ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My bud and I were fishing for LM & Crappie once and I fell out of the boat and the ordeal just knocked the **** out of me in the back. I crawled out with an embarrassed smirk and said "I've been hit harder playing football." He said "I'll bet you've never been hit that hard fishing"
I had a fishing experience once that was embarrassing for me and the boss. We were not actually fishing but looking for fishing spots on the beach in Corpus Christi TX. We were in a GOV van and had time to kill so we were driving along the beach looking for future spots when we happened upon a guy fishing with four deep sea poles in the water. He was wearing a blue button up type shirt and that was it. As we drove by and I saw him that way I did a double take and ask the boss if that was what I thought I saw. He started laughing saying yep, it sure was. Confused, we kept on driving coming up on another man completely naked fishing (Those two must have been fishing for sucker fish). Still confused we drove on down the beach until we came upon a sign that read: "You are now entering a public beach area", It now dawned on us that we had actually happened upon a private beach area at first. Whew! Had us worried for a bit.

552271756_406ad41c1c_b.jpg

Not yet, I was using 8" stick worms and Van Dam Rodents this morning.
Yes, and that is real fun in the Spring. Unbelievable how LM will bite a jelly worm. Or were you meaning huge night-crawlers?
Both. Lunker LM like them.
Best bait I 've used . . . live shad minnows. Even better than Catalpa worms and soft craws. Just not fair. Like trolling a trailer park with Benjamins. Why I like fishing with lures, have to fool them.
s-l1600.jpg
Panfish on an ultralight rip on something like these #6 comet flies.

Large "Rainbow trout" in Glenn Canyon of the Colorado Linky savagely attack 2/0 orange bucktail jigs.
R-PBT-BUCKJIG-2.jpg

Like spinning and want to out fish everybody else. Get hold of some Mepps Calico Cats:boom:. Hard to find? You bet. So make your own using automotive paint and bake in the Arizona sun or oven at 120-150° using the pattern below on generic Mepps spinners.:boom: This works great, catches fish every where. Make varying sizes. You'll be glad you've got them.
img_0930.jpg

Both. Lunker LM like them.
Best bait I 've used . . . live shad minnows. Even better than Catalpa worms and soft craws. Just not fair. Like trolling a trailer park with Benjamins. Why I like fishing with lures, have to fool them.
s-l1600.jpg
Panfish on an ultralight rip on something like these #6 comet flies.

Large "Rainbow trout" in Glenn Canyon of the Colorado Linky savagely attack 2/0 orange bucktail jigs.
R-PBT-BUCKJIG-2.jpg

Like spinning and want to out fish everybody else. Get hold of some Mepps Calico Cats:boom:. Hard to find? You bet. So make your own using automotive paint and bake in the Arizona sun or oven at 120-150° using the pattern below on generic Mepps spinners.:boom: This works great, catches fish every where. Make varying sizes. You'll be glad you've got them.
img_0930.jpg
Good-looking lures. LM love stuff like that.Those 2nd year LM always tickle me when they bite a lure almost as big as they are.

Last edited:
It is I Don Father. Back up on the Ohio River until about the end of Nov. Medical issues for me and the better half since March. But still going good. Garden out and all that. Trying to work in a trip to the Chief's Club down at the Little Creek Base. Will try to check in on here every now and again. Good to see you all moving along.

It is I Don Father. Back up on the Ohio River until about the end of Nov. Medical issues for me and the better half since March. But still going good. Garden out and all that. Trying to work in a trip to the Chief's Club down at the Little Creek Base. Will try to check in on here every now and again. Good to see you all moving along.
Post when you have time. I have missed your input. I hope your health problems improve. I lost your telephone number. I have looked for it, but no luck. Probably in a discarded phone. If you can put a garden in, you are in better shape than me. You'll be fine.

Ymmot, what specifications on the stainless steel?

18"x18"

Woot! I got a surprise drive in August. Now I can't drive it again until November.

Having white and/or silver hair is attractive

Just sayin

Thanks Bev!:fistbump:

Evening, the D. Hit 100 today in Charleston. Absolutely brutal. John Ward, the legendary Voice of the Vols, passed away at 88. He will be sorely missed by the Big Orange Nation.

Sorry for you dude. I understand he was like our Cawood. Tough loss because it reminds us of days gone by.

18"x18"

Woot! I got a surprise drive in August. Now I can't drive it again until November.

Thanks Bev!:fistbump:

Sorry for you dude. I understand he was like our Cawood. Tough loss because it reminds us of days gone by.

I grew up listening to John Ward calling Tennessee football and basketball. Even tho most every game is either televised or streamed now, it’s still nice to hear the radio broadcast. The good announcers painted a picture with words

Had a good time with Dad today. We ventured out to Etown via US60. Saw the Ft. Knox gold repository on the way there and decided to stop in on the way home. Was going to take too long to get a visitor pass so we'll go back again some other day.

Stopped by Otter Creek Park on the way back.

Went in and drove around West Point. Wow. That was like going back to the 60's. They've got several parks back there though where you can drive right up to the river. They have a marker there at the Veterans Park that shows the water level of the 1937 flood. Amazing to sit where we were, seeing how far above the river we were, and see the sign that showed how high the water reached. The sign was 30 feet above where we were sitting. Just looking around at the surrounding area, including across the river, was astounding. 1964 was the next lowest and I remember that one. Our basement flooded.

We had Zaxby's chicken fingers for lunch. He wanted honey mustard sauce. I said fine. Dietary restrictions are off when he's with me two days a week.

I grew up listening to John Ward calling Tennessee football and basketball. Even tho most every game is either televised or streamed now, it’s still nice to hear the radio broadcast. The good announcers painted a picture with words
No doubt. They had to when they had more people listening than watching. There was no UK on TV when I started listening to Cawood.

Evening, the D. Hit 100 today in Charleston. Absolutely brutal. John Ward, the legendary Voice of the Vols, passed away at 88. He will be sorely missed by the Big Orange Nation.
Ghost are you old enough to remember George Mooney? I think John Ward replaced him. Also do the Vol's still have the Vol Navy? In the very early 60's George took his small boat up the river to the stadium and tied up to a tree to beat game day traffic. Thus the Vol Navy,

Ghost are you old enough to remember George Mooney? I think John Ward replaced him. Also do the Vol's still have the Vol Navy? In the very early 60's George took his small boat up the river to the stadium and tied up to a tree to beat game day traffic. Thus the Vol Navy,
Still have the Vol Navy. Ol’ George was before my time but the few folks still around from my Dad’s generation have good things to say about his time calling UT games. AM 1510 pretty much covered Tennessee and that’s how I started listening to John Ward.

A
Still have the Vol Navy. Ol’ George was before my time but the few folks still around from my Dad’s generation have good things to say about his time calling UT games. AM 1510 pretty much covered Tennessee and that’s how I started listening to John Ward.
Great memories. George lived pretty large on a Island that I can't remember the name of. I was at NAS Memphis awhile and listened and went to see the Vol.s some. They played Old Miss in Memphis and the crowd was wild. I'm pretty sure the Vol's have always had great announcers.

Believe it or not, I've considered purchasing some land near Salla, Finland in the Finnish Lapland. $399 for a 30m x 30m (1076 sq. ft.) lot. To get there without flying or driving requires an overnight train trip out of Helsinki. Beautiful winter sports area. Lots of mosquitoes during mid-summer. Best to visit early-summer or early fall. Extra money to be made picking berries and other edibles from the Finnish woodlands. Located less than 20 miles from the Russian border.

+1

Due to living on the border,I also sometimes listened to John Ward call UT games. He was very good at illustrating games with words.

ADVERTISEMENT