ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

East Kentucky here, Ashland area.
I like Ashland. For years I called on the good folks at Ashland Petroleum. I stayed at the Plaza in Ashland. On the top floor they had a lounge for the frequent visitors. Good place to hang out.

edit: the Ashland Petroleum folks were always top drawer. They were closer to being friends than customers.

I like Ashland. For years I called on the good folks at Ashland Petroleum. I stayed at the Plaza in Ashland. On the top floor they had a lounge for the frequent visitors. Good place to hang out.

edit: the Ashland Petroleum folks were always top drawer. They were closer to being friends than customers.
When was the last time you were in the area?

Hump Day is upon us.
latest

Everyday here is hump day.

We just got an invitation to our nephew's high school graduation. It's special because he's autistic and a really fine young man. He'll be dependent on his family for life but it's still quite an achievement. Proud of him!

Wife's great nephew is graduating from high school. We got an invite to his graduation party. We can't stand the snot and he can't stand us. Typecast rich kid. Rich grandparents, well-off long-time flight attendant mother, airline pilot sperm donor dad (he's paid dearly for that very brief fling. probably over $200K in child support for a fling of a couple of weeks). Casting the net for gifts so we'll cough up and attend for the sake of wife's niece's feelings. His grandparents got him a $350 GoPro with a couple of hundred bucks of accessories for his birthday.. When he unwrapped it he didn't even open the box. "What's wrong," they asked. "It's not the one I wanted." Never used it once. So they bought him a $2K camera because he had "plans" to be a professional photographer. That interest lasted about two weeks before he lost interest. Our hundred bucks will be pocket change for him..Family obligations you know.

Last edited:
Wife's great nephew is graduating from high school. We got an invite to his graduation party. We can't stand the snot and he can't stand us. Casting the net for gifts so we'll cough up and attend for the sake of wife's niece's feelings. Family obligations you know.
I don't like giving gifts in this situation, but we have done it too. I'm a sucker.

Wife's great nephew is graduating from high school. We got an invite to his graduation party. We can't stand the snot and he can't stand us. Typecast rich kid. Rich grandparents, well-off long-time flight attendant mother, airline pilot sperm donor dad. Casting the net for gifts so we'll cough up and attend for the sake of wife's niece's feelings. Family obligations you know.
give him a card with a check for a dollar

We just got an invitation to our nephew's high school graduation. It's special because he's autistic and a really fine young man. He'll be dependent on his family for life but it's still quite an achievement. Proud of him!
that's amazing. It IS an achievement; I know you're proud!
I remember when my cousin graduated HS in 1985; he's mentally handicapped; pretty severely. but he completed the program
best part - and it blew my aunt away, she just bawled - when they called his name the entire graduating class gave him a standing ovation.
I still tear up thinking about it.

Does it make me a had person cause that it irritates me to no end when I see a 700 lb person wearing a shirt 13 times too small?

Even Lane Bryant and Big and Tall have their limits on how big they make things.

Though is often their own fault, I still can't help having compassion for morbidly obese people. It's got to be miserable being like that.

Last edited:
that's amazing. It IS an achievement; I know you're proud!
I remember when my cousin graduated HS in 1985; he's mentally handicapped; pretty severely. but he completed the program
best part - and it blew my aunt away, she just bawled - when they called his name the entire graduating class gave him a standing ovation.
I still tear up thinking about it.
To be honest it's an honorary thing and that's okay. He can't read and may never but he can work as long as it's repetitive labor, i.e dish washing, grocery bagging. He took a lot of teasing growing up from other kids and that was hard to watch. Tough kid though. He'll be just fine!

To be honest it's an honorary thing and that's okay. He can't read and may never but he can work as long as it's repetitive labor, i.e dish washing, grocery bagging. He took a lot of teasing growing up from other kids and that was hard to watch. Tough kid though. He'll be just fine!
sounds like my cousin
I often wondered if it was autism, he's five years older than me, so that wasn't a popular diagnosis when he was a child. He has all the repetitive behaviors
and his diploma was honorary - he finished the program offered by our school system

I'm tired myself
been a long day - worked all day, then came home to my daughter doing laundry.
love my daughter and granddaughter dearly, and love seeing them, but was ready for them to leave tonight; the grand is in her terrible twos and her momma was pretty fed up
I didn't sleep well last night, either

oh, btw - my son officially popped the question to his g/f. Date set for 2019.

I'm tired myself
love my daughter and granddaughter dearly, and love seeing them, but was ready for them to leave tonight; the grand is in her terrible twos and her momma was pretty fed up
I didn't sleep well last night, either.

Congratulations.

I'm tired myself
I didn't sleep well last night, either

I think my second child is stuck in the terrible 2's seeing as how she's 3 1/2 now.

Little bullfrog croaking. Must be lonesome.
He keeps singing he won't be lonely very long. Happy tadpoles in your future.
giphy.gif

Hummingbirds should be here before too long.

I've 3 pair. One pair of Anna's out front. Another pair of Anna's out back. The males fight each other all the time and are scared to death of the females after the young leave the nest and start to forage.
annas_hummingbird_1.jpg

A pair of Black-chinned on the east side.
black_chinned_hummingbird_11.jpg

All of them hawk insects and love it when I mow and stir them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT