ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

:sunglasses:
a177f2e2c3cb3cc463fd334ef1871f03-rimg-w720-h266-gmir

Oh, and I do like Celtic music too.

Here's an Eddie Rabbit Irish (but not Celtic) tune - a great singer who died way too young. Lung cancer I believe. His Dad immigrated from Ireland and Eddie grew up in NYC (which is weird for a country singer). I believe his dad played the fiddle on this song.

Most of us on here (Ghost excluded) are probably Scots-Irish.

Last edited:

This had the desired effect. [winking]

• QB had to call the Johns Creek Fire Department yesterday to rescue Lola after her name tag became entangled with a heat register. She pulled it out and was struggling to breathe with it attached to her collar. QB could not get her loose from the register. The JCFD got it done. The name tag is now detached from her collar. Terrible situation. Tragedy averted.

If I only had a nickle for every time that's happened at our house. Shew wee!

Speaking of diabetics I think I will buy some peanut brittle today.

My father was on insulin for over 40 years and now he isn't. His sugar levels are fine and his A1C, or whatever it is, was at 5.4 and they consider you prediabetic at 7.

Woot! Gonna make me some low carb cocoa tonight.!

Can you guys (gal) play these? Advertising popups? Hey Chief, I play ALL your suggestions. I luv music. Especially Honky Tonk.

I could play the ones that you posted. Not chiefs.

This had the desired effect. [winking]

If I only had a nickle for every time that's happened at our house. Shew wee!

My father was on insulin for over 40 years and now he isn't. His sugar levels are fine and his A1C, or whatever it is, was at 5.4 and they consider you prediabetic at 7.

Woot! Gonna make me some low carb cocoa tonight.!

I could play the ones that you posted. Not chiefs.

Ymmot31 I wouldn't argue any of the above. In my case in my left leg they found a bone infection and poor circulation. A couple of years later I lost my little toe and metatarsal Joint in my right foot. I had what is commonly referred to as a shark-o ( foot) . Had to have several cast over a period of 6 months and retard that condition it's not curable. All diabetic conditions.

Hey Bert, how'd that sausage turn out? I just cut up 6.5 lbs and put the seasoning to it. Will grind tomorrow. Whole Butt Sausage.

Where are you Bev?

Still no Jones show this week or KSR, or any other source of UK news other than right here. This is where I heard about Quade.

Dad and I were out and about in the new van today for the first time. He likes it and has more room than he did in the last one. This one's a Pacifica and the last one was a Town & Country.

I'm going to buy one of these for my nephew for Christmas so he can be one of the cool kids. Maybe add a leisure suit. He'll be the most popular guy in school!

GAMEAD_atari_number1.jpg

I've read where the Atari's bring big money on Ebay, and certain game cartridges, also. BTW, if you get him a leisure suit, make sure it is polyester, with bell bottoms.

I've read where the Atari's bring big money on Ebay, and certain game cartridges, also. BTW, if you get him a leisure suit, make sure it is polyester, with bell bottoms.
Excellent suggestion! I'll also make sure the bell bottoms are made out of those wonderful 70's colors too. As we all know the 70's were a high point in fashion. hahahaha

I saw where it was National Hot Cocoa Day, but there is also a National Hot Chocolate Day later in the winter. The chocolate industry is double dipping us.

You got me. What I actually had was indeed a "hot cocoa".

Excellent suggestion! I'll also make sure the bell bottoms are made out of those wonderful 70's colors too. As we all know the 70's were a high point in fashion. hahahaha

Don't forget to get cuffed pants! He's going to need a new pair of shoes to go with those pants. Any suggestions?

We played LSL at work. I remember it had a panic button that turned the screen to a chart just in case the boss was coming.

Had to have a boot disk to play at work. It's funny to think how happy we were with the graphics at that time.

You got me. What I actually had was indeed a "hot cocoa".

Don't forget to get cuffed pants! He's going to need a new pair of shoes to go with those pants. Any suggestions?

Had to have a boot disk to play at work. It's funny to think how happy we were with the graphics at that time.
Oh I forgot about the shoes. Maybe something from Saturday Night Fever?

$(KGrHqJ,!lwFHtn2dY)yBSDIH0UjSQ~~60_35.JPG

Went on a binge of old Miller Lite commercials last night and my wife came out of the computer room (her and my daughter spend a lot of time there) asking what was so funny. I showed her one with Bob Ueker and Rodney Dangerfield and she just shrugged her shoulders and says "I figured you were watching some old Robin Williams interview or something with Rodney Dangerfield because that's what normally gets you laughing".

Thanks for posting that.

Happy Friday morning, 69 and breezy in beautiful SWFL. Supposed to reach 83 today with clouds.

The wife got her new car, so we have to take it back to the dealership to get the pinstripes and door trim put on it this morning.

I am being totally honest when I say, I don't know if I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow or not. We're just hard to watch.

Football bowl season starts tonite! Couple of lesser bowls on this evening.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, any of y'all ailing, I hope you start feeling better. I'll check in later

• Good Morning, D-League
  • 67º on the coast with light rain. High today 75.
  • We had a little excitement about 50 miles to the East and South of me in Sumter County yesterday. Domestic. A man was at a motel with another man's ex wife. The ex husband snuck up and shot him in the back of the head. Then the murderer took off and was trying to out run the law on I-75 Southbound. He flipped his car and managed to get out with his guns a blazing. One shot took him out. As taxpayers we saved a lot of money on trials and appeals to keep him out of the electric chair. Money saved is money earned. Lesson learned don't get into a shoot out with a Florida sheriff in a rural county. This ain't Fort Lauderdale.
  • I guess all decorations are up and trees "trimmed".
  • Have a great day and enjoy the reason for the season.

Happy Friday morning, 69 and breezy in beautiful SWFL. Supposed to reach 83 today with clouds.

The wife got her new car, so we have to take it back to the dealership to get the pinstripes and door trim put on it this morning.

I am being totally honest when I say, I don't know if I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow or not. We're just hard to watch.

Football bowl season starts tonite! Couple of lesser bowls on this evening.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, any of y'all ailing, I hope you start feeling better. I'll check in later
I understand ACE. Basketball has drained me over the past few seasons and it is going to take something to turn that around. After I learned Quade Green was leaving I sat down last night and tried to list the roster. I didn't get them all. Once upon a time not only could I tell you every player on the team but their jersey number, their height, weight, hometown and more. Just not interested any more because they are gone before you knew them.

Anxious to start watching bowl games

Happy Friday D Leaguers
No boss Friday :raised_hands: :raised_hands: (kidding...I like my Boss...just in case he's remotely checking on me from home)
Saturdays game will be interesting. Probably start out slow & play from behind for most of 1st half, then, hopefully, have enough of a lead and hold on for the W.
No need to watch now, I just told you what was gonna happen...enjoy your Saturday. Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning...
Probably need to get to work.

Went on a binge of old Miller Lite commercials last night and my wife came out of the computer room (her and my daughter spend a lot of time there) asking what was so funny. I showed her one with Bob Ueker and Rodney Dangerfield and she just shrugged her shoulders and says "I figured you were watching some old Robin Williams interview or something with Rodney Dangerfield because that's what normally gets you laughing".

Thanks for posting that.
"I must be in the front row".

I understand ACE. Basketball has drained me over the past few seasons and it is going to take something to turn that around. After I learned Quade Green was leaving I sat down last night and tried to list the roster. I didn't get them all. Once upon a time not only could I tell you every player on the team but their jersey number, their height, weight, hometown and more. Just not interested any more because they are gone before you knew them.

Anxious to start watching bowl games

I have the same feeling for baseball. I used to know everyone on not only the Reds roster, but most on every team in the NL. Then free agency started and it wasn't too bad, at first. Now, the guy you cheer for is in the AL the next year. Players used to be on a team for years and would own a restaurant or a car dealership in their city. They would be at charity events, and be a part of the community. Now, they are just paid ballplayers. Mercenaries. Oh well, shame we can't turn back time. I just hate that my grandkids have to grow up in a completely different world than I did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT