ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

axle seal and half shaft replacement tomorrow on wifes car..paid a guy a month or so ago to do same job
I did not have time to do it before so I hired somebody..(a friend)...10 dollar seal...200 hun to replace..( called me with part issue but should have picked up on said issue) so here I am re doing it myself..cv halfshaft may have been part of the issue so I'm installing new half shaft as well as new axle seal tomorrow..45 dollars my cost

axle seal and half shaft replacement tomorrow on wifes car..paid a guy a month or so ago to do same job
I did not have time to do it before so I hired somebody..(a friend)...10 dollar seal...200 hun to replace..( called me with part issue but should have picked up on said issue) so here I am re doing it myself..cv halfshaft may have been part of the issue so I'm installing new half shaft as well as new axle seal tomorrow..45 dollars my cost
I sure wish you lived closer. One of my guys bought that old van of mine, and he has had nothing but nagging crap to have fixed. Most of the guys that he went to did not know as much as me. They were telling him that he needed a $600.00 head gasket that I knew couldn't be bad. An older mechanic replaced a something 5 valve for $60 plus the part ($110). Fixed it. They had already screwed my guy to death for needless guesswork because they did not know what was causing the engine to miss. Dumb sumbitches.

I sure wish you lived closer. One of my guys bought that old van of mine, and he has had nothing but nagging crap to have fixed. Most of the guys that he went to did not know as much as me. They were telling him that he needed a $600.00 head gasket that I knew couldn't be bad. An older mechanic replaced a something 5 valve for $60 plus the part ($110). Fixed it. They had already screwed my guy to death for needless guesswork because they did not know what was causing the engine to miss. Dumb sumbitches.

me too...would have cost ya parts...no labor..BBN discount..that's why I never will open a shop..can't cover costs with BBN discount

but family and friends always first regardless of cost...they pay what I pay..parts only

I will not nor ever will I do car repair in a cut corner manner..Never..That equates to a shoddy job which the mechanic always gets the blame..word of mouth is the best advertisement ever...Not gonna put my reputation on the line to save somebody a few bucks..also why I never will open a shop

I will not nor ever will I do car repair in a cut corner manner..Never..That equates to a shoddy job which the mechanic always gets the blame..word of mouth is the best advertisement ever...Not gonna put my reputation on the line to save somebody a few bucks..also why I never will open a shop
That's me. I can't do something halfazzed. Except this week's terrible production.

more than happy to help people out on car repairs and in most cases it's free other than parts as long as I can "do it right"...you would be surprised as to how many people want to bitch about that...yet another reason why I do not open a shop...irks my ass to see what people pay for brake jobs...they say one price then jack u up over all kinds of add on's....honestly...labor should never be over 25 dollars per wheel and that's making major money if you do ten a day..ALWAYS TURN OR RPLACE ROTORS...ALWAYS USE CERAMIC PADS...rear drums and shoes on most applications should be turned or replaced ON THE SECOND Replacement OF FRONT PADS and in many cases the rears may go another round before replacement..these brake shops that advertise 139.00 per axle are using the cheapest of cheap pads and will almost always get you some sort of up charge that's their bank

Last edited:
Altamont Freeway. Stones, 1969. They actually paid the Hell's Angels in beer to provide security for the concert. What moron made that deal.
Some effed up moron, for sure.

I got a long history with the biker culture. My step-brother formerly owned Puckett's in Orlando. Nowadays, I ride a freaking bicycle to work and around ATX. 2 strokes changes a man. Once upon a time, though, life was different.

My step-mom is kneeling just above the "E" in SAFETY, in this pic.

10588845_10204256120904361_1704664239_n.jpg

Some effed up moron, for sure.

I got a long history with the biker culture. My step-brother formerly owned Puckett's in Orlando. Nowadays, I ride a freaking bicycle to work and around ATX. 2 strokes changes a man. Once upon a time, though, life was different.

My step-mom is kneeling just above the "E" in SAFETY, in this pic.

10588845_10204256120904361_1704664239_n.jpg
Damn! I have no doubt you have some great stories to tell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT