ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My gut says you're telling me that lil Robin is dead.

Idk. My yard looks damn good though.

Hope y'all are enjoying your Saturday.

ATX, "wannacry" virus sounds bad.
If a critter got the little bird, I would think that there would be a bunch of feathers somewhere, so maybe you have that going for you, or this could be the day that it soloed. We'll hope one of those.

My gut says you're telling me that lil Robin is dead.

No, no, no . . . not at all. All I'm saying is you are doing your best and that is to be commended. Those Grackles, neighbors cat, and even Dolly are more dangerous than you. The little robin was more than likely led away by it's mother than anything. The fledge follows the chuck wagon until the hormones stimulate mature behavior. BTW congrats on the yard looking good. That take effort with specific intent.

Did you have a storm before those baby birds were displaced?

Yea, well, mostly rain. Good soaking rain, not real windy. I think it was just time for him to leave the nest.

He's feeling cocky now. Standing tall on this little rock wall. Dog went to investigate and I told her NO! Birdy started hopping and flapping. I think he feels big like he successfully stood up to the big black dog.

We're whipping him into shape. He just needed some adversity to overcome. Drive him out of his little comfy grass divot.

Here's the lil squirt

IMG_6500_zpsovgwc1ye.jpg

Here's the big squirt.

IMG_6498_zpsxlsii68g.jpg

What up everybody. Great day so far. I was on pins and needles waiting to see if birdy was alive. Thanks for the updates...

Did the 3 C's this morning
  • Coffee
  • Cleanse
  • Cardio (ran 3.5 miles, burned off 630 calories)
Went to an arboretum with the wife.
Then helped her with some Mothers day landscaping for her stepmom & her mom
  • Half ton of river rock
  • 300 lbs of stones for a raised flower bed
Watching our daughters 4 month old Golden Retriever is wearin us out!

It's been a good day...

Here's the lil squirt
Lil squirt will be flying in about 3/4 days. If worried placed in shrub but likely won't stay. He's ready and willing but needs to grow and strengthen. The rate he's growing he'd be as big as a battleship in 6 mos. Robins are good parents. He's got a great chance. Needs lots of protein (worms & insects). Parents will see to that. Seclusion is good. All is well.
d39bba3938dac8e47b771aa3d6ea88a1.jpg

What up everybody. Great day so far. I was on pins and needles waiting to see if birdy was alive. Thanks for the updates...

Did the 3 C's this morning
  • Coffee
  • Cleanse
  • Cardio (ran 3.5 miles, burned off 630 calories)
Went to an arboretum with the wife.
Then helped her with some Mothers day landscaping for her stepmom & her mom
  • Half ton of river rock
  • 300 lbs of stones for a raised flower bed
Watching our daughters 4 month old Golden Retriever is wearin us out!

It's been a good day...
Busy Saturday!

4 hr nap! Damn ATX! I didnt realize pickin up quarters made a person that tired...
[laughing]

This quarter thing has turned into more of an analysis on drunken bar patrons. I've found nearly all the big scores at area bars located within 1 square mile walking distance from our place. Incredible, really. My theory is these Joe's get plastered and simply don't give a damn. Scary when you think they get behind the wheel.

[laughing]

This quarter thing has turned into more of an analysis on drunken bar patrons. I've found nearly all the big scores at area bars located within 1 square mile walking distance from our place. Incredible, really. My theory is these Joe's get plastered and simply don't give a damn. Scary when you think they get behind the wheel.
Yep. They pull those car keys out of their pocket and the change goes everywhere sometimes.

I have actually heard of bike riders that have too much to drink and then walk their bike across busy busy bridges in that condition. I have heard of this happening in the New Orleans area.
[laughing]

T'was on the bridge between Shreveport and Bossier City, LA. Whew! I got toasted that night.

New Orleans thing happened when my cousin in KY called our FL cousins to guide me back to the bus station when I got ripped. "Turn right." "Turn left". Ha ha. Great to have a rescue party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT