ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Just did some research on Dogtown...now I remembered why I haven't been there in a while. This is from The Courier and Press 2010-probably too much info...
For the past five and a half years, Mike and Dawn Nunning have operated the tavern, which is believed to date back to before 1889.
Mike Nunning said he and his wife own all the assets inside the tavern while his mother, Susie Carr Scoles, owns the building and the four acres of land on which it sits.
The Nunnings closed the tavern July 30 on the heels of a lawsuit brought against them by Scoles, Nunning said.
He said she brought judgment against them for revenues lost over four months when the tavern was closed for repairs, following what Nunning described as a grease fire that occurred last November in a cooker.
The future of the building was uncertain, said the Nunnings.

Edit: Another joint destroyed by "fire"

Damn. That is a shame. I hate to see good things go away.

What was so interesting was all the ceiling fans ran on one motor and were connected by belts.

Just did some research on Dogtown...now I remembered why I haven't been there in a while. This is from The Courier and Press 2010-probably too much info...
For the past five and a half years, Mike and Dawn Nunning have operated the tavern, which is believed to date back to before 1889.
Mike Nunning said he and his wife own all the assets inside the tavern while his mother, Susie Carr Scoles, owns the building and the four acres of land on which it sits.
The Nunnings closed the tavern July 30 on the heels of a lawsuit brought against them by Scoles, Nunning said.
He said she brought judgment against them for revenues lost over four months when the tavern was closed for repairs, following what Nunning described as a grease fire that occurred last November in a cooker.
The future of the building was uncertain, said the Nunnings.

Edit: Another joint destroyed by "fire"
Speaking of fires didn't that retro Denny's off the I-64 Evansville exit have a fire awhile back? We always try to stop there on our way to St. Louis when visiting my sister.

Stumbled across this old photo of the last D-League gathering.

the-grapes-of-wrath-1940-the-joad-family-about-to-set-out-on-their-ec809b.jpg

evening D
just got home
Son did a great job at the concert today; he's part of the CU Steel Drum band. He does what they call the engine room - basically, plays all percussion that is not steel drum. Tonight he was on the drum kit and did a fantastic job. Proud of that kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT