ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Id call that a workable system... at least in that point in time.

[cheers]
I told my wife, "let's turn this off until about 10 minutes before post and I'll just pick a few horses to bet on", she didn't like that idea. I don't either. She's a better handicapper than I am. She's going to give me a list here shortly of horses and I'll decide how to bet them. That works out the best. She's good at picking the horses, but bad at betting them properly to not step on herself.

I'm probably better off that I know less than zero about horse racing. I bonded out a horse trainer one time when Keeneland was running. I took the guy to get his truck or something that I did not have to do, and he appreciated it. It was late in the meet and a lot of long-shots were winning. The horse owners were having to pay the stable bills. You get the picture. He came by the office and told us that a certain horse was going to win. We bet and the horse won. We won money. We were so excited. The name of the horse was All Right Honey.

I think a lot of horse racing is fixed. I do not think the Derby is fixed. Everyone races as hard as they can go in that race. Probably a naïve thought though since HUMANS are involved. People cheat, it's their nature to be greedy and duplicitous.

In my opinion, Roy Clark is the best guitarist evah. At least the best who was ever out front and we all know his name. No doubt there is better. There always is. Al DiMeola is quite an awesome guitarist, but can he play bluegrass? I don't know. Al didn't do no bluegrass that I'm aware of. What I do know is that I can name about ten people who can play guitar with more technical prowess than that heroine addict who played left handed at Woodstock. Pisses me off to hear him proclaimed number one.

1970 will go down as quite possibly the most important year in history. For 1970 tis the year the kaizer stormed onto the scene.

You are quite awesome, doubt I'll get any argument there, but 1970 was also the year that Walter Cronkite made his last newscast. That can be compared to the day the music died. Are you saying that your birth is equal to the day the Big Bopper died? No, I didn't think so. BB epitomized American society at that time, and I'll BE DAMNED, if I stand here and let someone run down this great country of America. Later.

He's much better than his brother IMO.
I certainly agree with that, I thought Jimi was a little off when asked how it feels to be the best guitar player in the world and his response was "I don't know ask Johnny Winter." Personally I thought Richie Blackmore was best. But with the likes of Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Roy Clark and many others playing at the time, I was changing my mind with each new release. All were fabulous. It was an unbelievable era of old and new.

I certainly agree with that, I thought Jimi was a little off when asked how it feels to be the best guitar player in the world and his response was "I don't know ask Johnny Winter." Personally I thought Richie Blackmore was best. But with the likes of Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Roy Clark and many others playing at the time, I was changing my mind with each new release. All were fabulous. It was an unbelievable era of old and new.
You left out Duane Allman! Seriously, there's too many to name and it's a hot subject because there's many different kinds of music. Jazz, classical, flamenco, etc. guitarists would have to be considered as well.

01-duvall-nakedcity.jpg

86 years old.

You left out Duane Allman!
True, but I sure didn't leave him out of my collection. I have a big soft spot for Doc Watson as well. I could go on and on still leaving out great players like Tommy Olster, a child prodigy playing piano at the age of three getting private lesson from Chuck Berry at the age of nine. There were many who we never knew about at the time. Much less across the various genres.
Elvis-as-a-Rooster--114341.jpg

Yes sir you'd be right!
Dude, when you mentioned the Troubador earlier, and the bull there, I put it along side the other hints you've dropped since you've been here and I know damn well that we've inhabited the same place at the same time before. way back when. I was at the T and didn't want anything to do with that bull. We both remember the same things about the Louisville scene at that time and we probably both lament that it is so lame now compared to then.

Dude, when you mentioned the Troubador earlier, and the bull there, I put it along side the other hints you've dropped since you've been here and I know damn well that we've inhabited the same place at the same time before. way back when. I was at the T and didn't want anything to do with that bull. We both remember the same things about the Louisville scene at that time and we probably both lament that it is so lame now compared to then.
Yeah I miss those days. Tuesday night block parties downtown at the Great Midwestern, Zanzibar, City Lights and a few others that I can't remember. Phoenix Hill, Butchertown Pub, Dutch's Tavern, Maier's, Woody's, etc.. Too many to remember. WLRS when FM started getting attention. Yeah good memories. Hell, we may have drank a beer together and not even have known it.

Yeah I miss those days. Tuesday night block parties downtown at the Great Midwestern, Zanzibar, City Lights and a few others that I can't remember. Phoenix Hill, Butchertown Pub, Dutch's Tavern, Maier's, Woody's, etc.. Too many to remember. WLRS when FM started getting attention. Yeah good memories. Hell, we may have drank a beer together and not even have known it.
Ha, we may have known it at the time, but I doubt we remembered it. [cheers] no way we weren't there at the same time though. Did you ever go to the Garage in Jeffersonville IN.?

OK, so you were more sober than I was, but now that you've mentioned them I remember all those things. Today sucks compared to the days when drinking and driving meant you just drove slower and everything was OK.

I think I remember that place. Didn't that start up in the late 80's? There weren't many bars back then that I didn't check out.
Nope, by the late 80's it was gone. The hayday was around 80 til 85. I was going there in 78 in the afternoon when no one was there. By the time the night shift people came in they all assumed I was 21. It was as good as Jim Porters for meeting women who thought I was their next boyfriend. Any place pre-aids was awesome fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT