ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I don't have cable, but yea, I'd be watching this anyway. Least till I leave to go watch John Wall at 8.

He's cleaning himself again. I think if it will quit raining and he can fluff himself up, he'll be more eager to move around. Another worm deposit from Momma. She's working hard.
Are the other baby birds still in the nest or is it empty?

Wowww. Spotted another momma and young child. Black birds, the ones with blueish/purplish tint heads. Real loud ones. This lil buddy followed his mom hopping up through the bed by the hostas. Momma flew away and now he's just chillin. More advanced than the robin, but I don't think he can fly. Pecking around in the pine needles.

Wow. His momma came back and told him "flap those wings son!", and he tried real hard. I think he'll be flying tomorrow. A couple days older than baby Robin I would guess. He hops around real good, but just sits still when momma leaves. Trying to hunt stuff.

The black birds are about 20ft from the robins.

Fascinating stuff happening here. Got a lil baby Robin that must have left the nest last night. Spotted him this morning hunkered down in the grass - which is nice and tall bc I didn't mow it Wednesday before the rains came. So he's got nice little cover, and my dog hasn't even noticed him I don't believe. Birdy's near the porch about 15ft away from me. He has managed to stand up and stick his head above the grass. This morning he looked like a scared little blob hiding from the world. He's thinking about making something of himself now. Momma is watching from the trees/mulched area to his left. I'm watching from the screened porch to his right. She chirps some encouragement to him now and then, and swoops in to feed him some worms. I'm watching him like a hawk. If that stupid neighbor cat comes in my yard and gets him tonight I will be so mad.

I don't know how long it takes them to get going, but he looks like he'll be hopping around by morning. But I guess he hopped away from the bush he was born in? He's about 7 feet from that. But he hasn't moved today. Idk. Probably in shock of the wide world outside of the bush. I'll keep you posted. Lil buddy will thrive and prosper, I think.
That is a fascinating story indeed. Look around and see of you can find the nest that it fell out of. That cat will get it more than likely if it stays on the ground.. QB & I failed at nursing a newborn rabbit a few years ago. The dang little thing was round as a ball and rolled down a hill. The mother moved her nest apparently because I couldn't find it to put the little guy back in it. It croaked.

Wowww. Spotted another momma and young child. Black birds, the ones with blueish/purplish tint heads. Real loud ones. This lil buddy followed his mom hopping up through the bed by the hostas. Momma flew away and now he's just chillin. More advanced than the robin, but I don't think he can fly. Pecking around in the pine needles.

Wow. His momma came back and told him "flap those wings son!", and he tried real hard. I think he'll be flying tomorrow. A couple days older than baby Robin I would guess. He hops around real good, but just sits still when momma leaves. Trying to hunt stuff.

That's fun stuff.

Those are Grackles sounds like.

Are the other baby birds still in the nest or is it empty?

It's empty. I never even noticed any in the Robin nest, so I missed something...I walk by it at least twice a day and look in it. There are no egg shells in there though.

But if anything tragic happened, that damn cat got em. I've caught him 2 nights in a row snooping around that area, just around the corner.

Lost track of young black bird. I think I see him across the yard now. He can really hop. Yea that's him.

Yea, that's it. Common Grackle
Quiscalus-quiscula-001.jpg

It's empty. I never even noticed any in the Robin nest, so I missed something...I walk by it at least twice a day and look in it. There are no egg shells in there though.

But if anything tragic happened, that damn cat got em. I've caught him 2 nights in a row snooping around that area, just around the corner.

Lost track of young black bird. I think I see him across the yard now. He can really hop. Yea that's him.
If it's empty then the fledglings have probably flown away. The one on the ground may be just slow to take flight. Since the mother is hanging around she'll do what she can. I've seen this happen before but I'm in no way an expert.

I think the mother birds carry the egg shells and poop away from the nest. Not sure though.

That is a fascinating story indeed. Look around and see of you can find the nest that it fell out of. That cat will get it more than likely if it stays on the ground.. QB & I failed at nursing a newborn rabbit a few years ago. The dang little thing was round as a ball and rolled down a hill. The mother moved her nest apparently because I couldn't find it to put the little guy back in it. It croaked.

That's sad.

That sob cat better not.

The birds were more entertaining than this Wizards game. I love John Wall but dislike most of his teammates.

Fascinating stuff happening here. Got a lil baby Robin that must have left the nest last night. Spotted him this morning hunkered down in the grass - which is nice and tall bc I didn't mow it Wednesday before the rains came. So he's got nice little cover, and my dog hasn't even noticed him I don't believe. Birdy's near the porch about 15ft away from me. He has managed to stand up and stick his head above the grass. This morning he looked like a scared little blob hiding from the world. He's thinking about making something of himself now. Momma is watching from the trees/mulched area to his left. I'm watching from the screened porch to his right. She chirps some encouragement to him now and then, and swoops in to feed him some worms. I'm watching him like a hawk. If that stupid neighbor cat comes in my yard and gets him tonight I will be so mad.

I don't know how long it takes them to get going, but he looks like he'll be hopping around by morning. But I guess he hopped away from the bush he was born in? He's about 7 feet from that. But he hasn't moved today. Idk. Probably in shock of the wide world outside of the bush. I'll keep you posted. Lil buddy will thrive and prosper, I think.

Uh oh. This has me worried.

I'm a fat and fed domesticated hawk tho lol.

I don't think they have a chance in Boston, but that's why you play the game. I didn't think they'd win tonight when they were down 5.

Lil birdy safe for now. I couldn't see him at first. He blends in pretty good when he's hunkered down. Kinda looks like a toad. Hope the sun shines tomorrow and he starts hopping around some.

Supposedly the worst movie ever made but has now become a cult classic. Just like Ed Wood's Plan 9 From Outer Space. I read the book about the making of the movie and it's flat out hysterical. I bought the movie and can't wait to watch it. What is it with me and and my fascination with really awful movies? The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is another one.

images

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT