denny Crum was hired and he started talking that nonsense about how UK was afraid to play them and UK was racist, etc. Well the legislature finally made us play them and all I can say is, be careful what you wish for, since we have dominated the series. Since Denny showed up, I have had no use for them or their fans.
The facts exactly as I remember them.

Hell I was going to business school at UL at night when Crum came in. I did not view UL as a rival but as a little program in a nice town in which I lived. Crum got off the plane taking shots at UK.

I quit using my free ticket to go to the UL games.

Often when I tell UL fans the Ben and Bert's story of UL basketball they call you a liar. I also remember going to the games in Freedom hall when there would be less than a few thousand folks there. UL fans don't see to remember that either.

Hell I was going to business school at UL at night when Crum came in. I did not view UL as a rival but as a little program in a nice town in which I lived. Crum got off the plane taking shots at UK.

Often when I tell UL fans the Ben and Bert's story of UL basketball they call you a liar. I also remember going to the games in Freedom hall when there would be less than a few thousand folks there. UL fans don't see to remember that either.
Denny Crum was the reason this "rivalry" got as heated as it is. When he came in from California he started bad mouthed everything UK, including our recruits coming in. That was his plan from the start.

That's my recollection as well. My Papa started taking me to lots of ul games in the early 50s when I was still a peep. First in the Armory then Freedom Hall as I grew into a cockerel. The intense UK association came with Billy Ray Lickert, Cotton Nash & Notre Dame.

Good morning al, gusty and somewhat dreary from beautiful SWFL. Will be leaving in a few minutes to pick up kid #1 at Punta Gorda.

The two favorite in the City of Palms classic both got knocked out last night. University with Duke recruit Vernon Cary Jr. and IMG academy who has five starters ranked in the top 100 High school players in the nation. IMG has only one player on their roster under 6'2. He's 6'1.

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful Christmas. Hope Santa brings us a win over dirty, cheating UNCheat. Talk to Y'all later

Born and spent most of my childhood in Louisville. lived all over the city moving around from place to place. Lynn Street, Fisher Street, Jtown, and the last location (6 years worth) until turning 16 and moving to a 52 acre farm in Vertrees August 1973 was 1630 Fernwood in the Deerpark area. Have always been a UK fan and used to root for UL (when not playing us) until growing up and seeing how really obnoxious their fan base is.

Christmastime on 4th street in Louisville (60's) was a treat for a young boy from the sticks. We'd take our tobacco housing money and blow it at Rhodes (first bass weejuns) , Dutchman and have a ball cruisin. First movie (Sound of music) and first Mc D big mac/fries. Freedom Hall for UK/Notre Dame games around that time.

Christmastime on 4th street in Louisville (60's) was a treat for a young boy from the sticks. We'd take our tobacco housing money and blow it at Rhodes (first bass weejuns) , Dutchman and have a ball cruisin. First movie (Sound of music) and first Mc D big mac/fries. Freedom Hall for UK/Notre Dame games around that time.
Welcome to the oasis.
The-Paddock-1024x682.jpg

Hey Katsure, you found us. Welcome. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Good morning al, gusty and somewhat dreary from beautiful SWFL. Will be leaving in a few minutes to pick up kid #1 at Punta Gorda.

The two favorite in the City of Palms classic both got knocked out last night. University with Duke recruit Vernon Cary Jr. and IMG academy who has five starters ranked in the top 100 High school players in the nation. IMG has only one player on their roster under 6'2. He's 6'1.

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful Christmas. Hope Santa brings us a win over dirty, cheating UNCheat. Talk to Y'all later
Who's Al? You can call me Al, I'm good with it.

Bert, you and I remember the same scenario. Even in the 90's I remember them giving tickets away, at Kroger, to try to get some fans in the stands. Crum went after the kids from the ghettos, like Camden, NJ and brainwashed them into thinking that Joe B and UK in general, were racists and their fans believed it too. You didn't hear any of that nonsense till he arrived. At the height of the Denny era, UL players would rather let their man get past them and make a spectacular block, than to play good defense. I just had a real problem with the whole thing. I can't believe that Joe B went on to become friends with Denny. I guess that is the epitome of a Christian attitude.

Went to all from 1968-75.

Welcome to the best thread.

Bert, you and I remember the same scenario. Even in the 90's I remember them giving tickets away, at Kroger, to try to get some fans in the stands. Crum went after the kids from the ghettos, like Camden, NJ and brainwashed them into thinking that Joe B and UK in general, were racists and their fans believed it too. You didn't hear any of that nonsense till he arrived. At the height of the Denny era, UL players would rather let their man get past them and make a spectacular block, than to play good defense. I just had a real problem with the whole thing. I can't believe that Joe B went on to become friends with Denny. I guess that is the epitome of a Christian attitude.
The racist label definitely originated with Denny Crumb. Until he arrived I had never heard of such a thing associated with Kentucky athletics.

Welcome Katsure. This is a great place to hang out

Good morning D...you too Bert.(personally I think you're smarter than two...maybe 3 rocks)
Just finished up Christmas shopping. Went early this morning to beat the rush. Gotta stop by the bank & get one more gift card, but that's pain free mostly.
We (kids chipped in) got the redhead one of those Coleman hot tubs (blow up/portable). Hopefully it won't look too "hick-ish" sitting on the back patio. Nobody will really see it. She's always wanted one. I figure if she uses this one as much as she says she would I may break down and get her a real one. I'm not a big fan of them myself but....
Baked two batches of cookies last night (chocolate mint & lemon), gotta make another batch of chocolate chip some time today or tomorrow. Listening to some Christmas Blues & drinking eggnog/rum seems to make it better.

Merry Christmas to all. Welcome Katsure. My sentiments also FCC, nice post (#110513)

Thanks to all who've welcomed me. Civility from some youngbloods is optional behavior I guess, ha. I don't know you guys now...but I will. Peace.
I am Bert Higginbotham. I am the most truthful guy on the D-League. I am the best looking guy on the D-League. I am the strongest guy on the D-League. I am the youngest guy on the D-League. I am the most intelligent guy on the D-League. I am the most respected guy on the D-League. I am the most humble guy on the D-League. I am the most modest guy on the D-League.

If any of those other guys say that the above is not true, tell them they don't know shit from apple butter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
I am Bert Higginbotham. I am the most truthful guy on the D-League. I am the best looking guy on the D-League. I am the strongest guy on the D-League. I am the youngest guy on the D-League. I am the most intelligent guy on the D-League. I am the most respected guy on the D-League.

If any of those other guys say that the above is not true, tell them they know know shit from apple butter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And ... the most humble.

I am Bert Higginbotham. I am the most truthful guy on the D-League. I am the best looking guy on the D-League. I am the strongest guy on the D-League. I am the youngest guy on the D-League. I am the most intelligent guy on the D-League. I am the most respected guy on the D-League.

If any of those other guys say that the above is not true, tell them they know know shit from apple butter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And the most modest too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT