ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Pasta night. My favorite day of the week.

vpvdwrebrkj_si5geeohnwliaka.gif

Visited mother in-law in the hospital this afternoon. Gangrene has worsened. More surgery tomorrow to remove more of her left foot. It looks bad. Ugh!
Sorry to hear that, Austin. Gangrene doesn't mess around. They'll probably take more than necessary to make sure they get it all. I remember a few years back when a professor here used maggots and leeches to treat a bad case of gangrene. It worked just as good as surgery did. The maggots removed the dead flesh and the leeches helped the blood flow in healing the healthy flesh.

Sorry to hear that, Austin. Gangrene doesn't mess around. They'll probably take more than necessary to make sure they get it all. I remember a few years back when a professor here used maggots and leeches to treat a bad case of gangrene. It worked just as good as surgery did. The maggots removed the dead flesh and the leeches helped the blood flow in healing the healthy flesh.
Thanks, Ghost! Great info. I've heard about such treatment. I'll bring that up to her doctor.

Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT