ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I bought the castle for my weekend home guys and gal. I felt like I needed two homes...

Drinking my coffee.

Don't have a clue what I'm doing today.

Knox was huge. Odds of getting bamba? Add him and goodness that's a roster full of talent.

Derby....didn't bet wanted to use twinspires.com but couldn't figure out if it was free so drank a Miller and watched from the couch.

Last edited:
  • Good Morning, D-Leagueans.
  • 54º in Johns Creek. Clear and sunny. We are going to have a nice day. 70º predicted. VFR.
  • Lola says hello. Having a puppy is similar to caring for a child. She will be 6 months old tomorrow.
  • The Koi, Goldfish and Blue Gill have been fed.
  • The Zoysia is real green after all of this rain.
  • It turns out that I know the driver that was in that wreck that I passed last night on my way home. He coached one of #1's kids basketball teams. Poor guy. He is in a mess. Running from the cops. He has expensive problems and no money.
  • Happy to get Knox. Hope Diallo comes back.
  • Ba da ba da Bamba.
  • Wish I was cooking something on the BGE. Need another bag of charcoal.
  • Missing Ymmot.
  • That's it.
  • Be careful. Take care. Have fun.

Last edited:
I used to live in Henderson.

Edit: I was the District Sales Manager for CSX. My office was in Howell Yard (I think). Wonderful years there. Evansville is a very nice area.

The home of Sterling Beer.
We beat Evansville Bosse 21-20 in 1960. Got my picture on the front page of the Sunday Sport's page. Dad was proud of that.

I used to live in Henderson.

Edit: I was the District Sales Manager for CSX. My office was in Howell Yard (I think). Wonderful years there. Evansville is a very nice area.
The home of Sterling Beer.

Yep. you are correct on both. Howell and Sterling. Sterling is no longer in operation, building has been torn down. When I was in college (USI) back in the late 80's we used to frequent the Super Inn right across from Howell yards.

I live on the west side, out Hwy 65. I don't cross the money-savin' bridge into Henderson too often...other than going to Nashville or anywhere else South.

60° & Sunny. Think I'm gonna piddle around out in the yard all day.

Coffee...what a lifesaver. Tastes really good right now, apparently so did the $5 pitchers of Banquet beer last night...:chairshot:

The Freedom Train never get's old.
6747314.jpg

Yep. you are correct on both. Howell and Sterling. Sterling is no longer in operation, building has been torn down. When I was in college (USI) back in the late 80's we used to frequent the Super Inn right across from Howell yards.

I live on the west side, out Hwy 65. I don't cross the money-savin' bridge into Henderson too often...other than going to Nashville or anywhere else South.

60° & Sunny. Think I'm gonna piddle around out in the yard all day.

Coffee...what a lifesaver. Tastes really good right now, apparently so did the $5 pitchers of Banquet beer last night...:chairshot:

Do or did you ever go to Dogtown?

Just heard "My Old Kentucky Home" on TV. Brought me to tears.

Hard
  • Good Morning, D-Leagueans.
  • 54º in Johns Creek. Clear and sunny. We are going to have a nice day. 70º predicted. VFR.
  • Lola says hello. Having a puppy is similar to caring for a child. She will be 6 months old tomorrow.
  • The Koi, Goldfish and Blue Gill have been fed.
  • The Zoysia is real green after all of this rain.
  • It turns out that I know the driver that was in that wreck that I passed last night on my way home. He coached one of #1's kids basketball teams. Poor guy. He is in a mess. Running from the cops. He has expensive problems and no money.
  • Happy to get Knox. Hope Diallo comes back.
  • Ba da ba da Bamba.
  • Wish I was cooking something on the BGE. Need another bag of charcoal.
  • Missing Ymmot.
  • That's it.
  • Be careful. Take care. Have fun.
If we can get Diallo back and Bamba signed, the team will be a defensive nightmare for other teams.

Slice your potatoes about 3/16" thick. Lay them in a dish that has a cover, garlic salt, put another layer, repeat, etc. Throw in a 1/2 or a whole stick of salted butter and nuke them for about 15 minutes depending on how many potatoes you cook. More potatoes more time. They are pretty simple to make and very good.

We beat Evansville Bosse 21-20 in 1960. Got my picture on the front page of the Sunday Sport's page. Dad was proud of that.

Don, I boxed in the Golden Gloves a couple of years in Knoxville. My coach told me to cut that hair out of my eyes before my third fight. I didn't. After the first round He found some scissors and cut my hair in the corner after the first round. A picture of me getting a haircut ran in the Knoxville newspaper next day. Along with a little Samson story. Said I was winning the fight until they cut my hair off but I ended up losing the fight.

ymmot get banned?

Just did some research on Dogtown...now I remembered why I haven't been there in a while. This is from The Courier and Press 2010-probably too much info...
For the past five and a half years, Mike and Dawn Nunning have operated the tavern, which is believed to date back to before 1889.
Mike Nunning said he and his wife own all the assets inside the tavern while his mother, Susie Carr Scoles, owns the building and the four acres of land on which it sits.
The Nunnings closed the tavern July 30 on the heels of a lawsuit brought against them by Scoles, Nunning said.
He said she brought judgment against them for revenues lost over four months when the tavern was closed for repairs, following what Nunning described as a grease fire that occurred last November in a cooker.
The future of the building was uncertain, said the Nunnings.

Edit: Another joint destroyed by "fire"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT